Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• Options
    well just to be safe I've taken a screenshot of everycharacter so that when I do get shards I can double check things are accurate. le sigh.
  • Options
    Really frustrating that there has been total silence from EA and CG today. Even just an "we're working diligently to resolve this problem" would be nice. I guess I'll have to go to Google Play tomorrow and get those refunds running.
  • Ruggie_Starbanger
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I just opened an 8 pack of chromium. Have 65/85 Fisto. Got 3 Fistos, still sitting at 75/80.
    This is bull, how many other times have I been robbed for multiples? I have spent well close to 1k on this game, this is rediculous. Fix this or I want my money back. Is there even any way for them to add our lost shards?
    Ruggie
    Post edited by AlderaanPlaces on
  • Options
    brrrdt wrote: »
    Really frustrating that there has been total silence from EA and CG today. Even just an "we're working diligently to resolve this problem" would be nice. I guess I'll have to go to Google Play tomorrow and get those refunds running.

I know Apple has started to refund players up to $1800 already

Google only refunds you that Barriss pack I heard.. But won't do anything regarding shards.. Even with those beautiful links here.. I'm assuming EA are pushing back all refunds and Google says their ToS doesn't cover that

If u get anything, please let me know as I have over $3k invested/spent/wasted here
  • Options
    @LordYUGOLOTH have you tried to get a refund from Google yet? I don't see how EA could have a TOS argument on this one -- they took money from us and straight up didn't deliver what we paid for. That's different than Barriss, where the character was changed after purchase but you still have the character. No TOS should cover what is essentially a fraudulent sale.
  • Options
    @LordYUGOLOTH have you tried to get a refund from Google yet? I don't see how EA could have a TOS argument on this one -- they took money from us and straight up didn't deliver what we paid for. That's different than Barriss, where the character was changed after purchase but you still have the character. No TOS should cover what is essentially a fraudulent sale.

well, it was refused by Google .. I showed the email to a bunch of players herein Line chat...

I even phone called them.. And now they have a note in my file for no refund requests.. Maybe it's the Canadian Google office who sux..idk
  • Options
    I'm so glad this is being brought to light. Sheer dumb luck that I haven't had any duplicate shards in any of my packs. Definitely not buying any Chromiums until this is acknowledged and remedied.
  • Options
    What is most appalling is that the issue is being ignored, or palmed off as a visual error whilst people get more and more angry and upset.

They are well aware of it by now, probably even successfully replicated it as it's quite common, and probably trying to not get fired instead of acknowledge it and fix it.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Guys - I got refunds onto my payment method from iTunes today for the 3 packs that I had issues with. I raised two tickets relating to those three packs. One of the tickets was answered by refunding me the 12 Tie Pilot shards that went missing. The other ticket (12 missing Royal Guard shards) was closed by EA as 'devs will look into it, no further action'.
  • Options
    @damoven -- what did you say to itunes to get the refund?
  • Options
    Hey everyone,

Yes, we are still looking into this. I personally have tried to test this and cannot get the results that some of you are seeing, I'm getting the right amount of shards each time.

We're taking this matter very seriously and are trying to track down what might be going on. If you submit a ticket to us about this happening, please be as descriptive as possible about everything, the more information the better.

-Jesse
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • damoven
    21 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    @damoven -- what did you say to itunes to get the refund?

Nothing. I went to the standard iTunes web page to report a problem, and then selected the purchase, chose the option that was along the lines of "I did not get my in game item correctly" and explained the exact circumstances of it, and pointed them to this bug thread.

Since my initial problems, I've bought 4 more additional packs (screen-shotting my characters beforehand, each time) and have not had any duplicates in my packs, so I have not been able to recreate the issue.
  • Options
    Thanks @EA_Jesse for the update. Would it be useful for some of us who have experienced this issue to provide our game ids or anything so you can review our purchases and shard credits? With the date of purchase and our game info, surely you could track how the crystals were used and what the packs provided. That seems more straightforward than trying to replicate it.
  • Options
    I'm not going to request a refund but only because I don't have the screenshot proof it happened. I'll just operate under the assumption that if they can finally figure out why it is happening, apparently randomly, then they'll figure out an appropriate resolution for those effected. I was pretty sure it happened with some qui-gon shards as I thought I was going to be able to upgrade him after my 8 x8 packs but went to do so and didn't have the shards I thought I would. Alas no screen shots so meh. And I'm even honest enough to admit that as a test today I took a screen shot of all my characters and bought some x8 packs and did get some duplicates and it all came out as it should have....which is why i'm assuming its happening intermittently as others have specifically noticed it and my issue previously. I just chalked it up to my memory playing games on me so I won't force any issue. They are looking into it, and I'm sure they don't want people getting **** off about something they are having trouble verifying. Yes they want money but I can't believe they'd roll like that and just dismiss it. They simply need to be able to verify it is happening so they can prevent it from happening in the future. Calm down and give them a little credit. they are trying.
  • Options
    im just happy we got an update that they are looking into it.
  • Options
    Thanks for your post Lokai, we are indeed digging into this issue and want to find out what could be causing it. Definitely don't want this hidden, I want it found!
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Just bought a few more 8 packs on screen shot- all duplicates were accounted for and only visual bug was the issue.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Yes, we are still looking into this. I personally have tried to test this and cannot get the results that some of you are seeing, I'm getting the right amount of shards each time.

We're taking this matter very seriously and are trying to track down what might be going on. If you submit a ticket to us about this happening, please be as descriptive as possible about everything, the more information the better.

-Jesse
    Thank you for responding. The silence was deafening.
  • Options
    EA Jesse says he has been looking into this and hasn't gotten the results that we are experiencing. But didn't someone just post that they should check out a video that proves what's going on? Can't get any clearer then that. Just saying.
  • Snyperino
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I appreciate your work damoven, but I am not spending anymore money, neither should anyone else, on testing this visual bug theory. EA/CG Should take all that money they made off robbing us of character shards and spend it buying there own 8x chromium packs to troubleshoot this.
  • Options
    Just got those bug a few minute ago.
    Previously own 2star greedo, open 8-pack got another Greedo(convert into shards) and 12 Greedo shards. I should got 20+ shards in total but actually got 12. You can check my id log. Ign: Dogdig
    Ally code: 234-594-431
  • Snyperino
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ok, I bought a 8x chromium bundle, just now. 3 of the 8 data packs were 10 shards packs of qui-gon. I took a screenshot of all my characters pre-purchase and the qui-gon shards are accounted for. I believe it is a visual bug that happens when you open the data pack the first time. The first time reveal of a character's shards will show you the total shards you are going to be awarded for that character in the ENTIRE bundle EVEN if you haven't opened the rest of the bundle, giving the appearance of the number counting back up over and over again for consecutive character shard reveals. Shards are accounted for on my end, but can appear visually/audibly misleading to many others.
    Post edited by Snyperino on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    dogdig99 wrote: »
    Just got those bug a few minute ago.
    Previously own 2star greedo, open 8-pack got another Greedo(convert into shards) and 12 Greedo shards. I should got 20+ shards in total but actually got 12. You can check my id log. Ign: Dogdig
    Ally code: 234-594-431
    That could be a perfect example.

Even though you haven't got a screenshot from before opening the 8Pack Greedo cannot be farmed for shards anywhere except Arena Shipments so you should only have multiples of 5 shards thay aren't pulled from Chromium packs.

Can you post a screenshot of your Greedo now @dogdig?
  • Options
    This happened to me on two seperate 8x pack pulls. It was right after launch so I dont remember which characters were affected, but thank you for proving I'm not crazy!
  • Options

Brrrdt.. With Google it seems that if you do a phone call and do a follow up survey, your refund chances are way higher.. A friend of mine got this email from Google..

""Thank you for your patience while I looked into this refund request for you. I understand that you'd like a refund for all of your purchases inside Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes because the support from the developer is not what you'd like.

I'm sorry to hear that. While our ability to issue refunds in cases like this is limited, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. With that being said, I've refunded ten orders, totaling $1,020.08.
    These refunds should appear in your accounts within the next several days, but may take longer depending on your bank or other payment institution. For more specific information, I recommend contacting them directly.

To check the status of your refund or to see which payment method was used for this purchase, you can also check https://payments.google.com/.

If you're experiencing repeated issues with Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes or support from Electronic Arts, I would encourage you not to make any additional purchases from the developer until you've reached a resolution with them.

While Google may sometimes issue courtesy refunds to users, developers are expected to provide support for their product - including delivery of in-app content - and they are able to issue refunds at their discretion.

Also, if you would like to file a complaint against a particular app or developer, you can do so here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/contact/takedown

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know""

I was told you need to do both Links regarding content purchased and missing

Last try for me... I rather get the tons of freakin shards I'm missing, but if EA is fixing this while playing the game of ; it's working now, all shards are fine.. And not owning to what tons of players are saying that we all are missing hundreds of hero shards since world launch, then i hope that all these players and those who were unaware will take the next step in procedures
  • Options
    Snyperino wrote: »
    Ok, I bought a 8x chromium bundle, just now. 3 of the 8 data packs were 10 shards packs of qui-gon. I took a screenshot of all my characters pre-purchase and the qui-gon shards are accounted for. I believe it is a visual bug that happens when you open the data pack the first time. The first time reveal of a character's shards will show you the total shards you are going to be awarded for that character in the ENTIRE bundle EVEN if you haven't opened the rest of the bundle, giving the appearance of the number counting back up over and over again for consecutive character shard reveals. Shards are accounted for on my end, but can appear visually/audibly misleading to many others.

Oddly enough, I did have one pack with multiple Qui Gon shards that did have the expected amount of new shards afterwards too, but subsequent Qui Gon pulls did not.

It's a weird issue, that was the only time duplicate character shards was correct for me though. If somehow you only get 6 or 4 shards on pulls, than maybe this makes sense? I thought it was only 10 or 12 shards plus half for a full unlock you already have.

Is that actually incorrect? Jesse had mentioned in one example of only getting 6 shards by design. Unless the 6 shards is for half a full unlock, which I guess could make sense? Lol.
  • Options
    And I thought I should have been **** about getting half-gypped on $20 worth of purchases. That refund is a mortgage payment.
  • Options
    Ok. I think the explanation is what someone suggested above and we are not, in fact, getting hosed. The packs are "opened" before you click through them, and the first time it displays a character it shows you the total number of shards calculated from the last reveal. I just ran a test and will post the results below. But I actually think this may not be a display bug or an actual bug at all. I'd appreciate @EA_Jesse continuing to investigate, but for now, I'll apologize for kicking up a hornet's nest over something that might not be a flaw at all.

Here's my test results. Before buying an 8 pack I had 3/15 IG-86 shards. I actually got three IG-86 pulls in the 8pack (that kinda sucks, but I also got Old Ben, so yay!). The first one was for 12 shards and I saw the animation that now showed the total going to 29/15 shards. I subsequently pulled IG-86 as a character twice. Each time it was converted to 7 additional shards. Each time the animation showed the total going to 29/15 shards. When I checked IG-86 after opening the pack, lo and behold, he had 29/15 shards. And that's the correct amount. Here's the math:

3 (shards before opening) + 12 (shards for shard pull) + 7 (shards from character pull) + 7 (shards from character pull) = 29 total shards for IG-86.

I have screenshots of all of this, but I'm a complete **** when it comes to uploading that kind of stuff.

• Options
    brrrdt...do bear in mind it is not all the characters that are getting bugged.
  • Options
    Same thing just happened as I pulled two sets of Jedi Consular shards (12 each). Saw the same animation going up to 66/65 shards both times. I had 42 before opening the pack. 42 + 12 + 12 = 66. The animation is confusing, and I'm not saying it isn't a bug on some characters, but these two examples show it working properly.