Character shards from Chromium Packs are not awarded correctly.

Replies

• Options
    Duplicate Nightsister Acolytes opened- all shards accounted for correctly.
  • ResmiHardin
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So I was nervous and took a lot of screen shots ahead of time, plus a screen shot of each box.

I can confirm that the count is overall accurate, but not accurate during the opening

Note I start with 3 Teebo shards
    After the first box I have 27
    After the second box I have 27

http://imgur.com/sYUBZgt
    http://imgur.com/MpjpFnC
    http://imgur.com/jrjONJg
    http://imgur.com/PzSFe8y
  • Options

I would like to add that I not only experienced this bug, but I also had a problem of not receiving crystals after purchase. I went online to report bug to EA AND called their support line. They not only told me they wouldn't help me with a refund but they emailed me as well thanking me for calling and telling me they hope that I sort out my issue in the game! So my fellow gamers go through Google and ask for their form to report the issue and that EA is breaking Google's policy and procedures. Your Google Play representative will email you information and form and you can reply to them and send them EA's follow up email with case number. I want you all to know that like a lot of you in here I spend INSANE amounts of money in this app and I receive no help from EA at all! I hope I was able to help most of you with this issue. Merry Christmas

• Options
    just spent 500 bucks but forgot to screenshot Leia...i got her duplicate x 2. I had 420 initially cos i rem just yesterday i was telling my mates in Line about it. I ended up with 425.

Jesse u can run through my logs and check it out. On another pack i had her duplicate x5. Those 50 were all accounted for.

Bottomline is.. i received only 5 shards from supposedly 20 when i duplicate Leia twice on the same 8x bundle.

Hope this help.
  • Options
    Sent you a DM @SlyWalker
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    They acknowledge it, but do not compensate for it
  • Options
    Opened a couple more:

Pack 1:Opened shards for IG 88 and IG character- all shards accounted correctly (visual showed them all together on first shard reveal)

Pack 2: Opened Ahsoka Tano shards and her character- all shards accounted for correctly (visual showed them all together on first shard reveal)
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Opened a couple more:

Pack 1:Opened shards for IG 88 and IG character- all shards accounted correctly (visual showed them all together on first shard reveal)

Pack 2: Opened Ahsoka Tano shards and her character- all shards accounted for correctly (visual showed them all together on first shard reveal)
    Snyperino wrote: »
    Ok, I bought a 8x chromium bundle, just now. 3 of the 8 data packs were 10 shards packs of qui-gon. I took a screenshot of all my characters pre-purchase and the qui-gon shards are accounted for. I believe it is a visual bug that happens when you open the data pack the first time. The first time reveal of a character's shards will show you the total shards you are going to be awarded for that character in the ENTIRE bundle EVEN if you haven't opened the rest of the bundle, giving the appearance of the number counting back up over and over again for consecutive character shard reveals. Shards are accounted for on my end, but can appear visually/audibly misleading to many others.

Just because it is working now/ or you just aren't experiencing it does not mean everyone in this thread is imagining/lying about the actual issue
  • Options
    @JT38 - I have had the issue in the past- so now whenever I open packs I want to report exactly what happened - since yesterday, I have not had anymore issues
  • returnoftheewok
    469 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    They have time to fix the real problems like this.
    Post edited by Hillsop on
  • Options
    @JT38 - I have had the issue in the past- so now whenever I open packs I want to report exactly what happened - since yesterday, I have not had anymore issues

Ok I misinterpreted your post then. My apologies. I too have had no issue with the last 2 packs I have opened but up too that point 70-80% of the packs i opened credited me less shards than they should have.
  • Options
    Funny after reading this thread earlier today, I realized this happened to me multiple times doing the 8x chromium packs, but thought I was missing something in the duplication math. Turns out, no I was being ripped off by CG...again...on another game...shocking...so sorry... I DON'T screenshot everything you guys do when I'm making any kind of purchase from a CG store.

I guess I should learn if you commit fraud in HoDA you'll do it here too.

Anyone interested please feel free to look up CG's false advertising in Dragon Age Game of Heros concerning Dorian, Solas, and Vivianne, if you want to see how well CG treats their players on their other game.

As far as OP. I turned in a ticket. It happened to me earlier in the month, but I was very sick and confused. Using gaming for escapism.

Didn't expect to be ripped off again so soon, CG.

Wow. Thx for closing my earlier tickets and just sendind me to a forum to work it out with no explanation.

Should I consult an attorney before playing any CG game further?
  • Options
    I am doubtful that they are intentionally screwing over the player base. From the big company standpoint I could understand being hesitant about announcing to the world hey guys we're having this big issue and please don't give us money on our just released game so you don't get ripped off. I am choosing to operate under the assumption that if they can figure out what is causing this issue that they can then determine who should have gotten what and update things accordingly assuming they can track things like that?

we'll see how things pan out, not going to launch a nuclear missile at them yet as I just don't think its justified. If after all is said and done they handle it poorly then I can decide how to react but i'm gonna give them some breathing space and hope for the best.
  • Options
    This same thing has happened to me a handful of times and my bf as well. shards give 12 but when you receive 2 of the same character shards it counts the total that you have from the character page and does not apply the previously awarded shares. My night sister acolyte would have gone up a star. :(
  • BUGABOO
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Got this earlier from an 8pack. X2 10 shard packs of Leia and one dupe char of Leia for a total of 35 shards...is it normal to only get 15 shards from a dupe character? Seems really bad to get 10 shard packs and only 15 shards from a duplicate. Wonder about the tons shards I missed out on from the many 8 packs i've bought before :|fxtqmw.png
    Post edited by BUGABOO on
  • Options
    Nothing to see here. Move along. These are not the shards you are looking for.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I think it's very important to report that it is also working correctly (probably most of the time I would say). Because it shows you know the difference and could easily be dismissed as user error by the devs otherwise when the shards actually do go missing.

Its unfortunate that screenshots of every character before and after the bug occurs would be such a pain most wouldn't go to the trouble, but could be simplified for anyone opening chromium packs by just screenshotting the unactivated characters together, and any chromium only characters at one point rather than every time you open packs so you can keep track of shards and then screenshot duplicate pulls to make sure you catch a pic when the bug does occur.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Options
    Yeah it happened to me a few days ago when I managed to pull 2 Chewbacca Shards x10 from the 8 pack. And only got 10 instead of 20 shards...really guys......they keep saying that they're aware of this but.....just ugh it's exhausting tbh
  • Options
    I have also had this issue several times
  • Options
    Merry Xmas everyone. I will be buying 2 of the $99.99 crystal packs tomorrow. So I should have about 12 8xchromium card pack to open. I will be sharing them with my 7 year old who absolutely loves star wars. So do I need to take a "selfie"... ugh I hate that word... and yes I feel the g should be before the h. Should we not do this yet or go ahead and see what happens?
  • Options
    My opinion I would wait. Regardless what EA says that's it's a visual bug. I do not believe that. Over all as one example I pulled Qui-Gon so many times getting duplicates he should be at least a 5 star or more. He is only a 3 star. That is no visual bug.
  • Options
    How many shards are you supposed to receive? I received 10 Qui-Gon but 12 Eeth Knoth...is that correct?
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    I am getting the same problem. About 10'times now I have got multiple duplicate, triplicate or even quadruple awards that do nothing. This is theft. Mehta can we do about this??
  • Options
    yeah qui-gon is 10 shards per pull. every time I've gotten qui-gon that is. Ive missed out on a couple duplicates of qui-gon so I think he's one of the ones effected. I'm really thinking only CERTAIN characters are effected by this bug. Most likely just the ones that can ONLY be pulled from packs, but I could be incorrect in that particular assessment.
  • XtremeFodder
    68 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've spent money on shards (Christmas gift to self) to try and reproduce the bug but so far I'm not seeing it. I'm just doing it one by one reveal and so far no issues. Comparing screenshots, I've been rewarded what was displayed. Even on characters I have converted to shards showed correctly.

But I've only done 2x8 chromium packs. I'll do some more later and report back if I find the anomaly. And the method I used to reveal the shards.
  • Options
    Since yesterday, I haven't seen the issue at all. I had an 8 pack today with 2x Qui Gon 10 shards and it was correct afterwards (+20 added). Was there a fix recently maybe or did we all perhaps experience a mass delusion event of some sort?

I still see some folks still reporting it though which is troubling, this seems like the worst kind of problem to debug.

If you could give us specific advice or actions we should take to help you troubleshoot, that would be helpful.
  • Options
    I will continue to try and get more stuff i'm just going to pay more attention.
  • Options
    Personally, it feels like EA read this thread the whole time (aka playing the ostrich), worked in fixing most of it the duplicates issues, then replies to all of us asking what are the problems and if we can screenshot everything from our own inventory to each bundle pulls...

Then ask for proofs...

Seems like they fixed most of it since Tuesday.. I use full 4x crystals vaults pruchases.. 62800 crystals that went on 8x chromium pulls on Wednesday or Thursday I think.. All were fine.

My question to EA is the following.... What about before all the chromium pulls I/we did before this week?

When will that ever be compensated?

Like I mentioned on a previous post, if you don't/can't track everything down, just do a crystals ROLLBACK
  • Options
    I really think we got robbed and that they were reading this thread as it grew in size and fixed the problem. Saying that there was nothing wrong. I was one of the first post on this and noticed it right away. Filled out 3 tickets that were closed immediately with an auto response saying come to the forum. But I am still waiting to here from someone personally. I know what I saw and received.

As Obi-Won said.

These are not the droids (shards) you are looking for. Move along.
  • Options
    WOW i was shocked to see how many people are here to report the same problem, and it appears that am i not the only one who picked up on this issue. After spending another $150 I came to realize that this was not a visual glitch as the mods have stated. I sent in a support ticket to EA as well, but it appears that it will go on deaf ears i have also files a complaint with Google Play