Guess I’ll start the Greedo talks...

Prev134567
Greedo is confirmed as the April login toon.

BH rework?

OR

Triumvirate damage dealer being brought to the forefront?

Replies

• Options
    Where was that confirmed?
  • Options
    Sage020 wrote: »
    Where was that confirmed?

April event calendar was posted. Not sure if the link will work, but I’ll give it a shot!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/164526/event-calendar-apr#latest
  • Options
    Link worked, thanks!
  • Options
    I think it's probably a scoundrel rework. Many of the characters from the Solo movie will probably be scoundrels so they may be reworking the older ones.
  • Options
    Cauchar wrote: »
    I think it's probably a scoundrel rework. Many of the characters from the Solo movie will probably be scoundrels so they may be reworking the older ones.

I didn’t realize Solo came out so soon! An interesting point, to be sure.
  • Options
    I'm thinking, Bounty Hunter rework. Actually hoping more
  • Options
    April only has 30 days. Greedo is probably May.
  • Options
    Could this point to new bounty hunters/ scoundrels?
  • Options
    Perene wrote: »
    April only has 30 days. Greedo is probably May.

Except for he's the April toon.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    2 months in a row they give us arena store characters that most people already have at 7*

Would have preferred rose
  • Options
    2 months in a row they give us arena store characters that most people already have at 7*

Or Holdo, honestly. She looks beastly in the Triumvirate Raid. I haven’t tried Greedo in it yet, but looks like I may have to give him a shot.
  • Options
    If you read the post, you’d realize they are aware of the login toon, but they are not catering to people who have been playing long term. It’s for newer players. Most likely Greedo is needed for a Solo Story unlock toon.
  • Options
    It’s gotta be a BH/Scoundrel Rework. Given the upcoming solo movie in May, it makes too much sense for it not to be. Especially since they received a specialty buff in the new raid.
    My guess? One of the big aspects is that the thermal detonators cannot be resisted anymore.
  • Options
    Wonder if we could tag some of the devs and get a response...?
  • Options
    Wonder if we could tag some of the devs and get a response...?
    ....”DO IT!”
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Leviathan Hi! In an effort to continue building an excellent forum and back and forth between gamers and game designers, is there any way we might be able to garner even just a hint as to why Greedo was selected as the toon for April? Sorry for overtagging
  • Options
    He shot first
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    I certainly hope it's a Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel rework. The Bounty Hunters need it badly. Hard to take advantage of their Sith Raid bonus, or even beat their second mission in DSTB at a reasonable gear level, with how bad they currently are.
  • Options
    BH rework = NS rework 2.0
  • Options
    The blog explained enough for me. They picked a character that not everyone has. Probably not a game changer until the anticipated rework. I don’t even use him in the DS TB BH missions. Maybe his thermals can work in the Sith raid but how many of us really want to g12 5 toons for thermals?
  • Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    I certainly hope it's a Bounty Hunter or Scoundrel rework. The Bounty Hunters need it badly. Hard to take advantage of their Sith Raid bonus, or even beat their second mission in DSTB at a reasonable gear level, with how bad they currently are.

Not true. You can beat DSTB BH stages with boba g12, IG88 G9, and zam, cad, dengar g8. Pretty easy and don’t need arena mods. There’s a YouTube video
  • Options
    What if... This is gonna sound crazy but here me out... What if...
  • Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »

It's just a character to give away and there is nothing corresponding to or significant about that....?
  • Options

It's just a character to give away and there is nothing corresponding to or significant about that....?

There has been a precedence set that makes that very unlikely.
  • Options
    They said they were gonna give characters that long timers would actually benefit from and not toons with high ownership. Sooooo greedo?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'm kinda hyperventilating over here.....the thought of a BH rework is too much for me lol

nynk6la2elw3.gif
  • Rebel_yell
    928 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    They said they were gonna give characters that long timers would actually benefit from and not toons with high ownership. Sooooo greedo?

Not true. They said they have to balance a lot of factors and sometimes they can’t do a strong toon. Long term players simply need to stop looking at the daily login character as helping them advance any toon. You probably only need to star up recent marquee toons and they’re never going to put them there. Appreciate the rework and the zetas and move on.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

You might want to go back and reread the post, brohan. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options

They don't offer characters anymore that are new. Only characters that have been farmable for like a year+
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

From today's update blog post::
    And finally, the character dropped inside of a given month will not always be valuable to elder game players.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*