The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• What about adding an ultra pack for ship building materials just like what was added for credits?
  • Smygelfh wrote: »
    Are you adding support for uploading screenshots?

Oh god, I hope not! This game is one of the few places online where I can just relax and not be subjected to photographs of unkempt man-bits.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    What does TU12 client update mean?

She answered already but here it is one more time ! =D
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Sza_Bo wrote: »
    What is “TU12”?

And what does “PvE table” for ships mean?

Thanks!
    Others answered the first one, but these are good questions, so I'll quote for good measure. TU12 stands for Title Update 12. The title updates are the major game updates (sometimes called client updates) that require a new download from the app store.

PVE stands for "Player versus Enviroment" - in games if you are playing against a game-controlled character (or non-player character, called NPC) then you're fighting "the environment". The Light Side table, Dark Side table, Cantina table, Territory Battles, and Events are all PVE because you are fighting the game. Squad Arena, Fleet Arena, Territory Wars are all "PVP" or Player versus Player because you are fighting other people.

Thanks for asking!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I hope you are considering balancing the ship shards somehow, because if ships become more valuable and the huge descrpancy of activity in ship shards remains it could easily tip the scales enough to make multiple players in my ship shard just give up and quit the game.
  • Ryllo
    2 posts Member
    Hi, just wanting to know when CG, your going to enable those who started with the protection (less than 16 idr) to change their names and to "unlock" the chat, with the upcoming update I just wanted that fact to be clear.

Thanks,

Ryllo
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    With the ship mission table being added the question now is how long before we get a ship raid. Obviously we need more ships but that can't be to far off. So hoping for a Deathstar raid.
    Also I don't think Bossk will be legendary but could this mean the new Han might be acquired through a new legendary event?
  • Did I miss it, is there going to be a new form of energy with ship PvE battles?
  • Lol I banned mol Eliza’s from my guild for eternity
  • Dztn
    48 posts Member
    Will the Ability Materials Mega Pack return for the upcoming Legendary Event? Can it be added on a permanent basis?

That would be great, yes!
  • Ryllo
    2 posts Member
    Will all be able to change their names and chat?
  • With 5 Hans now they need to add a synergy rework called Army of One for each of them where if you have 5 Hans at the beginning of battle you get Ability X
  • Did I miss it, is there going to be a new form of energy with ship PvE battles?

Carrie announced on page 2 I believe that there will be an interview posted today with more information on ship PVE
  • Gavsta
    201 posts Member
    Sweet!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=xmegRzc3-SE
    from the interview it seems carrie said so. It starts at 12:45
  • Man, we had discussions on a "Bounty Board" type mechanic going way back.... glad it's being looked at. I know a few ideas had been passed around - but I'm down with just about anything that's new.

Glad BH is getting a look - while Bossk has been much requested I am surprised they didn't go with Embo when he was already in the game, LOL. What do I know though. But yeah, I almost feel like the BH work had to happen - we were just waiting on the "when" - the moment they were added to DS TB it was almost fated.

Ships getting a look is probably the bigger news - they've been out so long without ANYTHING new really being done with them. I feel the release 7* ships as a cop-out - and too early. Well - hopefully we get a few more ships to fill out factions...............

AND HONDO - we need space pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( @CG_Carrie ) just sayin... looking at BH.... ships... *shrugs* ya know...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I’m very excited about Ships PVE. I’ve been getting bored with this game @CG_Carrie and losing motivation to participate. This really helps, I have almost all ships seven starred but have not even played with most of them. Glad my time investment won’t be wasted . Now if we can add more chances for MK5 Stun Guns you’ll make all my dreams come true. Thanks
  • With 5 Hans now they need to add a synergy rework called Army of One for each of them where if you have 5 Hans at the beginning of battle you get Ability X

That actually sounds pretty cool! It would definitely have that fun factor!!
  • westenger wrote: »
    Did I miss it, is there going to be a new form of energy with ship PvE battles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=xmegRzc3-SE
    from the interview it seems carrie said so. It starts at 12:45

Aye thank you! Yeah caught it that time!
  • There's one holo spot that is all the way to the left of the Mod Store. Are you guys planning on adding something to this area?
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    So is mod management never happening? It has to be one of, if not the most requested QOL change and I’ve only seen it mentioned in passing by devs... and it was mostly just dismissed as “not now”.

[reposted from QA , that this is being addressed just not immediate release window]
    QUESTion: ly4oy4s] Any MOD management plans in the future?
    [CVG] We know that Mod Management is one of the hottest topics in the community (along with raid tickets which we fixed, and multi-bronzium purchase, which we have not). It's a much bigger solve than something we can do in a Quality of Life update, but know that it is top of mind. We are talking about what we need to do to improve the clarity of the system, make it easier to use, and make it more balanced across all the different mod types.

Yes that’s the non-answer answer that I saw before.

“We know you want mod management and have been asking for it since release, but ya know, it’s hard. We’re looking at solutions to look at while really thinking hard about thinking about maybe helping at some point, but not now”

Did I summarize it accurately?

"They've given me an answer I don't like, as the only answer I would accept is they confirm they are doing exactly what I want and when I want it, so thought I'd post something snarky in response to them taking the time to engage with me"

Did I summarise it accurately?
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Can we please have 4-Lom too before you move on to Solo? Just so we can have the lineup Lucas intended 38 years ago...

Zuckuss too he has been forgotten too
  • We need Porkins with his ability type 1 diabetes.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    There's one holo spot that is all the way to the left of the Mod Store. Are you guys planning on adding something to this area?

Probably the ship PvE table already mentioned.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    We need a Han faction now. There are as many of him as jawas now... :D

• Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    evoluza wrote: »
    Yeah no Grievous...

One faction at a time :) think a lot will be excited for Hunters of Bounty!!! - also the original QA did say that he would be part of a separatist package. It’s awesome your love for the hunter of Jedi though

Do you per chance have a hyperlink that we could drop in this thread for ease please.
  • Kodimus wrote: »
    I greatly appreciate you folks at CG giving some love to in-game chat, HOWEVER... I still think there is a huge loss of not tapping into the arena shard, region (language), and global chat features.

Most, if not all, guilds use either Line or Discord to chat with their guild mates or prospects, BUT there is a whole community out there (US) that is missing out on chatting with people, we don't know, in-game. That's a big part of the fun and community bonding! That ALSO opens up another avenue for the #GameChangers to interact with people, and promote the idea and their channel.

Please, i beg of you, please put real consideration into a meaningful update to in-game chat.

Global chat would be an absolute nightmare with hundreds of thousands (or millions) of players. Things would move so fast that it's unlikely anyone would actually get any value out of it.

Yes, exactly.
    My number one concern with chat and DM is being able to turn it off or block. I’ve had WAY too many nasty experiences on game chat to be very excited about this. If I have a way to shut down troublesome players, I’m fine.

Fair enough, I've experienced those as well and had a mute option.

Arena shard and region chat though, those would be great I think.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Love the fact that the Bounty Hunters are getting a rework, however, in Ahnaldt101's video interview, you made it a clear point to say Original Trilogy BH are getting reworks. Excluding Zam. Does that mean we can expect some prequel era BH? Jango Fett, Embo, and even BH Asajj would be incredible, and welcome additions to the game. :)
  • @CG_Carrie , to be clear, will there be another Chewbacca released, as well? It seems as if you’re suggesting there will be. Many thx! :smile:

SnakesOnAPlane