The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• LeakeJS
    1 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    We need Porkins with his ability type 1 diabetes.

It's funny because he's fat! LOL
  • Why not a lando Guard from return of the Jedi? That'd be sweet for a character. Or Porkins and c3po.

Porkins and C3PO both next April 1st, intentionally both released with no useful skills whatsoever :-)
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I predict a ship raid on death star with ot falcon as reward.
  • I find this game's lack of Porkins to be disturbing...
  • I’m loving what’s coming but I’d like to see what thing updated with the next major release: cantina energy! Since the introduction of mods and the additional set of nodes, cantina energy is just as important as regular energy. I really think it’s time that its refresh timer, refresh costs and bonus energy frequency should be equalized.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    Ships PvE would be great if it comes with a different energy pool to farm with. Darkside battles are almost completely stale for me now in terms of farming shards, and Light Side is getting close too, so a new table with decent gear and shards would inject a bit more life into PvE. Some good new LS ships would be a good addition as well.
    Unfortunate that the arena payout times and structure is considered WAI by the devs. Easily my least favorite part of the game because it's fixed to a certain time of day that's terribly inconvenient. If I could do a 1 time move from 6pm to 9pm that'd allow for a much more competitive time for me. Guess the devs don't have kids :( It's not competitive if players can't compete due to artificial restrictions that conflict with life. Those that are free at that time have a massive advantage over those of us that aren't, and it has nothing to do with our roster or strategy.
    Glad BHs are getting a look over, though IMO Fett and 88 are already great. Greedos problem is his gear requirements (otherwise he's pretty good under fett with a maxed potency BH squad). Therm dets are the real issue - make them dodgeable but unresistable, with some TM gain for all BHs if dispelled early and I think they'd be a dependable mechanic. Hopefully they also add some sort of healing ability along with Bossks tanking, maybe that's Contracts? And finally, too bad Cad isn't getting some work too, he'll still be in sitting on the bench.

I’m glad BH is finally getting something. They needed since they were required in ds tb. I second the timing issue. Alas it seems there are no plans to ever change it. At least it’s a hard line answer. Happy for all the peeps that have been asking for Bossk for a long while.
  • Ezrisdadsa wrote: »
    I’m loving what’s coming but I’d like to see what thing updated with the next major release: cantina energy! Since the introduction of mods and the additional set of nodes, cantina energy is just as important as regular energy. I really think it’s time that its refresh timer, refresh costs and bonus energy frequency should be equalized.

2nd this. farming vets and trying to farm mods for raids/arena is near impossible :(
  • Any word on Bounty Hunters Jango Fett, and montross.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Everything sounds great the communication in last month is awesome please keep it up .
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    The question you should all be asking now is what will the new Han and Chewie be needed for. Will the BH faction be needed for a new event, or is this new contracts feature going to be the extent of it?
    Sounds like a good question for the Q & A on Friday - hope to see you there!

So I did ask it... and I got basically zero response. I wouldn't have asked that question, or probably any, if you hadn't suggested I do so...

Bah!
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Just saying...
    TVF wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    The question you should all be asking now is what will the new Han and Chewie be needed for. Will the BH faction be needed for a new event, or is this new contracts feature going to be the extent of it?
    Sounds like a good question for the Q & A on Friday - hope to see you there!

If the BH are needed for a new event, I highly doubt they'll tell us tomorrow. Unless the new event isn't panic-farm worthy, of course.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I think that Porkins would be a perfect toon to add to bronziums. Only place you can get him. Just a fun toon to collect. Not meta or anywhere near as OP as CUP or Mob Enforcer, just somewhere in the middle.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I think that Porkins would be a perfect toon to add to bronziums. Only place you can get him. Just a fun toon to collect. Not meta or anywhere near as OP as CUP or Mob Enforcer, just somewhere in the middle.

Well, they did talk about some kind of bronzium improvement in one of the videos, so this may well be reality. Just probably not with Porkins, they specifically said in the Q&A that he's not coming. The game probably isn't robust enough to support him.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Just saying...

I dodn't disagree with you; my original remark was towards other players for them to reflect on.

But... shouldn't have been told to come ask it if they weren't gonna answer it.
  • Paladin033112
    312 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Any word on Bounty Hunters Jango Fett, and montross.

Just my opinion, but I think they will release Jango via Legendary at the very end of the BH rework, and he could also serve as a nice transition to a seperatist rework :) Though technically I don't think he himself was a seperatist, just hired by Dooku. But it would still be a good transition since a seperatist faction passes is also highly requested.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    shouldn't have been told to come ask it if they weren't gonna answer it.

I agree and that was my original point all along.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Vampire_X is a moderator, not a Dev, and wasn't answering questions. He/she doesn't control what questions get selected. I get the impression it was a suggestion - if you weren't here to ask it, the chance of getting it answered was much lower.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Vampire_X is a moderator, not a Dev, and wasn't answering questions. He/she doesn't control what questions get selected. I get the impression it was a suggestion - if you weren't here to ask it, the chance of getting it answered was much lower.

This. Vampire_X was just trying to help you get your question answered. It's not her fault if CG chose not to address the question during the Q&A. So for her trying to be helpful, you throw shade her way? Dude....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Please, please, please can we get Assaj Ventress either the Bounty Hunter tag or the Sith tag as part of this Bounty Hunter rework? Cement her place on her timeline as either the apprentice of Dooku or post Dooku shun and the Bounty Hunter she became.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. Vampire_X was just trying to help you get your question answered. It's not her fault if CG chose not to address the question during the Q&A. So for her trying to be helpful, you throw shade her way? Dude....

My point was that they were clearly never going to answer the question so it was kinda pointless for her to suggest asking it in the first place.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

My point was that they were clearly never going to answer the question so it was kinda pointless for her to suggest asking it in the first place.

Why were they clearly never going to answer? The original question was basically was there going to be new content for bounty hunters. Why wouldn't they tease new content? Even if they didn't give dates or specifics, they could very easily reveal that there will be a new event coming in the future.

At any rate, I wasn't calling you out - my comments were more specifically directed at the original person Vampire_X responded to.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Why not a lando Guard from return of the Jedi? That'd be sweet for a character. Or Porkins and c3po.

Porkins and C3PO both next April 1st, intentionally both released with no useful skills whatsoever :-)

"I can hold it!"

"I am fluent in more than 6 million forms of communication."
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    I guess the only question left to ask about the new solo is will a 7* millennium falcon be required? I knew I should of been farming her.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Roahn wrote: »
    I guess the only question left to ask about the new solo is will a 7* millennium falcon be required? I knew I should of been farming her.

The current Millenium Falcon is from the Ep7 timeframe (as evidenced by the name and the pilots), so won't have anything to do with the new Solo.

Now they might release a new Millenium Falcon to go with either the original Han Solo or the young Han Solo...but the chances of the current Falcon being required for young Solo are effectively 0.

You people want to make to make fun of Porkins but he is obviously is a highly skilled pilot or he wouldn't be on the team to attack the Death star. A true fan would know Porkins got into trouble simply because he always set his inertial compensaters to 0 and he couldn't feel how much trouble he was in and had not taken into account the gravity created by the Death star. You bunch of fat shamers.

You people want to make to make fun of Porkins but he is obviously is a highly skilled pilot or he wouldn't be on the team to attack the Death star. A true fan would know Porkins got into trouble simply because he always set his inertial compensaters to 0 and he couldn't feel how much trouble he was in and had not taken into account the gravity created by the Death star. You bunch of fat shamers.

Found the white knight fat guy that’s no fun at parties.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It's really a shame that they've let ships linger for so long. Those of us that invested in ships initially and got to the top of our shards and stayed there, are now feeling the effects of the devs dragging their feet on ships' content. Together with the recent "you'll always be able to attack the topmost opponent" and the practically flat playing field of ships means that Fleet Arena has basically turned into an RNG-fest. Once you've maxed your pilots and ships and found the meta ship squad there's really not much you can do other than hope RNG goes your way on defense or buy extra refreshes - and who has time for that? :/
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    It's really a shame that they've let ships linger for so long. Those of us that invested in ships initially and got to the top of our shards and stayed there, are now feeling the effects of the devs dragging their feet on ships' content. Together with the recent "you'll always be able to attack the topmost opponent" and the practically flat playing field of ships means that Fleet Arena has basically turned into an RNG-fest. Once you've maxed your pilots and ships and found the meta ship squad there's really not much you can do other than hope RNG goes your way on defense or buy extra refreshes - and who has time for that? :/

Ok apparently you didn't see that they are going to be adding more ships to the game along with a ships mission table. Also sometime later this year there may even be more ships being added when they work the separatists faction. I know it's been quite a while since they did anything for ships but that's going to change.
  • I noticed that there were several assault battle changes in the update today, and while I haven’t yet read through all of them, I noticed there weren’t any changes to secrets and shadows. I’m curious—are we ever going to get Sion and Marauder shards added as rewards?
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/