The Road Ahead: April 5, 2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If BH are required for a legendary event, it will require 5 any BH. I don't remember any legendary event that required a specific toon. Hero's Journey and legendary are different types of events.
    There will be 3 new toons: this Bossk guy, new Han and new Chewie. If one is legendary, it will require 5 any BH (or 5 scoundrels). Or maybe Han will be marquee, and we will need all 5 Hans for a Hero's Journey that will unlock Carbonite Han!

while true with bossk as the only tank, even in a legendary event he may be key.
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    @Nosferatu91 watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmegRzc3-SE where @CG_Carrie and @CG_TopHat said it wouldn't be this year and it's not yet on the radar.

Not correct, they said he is not on the radar yet, they didn't say it's not happening this year; since the Road Ahead is at least once a quarter, it could be confirmed in the next Road Ahead or the one after and still happen this year.
  • Dargth
    11 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    Hello Holotable Heroes,
    It’s been a busy start to 2018 here at Capital working on the Sith Triumvirate Raid and Quality of Life updates. In the context of both of those releases, we have identified some additional items we want to clarify both on the communication and quality of life front, as well as our mapping of the Road Ahead for what’s to come.

Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
    We are also going to be hosting a Live Q&A in our forums on Friday, April 6th 12PM PDT/7PM UTC. After our previous Q&A, we answered over 60 questions from the community, and have posted those responses in the forums here.
    We are also partnering with our Game Changer and Beta groups to ensure we are maximizing those programs. If you are interested in joining either program, we will be providing information on how to do that in our forums.
    Quality of Life Ongoing Changes
    Every client update (major game updates that require a new download from your respective mobile app store), we set aside a certain portion of time to devote to quality of life changes and bug fixes. This past February, we released our Quality of Life client update, but we have been making QoL changes throughout the past month. Specifically, in response to recent community sentiment, we have made changes to the upper limit of Territory War requirements, a change to refreshing arena opponents, and added some additional features to our upcoming TU12 client update, intended to launch inside of this quarter.

wc40un7shk6b.png
    Upcoming Content
    In anticipation of the upcoming movie, Solo: A Star Wars Story, we are revisiting the Bounty Hunter faction this month inside the game. The Bounty Hunters are getting a new mechanic called “Contracts” and the interplay between the different Contracts and different makeup of the Bounty Hunter squads are going to revitalize their gameplay inside of Galaxy of Heroes. Alongside the rework of some of the existing characters, we will also be introducing the Trandoshan Bossk. One of the most feared Bounty Hunters in the galaxy, Bossk uses his natural Trandoshan hunting instincts to hunt down and capture his targets.
    After the Bounty Hunters, we are going to be in full on “Solo” mode. We will start by releasing… you guessed it, another Han Solo (we’ve seen the memes), and pairing him with the movie’s Chewbacca – as the first of a number of characters from the upcoming movie.

9y8qcvln30oc.jpg
    Upcoming Features
    One of the biggest areas for improvement in Galaxy of Heroes is our social mechanics. From the literal social features to actual social interplay between players, we acknowledge that there’s room to grow. Our upcoming TU12 update plans to attack some of these head on. And while not all of the features are aimed at the elder playerbase, we believe that the value provided by having a fresh influx of new players in game will open up new opportunities for recruiting and competition in a way that you haven’t seen before.
    One of the biggest features is the improvement to the in-game chat functionality. Chat, at the moment, operates like a bulletin board inside of a single guild. While it was our intention to make every member of the guild valuable with the addition of Territory Battles and Territory Wars, there’s a downside to that value, which is that new friends and new accounts, until they’re Territory-ready, can feel isolated from the rest of the game. It also makes it hard to find the person or conversation that you most want to have without resorting to a third-party service.
    Our additions to chat will enable creating sub-rooms inside of your guild chat to split out the people talking about specific strategies or having officer-only chats inside the game. They will also allow direct messaging between two players, so people who want to be considered for a top guild can provide more information about why they should be included, and officers can communicate positions on the waiting list. Additionally, we will be adding a chat channel that extends to 500 players that exist either in the guild or the ally list of anyone invited. The idea is that while you may spend a lot of time strategizing with your guild, there are people in partner guilds or friends lists that would benefit from the availability of rooms like these.
    And with new things to do, come new rewards. Inside of the chat system, we will be introducing the first player vanity item, which will be player set titles. Titles will be visible inside of chat and other social spaces where your guild is usually shown, and you can choose to keep your guild affiliation or choose from a number of unlockable titles to show off inside the game.
    And Ships…
    We have been working for some time now to revitalize ship content (i.e. introducing a PVE table) and to make some significant changes to the way that ship combat works. Our aim is to speed up that gameplay, make it a lot more dynamic, and get you more bang for your buck with ships. Much more to come on that!
    As always, we’ll see you on the holotables,
    -Carrie Gouskos
    Senior Producer

<< DEV Post>>

In chat, why won't you all add it so that way we can look for new people in game that are not in a guild or clan, like a channel that people who sent in a guild and leaders from clans and a recruiter position which could be added to help recruit new people.. make this game easier for new people and help guilds grow faster and larger.. why is this a problem, do you all not want this game to grow ???I am so confused.....
  • Did you actually watch Empire? In what way is Bossk one of the most feared bounty hunters? His only line in the movie was “hiss snap click click hiss” aimed at Admiral Piett. He then went boom on Jabba’s barge like every other “feared” bounty hunter because Jedi Luke reasons.

I am glad he’s joining the game, finally. But 4-L0M and Zuckass also belong for the malevolent six line up. Ragady Andy should try to join as well.
  • @CG_Carrie I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the vastly improved communication over the past couple of weeks. I have a much better sense of the intentions the devs have for the game. I might not agree with everything, but I appreciate the care you're taking to respond thoughtfully. It's much appreciated. I'm also super excited for the upcoming Bounty Hunter reworks! Can't wait to try out Bossk!

To you and the CG Team, keep up the great work.
  • Blade
    24 posts Member
    Is this a typo: 'It’s been a busy start to 2018 here at Capital working on the Sith Triumvirate Raid', I can't see any other mention about the Sith Raids?
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    KKatarn wrote: »
    We need a Han faction now. There are as many of him as jawas now... :D

Will have more Solos than Tusken and Geno
  • Did it say that there will be a chat where you can invite up to 500 people. Is that going to put arena shard chats into the game?
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    And Ships…
    We have been working for some time now to revitalize ship content (i.e. introducing a PVE table) and to make some significant changes to the way that ship combat works.

funnhan.jpg

WAHHH!!
    Sounds like a ship nerf^^ ... good bye top3 in fleetarena^^
  • That's one way to interpret it, It does appear there will be quite the update to chat,
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member

If BH are required for a legendary event, it will require 5 any BH. I don't remember any legendary event that required a specific toon. Hero's Journey and legendary are different types of events.
    There will be 3 new toons: this Bossk guy, new Han and new Chewie. If one is legendary, it will require 5 any BH (or 5 scoundrels). Or maybe Han will be marquee, and we will need all 5 Hans for a Hero's Journey that will unlock Carbonite Han!

Ehhhrrr.... Luke, Rey!
  • So in the last "The Road Ahead", CG_Carrie talks about this "TU12"... i kept looking, used the search function, but could not find what it means... maybe im just dumb, but could someone please point it out to me, or explain it like im 5 years old lol....

Thank you in advance everyone :)
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Title update. It's just the game update that happens from time to time, thru a play store update or a push
  • bla bla bla, so we need other solutions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf9fFUmMtbI&amp;feature=share
    I am german, therefore my english is not the best.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »

Ehhhrrr.... Luke, Rey!

Luke and Rey are Hero's Journey, not legendary events. I very much doubt that Bossk deserves a Hero's (or Villain's) Journey. And new Han or new Chewie are unlikely to have one, because first we would need 5 other toons from that movie. So the most probable options are marquee and legendary.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Ehhhrrr.... Luke, Rey!

Luke and Rey are Hero's Journey, not legendary events. I very much doubt that Bossk deserves a Hero's (or Villain's) Journey. And new Han or new Chewie are unlikely to have one, because first we would need 5 other toons from that movie. So the most probable options are marquee and legendary.

Ah, ok.
  • Brock
    33 posts Member
    With all the frustration this game can cause. E.G. Gear 12 Titan team once ranked #11 now falling to the 120's. An overly difficult Sith Raid that took my guild 7 days to finish T5. Talk of 6 dot mods in the future when I can't get enough fast 5 dot mods. I want to thank CG_Carrie and CG_Tophat for doing the interviews and having them available on youtube. Being able to hear from them about the vision and future plans for the game goes along way in the community. Giving the community some information about the game helps to build trust and a sense that you guys are listening to your player base. Hopefully the game is developed in a way that the players are not left behind with the many new changes that have recently taken place and to the future changes as well. Thanks Devs :)
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Dralkyr wrote: »
    My biggest question is "what energy will be used for Ships PVE?" Will we have to manage a scarce resource across more area (more demand on a limited supply), or will we have a special Ships PVE energy? I'm really hoping the latter, since otherwise it would mess with current farming.
    We have another interview coming today with dbofficial125 - keep an eye open for that pop up as he has more info on the Ship stuff.

Did I miss this popup? Super interested in the Ship info.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    My biggest question is "what energy will be used for Ships PVE?" Will we have to manage a scarce resource across more area (more demand on a limited supply), or will we have a special Ships PVE energy? I'm really hoping the latter, since otherwise it would mess with current farming.
    We have another interview coming today with dbofficial125 - keep an eye open for that pop up as he has more info on the Ship stuff.

https://youtu.be/xmegRzc3-SE

I believe that is the interview
  • Jeric wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

I believe that is the interview

Thank you!
  • Been wanting more ship content for ages, so yay for that...The last thing I want is to chat to MORE people. I don't even want to chat to the ones I can now! I wish this game had stayed a SOLO one.
  • It amazes me that ea dev team is blatantly clueless when discussing this game or probably not. You continue to add content and do nothing to address the ridiculous ability to buy you way to a good team. I have spent a significant amount of money on this game yet feel completely betrayed by every update and addition to this game. I can’t imagine the individuals that are elite and the sheer amount of money it would take to be at that level. These are the real issues yet are never discussed. You say you want feedback yet
    Never really address the core issue and what will ultimately be your downfall and that is without capping these amounts and how quickly someone can pay to get to the top people will continue to leave. I’m very close to this myself and so is most of my guild and with other games on the market that are similar you will continue to lose people. I doubt this will make any difference or even be read which in and of itself speaks volumes about ea and the dev team. It’s just sad and tragic. This game used to be enjoyable
  • Leave ship combat alone. It's the only enjoyable part of the game.
  • Jedi Hunters are pointless since Jedi are the weakest cards in this game.
  • CarterH
    57 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie , with the bounty hunter rework, will some bounty hunter/scoundrel ships come in?
  • I just watched the video related to the post. Excellent interview with CG.
    I hope we get a new Falcon along with the crew but not three places to farm them.
    The interview discussion on contracts caused it to peak my interest.
    I was hoping for more discussion on the fleet changes. It is pretty stale right now, with the only change at my level is looking to see if an opponent has zeta’ed a pilot to raise their GP.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Ships PvE would be great if it comes with a different energy pool to farm with. Darkside battles are almost completely stale for me now in terms of farming shards, and Light Side is getting close too, so a new table with decent gear and shards would inject a bit more life into PvE. Some good new LS ships would be a good addition as well.
    Unfortunate that the arena payout times and structure is considered WAI by the devs. Easily my least favorite part of the game because it's fixed to a certain time of day that's terribly inconvenient. If I could do a 1 time move from 6pm to 9pm that'd allow for a much more competitive time for me. Guess the devs don't have kids :( It's not competitive if players can't compete due to artificial restrictions that conflict with life. Those that are free at that time have a massive advantage over those of us that aren't, and it has nothing to do with our roster or strategy.
    Glad BHs are getting a look over, though IMO Fett and 88 are already great. Greedos problem is his gear requirements (otherwise he's pretty good under fett with a maxed potency BH squad). Therm dets are the real issue - make them dodgeable but unresistable, with some TM gain for all BHs if dispelled early and I think they'd be a dependable mechanic. Hopefully they also add some sort of healing ability along with Bossks tanking, maybe that's Contracts? And finally, too bad Cad isn't getting some work too, he'll still be in sitting on the bench.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • dsteve wrote: »
    Bossk legendary? We're all SW fans but I wonder how many people went "who??" and how many went "isn't that the gorn from Star Trek?".

If you dont know who Bossk is, you shouldnt call yourself a SW fan..

Bossk is good pick, although there is plenty more. I hope itll be like the sith month, getting not 1 but 3 new chars.
  • Why not a lando Guard from return of the Jedi? That'd be sweet for a character. Or Porkins and c3po.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Hope they update old Lando too. He is good at crownd control but could always get better. ;)