Replies

• GrandMasterial
    9 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Not yet.
    At least not in next several months.
    Post edited by GrandMasterial on
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    I predict a ship raid on death star with ot falcon as reward.

Sounds fun

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Nema
    136 posts Member
    Hahahaha hahahaha I wouldnt expect it this year
  • So resistance is not allowed to fight separatists because that “makes no canonical sense”, yet secrets and shadows is Phoenix and Nightsisters fighting 4000 year old Sith Lords. That makes absolutely no sense at all.
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    Hope they fix ship's game play before they add more ships. As it stands now AI can't play defense worth a #%{* and reserve ships are useless unless played by a human. Teams with a strong starting 5 and a weak reserve can take out teams stacked from top to bottom played by a computer on defense.

yes they have already announced to change the gameplay... it will be for sure a ship nerf... i guess all pilots in the actual meta will do in future only 10% damage, all other ships outside the meta will loose their specials and protection, and all ships that aren´t used now have to be maxed also their pilots before you are allowed to play in the arena^^
    and if 1/100 of all players are gaming in arena, than there will be a reward-nerf for shiparena released
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Roahn wrote: »
    kalidor wrote: »
    It's really a shame that they've let ships linger for so long. Those of us that invested in ships initially and got to the top of our shards and stayed there, are now feeling the effects of the devs dragging their feet on ships' content. Together with the recent "you'll always be able to attack the topmost opponent" and the practically flat playing field of ships means that Fleet Arena has basically turned into an RNG-fest. Once you've maxed your pilots and ships and found the meta ship squad there's really not much you can do other than hope RNG goes your way on defense or buy extra refreshes - and who has time for that? :/

Ok apparently you didn't see that they are going to be adding more ships to the game along with a ships mission table. Also sometime later this year there may even be more ships being added when they work the separatists faction. I know it's been quite a while since they did anything for ships but that's going to change.

I did, which is why I posted this. They should have done this ages ago, continually updating ships to keep Fleet Arena fresh. They didn't. Now everyone has an almost identical fleet layout with very little variety, and everyone will get these new ships on the same footing. Which is unfortunate, because any advantage players that invested in Fleet is pretty much gone now. Too little, too late.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    They'll likely release a bunch of ships at once, maybe including "legendary" ships similar to the toons.

They did this for toon aspect of the game and left players confused on what to farm, which in-turn created diversity in the arenas - no reason they wont do the same here for ships. In fact this is needed to pull ships into being an enjoyable aspect of the game going forward.

This may go hand in hand with certain faction updates, such as Separatist, FO, Jedi/Republic and Resistance.

It would also be nice to see some Sith fleets/Ships too.

Personally, I cant wait. This has been a long time coming. So far ships have been necessary to farm zetas, which only benefits toon play - and they (ships) now need a higher purpose of their own.
  • Boo wrote: »
    They'll likely release a bunch of ships at once, maybe including "legendary" ships similar to the toons.

They did this for toon aspect of the game and left players confused on what to farm, which in-turn created diversity in the arenas - no reason they wont do the same here for ships. In fact this is needed to pull ships into being an enjoyable aspect of the game going forward.

This may go hand in hand with certain faction updates, such as Separatist, FO, Jedi/Republic and Resistance.

It would also be nice to see some Sith fleets/Ships too.

Personally, I cant wait. This has been a long time coming. So far ships have been necessary to farm zetas, which only benefits toon play - and they (ships) now need a higher purpose of their own.

Remember when Kozi said that ships are on the back burner because of TBs. was it just the Thrawn cap ship?
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    WHEEENNNNNN will the bounty hunter and bossk update come?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    After the admittedly contentious rollout of the STR, I can imagine that many players have now taken a more suspicious and measured approach to the changes to ships. It's a shame, because instead of hype, the development team is facing trepidation from the players. That never translates well in a micro transaction funded game.
  • Thanks for revamping the Assault Battles. I look forward to the greater challenge in the bonus super hard tier. Thanks
  • I think what's been bothering me most about the last few communications from the devs is how often they go on about their intentions...

There's an old saying about a certain road to a certain place and what it's paved with...

I sincerely hope that's not the case here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Aethrwolf wrote: »
    I think what's been bothering me most about the last few communications from the devs is how often they go on about their intentions...

There's an old saying about a certain road to a certain place and what it's paved with...

I sincerely hope that's not the case here.

If they start saying things like "This is going to hurt us more than it hurts you..." or "I'll give you something to cry about!" I'm out.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rybodean
    24 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Thanks so much for the update cg-carrie! And thanks to cg for what seems like a lot of hard work to keep the players happy. Can’t please everyone of course. But coming from being a huge destiny fan and how bungie have so blatantly shown they don’t give two shakes about their players, it’s cool to see devs doing what they can
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • The Road Ahead looks ... bumpy.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Well when your idea of improved communication is lying to everyone and then telling them they aren't smart enough to realize the rewards are better, I would expect a very bumpy road.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Perro wrote: »
    Whatever happened to getting the BH rework, Bossk, Ships rework. This was put out what 14 days ago and then went silent? @CG_Carrie is this something that is coming soon (i hate using soon!) can we expect this in April or is it going to be the same time as everyone freaks out about having to get the new Han and Chewy? A gap in between Bossk and the new characters would actually be nice.

As she said, the uptick in communication may lead to longer stretches between "information" being released and events and things of that nature. In accordance with the release cadence they have said they will release new event information about a week before the event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Whatever happened to getting the BH rework, Bossk, Ships rework. This was put out what 14 days ago and then went silent? @CG_Carrie is this something that is coming soon (i hate using soon!) can we expect this in April or is it going to be the same time as everyone freaks out about having to get the new Han and Chewy? A gap in between Bossk and the new characters would actually be nice.

As she said, the uptick in communication may lead to longer stretches between "information" being released and events and things of that nature. In accordance with the release cadence they have said they will release new event information about a week before the event.

While you are correct saying they will release info about a week before the event. That is why I am asking about the BH rework and Bossk. Since it was stated that it is this month and there are 7 working days between now any May that is why I asked. during this the road ahead it was specifically stated "in anticipation of the upcoming movie, Solo: A Star Wars Story, we are revisiting the Bounty Hunter faction this month inside the game." That is why simply asked the question. No need to start a mod/player word battle. I was asking a simple question and that is all.

Thanks

I was just simply stating facts, not everyone is fully aware of all the details. There was a lot of information put out all at once.
  • oh come on!!! not another Han...I mean it's expected and all but I was hoping you'd skip it, there are better choices to work on, but I like this Bounty Hunters thing
  • DashRendar
    379 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I was so jazzed to possibly hear some info on the BH rework and Bossk today; now that it is nearing COB with no information I'm beginning to fear I may have to wait until next week! This might just ruin my weekend. Totally bummed Bros. Guess I'll just have to get tuned up instead and or be "social." Thanks allot CG. #allwaitandnoinfomakesdashasadboy #sundayscaries #bummedAF
  • We're still short one Chewbacca
  • Just to recap-

Sith raid rewards were rolled back but are still going to be fixed.

BH- reworks are coming(end of April?) with Bossk being introduced. Contracts will be added for BH. (I’m guessing this is more for PVE)

Chat is getting a major face lift.

Ships are entering into 2.0

Mid-Late May toons from Solo movie - a 5th Han, Solo movie Chewie.

Speculation - Young Lando.

Sorry if I missed it before but does that mean TLJ toons are done?
  • Another Han means you’ll have a full squad, it’ll bring a whole new meaning to doing a solo
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I really hate the Ship changes.
    Would be great to have less transparency with it, like actually being told what changes are happening instead of just "Shipwide changes". So we have no idea atm what to invest in or what ships we currently have will become useless.

When in reality, the only ship change the game needed, was for crystals to be added to top100 instead of just top20, they didn't need to cater to people who didn't want to put effort into ships by making it more casual.

For example: Mace Windu's capital ship, is it now scrap noob tier because he required five being out to get his extra turns? Will Mace Windu's capital ship, which was already not exactly that strong, become a massive trap?
  • Gorem wrote: »
    I really hate the Ship changes.
    Would be great to have less transparency with it, like actually being told what changes are happening instead of just "Shipwide changes". So we have no idea atm what to invest in or what ships we currently have will become useless.

When in reality, the only ship change the game needed, was for crystals to be added to top100 instead of just top20, they didn't need to cater to people who didn't want to put effort into ships by making it more casual.

For example: Mace Windu's capital ship, is it now scrap noob tier because he required five being out to get his extra turns? Will Mace Windu's capital ship, which was already not exactly that strong, become a massive trap?

I think kyno was talking about the mace ship in another post... I think it will adjust.. we just have to wait and see.
    But to your point - purple for all places just like in arena. And more ships and pilots. Theres no more gw/arena/cantina Store toons- this would’ve been a great way to add only pilots and ships.
    Make ships with different abilities(ignore taunt, etc)
    If they didn’t just leave ships in a corner they wouldn’t of had to do all this.
  • please can we get info to that shipnerf here in this forum? nobody wants to listen to your youtube videos, your interviews are boring and it is awful to hear everytime how wonderful or good your changes will be. we all know it won´t, so please an objective information is everything we need^^
  • If your like me and are into this game, you want to have amazing toons. So CG add more toons, which is awesome, but the more they add in Cantina Battles, the further and further my mods farming gets.
    Yeah I can waste my limited funds and try to get some from the mod shop, but then my toon growth is stunned. As in I cant level then up and buy/roll mods. One has to give,
    Alternatives is for me to spend hours changing mods from my arena team to other teams for raids and such.
    Trouble is Im lazy and cbf changing my mods all the time.
    Another alternative is to have mod farming with its own energy separate to cantina energy. This would allow for mod farm to atleast keep up with toon growth.
    What say you? Do you agree?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote:
    Hello Holotable Heroes,
    It’s been a busy start to 2018 here at Capital working on the Sith Triumvirate Raid and Quality of Life updates. In the context of both of those releases, we have identified some additional items we want to clarify both on the communication and quality of life front, as well as our mapping of the Road Ahead for what’s to come.

Communication Moving Forward
    One of the widest communications that we put out (outside of the in-game newsletters) is the Road Ahead blog (like this one), which will almost always fall in the first couple of weeks of a quarter (every three months) and will be posted to both our website and forums. We will add additional Road Aheads as needed, but the idea is that they map out the next few months in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
    We are also going to be hosting a Live Q&A in our forums on Friday, April 6th 12PM PDT/7PM UTC. After our previous Q&A, we answered over 60 questions from the community, and have posted those responses in the forums here.
    We are also partnering with our Game Changer and Beta groups to ensure we are maximizing those programs. If you are interested in joining either program, we will be providing information on how to do that in our forums.
    Quality of Life Ongoing Changes
    Every client update (major game updates that require a new download from your respective mobile app store), we set aside a certain portion of time to devote to quality of life changes and bug fixes. This past February, we released our Quality of Life client update, but we have been making QoL changes throughout the past month. Specifically, in response to recent community sentiment, we have made changes to the upper limit of Territory War requirements, a change to refreshing arena opponents, and added some additional features to our upcoming TU12 client update, intended to launch inside of this quarter.

wc40un7shk6b.png
    Upcoming Content
    In anticipation of the upcoming movie, Solo: A Star Wars Story, we are revisiting the Bounty Hunter faction this month inside the game. The Bounty Hunters are getting a new mechanic called “Contracts” and the interplay between the different Contracts and different makeup of the Bounty Hunter squads are going to revitalize their gameplay inside of Galaxy of Heroes. Alongside the rework of some of the existing characters, we will also be introducing the Trandoshan Bossk. One of the most feared Bounty Hunters in the galaxy, Bossk uses his natural Trandoshan hunting instincts to hunt down and capture his targets.
    After the Bounty Hunters, we are going to be in full on “Solo” mode. We will start by releasing… you guessed it, another Han Solo (we’ve seen the memes), and pairing him with the movie’s Chewbacca – as the first of a number of characters from the upcoming movie.

9y8qcvln30oc.jpg
    Upcoming Features
    One of the biggest areas for improvement in Galaxy of Heroes is our social mechanics. From the literal social features to actual social interplay between players, we acknowledge that there’s room to grow. Our upcoming TU12 update plans to attack some of these head on. And while not all of the features are aimed at the elder playerbase, we believe that the value provided by having a fresh influx of new players in game will open up new opportunities for recruiting and competition in a way that you haven’t seen before.
    One of the biggest features is the improvement to the in-game chat functionality. Chat, at the moment, operates like a bulletin board inside of a single guild. While it was our intention to make every member of the guild valuable with the addition of Territory Battles and Territory Wars, there’s a downside to that value, which is that new friends and new accounts, until they’re Territory-ready, can feel isolated from the rest of the game. It also makes it hard to find the person or conversation that you most want to have without resorting to a third-party service.
    Our additions to chat will enable creating sub-rooms inside of your guild chat to split out the people talking about specific strategies or having officer-only chats inside the game. They will also allow direct messaging between two players, so people who want to be considered for a top guild can provide more information about why they should be included, and officers can communicate positions on the waiting list. Additionally, we will be adding a chat channel that extends to 500 players that exist either in the guild or the ally list of anyone invited. The idea is that while you may spend a lot of time strategizing with your guild, there are people in partner guilds or friends lists that would benefit from the availability of rooms like these.
    And with new things to do, come new rewards. Inside of the chat system, we will be introducing the first player vanity item, which will be player set titles. Titles will be visible inside of chat and other social spaces where your guild is usually shown, and you can choose to keep your guild affiliation or choose from a number of unlockable titles to show off inside the game.
    And Ships…
    We have been working for some time now to revitalize ship content (i.e. introducing a PVE table) and to make some significant changes to the way that ship combat works. Our aim is to speed up that gameplay, make it a lot more dynamic, and get you more bang for your buck with ships. Much more to come on that!
    As always, we’ll see you on the holotables,
    -Carrie Gouskos
    Senior Producer

<< DEV Post>>

Awesome