Sith Raid Reward Rollback - 4/17/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• To everyone complaining about the terrible Tiers 1-6 rewards, i advise you to reread the original post, specifically the following sentence:

We will be revisiting reward changes in May along with Gear XII 5/6 so that we can more effectively balance rewards and progression for the entire player base, but in the meanwhile, we have decided to completely roll back all the changes to the way they were prior to the update on 4/11/18.

Your complaints are pointless, they already stated they're revisiting the rewards for the entire player base. A little patience, hold tight your judgment until the revised rewards are released shortly.
  • This is pretty funny. Basically the first iteration was crap so CG decided to make it worse. Of course everyone complained about how crap the changes are so CG goes back to the original to palm them off as an improvement. Classic.
  • So this update notes just released mentions nuthin but the gear rollback. No other content
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Well yeah. Dunno where people got the idea it would be otherwise.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Well yeah. Dunno where people got the idea it would be otherwise.

From CG_Carrie:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166824/sith-raid-reward-rollback-4-17-18/
    This change will take effect after tomorrow’s Content Update

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This is content.

Not much content, but still content.

Regardless you're just parsing words. CG clearly doesn't always use words the way normal people use words.

Like "soon."
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie
    So what is going on with this update?
    Many were expecting based on your message
    lDwAf3G.png

a content update as defined here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/123353/game-update-index#latest
    CONTENT UPDATE
    These are the game updates you know and love! This will include the usual fare:
    Bug fixes, Packs, Bundles, Shop rotations, Events, Characters, etc
    Example: Content Update mm/dd/yyyy

However it looks like we are only getting a Hot Fix

If that was all we were supposed to get could you in the future please use the appropriate language so as not to get hopes up?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Since Kozi moved on to a different position, her definitions and notes seem to have fallen by the wayside, at least in some cases.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Since Kozi moved on to a different position, her definitions and notes seem to have fallen by the wayside, at least in some cases.
    That may be true however they are still using those naming conventions in the update notes. I don't think it is a lot to ask that if CG is speaking about a Hot Fix to call it a Hot fix and not a content update. Helps keep expectations where they should be.
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    That may be true however they are still using those naming conventions in the update notes. I don't think it is a lot to ask that if CG is speaking about a Hot Fix to call it a Hot fix and not a content update. Helps keep expectations where they should be.

I agree. The use of "Content Update" instead of "Hot Fix" lead to expectations we were getting the Bounty Hunter rework or Bossk or something.
  • When is this update?

My guild is just waiting in this to complete the raid lol
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Strubz wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

I agree. The use of "Content Update" instead of "Hot Fix" lead to expectations we were getting the Bounty Hunter rework or Bossk or something.

Kinda what I was hoping....
    sy6cp1hm9r0f.gif
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Why only lvl 85 and above?????!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!. We all bust our tails to perform in the raid.
    ****So a "0" damage lvl 85 will get 2 pieces of fully crafted gear but myself at lvl 83 putting in good points get nothing!!!!!
    You guys need to throw us a bone here.

Totally not fair @CG_carrie
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    Here's how you remove challenge gear:

Check out the repo.
    Find the file in your repo that has the table of rewards.
    Delete the rows that contain challenge gear.
    Commit.
    Push.

While you're at it, remove them from the other raids too.

If rewards aren't in an easily edited table or config file, I have serious concerns about your dev team.

I have no idea how their coding works. Some stuff takes years to fix, other stuff takes hours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    G20 wrote: »
    Why only lvl 85 and above?????!!!!!!!!??????!!!!!. We all bust our tails to perform in the raid.
    ****So a "0" damage lvl 85 will get 2 pieces of fully crafted gear but myself at lvl 83 putting in good points get nothing!!!!!
    You guys need to throw us a bone here.

Totally not fair @CG_carrie

Wait you must.
    Note: Some sub-85 people who completed the Heroic Tier will be granted these rewards through a server fix in a week, it’s just a technical limitation that we can’t provide it at the same time.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Unless s/he's not doing heroic...
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Unless s/he's not doing heroic...

3e5ca72cfb993a2cd15f31c3b53313e487dc5dd0b87253d49bca0ca1018d7212.jpg
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    QJinX wrote: »
    Great, now can we fix the fact that it isnt fun?

A game about Star Wars should not feel like we are clocking into our jobs.

So ridiculous.

But really. This is the real problem.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    gufu21 wrote: »
    QJinX wrote: »
    Great, now can we fix the fact that it isnt fun?

A game about Star Wars should not feel like we are clocking into our jobs.

So ridiculous.

But really. This is the real problem.

Since day one. People push through because of Traya, but I rarely see anyone express how much they like the raid, find it exciting etc. It really is boring and tedious.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I like the raid.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I like the raid.

Yep - now that we have a better understanding of how it works, what teams work against which villains, etc., it's pretty enjoyable. It is humbling to run a g12 team and have them do only a few hundred thousand damage - but obviously, the challenge and difficulty is part of the point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I mean, I'm trying to figure out if Tusken Shaman would work well under zader...how is that not fun?!?!?
  • JACE13
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Lol the worst g12 pieces you can get!!! Thanks for nothing and screwing the guilds that can actually beat this terrible rushed raid.
  • LukeP16
    11 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    @CG_Carrie Will people under level 85 get the two full pieces of gear? If not it's not fair. the reward changes were promised for all tiers of the raid so(everyone has been effected) why is it that only level 85s (or under 85s if they complete the heroic tier) are getting the "compensation" or will everyone once they reach level 85.
  • 2 full g12 pieces?

I got the gold balls which are not g12....more lies....they can't not lie at this point.
  • Yay, We got free stuff so lets go complain on the forums!

Seriously, some people....

but i do agree with you that they are completely dense on how NEGATIVE the feedback over the raid is and they refuse to admit that they handled an awesome concept BEYOND poorly.
  • We’ve been doing T4. Today I finished 1st got a fully crafted stun gun. Other useful gear, guild events and guild tokens. Hopefully they figure it out and find a way to make everyone happy cuz this is unfortunate haha.
  • And now it’s back to being a complete waste of time. At least the guild event currency made T4 bearable and sped up my wampa farm. Now it’s back to garbage.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    JKRevan wrote: »
    Yay, We got free stuff so lets go complain on the forums!

Seriously, some people....

but i do agree with you that they are completely dense on how NEGATIVE the feedback over the raid is and they refuse to admit that they handled an awesome concept BEYOND poorly.

Tbf, isn't the mk8 biotech really a g11 piece?