Omega crunch is painful!

Replies

• Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    To all those of you speaking about management, you don't see the big picture, every new character comes with 5-6 abilities, especially the good ones, they all have omegas in every single ability and between 1-2 zetas which require omegas themselves.

You say I'm wasteful when I still haven't even zetad any of my phonix, some don't even have all their omegas. I have no omegas in most of my Jawas, all my ewoks but teebo don't have omegas. No one of my Jedi other than Ezra, anakin, Kenobi, Barriss, Qgj, mace. No omegas on fulcrum, Baze, tuskens and other various characters. No omegas on Wampa, Hermit, some of my nightsisters. Still haven't geared or leveled holdo and rose, SA, ST, Sith Mara. Still missing omegas on half my clones and half my imp troopers, half my rebels, half my first order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something more!

That's more than half my roster and I've played for nearly 2 years so I would say my management is been pretty good.

Edit: throw bounty Hunters in that list too where the only one I have omegad is Boba

Sounds like you are in pretty similar place to me. You see, it's all about priorities. We were never meant to omega every single character, the purpose of the mat is to be somewhat exclusive. Not having omegas on Jawas and Tuskens is perfectly fine, the key is to give them to characters you are actually planning to use (not counting TW fillers).

Well yeah, all those characters, factions listed I have NOT omegad, including tuskens, ewoks and Jawas. The only Jawas I omegad are dathcha and engineer, I'm still missing a couple omegas on the engineer too

And for curiousity, where does it say you are supposed to have all the omegas you need to max every char? Can you show us this info?

I never said you are, however more than half my roster doesn't have omegas and I'm still struggling after nearly playing for 2 years. Needing as many as 13 omegas to zeta a character is pointless and hurtful. And honestly for a collector's game the ultimate goal is to max everything out

Many of us are in the same boat, however, we prioritize useful omegas versus maxing for the sake of maxing, the omega crunch is only as real as you decide you need it to be,

If your struggling after nearly two years, . .how nearly? . .. . Then there is likely other factors nvolved that have nothing to do with the number of omegas you get.

im in the same boat as the person who posted the comment you quoted. playing 2 years and i MIGHT get 3 omegas a WEEK from mat vents, maybe 5 pr wk if u include ships. the rng for some people is terrible, for others it sems fantastically good. the only reason i even get to omega anyone is the dailies otherwise id mostly be waiting a week and a half for ONE omega to go up and forget about zetas lol

Cool story, so you get 10-12omegas a week . . Just like the rest of us, . . And your point is ?? . . .,

As previously mentioned, resource management, useful skills omegad versus spending for the sake of spending, . . .
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    To all those of you speaking about management, you don't see the big picture, every new character comes with 5-6 abilities, especially the good ones, they all have omegas in every single ability and between 1-2 zetas which require omegas themselves.

You say I'm wasteful when I still haven't even zetad any of my phonix, some don't even have all their omegas. I have no omegas in most of my Jawas, all my ewoks but teebo don't have omegas. No one of my Jedi other than Ezra, anakin, Kenobi, Barriss, Qgj, mace. No omegas on fulcrum, Baze, tuskens and other various characters. No omegas on Wampa, Hermit, some of my nightsisters. Still haven't geared or leveled holdo and rose, SA, ST, Sith Mara. Still missing omegas on half my clones and half my imp troopers, half my rebels, half my first order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something more!

That's more than half my roster and I've played for nearly 2 years so I would say my management is been pretty good.

Edit: throw bounty Hunters in that list too where the only one I have omegad is Boba

Sounds like you are in pretty similar place to me. You see, it's all about priorities. We were never meant to omega every single character, the purpose of the mat is to be somewhat exclusive. Not having omegas on Jawas and Tuskens is perfectly fine, the key is to give them to characters you are actually planning to use (not counting TW fillers).

Well yeah, all those characters, factions listed I have NOT omegad, including tuskens, ewoks and Jawas. The only Jawas I omegad are dathcha and engineer, I'm still missing a couple omegas on the engineer too

And for curiousity, where does it say you are supposed to have all the omegas you need to max every char? Can you show us this info?

I never said you are, however more than half my roster doesn't have omegas and I'm still struggling after nearly playing for 2 years. Needing as many as 13 omegas to zeta a character is pointless and hurtful. And honestly for a collector's game the ultimate goal is to max everything out

Many of us are in the same boat, however, we prioritize useful omegas versus maxing for the sake of maxing, the omega crunch is only as real as you decide you need it to be,

If your struggling after nearly two years, . .how nearly? . .. . Then there is likely other factors nvolved that have nothing to do with the number of omegas you get.

im in the same boat as the person who posted the comment you quoted. playing 2 years and i MIGHT get 3 omegas a WEEK from mat vents, maybe 5 pr wk if u include ships. the rng for some people is terrible, for others it sems fantastically good. the only reason i even get to omega anyone is the dailies otherwise id mostly be waiting a week and a half for ONE omega to go up and forget about zetas lol

Cool story, so you get 10-12omegas a week . . Just like the rest of us, . . And your point is ?? . . .,

As previously mentioned, resource management, useful skills omegad versus spending for the sake of spending, . . .

You sir have a very selective vision. I know this thread got a little too big so I don't blame you but if you go back a few comments you'll see that I literally told another person all my omegas and they aren't that many or that wasteful.

NO I DON'T OMEGA CHARACTERS JUST TO DO IT. I mentioned that many times before but you seem to intentionally ignore that part and assume I'm out there dropping omegas to Jawas and Tuskens which clearly isn't the case so please don't use that argument again, it's fake news.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    We currently get enough to omega 1-2 abilities per week or enough to do 1 zeta per week. Since its almost impossible to get enough zeta mats in a week to do an ability I think they are portioned just fine. If you aren't yet level 85 or just recently 85 yes it can be a crunch especially if you are trying to do multiple squads. Once you've been level 85 for a couple months you should definitely have all your most important ones for arena and fleet and after that you just need to be more selective not every omega is essential or even very good.
  • Options
    I dont understand this omega crunch ppl are talking about? I find Zetas is the rare one.....

Zetas: 22
    Omegas: 150
    Purple: 686

Mine
    Zetas : 13
    Omega : 5
    Purple : 1641
  • Options
    Personally, my crunch is purple mats. I'm ALWAYS short on those. I'm usually around 100 omegas and it only fluctuates when I'm leveling abilities on a squad I'm working on/zeta'ing a character. I'd love to be like the person with 1600 of purple mats. :D

That said, I can understand that not everyone is at the point I am, I remember when I was always short on omegas. I just stopped immediately putting them on characters until I suddenly had an influx.
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I LIKE having to prioritize - It’s a substantial part of the game really isn’t it?

Try for a moment and imagine what the game would be like if everyone had mostly g12/full skilled teams - I trust we can agree that there’s no elaborate strategies involved here

I guess however for many people these days instant gratification is the name of the game..
  • dogwelder79
    1504 posts Member
    Options
    How on Earth do you get hundreds of carbantis, stun guns and balls before the omega materials?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    They are older content, its not like they were brought up to help deal with the current crunch.

but you can manage around it, just have to be selective.

you mean manage the 100 plus characters that need them 3-6 times each? yeah that makes sense...............keeping at one sees so sensible when thought about like that. :D

Who said the "need them". It's all about management, yes you will run out if you think they all "need them".
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    EDIT: I personally do not have a struggle with omegas. That doesn't negate that others do.

It's meant to be a struggle. That's the whole point.

A game without struggle? Or challenge? Obviously would cease to be a game.

I have no problem whatsoever with challenging content. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I will say there's a difference between 'challenge' and saying you're open to do this at 75, but you have no chance in hell doing it until 85. But that's another story.

Challenge keeps people around. Plain and simple.

Struggle does not.

I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the game developers (with access to collective data and metrics from every single person who has ever downloaded this game) are in a better position to determine what “keeps people around” than your single data point based on what would make the game easier for you.

But that’s just my guess.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you have godly resource management, the fact that we got so many different events that are class specific and require you to use your entire roster shows that the game is MEANT to promote working on ALL factions. Literally the only useless faction so far is the tuskens who have nothing going for them.

Yeah Jawas are bad but you need them for Crit damage mods which are the most important in the game. Ewoks have their own events, nightsisters same thing. Recently Jedi became very important for assult battles which if you were clever and didn't buy into GM Yoda and stuff, now you NEED him, same with Aayla secura. Bounty Hunters, same thing. Add legendary events, TB special missions and faction specific missions. It's simply meant to use your entire roster! And no I haven't omegad by tuskens...

It almost seems as though the developers are trying to extend the life of the game by making different factions useful for different things. You know, so we don’t build a single team or two and then stop developing our rosters?
    It’s about having a goal to work towards and then taking time to get there, not having your entire roster omega’d and zeta’d the moment an event drops so you can instantly “auto” it.
  • Botzone1
    167 posts Member
    Options
    murphsith wrote: »
    Omega battles should not only give us one Omega it's kind of silly if you think about it they're called Omega battles and they only give you one Omega it doesn't make sense, it's almost ironic...

Had to wait 4 days to add last zeta waiting on omegas and that's hitting last round catina where the also are suppose to 'be found

I been farming the vets and I have never had an omega drop, I done with 1 toon and 1/2 the next
  • Options
    The back and forth of new players and older ones. Despite being done and done in, it keeps cropping up.

Don't get me wrong, I always want more stuff, clearly. But having been playing from start I've been steadily omega'ing since they were released I'm squarely in the "The current drop rates is fine." I've been @ 20 Zetas and no Omega's a few times, getting too lucky in ship challenge drops happens (infinitely better then 6 or 7 carbanti's).

On the flip side I don't even know how you do it if you've been playing less then a year... it's an absolutely kitten to not be able to really participate in much of the stuff flying around. Telling someone to 'get gud' doesn't mean anything - you can't just get gud at gaining more resources so you can actually play the activities that pop-up.

I do think it comes down to CG looking at how to maybe help newer players with more mats and older players with more gear - maybe. That every single [redacted] new toon has to start at g1 when you've been in the game this long is pretty lame. Carbanti's continue to be a nightmare...

TL;DR - fix the Carbanti challenge to actually give 6-7... not 3-5.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Barik_Edo
    204 posts Member
    Options
    Asked about increasing the drops from the Omega Battles to 2-3, which seemed reasonable, during the live Q&A on April 6th. Response is below. Haven't seen any new info regarding the "other sources". SA = Sam Abbot, Lead Product Manager.

"Barik_Edo: Any plans on slightly increasing the amount of Omegas that drop from the Omega Battles?
    [SA] No plans to increase Omegas from current Omega Battles. Plans soon to reward more Omegas from other sources."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Barik_Edo wrote: »
    Asked about increasing the drops from the Omega Battles to 2-3, which seemed reasonable, during the live Q&A on April 6th. Response is below. Haven't seen any new info regarding the "other sources". SA = Sam Abbot, Lead Product Manager.

"Barik_Edo: Any plans on slightly increasing the amount of Omegas that drop from the Omega Battles?
    [SA] No plans to increase Omegas from current Omega Battles. Plans soon to reward more Omegas from other sources."

From the ship PvE table with the same drop rates as the cantina table. Hehe :wink:
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I was just coming here to talk about this.
  • Barik_Edo
    204 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Barik_Edo wrote: »

From the ship PvE table with the same drop rates as the cantina table. Hehe :wink:

Probably right...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Also here some actual numbers to look at from a recent post about the omega income

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/169448/fleet-challenge-omega-and-zeta-material-probabilities#latest
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Here some actual numbers to look at that demonstrate the seriousness of the Omega Crunch. I took this screenshot just now. So I need 70+ omegas just to equip the zetas...
    https://imgur.com/a/uizw5pB
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    Here some actual numbers to look at that demonstrate the seriousness of the Omega Crunch. I took this screenshot just now. So I need 70+ omegas just to equip the zetas...

All that demonstrates is how you've chosen to allocate your resources, nothing more than that.

I could have taken a screenshot any number of times that showed me with 20+ omegas and no zetas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    aH54SgC.jpg
    Here some actual numbers to look at that demonstrate the seriousness of the Omega Crunch. I took this screenshot just now.
    2cp3uhd.png
    For the record, i'm aware that neither screenshots prove there is or isn't an omega crunch.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a proof of anything - it is a demonstration that Omegas are a serious pain. I get resource management. It just sucks to get a new toon (say, Sion), and use all your purple ability mats. Then 5 or so days later you can omega an ability. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Eventually all of his abilities are omega'd, and you have another 2 weeks of saving omegas to apply his zeta.
    Meanwhile, your zeta stockpile continues increasing...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's not a proof of anything - it is a demonstration that Omegas are a serious pain. I get resource management. It just sucks to get a new toon (say, Sion), and use all your purple ability mats. Then 5 or so days later you can omega an ability. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Another 5 days, another omega. Eventually all of his abilities are omega'd, and you have another 2 weeks of saving omegas to apply his zeta.
    Meanwhile, your zeta stockpile continues increasing...

Yea, as you can see that isn't a problem for me. I'm keeping a "safety stock" for exactly those situations.
    Coincedentillly that's also the reason why i haven't omega'd "held by hatret". It's a highly situation omega that only comes into play when you're using that special and your Sion's health is below 20%.
    Granted, if i were using sion in arena i would have omega'd that ability since i've got the mats and i like my arena toons maxed.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    We need more compelling tiers with higher difficulty. But if it were that easy, we would have them.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Emmant wrote: »
    Oddly enough I LIKE having to prioritize - It’s a substantial part of the game really isn’t it?

Try for a moment and imagine what the game would be like if everyone had mostly g12/full skilled teams - I trust we can agree that there’s no elaborate strategies involved here

I guess however for many people these days instant gratification is the name of the game..

You're a classic example of an exaggerator my friend. I never heard ANYONE ask for "mostly g12/full skilled teams". Also I was under the impression that the bottle neck in this game when it comes to material was supposed to be zetas not omegas.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Even if you have godly resource management, the fact that we got so many different events that are class specific and require you to use your entire roster shows that the game is MEANT to promote working on ALL factions. Literally the only useless faction so far is the tuskens who have nothing going for them.

Yeah Jawas are bad but you need them for Crit damage mods which are the most important in the game. Ewoks have their own events, nightsisters same thing. Recently Jedi became very important for assult battles which if you were clever and didn't buy into GM Yoda and stuff, now you NEED him, same with Aayla secura. Bounty Hunters, same thing. Add legendary events, TB special missions and faction specific missions. It's simply meant to use your entire roster! And no I haven't omegad by tuskens...

It almost seems as though the developers are trying to extend the life of the game by making different factions useful for different things. You know, so we don’t build a single team or two and then stop developing our rosters?
    It’s about having a goal to work towards and then taking time to get there, not having your entire roster omega’d and zeta’d the moment an event drops so you can instantly “auto” it.

Nobody spoke about zetas, the conversation is strictly about omegas. You can extend the life of the game by bringing out new characters and content consistently, not by forcing people to still work on characters that have been out for 2 years
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    The back and forth of new players and older ones. Despite being done and done in, it keeps cropping up.

Don't get me wrong, I always want more stuff, clearly. But having been playing from start I've been steadily omega'ing since they were released I'm squarely in the "The current drop rates is fine." I've been @ 20 Zetas and no Omega's a few times, getting too lucky in ship challenge drops happens (infinitely better then 6 or 7 carbanti's).

On the flip side I don't even know how you do it if you've been playing less then a year... it's an absolutely kitten to not be able to really participate in much of the stuff flying around. Telling someone to 'get gud' doesn't mean anything - you can't just get gud at gaining more resources so you can actually play the activities that pop-up.

I do think it comes down to CG looking at how to maybe help newer players with more mats and older players with more gear - maybe. That every single [redacted] new toon has to start at g1 when you've been in the game this long is pretty lame. Carbanti's continue to be a nightmare...

TL;DR - fix the Carbanti challenge to actually give 6-7... not 3-5.

I agree, I can't see myself starting this game now. If I lost my account I wouldn't have the strength to start a new one, it would be the end for me
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

Just wait for the next OP toon with 6 abilities of which all 6 will have 5 omegas each and two will have 13 + 13 omegas to zeta them. Do the math, it gets depressing.