Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Options
    Pr0t0cl0wn wrote: »
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    @cg Why was the devs post about no changes to rewards not made an announcement thread? That's an all time first, and it sucks.

It was: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170331/update-on-sith-raid-rewards-and-balance#latest

What am I missing?
    Nice of them to respond to this horrible issue in the thread that they started in the first place

That notification about rewards *isn't* about this thread. Its about the TU12 changes where they were going to add two more G12 gear slots with gear that was only available in the Heroic STR. That thread is *good* news.

This is the thread that notification is about:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/166122/update-to-raid-reward-changes-4-11-18
    We had changed the droprate from a tiered percentage chance to a flat 40% to accommodate an additional two slots of Gear XII coming in May exclusively to the Heroic Tier.

That's all we need is for heroics to get exclusive gear on top of Traya shards...
    Not everyone is running heroic and the rewards from tiers 1-6 are pathetic piles of garbage which don’t make the raids even worth doing

I recall them saying that they intended this raid to be done 1-2 a week. If that's the case I think they need to use TB as a reference. They also need to use the heroic tier as a reference.

If lower tiers got us complete raid gear & other high demand pieces I think people would be much happier. Also buff the guild tokens to be much higher in tier 1-6 (perhaps even slightly higher than heroic to account for the lack of Traya shard motivation).

They should also unnerf jtr as I think the community has pretty clearly demonstrated that she wasn't over performing but rather raid mechanics by design made all other toons underperform. If by design every toon except jtr has their kit hard countered and rendered as useful as CUP of course she will appear to be over performing by comparison.

This issue isn’t how long the raids take or how often a week we can run them, it’s that the rewards are literally worse than the 3 and 6 runs of the daily challenges (drunk Plo Koon’s table). No one wants to bother contributing because the rewards are so beyond pathetic
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb any news in this department? I saw the raid announcement but wasn't sure if that was our answer or feedback for this thread?
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Yep, today is a bit busy with releases and tracking down Territory Battle Compensation info. Meeting in the next few days to review further. Expect an update here before EOW
    17:30 now in CA, End of Working Week.
    Do we have the expected update, or not?
  • Options
    So where's the update that was meant to be provided before EoW?
    Why has this thread been shunted down to the middle of the 2nd page, when it has more recent posts than the threads above it?
  • Options
    Still no update?
    I guess that he didn't specify which week he was referring to the end of.
    Info on this coming EoW - some week in the future.
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb
    May 22
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Are we going to hear back from you on this anytime soon? @CG_SBCrumb

Yep, today is a bit busy with releases and tracking down Territory Battle Compensation info. Meeting in the next few days to review further. Expect an update here before EOW

—————————

EOW = End of Week right?
    What’s up? End of what week?
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    I am assuming that the update was the: we aren't changing anything. We need more time to determine if the impact of the raid is damaging the health of the game.
  • Options
    Inke wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb
    May 22
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Are we going to hear back from you on this anytime soon? @CG_SBCrumb

—————————

EOW = End of Week right?
    What’s up? End of what week?
    End of next week. No matter when you ask the question, the answer from them will be “Next week”
  • Inke
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    I am assuming that the update was the: we aren't changing anything. We need more time to determine if the impact of the raid is damaging the health of the game.

I would be okay with that. Or even, we are still analyzing data and discussing possible changes, but at the moment I don’t have any definitive changes to announce. I will pass them along as soon as I do. I wouldn’t agree with those statements, but they would be updates given at the end of this week.

• Options
    Solo movie just released. They need time to see the sales of the $9 packs before doing anything meaningful. Notice how all the new buffs are non-stealable by Nihilus and can’t be dispelled. Bet your bottoms this new Solo Movie team will perform just under JTR’s damage output in STR, once Lando and L3-37 are released to round out the team.
  • Options
    Solo movie just released. They need time to see the sales of the $9 packs before doing anything meaningful. Notice how all the new buffs are non-stealable by Nihilus and can’t be dispelled. Bet your bottoms this new Solo Movie team will perform just under JTR’s damage output in STR, once Lando and L3-37 are released to round out the team.
    Seems like Prepared can't be stolen.
    Protection Up (Chewie & Han), Health Steal Up (Qi'Ra), Retribution (Han) & Advantage (Chewie) all can be stolen.
    Unsure about Defence Penetration Up, if it's a buff then presumably can be stolen.
    Looks like they receive direct bonuses for some stats, so maybe Defence Penetration is one of them & can't be stolen.
  • Options
    Giving a timeline that one has no intention, or no chance, of sticking to is a real rookie move. There's no need for it and it's never going to pan out well.
  • Options
    Giving a timeline that one has no intention, or no chance, of sticking to is a real rookie move. There's no need for it and it's never going to pan out well.

It certainly sets a bad precedent. Doesn’t it.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My predictions.

There will not be any announced changes made. We will eventually see different mechanic results and ask if something changed but players will doubt it, saying no official word given etc.. The rewards won't change in the traditional sense. After an internal audit, the gear that drops most often, that we have thousands of will be adjusted to drop less often. This will not help established players since they do not need or use any of the gear that drops currently. The desired result of strong guilds being able to complete it more easily will be the norm after the culling TST has caused. Then and only then will the rewards be adressed on higher tiers, probably 5 and above. Thus forcing players to build better teams, which is the reason the TST is as it is, it's a cull plain and simple. It's the only thought process that makes sense out of such a useless endeavor.

Why do I think this is what will happen? Would you send a message to your employers that all the time and money spent, on the development of this raid was wasted and it needs completely redone? No, you wouldn't. You make subtle changes and slowly things get better. Everyone is happy.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    Just started a new Tier 1 Stith raid. Phase one is at least as bad as I remember it. A handful of easy fixes could make this so much more tolerable.
  • Options
    They’re never gonna fix this, are they? Just hoping it goes away I think
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options

They distract us with even worse updates. The new ships is so horrible, people forget about how crappy this raid is..
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »

They distract us with even worse updates. The new ships is so horrible, people forget about how **** this raid is..
    Exactly...that’s why I don’t want to let this thread(That THEY started) die
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Would you send a message to your employers that all the time and money spent, on the development of this raid was wasted and it needs completely redone? No, you wouldn't. You make subtle changes and slowly things get better. Everyone is happy.
    As an employee, no, you're quite right.

As an employer, I most certainly would! I would also probably fire the staff who made such a massively obvious blunder in the first place & replace them with competent, professional individuals who can actually do a good job.

Maybe we're all talking to the monkey, when we should be targeting the organ grinder?
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    It's an absolute disgrace that their shiny "new" forum manager has only been here for a week or so and has already made an unfulfilled promise.
    Even worse when it is on a thread that HE created, specifically asking for feedback on this most hated of game additions.
    Then, when he sees the volume of dislike, he disappears and doesn't provide the update that he promised on this hot topic.
    As others have said, seemingly hoping that this will be forgotten due the latest debacle, that is Ships.

"Wow, all of the players really, really hate this Raid."
    "OK, let's introduce Ships minus 2.0 as a diversion, then they can all hate that & we can ignore this."

Ineptitude unfortunately breeds ineptitude.
  • Motoko
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards are back to garbage status level. Thanks crap games.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Perhaps too late, but here's my input.

Main recruiting officer for a 90mil GP guild. I've had the same issues as others above in terms of being in that weird middle ground between not wanting to carry low GP members anymore but losing higher end GP members to recruiting HSR guilds.

We clear T4 on spam mode (for the guild currency mostly), complete it in 2-ish days and restart immediately.
    We've tried T5 but it takes 4-5 days depending on how fatigued people get of hitting it constantly.

Rewards, as others said, are not matched to the effort needed.
    I enjoy some of the mechanics but the uber-tenacity of all the bosses just negates so many of our favourite toons we've worked hard on.

I'd like to see a guild of our strength be able to do T6 with our current rosters in 2-3 days, which is mostly a comment on the insane health pools that we have to deal with.

Teams I personally use:
    P1:
    RJT of course
    Zader Boba Sidious DN Shaman
    Wiggs Chirrut Zolo CLS

P2:
    AA Leia GK Hoda Ezra
    Thrawn Sabine Shore DT Wampa

P3:
    AV NS
    Chex Mix
    Boba plus 4 attackers

P4:
    AV NS
    Zader as above
    RJT as above
    kitchen sink
  • Options
    Overall i findb the raid enjoyable. I like difficult battles. What's demotivating is all of the bugs. Like when I'm in p3 and stand alone with EP and use Let The Hate Flow but my team takes damage. Stand alone tool tip says immune to all damage. And today on T5 P1, my Hermit Yoda was stealth so should have 100% evasion but still took damage from DN drain force. He was enraged but that shouldn't matter I'd think. Foresight still worked as intended. Also when HYoda had stealth but used unbreakable will, he still had 100% evasion as if stealth was active. Not so much a complaint there. But still...
  • Options
    We're really not going to get anything on this are we? Just gonna keep being a PITA we all have to deal with until we can eventually build up and tackle hSTR?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We're really not going to get anything on this are we? Just gonna keep being a PITA we all have to deal with until we can eventually build up and tackle hSTR?

I hope not (Me personally, I think so as well). Talk outside these forums is many guilds are deciding if they will continue or not based on how this is handled. The Sith Raid is setting the tone for future raids and they are not going to stay if this is the way of things to come.

• RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Our guild is ~81M GP and we do tier 4 exclusively. We did tier 6 once - took us forever, and we did tier 5 once - took too long to be efficient. Tier 4 takes us around 3 or 4 days to complete.

I have a decent RJT team and Imperial Troopers team, but my Nightsisters, FO and Ewoks that I also use, are not nearly as good.

My biggest issue with this raid is randomness. When a debuff that cannot be dispelled falls on an important member of your team, your best bet is to restart. I personally consider this a very bad design.

Lackluster rewards are another thing. I thought the idea was to do a lower tier so you can get gear to prepare for the higher tiers. Right now the gear drops are so bad, it really doesn't help us any.

• AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Options
    What tier or tiers did you play?

We used to do tier 4, but are doing tier 6 now to move on to heroic.

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?

54 million.

What teams you did you attempt the raid with?

Anything that works. RJT (because you killed all other teams in P1. She wasn't limitimg our choices in teams, the devs did that), Chex Mix, IT, Sith, NS and whatever else proves effective.

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?

At first we were excited about something new to tackle together. We hoped the rewards would help us grow into heroic and do better elsewhere in the game. That certainly motivated us.

Then reality hit us like a semi when we saw that the raid was at best boring and at worst a slog for rewards we could get in less than 20 minutes taking down the Rancor. Tier 4 was down to about 3 days before we started seeing people completely lose interest.

We're not ready for the heroic tier, but we feel that it's worth doing it so we don't have the raid running 24/7. Even no rewards are better than what we're offered in the tiers below heroic. Take a moment to comprehend that last point.

What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

Sion is enjoyable. He's tough, but fair and he doesn't take forever to take down. That is the only thing we enjoy about this raid.

The time it takes to beat the raid, the astonishingly poor rewards that get you nowhere, the ridiculous tenacity, the annoying mechanics and I could honestly keep going, but it's been covered already. One more thing I will mention is the bleeding RNG! Good lord the one thing that makes this raid the worst addition to the game to date is the fact that we have to retry so many times because of RNG!

I'm in a great guild that enjoyed my enthusiasm for the raid. I was promoted to officer and was put in charge of gathering information on what works and new developments. Nobody blamed me when I lost interest in the raid. Everyone had already done so, but I tried to keep people engaged.

CG hasn't given us any reason to hope for better. We just hope they give up on this route before they wreck what's left of the game.
  • Options
    I am in a 40 million g.p. guild and the Nihlus protection mechanic has us down to 22 of 50 even doing raid. In what imaginary dream world did some numscule think this was challenging and not just stupid I cannot imagine. Gamers like realism involved in our fantasy worlds what you created is just dumb. No matter how many times you ask the answer will always be the same, regenerating protection is a dumb mechanic.
  • Options
    Page 18 maybe?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

"EOW" let me introduce you to our old friend August.
This discussion has been closed.