Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• Options

@CG_SBCrumb , will there ever be a day when I can both compete with wales in arena at the highest levels on an old shard, and be able to play swgoh in about 1 hour per day, while spending about $20 per year on the game? the game is no fun if you can't expand your roster to play all the fun parts of the game. and to expand your roster you need crystals. and to get crystals you need to compete with whales in both arenas. the amount of time the game now takes isn't sustainable. i don't want to throw away 2 years of work. but I know I can't keep this up.
    Well you want to Play at the same Level of a whale without contributing time or money
    Use your brain and answer this question to yourself

There will always be a new meta and new op chars you dont get without money when they are meta

Expecting to be at the same Level of someone who spends hundreds or thousand a month is ....strange
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options

@CG_SBCrumb , will there ever be a day when I can both compete with wales in arena at the highest levels on an old shard, and be able to play swgoh in about 1 hour per day, while spending about $20 per year on the game? the game is no fun if you can't expand your roster to play all the fun parts of the game. and to expand your roster you need crystals. and to get crystals you need to compete with whales in both arenas. the amount of time the game now takes isn't sustainable. i don't want to throw away 2 years of work. but I know I can't keep this up.
    Well you want to Play at the same Level of a whale without contributing time or money

There will always be a new meta and new op chars you dont get without money when they are meta

Expecting to be at the same Level of someone who spends hundreds or thousand a month is ....strange

Actually there had been a pretty long period where f2p could compete. If you were active daily Palpatine and Vader should have been 7* when the reworks came out. So since February a f2p player has had the ability to climb. That is changing now with the change in ships and traya entering arenas everywhere. But whales won't spend without some period of differentiation. So the complaint seems out of place.
  • Pieriku
    73 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is a small one. Only 45M GP. Once or twice a week, we run HAAT without much difficulty. But for the Sith Raid, it takes us 3-4 days to complete the tier 3 and all the members are tired of playing it.
    The phase 2 and 3 are completed very quickly (a few hours each, sometimes less) but the phase 1 is really a nightmare and most of us are now just doing it on auto. Same with the phase 4.
    And for such an hard time, the rewards are ridiculous compared with the Rancor or the HAAT...
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dabro112 wrote: »
    If you were active daily Palpatine and Vader should have been 7* when the reworks came out.

If you spent time then.

In this game - you either have to spend time, or you have to spend money, to succeed.

Which is great for all parties.

Except for those that live in fantasy-land and want to succeed without spending neither time nor money.

Post edited by CoastalJames on
  • Options

I did not say "same" now did I?
  • SebPovic
    67 posts Member
    Options
    48M GP guild here. Tried T4 a few times, now we go back to T3. 4 Days of P1 straight is just too much, people are getting frustrated.

Our teams mainly consist of Rebels, Imp, FO, Phönix und a few NS here and there.
  • Options
    If you were active daily Palpatine and Vader should have been 7* when the reworks came out.

If you spent time then.

In this game - you either have to spend time, or you have to spend money, to succeed.

Except for those that live in fantasy-lad and want to succeed without spending neither time nor money.

sort of. it is great when the time is reasonable. and that's the point. Pseudo FTP don't mind working. we mind when the work is literally impossible to complete while having an actual life beyond this game. lets say 7 arena matches, 7 ship matches, its HAAT day or pit, Sith raid 5 daily battles, do all other collecting activities at least every 6 hours, sign in for the extra 45 energy that doesn't correspond to that 6 hour schedule, if you bought any mods today see if what you got can improve one of your toons, chat with your guild. its just too much. and to compete, you have to do all of that or you fall behind. and the game is no fun when you can't compete.
  • Options
    I don't think being FTP and become competitive player are realistic - not just in this game.

Even if you spend reasonable time and money to be competitive, "reasonable" time spent with "reasonable" money spent are open to interpretation and so is "competitiveness" in this game.

For me, I am not purely FTP nor am I competitive - unless you think getting under rank 50 in arena and getting under rank 40 in ship competitive.

• Options
    Back to sith raid, stay on target.
  • Options
    Back to Sith Raid though, not just the prizes for non-heoric tier but the mechanic of the game design itself is broken.

- Bosses with supet high tenacity and mechanics to prevent using other toons apart from selected few.
    - One of which being JTR - which has horrible way to get her to farm Vets to get 7* - which in turn are in Cantina 16 energy nodes.

So, I don't think it's just sith raid but things that builds up and series of decisions made from management and producers of CG are all missteps - unless having the backlash and non-whales players drainage is the desired goal.

Or maybe this game's life cycle managers decided non-whales and long time players ( elders who don't spend enough $$ on game) are nuisances and decided to alienate and purge them.

If that is the goal, I would say they achieve it.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    • What tier or tiers did you play?
    • What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    • What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    • What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    • What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

1) Mostly T5, some t4s to get used to it
    2) Almost 80M
    3) We tried like every team possible and due to my late response some people in my guild already have the detonators team for P1, we have some JTR and we have some people which farmed or is farming imp troopers. Still no chex: it's an annoying and difficult team to build, no one wants to be forced to build such an exploit team to beat a raid. One should be able to beat a raid with TEAMS and not be forced to build these teams which are clearly an exploit found by players to do more damage, no one believes that you had the chex mix team in your heads while designing the raid. I know that every raid has teams that are more suitable and teams that are less appropriate. This raid has teams YOU CAN'T USE for the whole raid, like clones for example. They are useless in every phase.
    4) For the time being, I'm almost totally ignoring this raid. I just intervene when it is fundamental, the rewards are not even worth the effort and the frustration. The score gap between those having Rey and those not having her is just ridiculous. And I'm not the only one, most players feel frustrated and see their past efforts as useless in this new raid. DN recovering protection, stealing buffs and oneshotting toons with his unpredictable tm and cool down reduction, traya simply annihilating every possible team, Sion oneshotting 100k+ health tanks and every boss being basically immune to debuffs and tm removal are just ridiculous, there are no viable solutions to this. Only the guilds which are composed by shoppers and whales or the guilds playing since day one can think about attempting the heroic and they're not even sure about the outcome. For now they're not so much, but we'll soon have all the arenas dominated by the players which managed to unlock traya, which happen to be (what a coincidence) the ones which foster CG economically or the ones which gave the game visibility in the first period.
    5) The only thing I enjoyed about the raid is that it's a new raid. For the rest, I find it more frustrating than challenging, because the solutions to it are quite clear but they're extremely costy (in terms of currencies, time or both) or even locked behind the paywall. I appreciate that you made a very hard raid for the ones asking for a new and "superior" one, but you can't ignore the fact that this raid has been added to cradle the huge players that are around since day one, while it frustrates everyone below 2-2.5M gp. Usually, game developers make things added just to make shoppers happy more subtle. This is too clearly a thing made ad-hoc for paying users.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    SebPovic wrote: »
    48M GP guild here. Tried T4 a few times, now we go back to T3. 4 Days of P1 straight is just too much, people are getting frustrated.

Our teams mainly consist of Rebels, Imp, FO, Phönix und a few NS here and there.

Can i be honest. Im 1.1 million gp so id say id be fairly typical to your membera. I can easily pull 4% in phase 1 with 5 runs.

If it takes 4 days to do phase 1 your people arent really making an effort and thats fine but dont blame the raid.
  • Options

If you spent time then.

Except for those that live in fantasy-lad and want to succeed without spending neither time nor money.

sort of. it is great when the time is reasonable. and that's the point. Pseudo FTP don't mind working. we mind when the work is literally impossible to complete while having an actual life beyond this game. lets say 7 arena matches, 7 ship matches, its HAAT day or pit, Sith raid 5 daily battles, do all other collecting activities at least every 6 hours, sign in for the extra 45 energy that doesn't correspond to that 6 hour schedule, if you bought any mods today see if what you got can improve one of your toons, chat with your guild. its just too much. and to compete, you have to do all of that or you fall behind. and the game is no fun when you can't compete.

I'm FTP and particpate fully.

I probably spend 15 minutes a day on the game. Maybe 20? Definitely no more than 25.

That leaves me with at least 23 hours and 35 minutes per day in which to have an "actual life".
  • Options

If you spent time then.

I'm FTP and particpate fully.

I probably spend 15 minutes a day on the game. Maybe 20? Definitely no more than 25.

That leaves me with at least 23 hours and 35 minutes per day in which to have an "actual life".

that makes no sense. you didn't mention the sith raid which can't be done in 15m. by compete i mean you finish in the top 5 of both arena's every day at level 85.
  • Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »
    I don't think being FTP and become competitive player are realistic - not just in this game.

Even if you spend reasonable time and money to be competitive, "reasonable" time spent with "reasonable" money spent are open to interpretation and so is "competitiveness" in this game.

For me, I am not purely FTP nor am I competitive - unless you think getting under rank 50 in arena and getting under rank 40 in ship competitive.

if you don't support FTP/low spenders then there is nobody for the whales to play against. they need both to make a good game of this type.
  • Options
    DoOrDoNot wrote: »

if you don't support FTP/low spenders then there is nobody for the whales to play against. they need both to make a good game of this type.

Start another thread dude, stop with the F2P, multiple people have already tried to get this back onto the Sith Raid issue.....

Specifically the time vs. rewards - which I think much of the issue. But, the time part of the equation is, to me, where the "unfun" aspect of the raid really rubs raw. Just these long slog fests and nothing happens. I have all the toons for all the recommended phases, I can do the damage needed... but it's a PITA and takes forever - now I just auto for whatever the team gives me.... which then slows down the raid progress because everyone just hitting auto is not moving it along at the speed it needs to.

And, as I've said several time, we don't even have everyone hitting auto. With the rewards being terrible, it's not even worth leaving your phone on while 5 teams auto for you...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    A response by Page 21 maybe?

Maybe a "hey we're reading and compiling, here are the ideas we're throwing around the office at CG. What you guys think?" or something...
  • Options
    New observations since update introducing Nest.

Phase 1 Nihilus on basic attack is now stealing buffs a character could potentially have. Using Phoenix squad or resistance, if Nihilus does a basic on a non buffed Chopper, Chopper is hit with Defense Down and Nihilus suddenly has Offense Up, Speed up, and Crit x2. It does not matter who the basic hit happens to, Chop was used as an example to the noted behavior.

Also, if teams have no debuffs what so ever, Nihilus is reducing his cool down on annihilate by 5 randomly. This is most noted when MagmaTrooper is doing his attacks and/or DeathTrooper lands death mark, it happens with Barriss in a team as well.

Nihilus is the cause of the hatred and frustration with phase 1 and 4. Rewards for effort less than heroic are also, sadly, horrific.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    SebPovic wrote: »

Can i be honest. Im 1.1 million gp so id say id be fairly typical to your membera. I can easily pull 4% in phase 1 with 5 runs.

If it takes 4 days to do phase 1 your people arent really making an effort and thats fine but dont blame the raid.

Player motivation doesn't exist in a vacuum. You're probably right, his guild mates may not be contributing. However, this thread is rife with very specific reasons why they don't bother. The increased time to clear then just makes it a vicious demotivating spiral.
  • Options
    I'm ftp but I'll still ask you to keep it on topic which is the sith raid. The more clutter or off topic comments will only cause the on topic stuff to get lost in the clutter.
  • Smygelfh
    72 posts Member
    Options
    It's simple. If you're T6, you slog it out for days and get a kick in the groins as reward. If you do heroic, you work hard for 1-2 days and get useful full crafts and Traya shards.

The step from T6 to Heroic is "7* DT, a lot of Reys and a good deal of NS". That's no easy step to take. And while you wait for the event, you have (usually the ones contributing the most) people losing patience and moving to guilds already doing heroic, which means the step up gets infinitely long.

A clear and simple solution is available:

1. Increase the rewards on T6 and below. A lot. A factor of ten might not even be good enough. This might make it worth it for qualified people to stay with their progressing guild instead of feeling forced to move to a stronger one to keep up their progress.

If that's not possible for some weird reason, it needs to be less frustration in the raid:

2. Rework some of the horrible mechanics to make it possible to progress towards heroic in more ways than "wait for Rey". The main gripe is the tenacity mechanic. For instance, how about reworking tenacity up to "+X% per debuff suffered until end of encounter" instead of the semi-random block mechanic we have now? That would allow a lot more teams to be used with a bit of strategy and it would not affect the current teams relying on irresistible effects at all.

3. Make a mod management system. If you have a raid where you need to optimize your mods to be successful, you need to have a working system to do so. Otherwise, most players will play their suboptimal teams, as there really isn't much rewards anyway. It's also a matter of practising the teams you're building, you can't do that in a really meaningful way if you don't move mods, and you have no means to do so... so you're back to autoing a crap team, hoping someone else does the work for you before they move to a stronger guild
  • Options
    Mos_Gegan wrote: »
    What tier or tiers did you play? Tier 4
    What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 54 Mil
    What teams you did you attempt the raid with? Rebels, nightsisters, empire, phoenix, clones, jawas, teddybears, resistance.. random 85 gear 10-11 toons for chits and giggles....
    What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? nothing, as a 2.5mil GP player, i just auto now, due to how much i dislike the raid as a whole.
    What about the raid did you enjoy? I enjoyed the fact it was new, it ends there.
    What did you dislike about the raid? the random in atks (like Nihilus 2-3 times) makes it not worth even trying to get the protection off, worth for the rewards in the end. Effort vs reward is just not there..... click auto and dont give 2 chits, when its over its over and the pain will start again.

Why are you doing T4 at 2.5mil GP? If you have the right squads ready you can easily get into a Heroic Sith Raid guild I would think.

The answer is its a game and not a job. I enjoy the over all game.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Start another thread dude, stop with the F2P, multiple people have already tried to get this back onto the Sith Raid issue.....

no. I want it on this thread. just make your own comments on topic if you want to stay on that. the sith raid is just a symptom. if you are going to get a response it might as well be for the whole game.

Is "respecting people's time" #2 to #1 making money on the the CG value system? simple question, and we'll never need another 21 page thread if it is answered. its worth trying.
    @CG_SBCrumb

Ask it in another thread. Perhaps the one dedicated to our new CM is more appropriate since he asks what we would like to change about the game. He literally invited you to post about this there.

Your posts here have nothing to do with this raid which means you're trying to hijack it. That's incredibly selfish when you take into account the magnitude of posts from other players that care and are trying to be constructive in their criticism of a feature that is both important and broken.

You may not care about this raid getting fixed, but the other 20 pages seem to show you in a minority here. Bugger off mate!
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    Back to STR: I had a thought this moring about P1 & 4. Why not make Unbreakable Will a non-cleansable/non-spendable buff until enrage, and remove the taunt mechanic from the buff itself?

This would help some of the randomness with Nihilus by being able to accumulate the buff across an entire squad, at least until enrage wipes it out. Additionally, it would bring some incentive to create squads with a tank to actually draw the buff and taunt to force Nihilus to attack a buffed toon (at least intially). To make it really work, it would probably also need some way to get the buff onto the tank initially, hopefully under player control.

#thoughtshadwhile5xautoingP1
  • Options
    I was thinking, how come ships 2.0 received 43 pages of dislikes and there's only 20 pages here - but then I was like, right, a lot of people on here are likely doing Heroic, and it's not too bad then - it's only 2 days, rest between, etc. You don't burn out.
    This thread is really just us schmucks with 2.5-3 mil GP who don't want to leave our guild and so have to suffer for it. With multiple comments from devs over the years, I do think devs want to break up casual guilds and push higher GP people into more competitive guilds where peer pressure may induce greater spending.
    Maybe that's always been obvious, I could be slow. It's been a reoccurring theme in the game I dislike - I mean, a solid reason for me guppying on like I am is because of my guild, pretty sure (50/50) I'd stop if my guildies all left.
    Don't get me wrong, I want CG to profit too and keep the game going, but in this aspect I think new Content/Raids should try and induce guild solidarity, not immediately rip out the best players in each guild as the new Raid rat race commenceth.
    TL;DR: Ships 2.0 was made so bad we'd forget about the STR problem, clearly. Only answer.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ferdolima
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I was thinking, how come ships 2.0 received 43 pages of dislikes and there's only 20 pages here - but then I was like, right, a lot of people on here are likely doing Heroic, and it's not too bad then - it's only 2 days, rest between, etc. You don't burn out.
    This thread is really just us schmucks with 2.5-3 mil GP who don't want to leave our guild and so have to suffer for it. With multiple comments from devs over the years, I do think devs want to break up casual guilds and push higher GP people into more competitive guilds where peer pressure may induce greater spending.
    Maybe that's always been obvious, I could be slow. It's been a reoccurring theme in the game I dislike - I mean, a solid reason for me guppying on like I am is because of my guild, pretty sure (50/50) I'd stop if my guildies all left.
    Don't get me wrong, I want CG to profit too and keep the game going, but in this aspect I think new Content/Raids should try and induce guild solidarity, not immediately rip out the best players in each guild as the new Raid rat race commenceth.
    TL;DR: Ships 2.0 was made so bad we'd forget about the STR problem, clearly. Only answer.
    The sith Raid complaints are divide in 3 or 4 threads. They only open topics for update nothing but divide the complaints
  • Options
    Page 21 maybe?
  • Options
    AdlerCl wrote: »

Ask it in another thread. Perhaps the one dedicated to our new CM is more appropriate since he asks what we would like to change about the game. He literally invited you to post about this there.

Your posts here have nothing to do with this raid which means you're trying to hijack it. That's incredibly selfish when you take into account the magnitude of posts from other players that care and are trying to be constructive in their criticism of a feature that is both important and broken.

You may not care about this raid getting fixed, but the other 20 pages seem to show you in a minority here. Bugger off mate!

Somehow I don't think "all of the posts need to be on topic" is a factor in getting CG to reply....don't worry, your rid of me anyhow.
  • Options

I agree. and today I hung up my spurs and gave my account to my guildmate. this will be my last forum post and then done. there are many factors but one is definitely that I can't shake the suspicion that CG would rather I was gone. as part of handing over my account i looked at the google purchase history for my account and I spent $25 over 2 years. I would have been happy to spend up to $100 probably if the game was stable and reliable in what you get for your money. but since it isn't, I didn't. if that level of spending isn't enough to matter I with they would make it more clear what level is worthy of getting a response to a 20 page thread. oh well. it was fun while it lasted. fight on people if you are still having fun.

and fix the sith raid for AdlerCl please!
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Smygelfh wrote: »
    It's simple. If you're T6, you slog it out for days and get a kick in the groins as reward. If you do heroic, you work hard for 1-2 days and get useful full crafts and Traya shards.

The step from T6 to Heroic is "7* DT, a lot of Reys and a good deal of NS". That's no easy step to take. And while you wait for the event, you have (usually the ones contributing the most) people losing patience and moving to guilds already doing heroic, which means the step up gets infinitely long.

A clear and simple solution is available:

1. Increase the rewards on T6 and below. A lot. A factor of ten might not even be good enough. This might make it worth it for qualified people to stay with their progressing guild instead of feeling forced to move to a stronger one to keep up their progress.

If that's not possible for some weird reason, it needs to be less frustration in the raid:

The simple and only viable reward buff that makes lower tiers worth it is to offer only whole gear pieces for the most in demand gear for that level & buff the currency reward 2-3× (if we're expected to spend 3-5 days on it we should get rewards comperable to TB).

The thing is the devs already tries to nerf heroic tier gear payout when they realized it broke their intended gear 12 bottlenecks. They had to back down when guilds doing the heroic rebelled and said the vastly lower gear payout didn't make the raid worth doing. I think that says a lot about the flaws to the raid.

Essentially to make the rewards worth it the devs are realistically looking at having to erase the gear bottlenecks. Which I don't think would be a bad thing since credits, omegas, and zetas still impose limitations. But it would hurt their income from shipment gear sales.

Regardless they need to make a balance pass since the difficulty of lower tiers way exceeds what is reasonable to expect of the listed toon minimums (not the least of which is because you literally cannot have jtr if you only meet the minimum requirements). It's absurd that a tier 2 DN's basic & force drain abilities are a credible threat to my g11/g12 toons; the only thing that should be able to kill them at that tier is an OHK ability or enrage, all other attacks shouldn't put a dent in them.

Even after fixing obviously way overtuned bosses they only way, imo, they could keep the rewards as is IF they nerfed the raid so hard into the ground you could clear tier 1-6 faster than heroic rancor.
This discussion has been closed.