Sith Triumvirate Raid Feedback Thread

Replies

• veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Options
    Ive played tier 6, 5, and 4. The guild im in is in the 90 to 100 range on gp. My main teams have been nihilus lead sith, jt rey comps, nightsisters, cls lead rebel comps, then depending on the tier ill go with imperial troops, first order, or even the droids who have actually done well.
    Im motivated by the not so typical direction the devs have taken with this raid, i know nothing of the sith triumvirate being canon, like that should matter anyway, but i was starting to get the impression that we would only see new content based on canon material, to see boldness on this level has reinvigorated an already not dying motivation.
    I like the fact that autoing the raid is not possible. Awesome guys. I love star wars but i got into this game because i really missed the final fantasys and breath of fire type rpgs of yesterday they had the auto option too but i never battled kefka( last boss ff6)and hit the auto button, for me its an option you take when you dont feel like playing or have the time. The main dislike i have is the general difficulty with heroic level and the fact that traya is a nucleur bomb which many in my shard will pop up with before me otherwise all is good so far.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

We have received a wide range of feedback about the newest raid, The Sith Triumvirate and we would like to hear more about your experience. Please include the following information in addition to your feedback:
    • What tier or tiers did you play?
    • What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    • What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    • What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    • What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

My guild has 49M GP. We play tier iii exclusively, and even tier iii typically takes at least two days.

Most of our members use a rebel team. I've tried many variants with CLS, Rebels, Empire, Sith, bounty hunters, ABC, raid Han, etc. One member of the guild always carries, and he is the only one with JTR.

The raid is generally a grind and I only participate to help the guild. The resistance of every stage to every effect seems to remove so much of the fun. That, and the fact that the rewards are just not worth the time.
  • Options
    I just spent 15 minutes posting 6 million in damage on Sion on auto. This is after the guild officers spent all day chipping away at Nihilus. Second place has 3.7 million. Why would you bother to fight him? It's an awful experience, and you won't rank as high.

(My guild is currently running T2, and I battle at 10PM my time regardless of what boss is up. But most of our members *will not* fight Nihilus, and we can't afford to boot people who otherwise contribute right now. This raid is miserable.)
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    Options
    My handle is A New Hope and I love this game. Sadly, this raid makes it seem that hope is lost for at least the next year for me and my awesome, fun guild. Instead of reveling or at least enjoying the fruits of our mid-tier labors, we all have something to complain about together.

Guild GP: 72 mil

Our guild started doing T4, but that took a week, so we have dropped to alternating between T2 and T3, so we can use our raid tickets and get guild tokens more frequently. We'll do a T4 when we feel masochistic.

Shaman zader (Zader l, tusken shaman, zidious, thrawn, GMT or Nihilus) is the most useful squad I have, followed by the Haat closer (Akbar l, cls, asajj, bb8, zthrawn if I saved him) and Trooper / Zeers lead squads. I complete STR at rank 1 or 2, depending on how much I care about the raid on any given day, and depeneding on whether the sole JTR owner in our guild participates fully.

It's literally like a daily: do my dailies and then get my hits in STR, to help the guild complete the thing in a reasonable number of days.

Like everyone else, I agree that the reward to energy ratio sucks. Everyone in our guild hates this thing. It makes playing GoH a chore; not a pleasure. And all of us who chat in game say so.

Seeing the typical guild that completes Heroic is at 120 mil+, and that everyone needs JTR and KRU squads, our guild is at least a year away from heroic. Which would be totally acceptable in the meantime, if the effort we all had to put in resulted in something meaningful. Like Haat before we beat heroic. But it doesn't. Spending days for the T3 / T4 level reward just isn't worth it for most of us. So instead of throwing all 5 squads per day that we could, we throw our best single squad and leave it alone. Because again, it's Every. Single. Day.

I read the other comments from HSTR winners. HSTR is worth it. That's great news. That's a little Rey of sunshine. In my opinion, given the effort required for a guild to earn Traya, Traya should be an absolute GoH god, and good on those guilds who earned her.

Thank you for asking us what we think. Despite this post, I think overall, you guys are doing great. And CG Carrie, you're a standup leader to take so much control and responsibility. All of you: keep it up.
  • ANH
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My handle is A New Hope and I love this game. Sadly, this raid makes it seem that hope is lost for at least the next year for me and my awesome, fun guild. Instead of reveling or at least enjoying the fruits of our mid-tier labors, we all have something to complain about together.

Our guild started doing T4, but that took a week, so we have dropped to alternating between T2 and T3, so we can use our raid tickets and get guild tokens more frequently. We'll do a T4 when we feel masochistic.

Shaman zader is the most useful squad I have, followed by the Haat closer (Akbar l, cls, asajj, bb8, zthrawn) and Trooper / Zeers lead squads. I complete STR at rank 1 or 2, depending on how much I care about the raid on any given day, and depeneding on whether the sole JTR owner in our guild participates. It's literally like a daily: do my dailies and then get my hits in, to help lead the guild to complete the thing in a reasonable number of days.

Like everyone else, I agree that the reward to energy ratio sucks. Everyone in our guild hates this thing. It makes playing GoH a chore; not a pleasure. And all of us who chat in game say so.

Seeing the typical guild that completes Heroic is at 120 mil+, and that everyone needs JTR and KRU squads, our guild is at least a year away from heroic. Which would be totally acceptable in the meantime, if the effort we all had to put in resulted in something meaningful. Like Haat before we beat heroic. But it doesn't. Spending days for the T3 / T4 level reward just isn't worth it for most of us. So instead of throwing all 5 squads per day that we could, we throw our best single squad and leave it alone. Because again, it's Every. Single. Day.

I read the other comments from HSTR winners. HSTR is worth it. That's great news. That's a little ray of sunshine. In my opinion, given the effort required for a guild to earn Traya, Traya should be an absolute GoH god, and good on those guilds who earned her.

Thank you for asking us what we think. Despite this post, I think overall, you guys are doing great. And CG Carrie, you're a standup leader to take so much control and responsibility. All of you: keep it up.
  • Options
    We are 80mil gp
    Do t4 sometimes t5
    Use the best mix of toons that we've got.

This is how one of my fellow officers summed it up "my general feeling: it's godawful boring, a huge timesink, very RNG dependent, and bad rewards compared to the level of preparation and effort required."

1st problem is that the stacking tenacity is pure ****. This excludes a majority of players rosters from being usable and this you need highly special teams to do anything b but the minimumal amount of damage.

2nd it's far too time consuming for the prizes that you receive. Our guild does heroic on the other raids and maybe you'll invest 10-15 fun minutes into each raid when we run it, and get really good prizes for that time investment. On the other hand the sith raid take at least a half hour every day and there is always a sith raid running so it's a daily grind and the prizes are just terrible.

3rd P1 and P4 are long boring slogs that are just way too rng dependent. This causes a lot of our players to not even participate in the raid, which in turn makes them longer, more boring and less rewarding. Plus this puts the weight of the raids on a handful of more dedicated players, and I'll assume if this keeps up for too long that they are gonna leave or guild to look for green pastures, which in turn will hurt all the rest of us left in the guild after they leave.

So please fix this broken raid before it causes more disruptions in our guilds.
  • GambrinusKluk
    222 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We are 80mil gp
    Do t4 sometimes t5
    Use the best mix of toons that we've got.

This is how one of my fellow officers summed it up "my general feeling: it's godawful boring, a huge timesink, very RNG dependent, and bad rewards compared to the level of preparation and effort required."

1st problem is that the stacking tenacity is pure bull pucky. This excludes a majority of players rosters from being usable and this you need highly special teams to do anything but the minimumal amount of damage.

2nd it's far too time consuming for the prizes that you receive. Our guild does heroic on the other raids and maybe you'll invest 10-15 fun minutes into each raid when we run it, and get really good prizes for that time investment. On the other hand the sith raid take at least a half hour every day and there is always a sith raid running so it's a daily grind and the prizes are just terrible.

3rd P1 and P4 are long boring slogs that are just way too rng dependent. This causes a lot of our players to not even participate nin the raid, which in turn makes them longer, more boring and less rewarding. Plus this puts the weight of the raids on a handful of more dedicated players, and I'll assume if this keeps up for too long that they are gonna leave or guild to look for green pastures, which in turn will hurt all the rest of us left in the guild after they leave.

Please fix this broken raid before you cause any more strife in our guilds.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    Guild is 65mil GP we do tier 4
    I would prefer tier 3 because t4 is to difficult to enjoy for me, except dont need tier 3 rewards to low of level gear.

I use Nightsister, Rebels, Troopers, FO/Sith variant and then usually a rebel variant with BB-8 or droids.

I enjoy phase 2 against Sion. Testing limit of how much damage i can do yet still survive Traya is okay sometimes in p3 but p1 and 4 are not enjoyable at all. Just try really hard and barely get any dmg done.

Any Phase with Nihilus demotivates me to keep playing it and then a phase (4) with all of them is awful. Its tricky enough fighting Nihilus on his own.

I believe the raid just has to many things against us and limits us to much. Raid boss tenacity makes debuff reliant characters useless and cooldown reduction is powerful move. Annihilate is super hard to tell when to use special buff since Nihilus gains speed per hit and then if you do get it right sometimes he just decides not to use annihilate even tho its ready. And then even if you survived your usually as good as dead especially since Nihilus goes right through protection and just damages health and reduces cooldown incase you had healing move ready.

Often takes lots of retries just to get an okay score this goes for all phases which is very annoying cuz make one mistake half way through and then have to restart and there is no restart but so takes while when you retreat and start over and over.

Isolate is also very unenjoyable to go against because it ruins team synergies that you are atemping to use, just basically makes it pointless to build up teams you enjoy because if they require a whole team synergy they dont work. Also Taunting doesn't work half of the time cuz a light saber dispels it and then Traya isolates someone else.

Since they have to many counters (infinite tenacy, annihilate, cooldown reduction, stun, daze, isolate, speed gains ect) it just makes it really simple and boring because only Heavy damage dealers with turn meter gains and healers/revivers are good and we cant use all these fancy cool abilities most of our toons have now. It made me quite sad that Rogue 1 rebels my only g12 team is very awful in sith raid cuz all bosses stack tenacity and then they nerfed expose because Jtr teams were doing to much dmg further crippling R1 and not just on sith raid but all raids, just a slap in the face since R1 relies on expose.

I would say the biggest problem is not how hard it is but rewards are awful plain and simple. I would be content doing tier 1 if it was just that hard we had to. But the rewards should not be worse then Rancor. We usually do tier 4 because t3 rewards are useless, even tier 4 is not good. We can spend 15 minutes on Rancor and get better rewards then hours and loads of retries on sith.
  • Options
    Seems to me like there’s plenty of data points here.
  • Options
    Sitting on T4 with 90M GP, currently takes us 5-6 days to beat

Teams:
    - Wiggs, CLS, Han, R2
    - Imperial Troopers
    - Vader, Wampa + Boba
    - Nightsisters
    - AA, Leia, BB-8 and Death Trooper

Ph1 Nihilus is the biggest waste of time, my guild has given up. Ph2 and 3 are reasonably enjoyable. Ph4 is ok except for Nihilus again.

Cons:
    - Too much HP. It doesn’t make the raid harder, just an absolute time sinkhole.
    - Stacking tenacity makes almost every toon useless and doesn’t broaden the team requirement but massively limits it. My guild mostly autos since there is no real point of trying to strategize.
    - Rewards are the biggest slap in the face at the end, after each raid I seriously consider whether it is worth relaunching the raid.

Pros:
    - TM reduction immunity on Sion is cool, but still way too much tenacity for anything else to work.
    - It’s a new raid... which is nice?
  • Options
    Hi

What tier or tiers did you play? Tier 5

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 80M

What teams you did you attempt the raid with? Classic CLS, Classic Palpatine, First Order, Wedge Biggs, Fenix

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? Demotivated about rewards and Nihilus mechanisms, motivated: nothing (I'm still playing out of respect for the guild's friends)

What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid? Completely disappointed

Regards
  • Aesuarez
    14 posts Member
    Options
    1) What tier or tiers did you play?

We're currently doing T6, but not too long ago we were doing T5

2) What GP is your guilg that is attempting the raid?

We're a 110M GP guild, personally I'm 1,8Mil GP

3) What teams you did the attempt the raid with?

P1: zzzCLS(L), zzR2, GK, Rex, zHan
    zVeers, zThrawn, DT, Snow, Magma
    Constantly trying out other teams but can't find anything useful as most rely on assists, counters or debuffs.

P2: zzzCLS, zzR2, GK, Rex, zHan
    zVeers, zThrawn, DT, Snow, zStarck
    Sabine Phoenix (no zetas)
    Princess Zody

P3: ChexMix
    zVeers, zThrawn, zStarck, Snow, Magma/Shore
    GK, Zarriss + 3 Attackers
    Princess Zody
    Sabine Phoenix

P4: Usually skip DN when possible, then throw similar teams as P2 or P3

4) What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?

Motivations: eventually getting to heroic. Helping my guild out. Trying to remain at top 10 scores.

Demotivators: terrible rewards. The raid is too long and it's exhausting. On busy days I just thrown my CLS team on auto to make sure I post some damage. Also, constantly having to reset attempts because of RNG, such as not timing UW correctly in P1, wrong character getting isolated in P3. Also, not understanding some mechanics such as why some characters get Remove Isolation and others Remove Bonds of Weakness in P3, making it impossible to plan strategies.

5) What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?

Enjoy: mostly P2. It's the only part of the raid that makes some sense and where mechanics are easy to grasp, on which I can do some nice damage without constantly resetting. Too bad it's done in less than a day. Now that I have a halfway decent ChexMix team I kinda enjoy P3, but it's still too RNG dependant to actually get a good score without resetting a lot.

Dislike: Nihilus. It's just evil. Regenerating protection on top of a enormous health pool means some people barely make a scratch on him. Also, the completely unpredictable mechanics of him using Annihilate, the incredibly random cooldowns depending on buffs, which I can't be bothered to learn because either way I'm not getting good enough damage without a JTR team. The fact that I can't use basics but Force Drain increases cooldowns on specials. It's just completely unbalanced. On top of it all, it's everyone's least favorite part, so usually people try to avoid hitting him resulting in at least 2 days chipping away at his health. I also dislike seeing my guildmates who have JTR getting 30-40k total throughout the raid while I'm struggling to get a 13k score. It's completely demoralizing, and I actually end up around top 10-15 (best ranking was 8).
    On a lesser note, it's just too complicated. Maybe it's me being demotivated but I can't be bothered to actually try to get more than a rudimentary understanding of the mechanics for a raid that doesn't give out good rewards, takes too long to finish, it's far too dependant on RNG even if I bothered doesn't let me use most of my roster, and overall isn't fun at all.
  • Options
    What tier or tiers did you play?
    Currently running T3, have completed T4 in the past but not worth the additional time and effort

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid?
    53M GP

What teams you did you attempt the raid with?
    Thrawn lead empire, Phoenix, Wedge lead rebels, First Order, Leftovers (newer player)

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying?
    Most of the guild hates it so much that its pulling teeth to get anyone to participate other than P2/P3 which finish in an hour. Rewards are bad enough that we can't justify making attendance on an event that people hate mandatory to progress. So we are stuck at least a tier below what we could actually finish without capping tickets, and it is hard to be one of the only ones putting in effort. This dissonance has destroyed guilds gamewide. Main reason I put in any effort at all is that the guild currency does add up and without it I would fall even further behind the folks that jumped to more hardcore guilds.

What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
    I enjoyed learning the mechanics of the raid to post above average damage with a below average roster, but the mechanics itself are objectively pretty terrible, mostly nihilus. There's just too much to juggle, and the protection steal mechanics are just unnecessary.

Phase 1 needs a raid special ability allowing a unit to skip a turn, that is unaffected by Nihilus' cooldown from drain force, in order to shed defense down when other skills are on cooldown. It is bad design to corner players into having only the option to hurt themselves with an action (attacking with basic with defense down debuff). I actually prefer P4 to P1, despite more going on, simply because Sion is always there to hit when you get defense down and need to shed it.

I also feel like giving the defense down from nihilus a special icon and mouseover description would make things more intuitive for players, as many seem not to notice that nihilus steals protection when they have defense down, since its a common debuff that we see all over the game and usually has nothing special attached. Would be a nice QoL move for newer or casual players.
  • Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

We have received a wide range of feedback about the newest raid, The Sith Triumvirate and we would like to hear more about your experience. Please include the following information in addition to your feedback:

@CG_SBCrumb here is what you asked for. Best of luck to you in the position and welcome to the team. A tough initial task for you.

o T6 upon release to unlock Heroic (two weeks to complete)
    o Dropped down to T5 until 5/10/18 (last T5 completed took 3 days)
    o Bumped up to T6 to check progress (Took 4.5 days to complete – one full day was spent with Nihilus in P4 due to guilds team compositions to DMG Nihilus)
    o 98 - 114 Million (From time of STR release until now)
    o JTR (zJTR, R2-Z2, zBB-8, Visas, SRey)
    o Troopers (Zeers, Starck, DT, Shore, Snow)
    o Rebels (CLS, Biggs, Wedge, rHan, pLeia)
    o PS (Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Sabine, Ezra)
    o FO (zKRU, Kylo, FOTFP, FOSFTP, FOX)
    o Dark Side (Zader, EzP, Zion, Thrawnz, Nihilus)
    - The only part that motivated me were my guild mates who always scored higher than me. I made it a point to myself to try and out score them (I’ve come close once to placing at the #1 spot, but score in top 3). This was to better myself as a player and to benefit my guild. If it weren’t for that I wouldn’t honestly care about this raid; not even to unlock Darth Traya.
    - De-motivators - Let the list begin:
    1. The fact that to make the raid difficult the bosses were given the ability to attack twice during a turn who either ignore protection (Nihilus) or crush you like a tank (Sion). Why do they get two, maybe three attacks, and I only get one, 2 or 3 if running Vader lead, which in turn renders useless because of Nihilus’ defense down and feeding him protection.
    2. The horrendous so-called “rewards” you receive after completing the raid. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND you think twice about making a 40% rate which was discussed previously. A 100% drop rate for the current GXII pieces and a 50-60% chance for new pieces would be acceptable I think.
    3. The constant re-starts and re-runs to get decent RNG to be able to post a somewhat decent score. I’m sorry I have a family and a job, I shouldn’t have to make a get out plan like I do with my stock investments of 3-5 runs and I’m done because of the amount of time required for this “raid.”
    4. The fact that it made mandatory rules within our guild for specific team farming; minimum daily damage inputs, or receive a strike (by the way three strikes and you’re removed from the guild); and making this raid feel like I have yet another job.
    - Dislikes:
    1. The RNG of Nihilus when he has no cooldowns and all his abilities are available to him.
    2. The ridiculous stacking tenacity that puts Vaders DOTS or Sions Pain difficult to place on the boss to make effective.
    3. The absolute stacking speed of Darth Traya to where she pommels your character and you’re asking yourself will I get a turn.
    4. The fact that there are only specific teams which can power through a solid percentage of this raid (JTR in P1 and NS in P4). I’m not looking for 5 teams to do 10%+, but when you only have two teams that can do this and the rest is a whopping 1-3%; come on.
    5. The length of time required to finish this raid. If not doing hSTR then make more daily teams available; especially due to my de-motivator #2 (horrendous so-called “rewards”).
    6. The fact that solid MODS are required for each toon to increase effectiveness and yet they’re hard to farm (RNGesus again) and then your MOD energy is also tied to node farms (NOT FUN).
    7. Nihilus always starting off at 100% protection. No other character in the raid has protection. I’d be ok with the protection regeneration if it weren’t for the 100% protection re-start he gets.
    8. The fact that expose damage was cut by 50% simply because it cleared the raid faster and the health reduction of the bosses was not what you would call “in-line” with the expose nerf.
    9. In-line with my de-motivator #4, but the amount of times spent offline in airplane mode, do you even see that data (I’m going to assume no). So you don’t even really have a “true” idea of the amount of time some people put into their runs. The only consensus you really would have is people talking about the number of runs they have to do (if they’re being honest if they even mention the number of runs in which they conduct).
    10. The fact that in P3 if Traya’s Isolate is not on a CD of three you need to sacrifice a team just in order to try and maximize a JTR score (we don’t run Heroic, so we’re still able to use the JTR team comp here)
    11. [Guild Member Input] States he finds it boring since it’s repetitive and he has fully learned every mechanic it offers. He has more fun in HAAT because you can throw whatever you want at it and perform decently, while STR seems to be much more limited to the teams which can be utilized.
    12. [Guild Member Input] It is not enjoyable to play, it takes too long and is very, very repetitive. He does the raid and will continue to develop his team's, because he feels a responsibility to the guild and because it’s becoming fairly apparent that Traya will lead to an us and them situation more than the previous 2 raid characters; who while very, very good aren't absolutely necessary to be competitive.
    13. [Guild Member Input] Built his Gar Saxon team starting like a year ago and was excited that he could throw a deathmark on someone and have a pretty **** good chance of knocking them out or putting a solid dent in them and now to have it be worthless against Nihilus and only effective against Sion and Traya is incredibly frustrating. This member significantly struggled to even put up 1 million dmg between 5 squads in T6 and is nearly F2P with a small pack ($10) here or there.
    14. The STR putting the icing on the cake for long time, high GP members to quit the game.
    15. The fact that I vent on our guilds discord channel and have the thought of quitting this game due to all the dislikes and de-motivators that have been mentioned for this raid alone; you don’t even want to get me started on the RNGesus of this game!

1. The “idea” of using a heavy roster; however, it fails because of #2 and #4 in my dislikes.
    2. P2 I like just because I don’t soothe and I just try to put out MAX DMG, but once we start hSTR this will change as there are no character refreshes and I will now have to spread my roster out.
    3. The fact that KOTOR was brought into the game.
    4. The fact that something which went against game mechanics (I.E. – stHan) was fixed. This IS NOT the same as my #8 dislike (expose nerf) as this was a functioning mechanic implemented by developers.

Hope this helps.

Very Respectfully,

Rangkor
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    • What tier or tiers did you play? Tier 4 and 5
    • What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 105 mil
    • What teams you did you attempt the raid with? various depends of the phase we were sticking: Zader+Zidious; CLS Rebels; Jawas+Healer; Asajj Nightsisters; Boba+IG-88 Bountyhunters; Kylo unmasked FO; Phoenix; Zeers Imperial Troopers
    • What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? sorry to say so but there are no motivations in this raid. demotivations are: RNG, tiny scrap rewards
    • What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid? sorry to say so but there is nothing to enjoy. the biggest dislike is the reward! we have to play several days for reward, it costs us hours of hours every single day, and we get a tiny scrap reward for Tier5! honestly a place50 in rancorraid gives better rewards than place 1 in sithraid!

Please change the rewards! there are really really awful!!! as long as you can´t play heroic you can also run tier 1 of sithraid, it doesn´t matter the rewards in tier1 and also in tier6 are awful and not worth for that timeinvestment

if you do not want to increase rewards a 100 times more than now (all because of the extremly necassary timeinvestment) than please change tier1 to tier6 to a point so we can do 5 times autobattle with our troops and still have the same pointresults as now with hours of hours wasting time

• Options
    What tier or tiers did you play? 5
    What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid? 80 but actual 50
    What teams you did you attempt the raid with? P1: JTR team, P2: troopers, P3: Chex mix, P4: Sisters and garbage
    What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? Positive: P1 is funny (but only for people who unlocked Rey), P2 super fast, P3 I like the team mechanic. Negative: rewards, Shield of Nihilus, Nihilus' power of ignoring your protection. P4 in general is awful.

It's ok for me to not gain any shard of the most powerfull character you've ever created. What I cannot stand is the completely rubbish I'm earning with P4-P5.

Because you were too kind to raise the quality of rewards, that you decided to low down again it after a week.
    Seems legit.
  • Options
    Mc_Iavell wrote: »
    It's ok for me to not gain any shard of the most powerfull character you've ever created. What I cannot stand is the completely rubbish I'm earning with P4-P5.

Well put. I'm f2p. I don't expect Traya shards. But. I do want rewards that correlate to my time and effort.

• Options
    IV and sometimes V but we do not want to lose raid tickets
    94M
    JTR Empire Imperial Troops Rebels Droids First order
    The coninual slog with little or no reward only 50-75% of the guild participate due to the lack of rewards and the slog of it.
    What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid.
    Initially the challenge of working out new teams to use but the monotony drags and terrible rewards.
    We know it is supposed to be hard but this is not hard it is boring and poorly rewarded the RNG is terrible Nihilus is unpredictable too and phase 4 is just an ache.
    As a guild we are so far off a tier V on a regular basis let alone VI and VII. We cannot motivate members/officers to contribute enough. Needs a rethink in my opinion.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was meant to provide newer, higher level content to keep people interested, but what it's actually done is drive people away. People have left my guild (and the game) because it has ramped up the time requirement to remain relevant so much. The rewards are not at all worth the time commitment. And it's just.. not... fun... We have people posting 0 just because they hate it so much, not because it's too hard or they aren't ready.

If they want people to be engaged in this way, they need to take away all the 'gotcha's that were built into the raid to make almost every team ineffective.

Find a way to make something challenging for players without using the cheap "But you can't use this!" "But you can't do that!" ways of holding people back.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    Options
    I also meant to say, the raid is so boring and frustrating, and the rewards are so not worth the effort, that almost everyone just hits auto and leaves it at that. Sure, we could get more underwhelming gear by repeating the raid more often if everyone squeezed the raid for a little more damage, but for very few people is all that time worth it.
  • Options
    caldera wrote: »
    I also meant to say, the raid is so boring and frustrating, and the rewards are so not worth the effort, that almost everyone just hits auto and leaves it at that.

Thread closed?

I reckon that post nails it.

• Westvleteren12
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Are the devs reading any of this? I find it amazing to see so many comments about how this raid is killing guilds and killing this game, with nothing but silence in response.

There is obvious frustration with the raid mechanics and the requirement for JTR, but the single action that would be the biggest immediate help would be to make the rewards for T6 and below commensurate with the time involved.

@carrie, what are you waiting for?
  • Options
    Are the devs reading any of this? I find it amazing to see so many comments about how this raid is killing guilds and killing this game, with nothing but silence in response.

There is obvious frustration with the raid mechanics and the requirement for JTR, but the single action that would be the biggest immediate help would be to make the rewards for T6 and below commensurate with the time involved.

I think it's a fairly good assumption that the thread is being read and monitored. Hence the questions were asked. And the feedback seems fairly overwhelming. I'm pretty confindent that changes will be made. But it's like turning a ship. Can't be done quickly. I think we need to be patient.
  • ShabbaTheHutt
    11 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    T4 and T5

What GP is your Guild that is attempting the raid
    84m

JTR, Chexmix, Imp. Troopers., Nightsisters, Empire

What part of the raid motivated or demotivated you to continue trying? / What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
    P2 and P3 are enjoyable. P1 is OK, but annihilate being unpredictable kind of ruins it (despite WAI), P4 is just horrible - way too much to consider with every move. T4 was doable for our guild in about 36-48hrs, but the jump to T5 makes it take over a week, which is unacceptable for most players and so people lose interest and tickets get wasted whilst the raid drags on... Personally, the protection gain on Nihilus needs to go and then this raid would be more enjoyable overall.

Above all else, the exclusivity of Treya and the fact that she is a distant dream for most players is what grinds me and my guild the most. The lower tiers just seem...pointless.

• ANH
    25 posts Member
    Options

Shaman zader is the most useful squad I have, followed by the Haat closer (Akbar l, cls, asajj, bb8, zthrawn) and Trooper / Zeers lead squads. I complete STR at rank 1 or 2, depending on how much I care about the raid on any given day, and depeneding on whether the sole JTR owner in our guild participates. It's literally like a daily: do my dailies and then get my hits in, to help lead the guild to complete the thing in a reasonable number of days.

I read the other comments from HSTR winners. HSTR is worth it. That's great news. That's a little ray of sunshine. In my opinion, given the effort required for a guild to earn Traya, Traya should be an absolute GoH god, and good on those guilds who earned her.

• Options

I assume the go to answer is that the developers are busy with mountains of other work and the PR guy is new.
  • Options
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    I think the main point we are getting repeated to us is that this raid takes too much time for too little reward.
    Why do the other raids not generate this much dislike? Simply put... they are quick to do and generate good rewards. I’m sorry but you’ve completely missed the mark with this raid. Other than whale guilds and you tubers no one has the time to put into this ONE part of your game. Because of this, guilds are dying.

Conversely, I love TW. The best idea you’ve come up with in a long while! Two days worth of fun with a reward. And it actually brings guilds together as a team in combat. Who can argue with that!

As much as I dislike the matching system for TW, I do like what you've said. I would like to add, that guilds are imploding more due to the casual vs hardcore mentality. Guild loyalty isn't factored into this raid. People would rather consolidate into a "stronger" guild than help build other members. IMHO, the raid is over the top difficult, but at the same time most of the F2P player base doesn't care to stop working on other areas of the game, just to start building teams for the heroic sith raid.
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    Options
    T5, T6, T7 (2 failed runs and then 8 successful runs and counting)

136 GP to 140 GP (present)

Standard Comps:
    P1 JRT (Maxed out 100%)
    P2 Phoenix, Palp, Troopers, Leia Spam
    P3 Chexmix
    P4 Nihilis - N/A
    P4 Sion - KRU
    P4 Traya Only - Sink

Motivators:
    Traya, Full G12, beating heroic, farming the right compositions to beat each particular phase
    Demotivators:
    Restarting a phase to get proper RNG to deal proper damage resulting in time commitment from 15 minutes to north of 60 minutes for P1 and P3

What about the raid did you enjoy? What did you dislike about the raid?
    Like:
    Requires most of the guild to participate
    Requires the right team comps to beat heroic tier
    Requires foresight in preparation for team mod sets, team setup and in raid attack sequencing and interaction
    Traya is exclusive
    Dislike:
    Anti-fun/creativity raid mechanics including stacking tenacity and boss RNG attack sequence 2x vs 3x
    The previous poor attempt to flatten all rewards specifically impacting heroic players hurting their time and effort investments.
  • Options
    I find it amusing that all this thread has done is echo all the things that have already been said. Multiple times. Multiple ways.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options

I've actually landed on a similar but opposite conclusion.

A big problem with this raid is that at T5 and T6 (especially), that a guild could blow this out in 12 hours, or could need 2 weeks. And it's just impossible to balance rewards against time investment in that situation. Instead of trying to tune rewards up against the possibility that a guild could need weeks to complete a tier I think instead they should tune T1 - T6 down to be inline with how the heroic raid operates, and install the 48 hour cap on all tiers.

When it takes even 4 or 5 days to beat a tier, the rewards will *always* feel like a cruel kick in the teeth. So just make this not be possible and tune the tiers to match. There's already a bizarre shift in the raid mechanics when you jump from T6 to Heroic - so let's just eliminate that, and stop this nonsense where guilds are spending 10+ days trying to beat a tier. The huge play arc time on finishing T5/6 is burning guilds down. Players quickly get fatigued and then the 'star players' in the guild are left trying to drag 45 other members through the most brutal phases in the raid.

So just take away this X kajillion HP nonsense and make all the tiers function like Heroic in terms of team, battle, and time restrictions.
This discussion has been closed.