Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• miaage
    31 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good for you. Your shard isn't as competitive as mine. We are g12+3 on most. Our whale is bigger than you. Like i said almost complete. Diversity does not exist. Been on top of fleet myself since day 1. This is a bait and switch for greed. How would you like if your cable company just cut off half your channels and then tell you that you will be happier for it? Doubt that would fly in that instance right, then why should it be ok here?

Yeah and i do have all the ships 7*, whoopee. Been working on all my pilots also. The "new meta" dont holdup against thrawn and what is there. I see a Home One on my climb thats my target because it dont work. Not a whale but i could put my fleet against anything and win.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    Options
    first tw with that ships disaster also known as ships 2.0 -> timeout! that is so ridiculous, i never ran into timeout with none of my 4 capships in tw with the better version of ships, not even close to 5minutes... and with the new and worst version of ships: timeout! ... please CG we need a rollback to prior state^^
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Ripley_N7 wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for almost 3 years now. I'm F2P, and I'm doing my best to keep myself competitive. I've been logging every day from the day one, and I'm investing a significant amount of time in this game. Let me be clear - I love it, and I will do my best to keep the tone of this post constructive, ant to avoid rage.

Ever since I first heard of introducting a Fleet Arena into a game, I kept following posts and videos, and tried to prepare as best as i could for it. The first day it was introduced, I spent 100 crystals to battle and climb to #1 in my shard. Ever since I've been fighting every day to stay in top 3. Hell, I've even made a pact with my wife to let me be available for battles around my payout time (and have to do some chores IRL in return :s). I invested really hard in my ships and my crew so I can continue competing in my really tough shard. There are a couple of whales there too, and all this time I managed to keep myself #1- #3 every day. I now have more than 1500 battles in fleet arena.
    And I'm writing all of this so you don't mix me up with some noob.

Now, Fleet arena 1.0 wasn't perfect and it definitely needed a change, but it really, really didn't need Fleet arena 2.0 as is :(. It needed more ships, more crew, some balance changes, but not the complete overhaul.
    Again, I've followed forum talks about it, watched game changers' videos about it, and yet again did my best to prepare myself. I was skeptical towards comments stating it will be even more RNG dependent, tried to convince myself that devs actually know what they are doing making such a big change to a game etc. Unfortunately, after couple of days of battling, I now have to agree with those, and I have to somehow accept the fact that devs absolutely do not care about community, have absolutely no respect for people investing huge amount of time collecting, leveling and gearing their characters, and that everything they do is have a sole purpose of making money. I'm not even mad about that. It's a good game and they deserve the money. I'm mad about them trying to convince us that what they do is for our own good!
    "Hey, Fleet arena seems broken, so we will now do something that will completely change fleet experience and blow your mind" is what they have been trying to sell us. And what they actually do? Nerf ships people invested months collecting and empowering and introducing new "reinforcement materials" available mostly if you invest $$ (yes, I'm aware they are available in cantina, but please, do not make me start about drop rate there). Now, the game have been running on this principle since forever, only now I'm really sick of the hypocrisy :(

And now back to RNG dependency and "versatility", "improved tactics" and "hundreds of new options".
    Before I start, I wanna state I'm still #1 - #3, so this is not "I lost my rank due to the update" rant. It is one huge: SHIPS ARE NOT FUN ANYMORE statement.

The battle is now COMPLETELY RNG dependent... You still have the same starting lineup in every team: Chimaera, Biggs, TF and TIE Advanced/FOTF, only now you actually DO NOT HAVE a luxury of tactics, only prayer. You pray that your TIE fighter goes first (even if he is faster, and I would really like to see official explanation on why faster ships now don't go first), than pray that he will inflict target lock. My experience: you will inflict TL 1 out of 5 times (I'm talking here only about first shot every game). AI on the other hand, landed TL every single effin time! After that you pray again. If you are up against FOT Fighter, you pray it won't shoot a second time (he always does) and he won't land TL both times (and miraculously, he always does). Than, if his TF didn't evade, you pray your Chimaera will go first even if it is faster than opponent's, and hit your Tractor Beam. After that, AI Chimaera does the same. From there, you are again in mercy of RNG, which somehow always favors the AI. Guys, cmon, AI's Biggs evades 3 times more than my TF!!! It's ridiculous!
    The reinforcements they boasted about so much, how they are now crucial, how they will change the course of battlefield... it's complete bull****. I understand that they will MAYBE have more impact once their "enter the battle" abilities are maxed, but right now, they do next to nothing to change the course of the battle. Slave I gains taunt... really??? He is not even a tank!!! And he already was super squishy, and now you put him a giant target on the forehead? And given aforementioned RNG, he is dead before his next turn. Did not they have testers doing hundreds of battles, trying so called "hundreds of options"? Honestly, I don't think they have, for they would have known that 90% of the battles will be the same.

I base all of this upon my experience in doing 10-15 battles every day ever since Fleet Arena 2.0 was introduced (as now I have to pay 50-100 crystals to stay/win #1). And again, I am not a random noob, and I really know what I'm talking about when I talk about ships.

So, I'm not gonna say "please bring back old ships" as they never will, because by doing that they would have to admit that they screwed this up, and spent time and money developing something bad.
    I just wish to see their official response to ever growing number of posts complaining about this feature. They simply cannot ignore it, and they cannot say "there are a lot of people liking it" as there is not. They are minority now. And I would like to see how exactly this helps old, devoted players keep being strong and competitive.

And do not get me wrong - I will continue to play the game.

This post is basically one big "+1" to all other posts stating Fleet Arena 2.0 does not work as advertised and is, unfortunately, completely RNG dependent now, hoping devs will see and address all of them.

I agree with some points, but honestly I see it more long term...
    3?! It’s 2.5!
    Unless you started playing before...
    Do you own a time machine?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    miaage wrote: »
    I see a lot ofd posts here trying to defend this change. Bottom line is this... Even the whales that actually already have all thier inventory maxed or really close are not happy. This forced lineup isn't legitimate it don't work or else we would be seeing it in the top 10 by now. My shard has a whale that is maxed and no variety from him anymore. He had the ships and was constantly trying new things. Honestly I've seen more variety before the update. Now no variety at all. Same old ****. I have to follow the opinion of a whale that actually has the toons and ships up to par. This is BAD.

And you...
    I feel bad for you that you don’t like this update and think people shouldn’t defend it, but I will still firmly believe that the devs haven’t lost their minds. This update is meant for the long run functionality of ships. I agree that the needs were unjustified, and being a f2p guy who’s never been a big fan of ship battles, it’s a struggle to get where you want to be.

But right now the only solution there is can be trying new things. With this change, who knows what ships can be played well, unless orchestrated by a strategy concerned person. I have a feeling the whale in your shard is more of “buy the best stuff,” and less strategy. That’s what a lot of whales are.

Don’t hate defenders, just accept their opinion. Well I try to persuade you to believe this update has potential, I still respect your opinion, and agree that it has valid points.

We also need a lot more ships, is somebody working on that...?
  • Dblade21
    169 posts Member
    Options
    miaage wrote: »
    Good for you. Your shard isn't as competitive as mine. We are g12+3 on most. Our whale is bigger than you. Like i said almost complete. Diversity does not exist. Been on top of fleet myself since day 1. This is a bait and switch for greed. How would you like if your cable company just cut off half your channels and then tell you that you will be happier for it? Doubt that would fly in that instance right, then why should it be ok here?

Yeah and i do have all the ships 7*, whoopee. Been working on all my pilots also. The "new meta" dont holdup against thrawn and what is there. I see a Home One on my climb thats my target because it dont work. Not a whale but i could put my fleet against anything and win.

Same with my fleet. We have over 50 active climbers throughout the timezone, including 14 in my payout alone. Everyone on the shard has the same g12.5, running the same ships. Average gp is 3.5m, we have our share of whales. But we are adapting instead of complaining. My mace fleet on offense I'll put against anyone else. On defense, the AI is always an issue, no matter what you run.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Ripley_N7 wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for almost 3 years now. I'm F2P, and I'm doing my best to keep myself competitive. I've been logging every day from the day one, and I'm investing a significant amount of time in this game. Let me be clear - I love it, and I will do my best to keep the tone of this post constructive, ant to avoid rage.

Ever since I first heard of introducting a Fleet Arena into a game, I kept following posts and videos, and tried to prepare as best as i could for it. The first day it was introduced, I spent 100 crystals to battle and climb to #1 in my shard. Ever since I've been fighting every day to stay in top 3. Hell, I've even made a pact with my wife to let me be available for battles around my payout time (and have to do some chores IRL in return :s). I invested really hard in my ships and my crew so I can continue competing in my really tough shard. There are a couple of whales there too, and all this time I managed to keep myself #1- #3 every day. I now have more than 1500 battles in fleet arena.
    And I'm writing all of this so you don't mix me up with some noob.

Now, Fleet arena 1.0 wasn't perfect and it definitely needed a change, but it really, really didn't need Fleet arena 2.0 as is :(. It needed more ships, more crew, some balance changes, but not the complete overhaul.
    Again, I've followed forum talks about it, watched game changers' videos about it, and yet again did my best to prepare myself. I was skeptical towards comments stating it will be even more RNG dependent, tried to convince myself that devs actually know what they are doing making such a big change to a game etc. Unfortunately, after couple of days of battling, I now have to agree with those, and I have to somehow accept the fact that devs absolutely do not care about community, have absolutely no respect for people investing huge amount of time collecting, leveling and gearing their characters, and that everything they do is have a sole purpose of making money. I'm not even mad about that. It's a good game and they deserve the money. I'm mad about them trying to convince us that what they do is for our own good!
    "Hey, Fleet arena seems broken, so we will now do something that will completely change fleet experience and blow your mind" is what they have been trying to sell us. And what they actually do? Nerf ships people invested months collecting and empowering and introducing new "reinforcement materials" available mostly if you invest $$ (yes, I'm aware they are available in cantina, but please, do not make me start about drop rate there). Now, the game have been running on this principle since forever, only now I'm really sick of the hypocrisy :(

And now back to RNG dependency and "versatility", "improved tactics" and "hundreds of new options".
    Before I start, I wanna state I'm still #1 - #3, so this is not "I lost my rank due to the update" rant. It is one huge: SHIPS ARE NOT FUN ANYMORE statement.

The battle is now COMPLETELY RNG dependent... You still have the same starting lineup in every team: Chimaera, Biggs, TF and TIE Advanced/FOTF, only now you actually DO NOT HAVE a luxury of tactics, only prayer. You pray that your TIE fighter goes first (even if he is faster, and I would really like to see official explanation on why faster ships now don't go first), than pray that he will inflict target lock. My experience: you will inflict TL 1 out of 5 times (I'm talking here only about first shot every game). AI on the other hand, landed TL every single effin time! After that you pray again. If you are up against FOT Fighter, you pray it won't shoot a second time (he always does) and he won't land TL both times (and miraculously, he always does). Than, if his TF didn't evade, you pray your Chimaera will go first even if it is faster than opponent's, and hit your Tractor Beam. After that, AI Chimaera does the same. From there, you are again in mercy of RNG, which somehow always favors the AI. Guys, cmon, AI's Biggs evades 3 times more than my TF!!! It's ridiculous!
    The reinforcements they boasted about so much, how they are now crucial, how they will change the course of battlefield... it's complete bull****. I understand that they will MAYBE have more impact once their "enter the battle" abilities are maxed, but right now, they do next to nothing to change the course of the battle. Slave I gains taunt... really??? He is not even a tank!!! And he already was super squishy, and now you put him a giant target on the forehead? And given aforementioned RNG, he is dead before his next turn. Did not they have testers doing hundreds of battles, trying so called "hundreds of options"? Honestly, I don't think they have, for they would have known that 90% of the battles will be the same.

I base all of this upon my experience in doing 10-15 battles every day ever since Fleet Arena 2.0 was introduced (as now I have to pay 50-100 crystals to stay/win #1). And again, I am not a random noob, and I really know what I'm talking about when I talk about ships.

So, I'm not gonna say "please bring back old ships" as they never will, because by doing that they would have to admit that they screwed this up, and spent time and money developing something bad.
    I just wish to see their official response to ever growing number of posts complaining about this feature. They simply cannot ignore it, and they cannot say "there are a lot of people liking it" as there is not. They are minority now. And I would like to see how exactly this helps old, devoted players keep being strong and competitive.

And do not get me wrong - I will continue to play the game.

This post is basically one big "+1" to all other posts stating Fleet Arena 2.0 does not work as advertised and is, unfortunately, completely RNG dependent now, hoping devs will see and address all of them.

Just curious how do you do 10-15 battles a day without spending crystals and know what you are talking about? Those 10 extra attacks cost 100 crystals to refresh twice. There are some good points in this novel though.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    It STILL blows my mind that when faced with a complaint about ship diversity, instead of introducing new ships and capital ships that can counter the meta, they decided to cut the amount of ships you use in half and nerf the ships people spent months grinding out.

CG:
    *pushes fan base down*
    *looks apologetic, reaches out hand to help them up*
    *pulls hand away and laughs as fan base falls back down*
    *urinates on fanbase*
    "How do you like our increased communication?!?"
    *Gamechangers applaud so they don't lose access*

And no one noticed they dropped this update and took a 4 day weekend to celebrate Memorial Day. I’m sure there is a scramble going on at cig head quarters today.
  • Nokhai
    174 posts Member
    Options
    So this is what i have noticed so far : i am using and i will continue to use Tarkin's capital ship no matter what.Before the update my fleet team couldn't beat a Chimaera lead fleet team and even though i was having a 440 k power team i barely managed to stay in the "top" 200/250.Now,since the update,i just hit top 40 and Chimaera teams are a walk in the park for my Executrix.Even though they manage to use their special if i have 3 or 4 ships in the battle i only loose 1 or 2 and that is enough for me to use Tarkin's special in the next turn.But most of the battles end pretty quick and i only loose Biggs's ship.Go Tarkin! :)
  • miaage
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I have already stated my discontent over this rework. I have given my reasons. I am adding more perspective that this is bad business. Work hard on something to get it squashed...real nice. This is a failure to do anything that was said. Shorter battles... No
    More diverse... No
    A way to create more variables... No

What needed to be donw could have been done with tweaking and new ships. I don't know about anyone else but my achievements say 15/20 dark side ships... Hmmm. Something seems missing.
  • Options
    I gave it the long weekend before posting (also, busy).
    The stated goal of making combat faster is NOT happening, maybe a little in the TW - as week TW ships are now real easy to bat away - but in Arena the battles are going longer - there is less fire power to focus on taking down ships and so it just goes on. We were told faster fights - this is not what we got.

RNG is so much more of an issue. Small things that wouldn't have made a huge deal previous can now throw a match much easier. We were told it'd be more tactical - what we got was more of a slot machine.

Fun is subjective, to each their own - but I don't find it any more fun or interesting now.

I'm with team - "Give us a list if changes and updates, why wouldn't even consider not providing this?"

Ultimately - no one asked for this. To me, if it looks more like a slot machine and stinks more like a slot machine, then it is one. Nothing was fixed. Really feels a little like someones trying to run the game into the ground.

First weekend I played more MSF then SWGOH... I really do think EA/CG is pulling in some $$ form MSF the way they're practically pushing us towards it.

TL;DR: can I get an alert when STR is fixed and Ships 3.0 comes?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    after initially being frustrated, I have given the changes to ships a chance. I adapted my lineup to better go against what i commonly see and I'm now winning most of my battles. I had to switch from Thrawn to Tarkin, but its making a huge difference. I think once people get over the initial shock (like I did) they will see the benefits of the changes. Yeah its hard to figure out just by looking at it. I imagine new players who started this game day 1 had the same frustrations in squad arena about trying to figure out what was good. I just look at it as a fresh start and a chance to try out new ships and strategies. Before the update, I would just set my lineup and auto battle and win every time. Can't do that anymore. This is a refreshing change IMO because you actually can win with a variety of different squads instead of the same old 10 ships EVERYONE had and used. Ships was boring before 2.0. Now its exciting again since you can compete with every fleet commander and each faction has their strong lineups. Again, when this update dropped i was frustrated because I didn't expect everything to drastically change like it did, but after the frustration subsided I experimented and tried out some new stuff and wouldn't you know....its fun! Not boring like it was before. You actually have to think now when you play it.
  • Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »

Then explain how I'm 26-4 since ships 2.0 came out. Most of my guild has similar records. All 4 of my losses were by strategic mistakes on my part, not AI destroying me. I'm on a day 1 very active shard. Yes, I drop to the 20s overnight, but it doesn't take long to climb right back up. If you keep trying to run the old meta, you're going to get beat. Try to expand your horizon instead of following the game changers. I've never been a meta person, and I've been collecting top 5 in fleet for at least 6 months. All the guys running thrawn +ties and biggs on my thread struggle daily. My average fight takes 90 seconds. Learn what synergies there are, and build around that. By the way, speed is not a synergy. I rarely go first, usually the opponent gets two attacks, and sometimes destroys a ship. But that first ship is the last ship they destroy.

I agree with most of what you say. However day 1 accounts have something the rest of us struggle with. A lot of developed toons so you have and have had the ability to gear up toons that have more limited functionality. So you don't have as much issue gearing up muli-crew ships. Newer accounts, like me, will find it very hard to gear up the multi-crew ships to be effective in fleet. Now I'm not complaining about meta switching, I've adapted and still hold my 1st with barely dropping (I am curious what your day 1 account is using but that's besides the point). I'm glad the meta switched and it has a chance to make fleet more enjoyable. However I have 2 issues. My biggest concern is gearing of multi-crew ships is prohibitive with so many aspects of this game. 2 arena's, TW, LS & DS TB and a variety of events. This is going to keep people from really enjoying fleet without sacrificing other parts of the game. Since most people already ignored fleet they won't suddenly ignore other aspects that they may be doing well. Which will lead to Fleet seeing the same low participation as before. I think this is made worse by the fact that they did nerf the ships that most people were using. Again I like balance but in arena they don't nerf the previous meta when a new one comes in. Nor does the old meta suddenly stop being effective. I think the combination of the two are they major issues with the update. Old accounts won't have much of an issue with this. Younger accounts this will impact greatly.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Nomad1941 wrote: »

Then explain how I'm 26-4 since ships 2.0 came out. Most of my guild has similar records. All 4 of my losses were by strategic mistakes on my part, not AI destroying me. I'm on a day 1 very active shard. Yes, I drop to the 20s overnight, but it doesn't take long to climb right back up. If you keep trying to run the old meta, you're going to get beat. Try to expand your horizon instead of following the game changers. I've never been a meta person, and I've been collecting top 5 in fleet for at least 6 months. All the guys running thrawn +ties and biggs on my thread struggle daily. My average fight takes 90 seconds. Learn what synergies there are, and build around that. By the way, speed is not a synergy. I rarely go first, usually the opponent gets two attacks, and sometimes destroys a ship. But that first ship is the last ship they destroy.

I agree with most of what you say. However day 1 accounts have something the rest of us struggle with. A lot of developed toons so you have and have had the ability to gear up toons that have more limited functionality. So you don't have as much issue gearing up muli-crew ships. Newer accounts, like me, will find it very hard to gear up the multi-crew ships to be effective in fleet. Now I'm not complaining about meta switching, I've adapted and still hold my 1st with barely dropping (I am curious what your day 1 account is using but that's besides the point). I'm glad the meta switched and it has a chance to make fleet more enjoyable. However I have 2 issues. My biggest concern is gearing of multi-crew ships is prohibitive with so many aspects of this game. 2 arena's, TW, LS & DS TB and a variety of events. This is going to keep people from really enjoying fleet without sacrificing other parts of the game. Since most people already ignored fleet they won't suddenly ignore other aspects that they may be doing well. Which will lead to Fleet seeing the same low participation as before. I think this is made worse by the fact that they did nerf the ships that most people were using. Again I like balance but in arena they don't nerf the previous meta when a new one comes in. Nor does the old meta suddenly stop being effective. I think the combination of the two are they major issues with the update. Old accounts won't have much of an issue with this. Younger accounts this will impact greatly.

Just so you know when you lose a battle you swap ranks not drop 1 position so dropping to 20 can take just 1 lose
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I have to say, to the people like Nic who are not in the top 20 or FTP and still/now enjoy ships... you realize how bad it's going to be when new ships DO start to come out? The Whale's gonna whale and those new ships will be meta and they'll make things a lot harder for you to compete with now there's only 3v3 to start. If they'd dropped new ships into 5v5, you could adapt, but this change will ultimately only benefit whales. Now all it will take is CLS's Red 5 or a Solo film Falcon - 1 single meta ship now will ruin your opinion of this change. You can argue all you want about Reaper being OP (it wasn't - it was always beatable with good strategy), but a new ship will come soon that will blow up this new 3v3 system.
    Mark it, even more change is coming. Regular arena is seeing more and more new people in the top 50 because they're catching up. New gear 12 pieces are coming soon. We'll likely see a level cap increase soon. New and OP p2p ships will come soon too.
    More than anything else though... whether you like 2.0 or not, the vast majority of the complaining in this thread would have been mitigated by (drumroll please) Communication. They promised it, they didn't deliver here, and people are angry and confused by the changes. Bold strategy Cotton, let's see how it played out over 35 pages...
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

2 things: of course people who started day 1 will have better stuff, they’ve been committed since then, I think it just makes sense...

And I believe getting multi character ships to a really high level is also a big achievement... if you do it, you get the reward (except with dumb nerfs like they just did). I don’t really see the complaint here
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    It STILL blows my mind that when faced with a complaint about ship diversity, instead of introducing new ships and capital ships that can counter the meta, they decided to cut the amount of ships you use in half and nerf the ships people spent months grinding out.

Yeah they should have added 3 new capitals and some new fighters to ships 1.0 to get more diversity.
    Adding reinforcement skills and reworking all those ships was fine ( except endurance I've been told it's even worse now).
    But changing it to 3v3 was a bad move, just add new ships and adjust the old ones.
    Don't force us to use fewer ships, urgh.
  • Options
    Ships 2.0 still sucks
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    All I want from these people is one stinking answer and they have had enough time to give it.... Are they going to keep things the way they are so it's safe to keep investing in the current system or are they going to cave and go back to the old system and refund all the materials we have invested into it ?

It's not hard
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    All I want from these people is one stinking answer and they have had enough time to give it.... Are they going to keep things the way they are so it's safe to keep investing in the current system or are they going to cave and go back to the old system and refund all the materials we have invested into it ?

It's not hard

Honestly, I doubt they will turn back now
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »

2 things: of course people who started day 1 will have better stuff, they’ve been committed since then, I think it just makes sense...

And I believe getting multi character ships to a really high level is also a big achievement... if you do it, you get the reward (except with dumb nerfs like they just did). I don’t really see the complaint here

Didn't say it was a compliant it was a concern. What I have been saying is that they made fleet less desirable for people because the resource involvement doesn't equate to other parts of the game. I get why they did the update. I'm glad you feel crewing up an multi-crew ship is an achievement. Achievements are subjective. Winning against others in your shard is tangible. So at the end of the day you get one ship but have had to use 2 or 3 times the gear. And these ships are not three time better then Biggs or Vader for example. In a resource management game those ships are horrible options.

Everyone here arguing for the update is telling people to adapt and its easy to win. Well if you have to gear multiple toons for one ship. Not only is it not easy but the payoff isn't that great either even if the ship is really good. Because now you are behind others who decided to gear single pilot ships. Which relates to your first comment. Yes of course day 1 accounts will have better stuff, I get it and I said it. If you would have read what came next I explained how and why multi-crew ships would be prohibitive to younger accounts. Because of this they are causing people to avoid those ships. This whole update was to create more options. Having some ships require 3 times the resources isn't creating more options. Sure you can take resources you use from other parts of the game but then you lose ground there. Outside of Fleet already needing 8 geared toons compared to squad which is 5 as we all know I don't see what the point is to make some ships exponentially easier to use then others. That's not flexibility. That's not more options. Unless you call your credit card an option in which case this is by far the biggest cash grab the game has done for all the younger fleet arenas.
  • Options
    Am 26-4 overall in fleet arena.

Does this mean you have done a grand total of 30 battles in fleet arena?
  • Options

It's not hard

Honestly, I doubt they will turn back now

On this I completely agree with you. Ships 2.0 is here to stay. They will not refund every the money they spent on the bundles. To be honest the headache that would follow from people saying they spent crystals on upgrading ships would be impossible for them to determine. Which means Ships 3.0 coming August '18.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

Didn't say it was a compliant it was a concern. What I have been saying is that they made fleet less desirable for people because the resource involvement doesn't equate to other parts of the game. I get why they did the update. I'm glad you feel crewing up an multi-crew ship is an achievement. Achievements are subjective. Winning against others in your shard is tangible. So at the end of the day you get one ship but have had to use 2 or 3 times the gear. And these ships are not three time better then Biggs or Vader for example. In a resource management game those ships are horrible options.

Everyone here arguing for the update is telling people to adapt and its easy to win. Well if you have to gear multiple toons for one ship. Not only is it not easy but the payoff isn't that great either even if the ship is really good. Because now you are behind others who decided to gear single pilot ships. Which relates to your first comment. Yes of course day 1 accounts will have better stuff, I get it and I said it. If you would have read what came next I explained how and why multi-crew ships would be prohibitive to younger accounts. Because of this they are causing people to avoid those ships. This whole update was to create more options. Having some ships require 3 times the resources isn't creating more options. Sure you can take resources you use from other parts of the game but then you lose ground there. Outside of Fleet already needing 8 geared toons compared to squad which is 5 as we all know I don't see what the point is to make some ships exponentially easier to use then others. That's not flexibility. That's not more options. Unless you call your credit card an option in which case this is by far the biggest cash grab the game has done for all the younger fleet arenas.

I understand it’s hard for younger players, but you said yourself that these multiple character ships aren’t performing any better, so why spend time upgrading them? I personally think they are worth the time put in, however I do see what you’re saying about this not equating with other aspects of the game.

I also believe that it is not easier to rank higher, in fact it’s harder. This is mostly because having a more powerful, faster fleet isn’t the sure win anymore. There is more synergy and strategy involvement
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options

It's not hard

It’s a holiday (memorial day) so they definitely had a 3 day weekend maybe 4. Way to drop an update and run
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Kyngzilla wrote: »
    It's not only 3 ships. Jesus. It's still 5v5 it just starts out 3v3.

This.

Gosh I get bored of reiterating it. Some people just don't seem to want to listen.

So don’t
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    So far.. being a daily first place player.. this has not saved me any time (as promised), in fact I went from 2~3 1.5 minute battles, to 10 2~4 minutes battles. It’s not a learning curve issue anymore. I’m really hoping that my investment into new ships changes this, but it will be a while..
  • Dblade21
    169 posts Member
    Options
    Am 26-4 overall in fleet arena.

Does this mean you have done a grand total of 30 battles in fleet arena?

Since the update, yes. Everyone around me has struggled. I haven't
  • Princerhaegar04
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I love new content. That said we who have invested from the get go on ships and gearing them have been punked. You nerfed good ships like the tfp which you reduce his evasion and give him no shields and also made the reaper garbage. The real problem is having people with mediocre ships move up a big amount. Meaning anyone with a mediocre team and rng on their side can beat anyone. What a joke you turned ships into. Disappointing to say the least.
  • EAZY_E8
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Why is Biggs any good in this game?... the bro got clapped in the trench run but for some reason he’s meta like what?! I’d get wedge, he’s the BEST pilot the rebels had but why his useless friend lol, tie pilots unique should be to Insta-kill him
  • Options
    Many things in this game don't make sense. Like the Jedi being so bad but resistance owns them lol.