Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    What we need is a handful of the bigggest whales and krakens who have already spent thousands on this game to step up, complain and threaten to leave. But of course, that would never happen because those rich fvcks can just spend more money to get their ships upgraded and nothing affects them.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    What we need is a handful of the bigggest whales and krakens who have already spent thousands on this game to step up, complain and threaten to leave. But of course, that would never happen because those rich fvcks can just spend more money to get their ships upgraded and nothing affects them.

Technically this update affects everyone heavily, but a band of rich people is unlikely. Even more unlikely is a rollback.
    CG appreciates the people who pay more than the people who don’t pay, because realistically the game couldn’t be f2p without whales. Those whales have already spent to at least test the new update. They’ve already spent that money, and CG will most likely not return payments for a rollback. (Also I don’t think there’s ever been a rollback, they’d probably just add a bunch more ships anyway, it’s their best bet at this point)
  • Options
    What was I going to say? Oh yeah, I hate Ships 2.0
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    Even if it was 95%, the majority of people here are committed, top of their fleet arena. So they come here when things in fleet start going wrong to express their opinion. There are very few, if any, complaints from newer players or players who aren’t competitive

That's simply not true. There were some new players like myself complaining about it. Especially because the challenges now are impossible to beat.
    It's just that no one here cares for newer players so they stopped complaining.
    And of course most of the newer players didn't find their way to this forum yet.
    Tbh newer players or older players I don't care, but something has to be done. It cannot stay the way it is.

Actually... it CAN stay the way it is. They pretty much can’t turn back now, even with all the backlash

Yeah I don't expect them to roll back to the far superior ships 1.0.

But it cannot stay as it is. They have to rework the ship challenges.

I get it, most of you don't care because you already have your 7* capital ships, you can farm zetas by simulating the challenges and you already got your chimera.
    I'd guess that 95% of you wouldn't 3* the zeta challenge because it's almost impossible to win a battle in challenge mode without losing a ship at 3v3.
    And if you all would have to fight for 5*ring your capitals and more, you would be crying out loud.
    Especially if you would still have to win the zeta challenge.

It has to be changed, lower level players at least have to be given a chance.
    That's only if the devs do care about newer players of course.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Even if it was 95%, the majority of people here are committed, top of their fleet arena. So they come here when things in fleet start going wrong to express their opinion. There are very few, if any, complaints from newer players or players who aren’t competitive

That's simply not true. There were some new players like myself complaining about it. Especially because the challenges now are impossible to beat.
    And of course most of the newer players didn't find their way to this forum yet.
    Tbh newer players or older players I don't care, but something has to be done. It cannot stay the way it is.

Actually... it CAN stay the way it is. They pretty much can’t turn back now, even with all the backlash

I get it, most of you don't care because you already have your 7* capital ships, you can farm zetas by simulating the challenges and you already got your chimera.
    I'd guess that 95% of you wouldn't 3* the zeta challenge because it's almost impossible to win a battle in challenge mode without losing a ship at 3v3.
    And if you all would have to fight for 5*ring your capitals and more, you would be crying out loud.

Why do you like 95% so much?
    Also I understand it’s hard now, I have not 3* the last few tiers either, but likely the devs will do nothing about it
  • Pinkz
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Not a day since Ships 2.0 has gone by that I haven’t been left in awe at how absolutely awful the new ships battles are. It really is beyond comprehension as to how badly these terrible SWGOH developers screwed this part of the game up.

It’s as if they are tired of fans playing their game and they said “hey, how can we make this gaming experience so awhile that people will stop playing and we can stop working on this game?” Apparently Ships 2.0 was the answer to this question.

Not fun at all even when you miraculously win against this waaaaaayyy OP’d AI. I have literally been a mile ahead in collecting TM for my ships, had three of the opponents ships dead to only 1 loss of mine, yet i’m still 1 turn away from using Thrawns ultimate move and the AI somehow miraculously busts out Thrawns ultimate move which kills 3 of my ships and wins the battle. I know for a 100% FACT that I was waaaaayy ahead in TM and there was no effing way in hell the AI should’ve got their ultimate move first!!

So **** SWGOH developers? It wasn’t enough that you had to screw up the actual mechanics of the game and shift the META to the lamest, money grabbing characters there is? You also had to stack the deck in the AI’s favour so much that you eliminated ALL the fun from this game mode??

Horrendous update. The team lead/supervisor/manager(s) that we’re reapknsible for this should all be slapped and fired immediately.

When the day comes where I stop complaining about this update, unless a major revamp comes along that fixes these massive, glaring issues then i’m going to be quitting this game and not spending a single cent more on this atrocity.
  • Options
    Can we change the name from ships 2.0 to Capital Ships Utlimate Show Down instead. Cause that is all ships has become now. A race to see if the AI fails to use its ultimate and you can live long enough to get yours off.
  • Options
    I totally agree with you, so much so that I have just made a post of this subject, feel free to participate.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Can we change the name from ships 2.0 to Capital Ships Utlimate Show Down instead. Cause that is all ships has become now. A race to see if the AI fails to use its ultimate and you can live long enough to get yours off.

Dunno, my matches are usually over before it gets so far. Or, if I go against Tarkin, my Thrawn's ultimate gets their last ship or something like that, so the match is decided anyway. And if it does take that long, oh that feeling when I come back from enemy Thrawn's ult and win anyway! True, that's more of an exception but does happen sometimes.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Might as well take Arena back to modless Dooku days. Who dodged more. Who’s Thrawn blows up the other team first.

Can’t convince me this wasn’t more than a chance for them to get more refreshes.

When people talked about wanting ships to be more entertaining, I don’t think they meant they wanted to get screwed randomly, just because...
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options

Why do you like 95% so much?
    Also I understand it’s hard now, I have not 3* the last few tiers either, but likely the devs will do nothing about it

lol, yeah I was going to say none of you would get 3*s but then I thought there might be a few that would. ;-)
    Well since they're in hiding after the update I guess you're right and they won't do anything.
    But I hope they read some of it and they have to know about the flaws.
    I don't know what's worse, not being able to beat the challenges or the capital ship challenges.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    well, if you're refreshing more, you're playing more, so one could argue that you're being entertained more ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • daveyg
    4 posts Member
    Options
    I would echo my experience has been awful since the update. Thrawn pulls his ultimate out of nowhere now. I can't make any sense of it. I assume TFP is feeding TM to the capital ship somehow we haven't worked out (as everyone is using Biggs, TFP & Vadar on my shard)
  • Options
    Indeed!
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    Options
    That is until I give up and just do one battle a day. Because it’s becoming not worth the hassle
  • Princerhaegar04
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Has any of the CG folk responded for this fail on ships 2.0? It's really bad. Whoever had the idea of this needs to rethink their current position.
    Lower the number of ships
    Nerf the ships that folks grinded for
    (Slash evasion on Tfp with no shields) horrible
    (Reaper is useless) a long horrible grind
    (Bobas seismic charge is useless) matches don't last that long anymore.
    (Target locks are way fewer)
    It's heavy rng based now. What were you thinking? Please shed some light on this.
    @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    well, if you're refreshing more, you're playing more, so one could argue that you're being entertained more ;)

What is wrooooooong with youuuuu?! Its broken rng, have you even played it?! XD
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Lrrr wrote: »
    That is until I give up and just do one battle a day. Because it’s becoming not worth the hassle

So you're saying it probably wasn't their intention to get people to refresh more since it would most likely backfire?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Has any of the CG folk responded for this fail on ships 2.0? It's really bad. Whoever had the idea of this idea needs to rethink their current position.
    Lower the number of ships
    Nerf the ships that folks grinded for
    (Slash evasion on Tfp with no shields) horrible
    (Reaper is useless) a long horrible grind
    (Bobas seismic charge is useless) matches don't last that long anymore.
    (Target locks are way fewer)
    It's heavy rng based now. What were you thinking? Please shed some light on this.
    @CG_Carrie

Honestly, Reaper had it coming. Changing the passive to something else entirely might have been better, but as it was, it would lead to even more degenerate meta with the bolstered role of reinforcements.
    And Boba is great even without seismic charge, that taunt + counter is one of the best reinforcement abilities available. Seismic charge is just gravy when you manage to pull it off.
  • Decay
    109 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

35 pages and no comments - Excellent job on improved communications!!!
  • Options
    Ship battles take LONGER now.
    Ship battles are even MORE rng dependent.
    I use LESS ships than before due to the total number of ships being reduced by 2.
    How does this line up with the stated intentions of the ship "update"? Is it the same reasoning that led to the "improved" heroic sith rewards? Do here what you did there: roll back this "update".

Want to speed up ship combat? [Not that it needed speeding up, as every battle was over in less than 2 mins before] - Go back to 5v5 and remove reinforcements, just like toon arena.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    DarthTaral wrote: »

Dunno, my matches are usually over before it gets so far. Or, if I go against Tarkin, my Thrawn's ultimate gets their last ship or something like that, so the match is decided anyway. And if it does take that long, oh that feeling when I come back from enemy Thrawn's ult and win anyway! True, that's more of an exception but does happen sometimes.
    Must be nice to be in a fleet arena that is so weak you can just blast through the enemy ships so easily. I am lucky if I can move up twice as i tend to loose at least three sometimes 4 matches since this new role out. And everytime I lose it is because the enemy team gets to go first and then their Captial ship gets to go before mine and I lose.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Brace yourself for "It's all about tactics." comments! :D:D

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1564414/#Comment_1564414
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    But for those that only have a handful of good ships ready, the changes are devastating!

This is a fair point, but if you don't have a deep ship roster, either the rest of your shard is in the same boat (mixed metaphor alert) or it's kinda just your fault that you aren't in a better position. Solution: farm more ships up!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people using Boba's ship as their first reinforcement, and I don't really understand why.

He's not a tank, and he has an ability designed to do a lot of damage if he lives long enough, yet he comes out with a taunt? I've seen him die as he came out before I even got a turn because their ships hit my Vader who was under retribution, three shots and bam, Boba dies instantly. He's incredibly weak and his reinforce kills himself.

It does make winning easier of course for now, Boba is a trap.

And hey, heard someone say @CG_Carrie was taking a look at ship challenges, so hopefully this is true and they get their fix.

If Ship challenges become how they used to be, i'll be satisfied, atm as it stands, its stupid that new players have no chance against older players, even on the same shard. Challenges need to be made the same difficulty as they were before.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hey, a question, does anyone even make it to their third reinforcement? And when you have, have you won?

I've found that on the rare occasion this happens, if we both survive each others ultimate, there is only like <1min left on the clock and its a race to the finish win or lose. Seems kinda dumb that we have five reinforcements when most matches are won before the third, and sometimes its obvious whose won before the 1st.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    I get what you're saying man. Others either don't care, care, or are part of the people that love this update that lets them climb easily now with under geared pilots.
    Ships 2.0 is a joke. (Another failed roll out)
    And they wonder why folk look else where
    To fulfill their gaming appetite. Coughs...marvel...

People can climb easily now with under geared pilots?

People have been able to climb with undergeared pilots since chimaera dropped. Don't see why that would change.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »

And hey, heard someone say @CG_Carrie was taking a look at ship challenges, so hopefully this is true and they get their fix.

If Ship challenges become how they used to be, i'll be satisfied, atm as it stands, its **** that new players have no chance against older players, even on the same shard. Challenges need to be made the same difficulty as they were before.

Wow they do read the comments here, I'm impressed.
    I hope this is true, where did you find this information?
    This is really good news for us "rookies".
    ;-)