Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Just be patient and get together your new ships.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    What they should have done, is let us have a short time to play with the new ships under a game mode, like the Geonosian Advanced Tactics that they have now. Give us a day for maybe 5 different fleet setups to fight against the AI. Then give us a month to wait before the update came live.

That would have given us time to enter this new game mode with fleets worth playing. But now we are all stuck playing a game mode that sucks.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    From 50 to 1 everyone has the same initial lineup and the same first reinforcement. No wonder it's a different game in that chunk.

Top 10 in my shard as of this moment:
    1 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    2 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Phantom
    3 - Tarkin/TFP/FOTP/Biggs
    4 - Tarkin/Biggs/TFP/Silencer
    5 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    6 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    7 - Tarkin/Biggs/Wedge/Vader
    8 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Phantom
    9 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Silencer
    10 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP

Biggs is the only ship that everyone is using. Sure a lot of people are going to use the same teams - part of that is their effectiveness, part of that is just copying what works for the top guys. I'm pretty sure you could even have success avoiding the TL "meta" completely running an Ackbar fleet with Clone Sarge and protection regen.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • RWTD_Burn
    141 posts Member
    Options
    Ships 1.0 was horrible and made us think nothing could be worse. Ships 2.0 proved us wrong.
    Dare I now say that nothing can be worse than Ships 2.0, or is that too tempted for fate to pass up?
    RWTD_Burn - Bears with Sabers
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rwtdBurn/
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    RWTD_Burn wrote: »
    Ships 1.0 was horrible and made us think nothing could be worse. Ships 2.0 proved us wrong.
    Dare I now say that nothing can be worse than Ships 2.0, or is that too tempted for fate to pass up?

"In an attempt to both make the Sith Triumvirate Raid more interesting, and give player more opportunity to practice with the Ships 2.0 format, we will be adding a Ships 2.0 phase to the beginning of STR. Now you must get past the Ravager* to enter the depths of Malachor!"

*Ravager not a playable capital ship.
  • TheColdEagle
    3 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I don't know what you guys are talking about. Ships 1.0 was boring, everyone ran the same **** with reaper and TF. Now at least we have the opportunity to try out different combinations. Just because most people are too afraid to drop out of the top 20 to try and find something else that works other than Biggs, TF, and Vader... at least now other combinations put together with some thought can beat the meta instead of having to blindly follow along just to stay relevant.
    Post edited by TheColdEagle on
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Whatever they decide to do, they need to do it with haste.

I finish in the top 5-10 daily. I know who I can beat so don't waste attempts. Yesterday, lost 5/5. Today, 4/4. NEVER played a 'game' (games are fun. This is not) that pretty much takes the two combatants (defense and attack) and then tosses aside the power difference because RNG is king.

This is page 40 of the 2.0 'debate' but a debate requires both sides.

A crumb of information (pun intended) as to where CG are heading and if they're listening would be something. Ive already informed my guild leader that I can't continue with the game as it is. Fleet was my favourite part. Now it's a joke.

Ignoring the player base isn't cool.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    From 50 to 1 everyone has the same initial lineup and the same first reinforcement. No wonder it's a different game in that chunk.

Top 10 in my shard as of this moment:
    1 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    2 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Phantom
    3 - Tarkin/TFP/FOTP/Biggs
    4 - Tarkin/Biggs/TFP/Silencer
    5 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    6 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP
    7 - Tarkin/Biggs/Wedge/Vader
    8 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Phantom
    9 - Ackbar/Biggs/Ghost/Silencer
    10 - Tarkin/Biggs/Vader/TFP

Biggs is the only ship that everyone is using. Sure a lot of people are going to use the same teams - part of that is their effectiveness, part of that is just copying what works for the top guys. I'm pretty sure you could even have success avoiding the TL "meta" completely running an Ackbar fleet with Clone Sarge and protection regen.

Yes, we already had this discussion in another thread. Your shard is young, you have less than 1 million gp yourself. I'm talking about 2 to 3M gp shards.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    It will get worse and not better. You have surely aligned the following updates on this update and you will not change it. Unfortunately, almost everything these developers have done in the last months have been something most players hate. No matter where I look, whether here, in other forums or in the Google Play Store, everywhere just anger and hate for the updates of the last months. Such things just hurt the name cg

I wonder why this game is still making money hand over fist though ;)
    I kept playing only bc i love to play with all the different Star Wars characrers. Even though my favorites were useless most of the time. The 2nd reason was the guild i was member of. They are the best bunch of peoples ive ever met in the "internet". Id have quit like at least 1 year before, if they werrnt there. All that RNGness and the most stup*d arena system ive ever seen, really ruin the whole fun for me. And be sure its not because any nolife snipes me, im in a great shard chat and we made our payout, rotating to 3 ppl, pretty stale. Same in fleet, just 4 ppl. So its not the frustration of losing, its the fact you "have to" play at a specific time. No clue what nolife worked that system out, it must be someone having no family, no friends, no social life, otherwise he/she would have noticed, that this system wont work for many people.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options

Yes, we already had this discussion in another thread. Your shard is young, you have less than 1 million gp yourself. I'm talking about 2 to 3M gp shards.

We have, yes. My point is that the veteran 2-3m gp players tend to take THEIR experience and present it as the universal truth. I was just pointing out that while your shard may be uniform from 1-50, mine isn't.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

We have, yes. My point is that the veteran 2-3m gp players tend to take THEIR experience and present it as the universal truth. I was just pointing out that while your shard may be uniform from 1-50, mine isn't.

Not all shards are the same and definately not all people using the "you're on a young shard" argument are right. It's just an easy way to dismiss someone's opinion or experience.
    edit: i'm saying that in general, not aimed at anyone specific.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    It will get worse and not better. You have surely aligned the following updates on this update and you will not change it. Unfortunately, almost everything these developers have done in the last months have been something most players hate. No matter where I look, whether here, in other forums or in the Google Play Store, everywhere just anger and hate for the updates of the last months. Such things just hurt the name cg

I wonder why this game is still making money hand over fist though ;)
    I kept playing only bc i love to play with all the different Star Wars characrers. Even though my favorites were useless most of the time. The 2nd reason was the guild i was member of. They are the best bunch of peoples ive ever met in the "internet". Id have quit like at least 1 year before, if they werrnt there. All that RNGness and the most stup*d arena system ive ever seen, really ruin the whole fun for me. And be sure its not because any nolife snipes me, im in a great shard chat and we made our payout, rotating to 3 ppl, pretty stale. Same in fleet, just 4 ppl. So its not the frustration of losing, its the fact you "have to" play at a specific time. No clue what nolife worked that system out, it must be someone having no family, no friends, no social life, otherwise he/she would have noticed, that this system wont work for many people.

Jesus.
    That’s pretty much all I have to say, why so harsh? It’s a system designed to give more than one person good rewards, you should find it lucky that people don’t snipe you. And no life... TECHNICALLY everyone has a life...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Migux7 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Not sure what you are complaining about with your story, ship arena is still mostly Vader, Biggs and Tie (or FO tie) under Thrawn or Tarkin, so the Empire's might continues. With the help of a notorious bounty hunter as a reinforcement, but the Empire is known to hire those when the situation calls for it.

Well without the Biggs wall the empire ships are nothing that's my problem, Empire ships are only meta and were meta because of Biggs it shouldnt have been the empire ships to get the nerf but Biggs, if I want to run an empire squad I cant do it without Biggs because they were nerfed to oblivion.

nerfed to oblivion, yet the majority of top50 players still uses them...

Read what he's saying, the majority still use them, still use Biggs because Biggs makes them work.

He was also not nerfed, even though the only reason he was as strong as he was in ships 1.0, and now 2.0, is because of Dark side ships/ties n such.

Its really a case of - Do you have Biggs? Congrats your a top 20 team, do you not? Enjoy never getting crystals

• Options
    Today we received further confirmation of me hating ships 2.0
  • Options
    Odd how devs were going to be better about communication, and yet 41 pages with no response...
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    Options
    SirOberon wrote: »
    Odd how devs were going to be better about communication, and yet 41 pages with no response...

This is a total guess.

They are probably just gathering raw data for now before commenting on it.

Also, I'd almost wager there's a moratorium on commenting on the ships situation for X period of time. I mean, a change this big is going to ruffle feathers no matter what, and a lot of people would complain regardless of the update's popularirty (or infamy), so commenting in response to any of that would not be constructive. Once the vitriol dies down, people get used to it, and the more constructive posts start coming out (maybe another week or so?) then we might get more official feedback.

Personally, I like most things about the ships update, but the 3v3 start is no good, imo. Makes things way too rng dependent and nearly impossible to recover from if things don't go your way in the opening moves.
  • Options
    Chimaera tractor beam is bugged and the devs know it. Where’s the fix? 150 prestige is a lot to spend on a broken ability. The speed down on a TFP dodge is the only thing that made that ability even remotely useful and it doesn’t even work. This entire fleet roll out is the biggest POS they’ve put out to date, and that’s saying something - they’ve put out some straight garbage. Please fix your product!!!
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Options
    Landale3 wrote: »
    SirOberon wrote: »

This is a total guess.

They are probably just gathering raw data for now before commenting on it.

Also, I'd almost wager there's a moratorium on commenting on the ships situation for X period of time. I mean, a change this big is going to ruffle feathers no matter what, and a lot of people would complain regardless of the update's popularirty (or infamy), so commenting in response to any of that would not be constructive. Once the vitriol dies down, people get used to it, and the more constructive posts start coming out (maybe another week or so?) then we might get more official feedback.

Personally, I like most things about the ships update, but the 3v3 start is no good, imo. Makes things way too rng dependent and nearly impossible to recover from if things don't go your way in the opening moves.

What about tfp? The nerf to his dodge rate accompanied by a buff to the tm boost to capital ships when the ultimate is so important now has made the rng factor worse than ever.

Did your tfp do an extra dodge? U just won. Oh u are forced to hit a lone tfp with foresight? U just lost.

Also there's a bug on thrawn's ultimate where the AI does not lose cooldowns on other cap ship skills other than the ultimate ability. Not sure if WAI.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Migux7 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Not sure what you are complaining about with your story, ship arena is still mostly Vader, Biggs and Tie (or FO tie) under Thrawn or Tarkin, so the Empire's might continues. With the help of a notorious bounty hunter as a reinforcement, but the Empire is known to hire those when the situation calls for it.

Well without the Biggs wall the empire ships are nothing that's my problem, Empire ships are only meta and were meta because of Biggs it shouldnt have been the empire ships to get the nerf but Biggs, if I want to run an empire squad I cant do it without Biggs because they were nerfed to oblivion.

nerfed to oblivion, yet the majority of top50 players still uses them...

Read what he's saying, the majority still use them, still use Biggs because Biggs makes them work.

He was also not nerfed, even though the only reason he was as strong as he was in ships 1.0, and now 2.0, is because of Dark side ships/ties n such.

Its really a case of - Do you have Biggs? Congrats your a top 20 team, do you not? Enjoy never getting crystals
    Did he or did he not say "nerfed to oblivion"? If that's even remotely true no amount of biggs x-wings are going to help them stay in the majority of the top50 teams.
    also, does biggs make them work, or do they make biggs work?
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I think regardless of whether they're collating data or there's new content that'll appease the player base, a simple 'We hear you, will let you know asap what we intend to do, if anything.'

We can safely assume among this thread there's a mixture of FTP and PTP folks. Everyone has a right to either enjoy this update of not. But the concerns we all may have could at least be sated by a simple message ensuring us all, regardless of our opinions, they're looking into at least certain aspects.

My shard mate experienced a TFP dodging 9/10, for example. That's game over. I faced a Chimera that decided he was far to busy to entertain me and blitzed the bejesus out of me in under a minute. RNG has become Fleet God (it already was a huge factor, now 2.0 times worse) have pretty much made fleet a roll of the dice.

My favourite game mode has become a farce for me and many others. A few simple words rather than none would at least mean we know for sure they're aware this update hasn't been a huge success.
  • Options
    Did you think by unpinning this topic I would stop posting I hate Ships 2.0 everyday? FAIL
  • Options
    CHANGE IT! It's dumb rng, change it CG!
    Just make it 5!!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    This new Crumb guy is crumby and giving us a crumb of info. Lol
  • Options
    Ship battles are just awful. They weren't particularly fun or interesting before but adding a whole load of changes that make it more complex and more rng based is just horrible to play. I have limited ability to try to control the battle like we do with squads.

Recent territory wars have highlighted just how terrible the changes have been.

Thrawn fleets are just about who dodges their way to the special first.

Republic fleets cannot beat anything as they are too weak, but they regen that much health and protection that you just cant beat and it just times out.

Tarkin doesnt seem to ever get to use his special, on attack or defence.

Boring, awful, too many timeouts, too complicated, too reliant on rng.
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    the fleet 2.0. faster fights. randomness is there and was there with 1.0 too. more diversity and more fun figuring stuff out. hated 1.0, enjoy 2.0. refreshing.

thank you devs
  • Qhue
    31 posts Member
    Options
    There is far too much RNG involved now. Its all about whether or not you land a target lock to buff Biggs and whether or not your Tie dodges more often than the opposing Tie.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Qhue wrote: »
    There is far too much RNG involved now. Its all about whether or not you land a target lock to buff Biggs and whether or not your Tie dodges more often than the opposing Tie.

whether or not your tie dodges more often than the opposing tie isn't really RNG though, since you can sure the enemy tie never dodges. The AI however won't do that, so in pretty much every match your tie will evade due to foresight. Ofcourse it's still possible that your tie gets killed without a single dodge, but that doesn't happen very often.
  • Options
    This used to be the most fun mode in the game, now it's completely unplayable. Why ruin a good thing? Shouldn't you want to attract people to this game and not drive them away in frustration? Seriously shocked that this irrational change was ever even approved...
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    I guess you can ensure that the enemy tie doesn't dodge, by using vader. Which is why everyone is using vader, tie, biggs. Now thats diversity!
    With everything maxxed, its still 100% RNG, since there are no speed mods for ships.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    I guess you can ensure that the enemy tie doesn't dodge, by using vader. Which is why everyone is using vader, tie, biggs. Now thats diversity!
    Vader, Poe, Bistan, Clone Sgt... Sun Fac can stun it, then everyone can shoot it dead.

Yeah, that's diversity alright--An elitist cadre of people who have had their point of view unconsciously biased by the lack of competition and now they're upset that they actually have to earn the priviledges they used to just get passively handed to them, but they refuse to see the value in any ship they haven't already used a million times from 1.0.

All I know is my experience and the experience of my friends--I liked ships initially, got bored when the meta lasted 15 months straight, now I like them again. My friends hated ships when they came out, improved their opinion to "dislike greatly" when the 4x speed feature came out and battles took less time, continued to not like them until 2.0, now they like them.

It's not a perfect system, as I said a whole bunch of times before deciding to ignore this thread for a couple days, and there are improvements that need to be made to certain ships and reductions that need to happen to certain others, but all in all 2.0 is great. Quit pouting because now you have to work on "worthless pilots" or because now you have to actually compete for your rewards.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.