Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    I guess you can ensure that the enemy tie doesn't dodge, by using vader. Which is why everyone is using vader, tie, biggs. Now thats diversity!
    With everything maxxed, its still 100% RNG, since there are no speed mods for ships.

I'm personally glad that they didn't add ship mods where whoever has the most rng luck upgrading speed secondaries wins.

That said I think it's still a little too rng based. I overall do like the renforcement mechanic, but the impact of rng at the start greatly mitigates the tactical impact of it. I'd largely blame the target lock mechanic, just as it created a stale meta in 1.0 that made all ships that didn't apply it irrelevant in 2.0 we still have meta ships that rely on it to work but with less ships at the start means bad rng is way more noticeable.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Caiaphas wrote: »
    I guess you can ensure that the enemy tie doesn't dodge, by using vader. Which is why everyone is using vader, tie, biggs. Now thats diversity!
    With everything maxxed, its still 100% RNG, since there are no speed mods for ships.
    In that scenario it's only 100% RNG if you're also equally as good as the AI.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    That's actually a good way to test whether there actually is an AI advantage. Having 2 truely equal/max teams battle eachother on auto. I wonder if the defending team will win more often than the attacker.
  • Options
    they were not great before, but semi-fun. the new state is absolutely unplayable. every team the exact same, vader biggs and tie reaper or tie fighter. slave one and scimitar as re-enforcements. enemy Chimaera that gets to use his ultimate ability 2 turns before its available to me.
  • Options
    bivvombj77qn.jpg
  • Options
    Me and my guild mates are totally frustrated with the new Fleet combat system. It's not even fun. Several times even when I started attacking first and seemed to have some advantage I lost. I just won't waste my time on the Fleet Arena anymore, I will just leave them there and get my daily fleet credits.

At least before I used to have some fun, but now it's not worth the effort.
  • Options
    I can't honestly say that I'm surprised that no one from CG has responded. Too much of this thread is just ranting about it being crap because it's different, and the new format hasn't been around long enough to generate any meaningful data for them to work from because people are still figuring out what works best with this new setup.

We don't even have the fleet table yet, so this new format isn't even set up properly yet. So take a deep breath, calm down, and wait to see what they're actually going to do with it in full before you start kicking and screaming. Let them finish the rollout, take some time to get some useful data and constructive feedback, and see what they do.

Now I will grant you; I've only just hit level 84, so I don't have maxed out ships and all the rest. But this change has made very little difference to me in fleet arena. Barring a particularly bad run of rng, I'm still taking first, so I'm frankly somewhat baffled by the intensity of responses in here.Apparently fleet is an entirely different game once you start maxing out ships, and bears little to no resemblance to the gameplay before that point.
  • Options
    The real problems are not that it's different, but that
    1) CG did not accomplish what they set out to accomplish (making it worse in those areas) and
    2) the customers told them clearly what they wanted and CG gave them something completely different.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Qhue wrote: »
    There is far too much RNG involved now. Its all about whether or not you land a target lock to buff Biggs and whether or not your Tie dodges more often than the opposing Tie.

whether or not your tie dodges more often than the opposing tie isn't really RNG though, since you can sure the enemy tie never dodges. The AI however won't do that, so in pretty much every match your tie will evade due to foresight. Ofcourse it's still possible that your tie gets killed without a single dodge, but that doesn't happen very often.

I would just like to point out that your TFP not dodging at all is more statistically likely than not, with a dodge rate of only 25%.

It is also worth noting that CG stated (and it seems to be supported in play) that the AI for ships has been improved, so the AI won't indiscriminately target your TFP anymore either. I don't run TFP anymore for those reasons. I prefer to control as many factors as possible.

All of that said, there is still far too much RNG with ships 2.0 as compared to 1.0 and not enough meaningful decision points for a player to mitigate them when you start with only 3 ships.

I've given it over a week - it is still, with the exception of mods nerf, the single worst update I have seen in the game in two and half years. Fleet arena is far more RNG dependent than squad arena now (and with the zPalp TM coin flip teams, that saying something).

If I am being completely honest, this update single-handedly ruined one of my favorite parts of the game, and will simply make it that much easier to walk away from this game when the time comes. Also, in the spirit of such honesty, I had been considering opening my wallet again for Nest - but Ships 2.0 has served as an important reminder as to why such a move is folly.

Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t think the new ships update is better or worse, just different. I have had to think about my reinforcements and starting ships more, and I’ve lost battles I wouldn’t have lost before. As I believe that’s what the intent was, my assumption is things are working as intended.
  • Options
    Are you alive devs?
  • Decay
    112 posts Member
    Options
    to quote Pink Floyd - Is there anybody out there?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    There is far too much RNG involved now. Its all about whether or not you land a target lock to buff Biggs and whether or not your Tie dodges more often than the opposing Tie.

whether or not your tie dodges more often than the opposing tie isn't really RNG though, since you can sure the enemy tie never dodges. The AI however won't do that, so in pretty much every match your tie will evade due to foresight. Ofcourse it's still possible that your tie gets killed without a single dodge, but that doesn't happen very often.

I would just like to point out that your TFP not dodging at all is more statistically likely than not, with a dodge rate of only 25%.

i'd take that bet.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    no carrie not even our illustrious new community manager good job on your silence.. i pray someday to have a job where im paid to talk to customers...... but i dont have to actually talk to customers what a job it would be

HOW MANY pages does it take to get a response from someone its literally at the are you kidding me point. hiw hard is how stinking hard

Crumb if the bosses upstairs are telling you to ignore us wink with one eye..... if your not under orders to ignore us....... how do I get a job like that free monies. They could hire me to ignore people..... i work for crystals
  • nottenst
    719 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone have any idea whether there will be a ships credits material heist or something like that? All of the upgrades needed to make Ships 2.0 work just cost too much. Maybe when the Ships table is ready we might be earning the material, but right now it is just frustrating - especially when you see these videos which talk about how great the ships are when you max them out. Who has the material to do that?
  • Lonit
    35 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    well the ship update is far from finished thats for sure so lets wait for the whole stuff before we judge
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

That's a cute response - but it's simple math. Over half the time your TFP would take 2 hits (usually more than enough to take it down considering it doesn't have shields) before it dodged. Even 3 hits are over 40% likely. TL;DR: You'd take the bet - but it would be a poor choice on your part. And if you are content on banking your fleet strategy on a coin flip, cool.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

That's a cute response - but it's simple math. Over half the time your TFP would take 2 hits (usually more than enough to take it down considering it doesn't have shields) before it dodged. Even 3 hits are over 40% likely. TL;DR: You'd take the bet - but it would be a poor choice on your part. And if you are content on banking your fleet strategy on a coin flip, cool.

foresight...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

We can do this all day. I think the update stinks, you'll defend it. Let's stop wasting each other's time.

• Boofpoof
    344 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I posted this in the feedback area but since this is the 2.0 mega-thread I figured a copy/paste would be due...

I have given it about a week and after giving it what I consider a “fair shake” I have come to the conclusion that I am hating Ships 2.0

Before the update I was averaging a climb from the mid to upper 20s to the Top 10 (An occasional Number One with more 5-10s being the normal). With a 6* Chiamera I was beating those 7* Chiameras with Tie Reapers in the front line up.

After the update I am still averaging a climb from the mid to upper 20s but I have had so many rage inducing defeats that I have cracked the Top 20 twice in one week (14 one time). The issue that seems to be the most glaring is that I NEVER go first. In approximately 30 battles this week I dont recall getting to attack a fleet first once. And with the way this update goes that plays a huge part of how lucky (but in most cases how unlucky) you will be. I am losing to players who before the update I was able to demolish and now I cant touch them because I never get a first shot. I would really love to know how the game determines who goes first so I could potentially fix that.

And dont get me started about Tie Reaper. Minus the Vets the longest farming project I have undertook. For five months I worked on DT and Shore Trooper. And now that ship is only good to strip Slave One of taunts/retribution assuming that I get to deploy Reaper to deal with it.

Edit: I did notice in ONE fleet battle yesterday that I got to go first. Guess what. I won that battle.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    It's Friday and I still hate Ships 2.0
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

We can do this all day. I think the update stinks, you'll defend it. Let's stop wasting each other's time.

If we could just stick to valid reasons to not like the update it could be constructive and we wouldn't be wasting eachothers time.
    we probably still be wasting eachothers time, chances are even super insightfull posts won't be read by the devs on page 42
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

He seems to be on here 24/7 defending the game. How can someone like every universally hated bad decision made by the devs
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Bane1492 wrote: »

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

He seems to be on here 24/7 defending the game. How can someone like every universally hated bad decision made by the devs

Want to hear something funny? I don't actually like the update all that much, fleet still sucks.
  • Options
    Bane1492 wrote: »

Universally would imply that no one likes it, which isn't the case. The forums are always full of the vocal minority, and people really only get up the energy to post if they want to winge. Try and count how many "omg this is broken" posts there are, vs. how many "omg this is awesome - thank you" posts there are. Not just about fleets, but in general. And yet CG keeps making money and releasing new content.

Either there's a large contingent of paying players that are at least neutral about the changes, or at least some of the people here are continuing to fund CG while complaining on the internet.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

Vader would get one hit in, who hits next? Someone who misses. This is assuming you left the Tie Fighter for last
  • Options
    Ender22 wrote: »

i'd take that bet.

foresight...

Vader....

Vader would get one hit in, who hits next? Someone who misses. This is assuming you left the Tie Fighter for last

Hopefully you've loaded it up with DoTs so it just implodes on its own.
  • Options
    And that’s really saying something.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Options
    A week in. Ships are still terrible for me. Can’t crack top 20 and I spent 14 months in 2nd place. What a joke.
  • Options
    Fleet diversity was good the last 4 - 5 days. Now it's back to everyone using the same ships and I'm in the 200-300 range.