Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Completed the mission but platoons were 6/6 by the time i woke up.

Hopefully we can still 3* ships
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I got destroyed on fleet battle but well my LS ships sucks, most of them is G9, 2 G10 and G12 biggs. Curious to see difficulty of DS TB ships.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Phase 6 is impossible
    Hands up if you beat p6.
    *raises hand*

Ok mister g12 pilots
  • Options
    I am personally of the mindset that PvE stuff should not be tweaked that much. So what if LS ships are getting stronger over time, that doesn't mean Hoth LS TB needs to be stronger. This needs to be tweaked again. I understand it needs to be the hardest of all the ship battles, but when only 20-30% of a guild can finish it, it is a problem. I can do all 100% of all LS TB except this new ship battle and I am top 30-50 of ship PvP in my shard.
  • Options
    This is what happens when you try to pass off a bug as a feature.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    First time I lost a Phase 6 ship battle though I sent in all ships with g12 pilots except Akbar’s capital ship.
  • Options
    Gotta make it a little more challenging to get 45 stars. Nothing wrong here, move along.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Phase 6 is impossible

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Honestly, I think Ships 2.0 was possibly the worst update in two and half years but it was hardly impossible. I beat it fairly easily - and Biggs and Poe are my only g12 pilots and I haven't upgraded the Home One since 2.0 dropped.

I do agree that the "all or nothing" scoring can hurt - especially with RNG-fest that fleet battles are since 2.0 dropped (have I mentioned that it's horrible?) - but honestly, I prefer one decent battle over 2 boring ones and... a 3rd boring one.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Phase 6 is impossible

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Honestly, I think Ships 2.0 was possibly the worst update in two and half years but it was hardly impossible. I beat it fairly easily - and Biggs and Poe are my only g12 pilots and I haven't upgraded the Home One since 2.0 dropped.

I do agree that the "all or nothing" scoring can hurt - especially with RNG-fest that fleet battles are since 2.0 dropped (have I mentioned that it's horrible?) - but honestly, I prefer one decent battle over 2 boring ones and... a 3rd boring one.

Ships 2.0 is an rng disaster. It's beyond ridiculous. I did beat day 6 with Biggs, Fives and Bistan starting, clone sarge, Rex, ghost and phantom in reserves.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    It’s terrible...they completely broke the ship battles in territory battles, so they acknowledged this mistake and then broke it even more as a response.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I think the problem is that in previous TB when we got to wave 3 (Which is clearly the wave we are starting on) we already went through the reinforcement process, so we'd be starting with 5 ships vs their 3 and they knew this was likely to happen so they tuned the ships up a bit for 3v5s/3v4s. Getting thrown in right away makes the battles much harder.

This combined with the fact that through the previous waves you were reducing your capital's cooldown for its ultimate, so you could ulti right away.
    It's not impossible but has gotten very hard and caught many people off guard. This will cost many guilds since you now get 0 points.

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    They want you to spend money to boost your fleet.
    That's the whole point of ships 2.0.
    Nothing more than another cashgrab.
    Well played €A, great move.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Kreontas wrote: »
    Vertigo wrote: »
    I think the problem is that in previous TB when we got to wave 3 (Which is clearly the wave we are starting on) we already went through the reinforcement process, so we'd be starting with 5 ships vs their 3 and they knew this was likely to happen so they tuned the ships up a bit for 3v5s/3v4s. Getting thrown in right away makes the battles much harder.

This combined with the fact that through the previous waves you were reducing your capital's cooldown for its ultimate, so you could ulti right away.
    It's not impossible but has gotten very hard and caught many people off guard. This will cost many guilds since you now get 0 points.

Yeah, there were still a bunch of people in our guild able to beat it, but mostly the ones who didn't donate to platoons, luckily we will still 3* off of sheer Ship GP anyways, but it definitely shouldn't be set up this way in the future. I don't see why they needed to change it after the ships 2.0 update.... It's not like we all of sudden had 2 less ships to start with in TB because of 2.0.... TB already was set up the way 2.0 is set up...
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My g11 and g12 rebel ships at full protection and HP got 1 shot by the TIE swarm and it ended my otherwise well executed run. I know the ship changes were not meant to add strategy or fun, but only to monetize and I guess we'll have to live with that in fleet arena. However costing guilds stars they previously earned no problem is likely the lowest thing done to the community since the JTR expose nerf.

Please stop introducing content (see DS TB on release) before the changes to support it are live (ship tables).
  • Options
    Gibrise wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how often do folks in this thread change their capital ship? Or are you using the same ship all the time, every time?

I stick with Chrimera, but things will change as people boost up other captiol ships and find new combos that improve the meta on ships

I use Executrix and i hold my position very well.
  • Options
    No problem with the Developers changing the mission difficulty or tuning the AI to be more tactical in their strategy.

BUT

Remember the time Developers said communication was the key? Yeah, I 'member. I suppose people would be less **** if there had been some update notes to TB Ship missions or difficulty.

If there was a post by the Developers, I stand corrected. Otherwise, I gather from this thread that the Developers did not inform us beforehand again.

What's the point of holding Q&A sessions, live interviews, make empty promises only to revert to the complained behaviour?
  • Options
    Tier 6 ships wasn't easy, but considering that the 6th round with ground troops on tiers 6 requires 5 G12 Zeta'd rebels I'd say the ship battle is actually proportionate to the rest.

I was able to beat it with Biggs, Ghost, Phantom2, Res: Cassian, Falcon, Poe, Bistan. All gear 11, res on Cas and Poe. Ackbar hasn't been leveled up since 2.0. I came close to losing, but I think the key is setting up the TIE with TL, Expose, Defense down then using as many unavoidable attacks as possible, Bistan, Poe's special all work to take out the TIE without giving Tarkin all the TM.

It's honestly the first time any ship battle has challenged me in the LS Territory Battles. Before this I'd just auto and put the phone down.

The only changes I really want are a) make the LS battles 4 not 6 and b) stop making every single Marquee event 6 tiers of fighting stormtroopers, I'm already sick to death of fighting them from the Territory Battles!
  • Options
    Anyone here actually beat the final battle?
    No one in my guild did.
    Once again a great job done by EA. Their motto is “you are the beta testers”.
  • Troygon
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    Tier 6 ships wasn't easy, but considering that the 6th round with ground troops on tiers 6 requires 5 G12 Zeta'd rebels I'd say the ship battle is actually proportionate to the rest.
    Yeah, but even with my modest Rogue One squad, I get thru 4 phases and earn some points. All or nothing looks like it's taking me guild from 3 to 2 stars for phase 6.
    I have a >1 million power ship fleet, I'm very dedicated to ships, stay in the top 20 in my arena, and didn't beat it. I probably could squeek it out in future plays, but this is not a good change.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    Options
    Tier 5 and 6 are insane. Can't win. The enemy ships keep on coming
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Options
    I beat it, but across our 104m guild the success rate dropped to 20-30%. With the entire opposing squad going first, it makes a big different who they happen to target (rng). Many guildies who take #1 every day in fleet lost. I instructed everyone to save their best ships for combat - we have some people without a 6* LS cap who could cover those platoons. Didn't save our star. We were getting close to the 3rd star, today we will struggle to get 2. Looks like the change cost us 10-15m TP on that node.
  • Options
    i was able to clear every wave of previous LSTB 7* CM. this time around, however, i only defeated 2 Dark side ships. every single DS ship went before i did.

these TB changes are fubar. i can’t wait to see how it works in the DSTB
  • Options
    I love ships in TB now, it actually takes some trying and not just auto.. in P6 you only need 60M in TP to 3* so as long as your guild is close to that or over it like us. Not a big deal really..
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how often do folks in this thread change their capital ship? Or are you using the same ship all the time, every time?

I would just like to point out that CG manipulating the rework to "force change" the meta is part of the issue.

That's how all the metas change. They used CLS to change the meta. They used JTR to change the meta. They used the Empire rework to change the meta. And yes, they changed (somewhat) the meta with Ships 2.0.

I'm still not seeing the RNG problems you guys are suggesting, but I am still finding Ships 2.0 almost as rote as Ships 1.0. The advent of reinforcement helps a little, but only because my choice of reinforcement boils down to two viable options rather than one. Reinforcements would add a lot more variety if everyone's starting line-up wasn't Biggs, Tie Advanced and Tie Fighter.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Gibrise wrote: »

I stick with Chrimera, but things will change as people boost up other captiol ships and find new combos that improve the meta on ships

I use Executrix and i hold my position very well.

I'm using Home One and do well. Got to #1 twice this week. Cashed out in the top 5 four times. Top 20 the whole week (and could probably have made it top 10 if I had the time to put in the effort to do five attempts).
  • Options
    First time I’ve ever lost this battle since November. As did many in my guild which because it is all or nothing will cause us to only get 2* when we were previously getting 3*
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    My vegde was destroy before he can move. I survived first tie ultimate but second kill me down. 0 scores. Sooooo nice interesting and rewarding...
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    Anyone here actually beat the final battle?
    No one in my guild did.
    Once again a great job done by EA. Their motto is “you are the beta testers”.

15 of 39 of my guild (p6) were able to beat it so far, but it's like a coinflip, whether you survive his special or not. We can't beat them before Tarkin enrages).

In p5 44 out of 49 were able to beat it.
    153m gp guild btw.
  • Options
    Qhue wrote: »
    Its doubly frustrating because Kylo Ren's Shuttle, which used to debuff the enemy capital ship turn meter, no longer does. Basically if you had a g12 Tie Fighter Pilot when Ships2.0 launched you got a free pass and if you had g12 anything else instead you lose.

*whispers*
    (TIE Pilot is a liability now. Don't use TIE Pilot. Too many attacks are unavoidable, and its dodge got balanced to the point where a dodgeable attack is occasionally worth the risk. It's still great against dumb players, though. If you think things are too random, stop relying on randomness-based ships.)
    */whisper*

Let me count:
    1. Vader
    2. Bistan
    3. Poe (special only)

Am i missing any? Otherwise, that’s 3, or 2.33 since poe’s special comes every 3 turns. I guess that’s “a lot”. And what happens if u run out of options? Lone enemy tfp decides to use foresight, and then u’re faced with a 100%tm chimaera with ultimate rdy

And the bigger issue is you could risk that dodgable attack with say fives’ special against 5 target locked enemies and clear all except for TFP who dodges (cause surprise, ~1-(0.85*0.8) gives u a 30+% dodge rate still), and then u get wiped by tarkin or chimaera’s ultimate.
  • Randocalrissian
    572 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Macattack9 wrote: »
    Yeah we definitely lost at least one star in p6 because of this. 113m GP guild with many who finish top 5 in ship arena (including myself), not one of us has finished the p6 ships combat.

See if a 113GP guild is losing stars imagine what a small, or mid tier guild is going through.... I still say this was not planned it makes 0 sense... i just think it's a bug they can explain away and not deal with... people with good fleets love it it's QOL time saver (not much). For everyone else it's horrible.

I imagine freshly new HAAT guilds (around that GP) really really feeling the burn on this
    Franimus wrote: »
    Ugh the all or nothing is HORRIBLE when combined with how much harder p5 and p6 have gotten! Please please please revert at least one of those two aspects! My guild is losing 1-2 stars from this not to mention it is VERY frustrating to get nothing after having whittled the enemy down to 2 ships after reinforcements have been exhausted on both sides.

These comments really go along with the original sentiment from my first post.