Double Drops - What are you farming this weekend?

Replies

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    Don’t waste Cantina energy on mods, it’s better to buy from Mods Store for high quality mods with credits, especially for those with speed secondary.
  • Options
    Sion, visas, holdo. On cantina not sure about ship mats or finishing Gar, then ISC or NS spirit. That, or speed mods
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Bariss/death trooper in cantina. Talzin, shore trooper, Sion and Holdo in light side /Dark side
  • Options
    Gheyst1214 wrote: »
    Vets for JTR...

Same.

Lord knows I don't want to lol...but here we go...

• Options
    I'm gonna try and finish KRU in Cantina but I haven't hit 6* yet so here's seeing how the drops go. In hard nodes, I'm doing my usual two hard node farms: Lobot and Tie Reaper (even if it's not as useful right now). Maybe I'll finally 7* the ship. Other than that, stun guns all the way.
  • Options
    Sion, M Talzin and NS Acolyte
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Vets for JTR...

Same.

I can feel your pain. I am doing the same with Chewie (Han is already finished). :s

• Options
    I’m doing reinforcement mats. My rates weren’t great but I still got about 20. And that’s doing all the 100 and 200 refreshes. Stopped at 400 ain’t nobody got money/time for that.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Don’t waste Cantina energy on mods, it’s better to buy from Mods Store for high quality mods with credits, especially for those with speed secondary.

I've only been playing for 6 months so I'm always out of credits because between legendaries, tb, ships, etc, you need like 30 rosters just to play the game.

Also when you spend 4M on a mod, then another 1M to upgrade it and it doesn't upgrade speed even once it makes you want to throw your phone across the room, at least with cantina energy mods it doesn't feel so bad when they don't upgrade.
  • Options
    Ezra Bridger to get him to 7 stars, and then the Vet Han and Chewie in cantina

With normal energy, Baze Malbus and Sabine Wren
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly the same as i do without double drop event.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Cantina: Ezra & Hera for Thrawn 7*

Hard Nodes: Scavenger Rey for JTR Event
  • Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »

I've only been playing for 6 months so I'm always out of credits because between legendaries, tb, ships, etc, you need like 30 rosters just to play the game.

Also when you spend 4M on a mod, then another 1M to upgrade it and it doesn't upgrade speed even once it makes you want to throw your phone across the room, at least with cantina energy mods it doesn't feel so bad when they don't upgrade.

PLUS you get to sell the mods you don't want for more credits :)
  • Options
    Gear. Just brought GA Thrawn to g12!
  • Options
    I was going to drop some real coin on crystals to finish off zombie and nihilus, but got zero character shards on 16 attempts. This has never happened before. Did I miss the fine prints, were the double drops for gear only?
  • Options
    I was going to drop some real coin on crystals to finish off zombie and nihilus, but got zero character shards on 16 attempts. This has never happened before. Did I miss the fine prints, were the double drops for gear only?

Drops on shards have been extremely horrible for me as well, even before the double drops. 2 full cantina passes the other day not even 1 vet shard.
  • Switcheroo
    50 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »

Just as a side note, maybe you do that already... Don't upgrade to lvl 15, go for lvl 12, that's where it can get the last step of speed. Then if it is real good you can still up to 15 if you want. Those last 3 levels are the most expensive ones.

Secondaries go up at level 6, 9 and 12. So some people actually only go to level 6 and if the speed doesn't go up they move on.

And only gold mods can up the speed secondary up to 3 times.
  • Options
    Farming reinforcement Mats... I can confirm the drop-rate is Horrendous. 1600 energy spent for 32 Mats.

I am actually ok with that. I mean you only need 100 mats to max out a ship. What would suck would be if they made them easier to get later.
  • Options
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Vets for JTR...

Same.

I can feel your pain. I am doing the same with Chewie (Han is already finished). :s

Long way to go my friend...long way to go.
  • GnarlyBandit2015
    144 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Drops on shards have been extremely horrible for me as well, even before the double drops. 2 full cantina passes the other day not even 1 vet shard.

I noticed that too, I was stuck at 64/65 on Vet Han for two days. I put in a ticket with EA and they sent me a link to the forum. I would be even be okay with 1 shard a day, I know that happens every now and then. But zero on double drop weekend is totally ridiculous. Makes the game look like a slot machine and the house is winning.

Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    Vis as, sion, millenium falcon, and c/d mods
  • Options
    Ugh, another 2 full cantina passes, no vet shards..
  • Options
    Using crystals on talzin and sion
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Options
    So far the only thing that is double dropping is not toon shards and gear shards that you need ? The fluff seems to be dropping
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Same as it ever was:
    Rose, Holdo, mods. Leftover energy goes to Command Shuttle/Sion.

I finished TIE Silencer a few days ago, otherwise I'd continue along with that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I could do with advice (https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/collection/)
    Should I farm:
    1) KRU - need him for FO team/BB8 + you get a nice ship!
    2) Barriss - replacement to JC but.....Jedi are pretty weak & reinforcement mats
    3) Potency Mods - praying for Speed secondaries.....

First round went to KRU....but I’ll change if you guys think it’s a mistake!
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Would like to farm reinforcement materials, but I haven't received a single one in over ten attempts. Combine that with others lamenting the drop rate and I'm not sure I want to waste the double drop opportunity on them.

So it'll be mods for cantina, and Talzin, Zombie and Sion for regular.
  • Options
    I could do with advice (https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/collection/)
    Should I farm:
    1) KRU - need him for FO team/BB8 + you get a nice ship!
    2) Barriss - replacement to JC but.....Jedi are pretty weak & reinforcement mats
    3) Potency Mods - praying for Speed secondaries.....

First round went to KRU....but I’ll change if you guys think it’s a mistake!

Nah - it's KRU mate.
  • Whatelse73
    2182 posts Member
    Options
    Got my KRU and his ship to 7* finally. But other than that, I'm mostly farming zeroes. Why? Because 2x0 is still zero.

If they had drop rates like KRU and his Ship do, I'd probably even drop more crystals on this, but doing 8x nodes for Sion and getting "2" shards, same for Talzin and Command Shuttle, is about how things are going.

I'm sure we'd all prefer 100% drop rate to 2x drop rates, but so be it.