Double Drops - What are you farming this weekend?

Replies

• Whatelse73
    2214 posts Member
    Options
    I could do with advice (https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/collection/)
    Should I farm:
    1) KRU - need him for FO team/BB8 + you get a nice ship!
    2) Barriss - replacement to JC but.....Jedi are pretty weak & reinforcement mats
    3) Potency Mods - praying for Speed secondaries.....

First round went to KRU....but I’ll change if you guys think it’s a mistake!

Go for KRU and his ship, the drop rates are still wicked high. (I really think they screwed up the 0.03% drop rate nodes are supposed to have and put it at 30% by mistake and just haven't gotten to fix it yet)

Barriss has her uses with a GK lead team, so that's a plus as well. Her 6A cantina node also has the reinforcement pieces for your ships, which is a biggie too.
  • ayybcall
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Definitely trying to finish up vets and be ready for JTR whenever she comes back
  • Options
    Cantina: Finishing both Kylos, and throwing anything extra at mods.
    Regular: Stun guns, Shoretrooper, FOST, and Sion/Command Shuttle. Not that I get any CS drops. Ever. Hope it's not bugged after moving Sion to that node.
  • Options
    Farmboy/old Ben
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Vet Han on Cantina. 9/9 on that so far :smile:
    Shore, Sion, Sabine & Veers on Normal
  • Buckbeak
    39 posts Member
    Options
    Well, spent gems to get 64 battles on Rose Tico, Holdo, and Baze. Got 8 shards. I get a better drop rate on normal days, been averaging 6 dops on 24 battles daily . I'd say bad luck, but whatever tweak doubles the drops clearly nerfs the drop rate.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    Well, spent gems to get 64 battles on Rose Tico, Holdo, and Baze. Got 8 shards. I get a better drop rate on normal days, been averaging 6 dops on 24 battles daily . I'd say bad luck, but whatever tweak doubles the drops clearly nerfs the drop rate.
    Sorry, but that's nonsense.
    The same routine, to the same percentage, will be followed to assign the rewards, shards or not.
    Doubling the output can only occur after the output has been defined & has no relation to its definition.

I got 9 Vet HS shards from 9 battles. So my experience is the opposite of yours.
    The same RNG issue exists with the rewards as it did before double drops were active.
    If you got 0 yesterday then, well, you know what double that would be if it was today.
    I had good RNG & sorry, but you unfortunately just had bad RNG.
    Claiming a nerfing of the drop rate is just pitchfork waving & my experience being directly contrary to yours proves it as such.
  • Options
    First day I saved up 500 cantina energy and bought 3 refreshes for 100. Almost 80 FOExe shards! I got scared away from mods and the ships reinforcement mats since my guild mates were reporting poor drop rates. I think tomorrow im going with Chirpa in cantina (he's at 6* now) cuz I just never bothered to finish him when CLS made chirpatine absolete in p3 haat (I'm hedging my bets that ewoks will be required for some legendary). Sion dropped 4 and also got 8 kylo shuttle, 4 Holdo shards 2 stun guns, and zero Visas. How's everyone elses projects going?

Good to know you got shuttle shards. I haven't seen any since the update dropped, glad(?) to know it's just bad RNG and not a bug.

Doesn't the Endor Escalation event give out zetas once you 7* Wicket? Ewoks seem like a good investment.
  • Options
    (I'm hedging my bets that ewoks will be required for some legendary).

I’m betting this too, but hopefully the only new Ewok needed is Wicket, because I don’t have Logray or Paploo anywhere near acceptable. Although if they are needed, hopefully the event is so far in the future I can farm them without hassle.

Other than Wicket, Death Trooper, Shore, and Talzin. I was trying for Captain Han but after 3 days and two double drop refreshes (which gave zero) with 10 total shards to show for it...I’ll come back to him later.
  • Options
    i can't do the new tier in the ship ability mat challenge since i don't have 6* executrix, which i also can't get because i don't have enough qualified dark side ships...so KRU/tie silencer for me.
  • Buddy
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Barriss in Cantina - had her on the to-do list and figured I might as well since the reinforcement mats are there.
    Holdo, Krennic, Talzin, Visas in hard nodes right now. Had amazing luck this morning and finished off Shoretrooper for his last 10 shards...
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Shoretrooper and Vets, just like before and after the double drops
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    (I'm hedging my bets that ewoks will be required for some legendary).
    I’m betting this too, but hopefully the only new Ewok needed is Wicket, because I don’t have Logray or Paploo anywhere near acceptable. Although if they are needed, hopefully the event is so far in the future I can farm them without hassle.

Now that you guys mention this, that seems like the obvious way to release 3P0
  • Options
    *sigh*
    Barriss. Maybe I will get some reinforcement mats too.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Regular: Stun guns, Shoretrooper, FOST, and Sion/Command Shuttle. Not that I get any CS drops. Ever. Hope it's not bugged after moving Sion to that node.

It's not. Though that doesn't mean the drop rate wasn't nerfed.
  • Options
    Hey guys I am looking for some direction on what to farm and what teams to continue to focus on.. My Phoenix is decent about to have all but sabien at 7*. Any suggestions on where I should go next would be awesome https://swgoh.gg/u/mrmadison/
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Gotta finish that vet farm before the next JTR event
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    mrmadison wrote: »
    Hey guys I am looking for some direction on what to farm and what teams to continue to focus on.. My Phoenix is decent about to have all but sabien at 7*. Any suggestions on where I should go next would be awesome https://swgoh.gg/u/mrmadison/

You could start preparing to get CLS. Requires the following characters, all 7 stars:
    Luke Skywalker (Farmboy)
    Princess Leia
    R2-D2
    Stormtrooper Han
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    Of course, to get 7-star R2 you need a strong Empire team.
  • Options
    So seems I need to farm up my empire team so i can get to 7star r2dt

My empire I am looking at is
    Leader darth Vader
    Then royal gaurd
    Death trooper
    Tie fighter pilot
    Grab marth tarken

Is that a good team to level?

Does my emperor palpatine have any use ?
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Sion
    talzin
    wicket
    sith marauder
    Some low gear node that can already drop 2 to 3 times ( so 4 or 6 ;) )
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie, Finn, Holdo, Resistance Trooper, and gear. My initial energy dump got me over forty Chewie shards.
    Still not a he.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Degs29 wrote: »

It's not. Though that doesn't mean the drop rate wasn't nerfed.

No worries, it wasn't nerfed. You still get roughly 30%. It's just that when someone sims it 8 times and gets 4 shards (Well, 8, given the double drops) they don't say anything. I'm very bad at math, someone who's better needs to calculate the exact probabilities, but I'm pretty sure that 4 successes in 8 sims is rarer than 0 successes in 8 sims, assuming 30% success rate.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Woohoo! 46 Vet HS shards from 30 battles, even without double drops that's a great rate at 23/30!
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    4 in 8 of a 30% is significantly more likely than 0 in 8. 17.1% and 3.9% respectively.

However, as an oddity of the probabilities of unlikely events, you will get a below average result more often than an above average result.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Cantina: KRU, preparing for the next Bb8 event
    Normal: Sion
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Options
    Not wasting energy farming any more ships, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Question, if the event is DOUBLE DROPS, how come I either get none or 1 shard? 2 x 0 = 0 ok, fine. 1 x 2 = 1? New math?
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Question, if the event is DOUBLE DROPS, how come I either get none or 1 shard? 2 x 0 = 0 ok, fine. 1 x 2 = 1? New math?
    0 shards, you've answered yourself.
    1 shard? 33% chance, maybe you hit a 0.5?
    lol joke, no idea, although maybe my flippant suggestion is not so far removed?