Are you satisfied with the new Ship 2.0 update?

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    ...now you've just sent the message that our hard work can be nerfed at any time so why bother trying
    If that's someone's mindset, they better give up on any online game ever. Go back to playing solitaire with cards.

Oh sure, I suppose you're going to say you don't remember the Ace of Diamonds being nerfed?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    So far CG countered a meta toon with another meta toon without nerfing anyone! Why didn't they just do it with ships - if you want to counter the Reaper and Imperial TIE don't nerf them, just buff the other ships or add new ones that can counter them, without spitting on player's time and effort on farming the Reaper! Is that so hard?

I get the Reaper frustration - it was definitely diminished.

ITF though - I don't really think it was a nerf. Yes, it dodges less. But that dodge grants 50% TM to Imperial cap ships. And with fewer ships in play, it's almost always a race to the ultimate. A lucky dodge can completely change the course of the battle. I'd argue that ITF is even STRONGER in that regard.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    I pretty much just don’t play it anymore. I was my fav part of the game but now is just RNG. I join an match and the machine decides who wins. I just auto play the daily challenges and then move on. Sucks considering i spent almost 2 years working on ships i don’t even look at anymore
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    I join an match and the machine decides who wins.

You're doing it wrong then.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Do please enlighten us with a video or screens how to do it right then!

Run a fast Tarkin, must be faster than the other cap ship. Open with TF special. After your cap ship goes, opposing cap ship uses AOE, your TF dodges, your cap ship goes again and you've got four ships out. This is just one of many strategies available to you if you think for a bit rather than just complaining.

You're welcome.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Run a fast Tarkin, must be faster than the other cap ship. Open with TF special. After your cap ship goes, opposing cap ship uses AOE, your TF dodges, your cap ship goes again and you've got four ships out. This is just one of many strategies available to you if you think for a bit rather than just complaining.

You're welcome.

While all of this sounds good on theory and i indeed had the advantage with 4v2 ships, the RNG quickly turned the tables with 3 misses (2 on counterattack and 1 on basic) from my Slave 1 against the enemy's Imperial TIE... and of course his Chimaera got to the ultimate first and simply destroyed me!

Keep working on your ships then. I win most of the time, even if I can't use this trick.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes I am playing a different game. I can overcome bad RNG, you can't.

If you don't want to adapt that's your call.
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    Please? Can we please fix the daily challenges? Honestly still cant get ant blue upgrade materials since the update when i was already putting up a star on it before. Maybe i could progress if i got thise materials to level up my ships abilities buuuuuut its impossible to beat with all 4 star ships. This is a 3 star recommended challenge ****? Im not that bad off usually in the top 50 and here i am 1 level away from unlocking the next challenge but still cant beat the one before it what the actual ****?
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.

You're welcome.

While all of this sounds good on theory and i indeed had the advantage with 4v2 ships, the RNG quickly turned the tables with 3 misses (2 on counterattack and 1 on basic) from my Slave 1 against the enemy's Imperial TIE... and of course his Chimaera got to the ultimate first and simply destroyed me!

Then run something that doesn’t rely on RNG. That’s the biggest reason I’m switching to Geos.

My only complaint is that this is just a money grab by making omegas so hard to get. I have all these previously maxed out ships and no way to farm omegas for them.
  • Options
    Yes, absolutely.
    Altazar wrote: »

With 113 votes at the time of my post, not sure this poll represents gamers.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I am playing a different game. I can overcome bad RNG, you can't.

If you don't want to adapt that's your call.

How does one adapt to bad RNG, especially as ridiculous as the AI's is in 2.0 considering it's TLs and Evade rate?

You already have your answer, from several people, you just refuse to listen.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    My only complaint is that this is just a money grab by making omegas so hard to get. I have all these previously maxed out ships and no way to farm omegas for them.

1) Pay to get what you want fast
    2) Play for free and get it later

It's the model of this game. They have to make money or the game goes away.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    No. It's terrible.
    One thing i found out. We dont have a speed meta and thats really fine.
    No speed mods is way better than speed mod lottery
    ... and i change my mind...
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    The RNG in fleet is disgustingly favored towards AI and the bugs make fleet a joke now. Why can Sunfac stun through foresight? if my Sunfac can "miss" an opponent w/o foresight, why can an opponent sunfac still hit and stun my TFP w/ foresight?

Why won't my TFP debuff a TL'ed opponent?

Why is it with my chimera, if I don't use Thrawn's ultimate the first time, the counter goes back up?

Are the developers even listening?
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.

1) Pay to get what you want fast
    2) Play for free and get it later

It's the model of this game. They have to make money or the game goes away.

This is not even a money grab. All they had to do was introduce the hardware/zeta materials and folks would still pay.

I don't get how this can be "Faster" only way this has been faster is when the RNG decides to kick your **** and kill you off in 30 secs. meanwhile your ships are missing everything
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    CG you know ships 2.0 is garbage! How many more complains do you need to fix this?!?!
  • Cerus
    1 posts Member
    Options
    No. It's terrible.
    The new ships update is horrible. It took a game mode that was essentially boring but suitable, to now be both somehow boring and frustrating st the same time normal 5e looking at you. The RNJESUS is rarely kind, the biggs Mets was strong b4 and now is almost omnipotent, turn meters for capitals dont make sense (fought a slower capital vs biggs DV and Fotf, my capital was faster, yet somehow they went first.

I just can't fathom how an update they had been purportedly working on for over a year could be this poorly conceived. Before I'd do my obligatory one or two and auto the match, now I auto one match and do their fleet battles which are ridiculous. 5e normal anyone?

Inb4 my ranking is better now than it was pre update, I just went from having little to no fun in ships to negative fun
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    How are players supposed to know if there are polls where their opinion can be expressed if you (CG) don't advertise with an in game pop-up? You do pop-ups to advertise for us to spend money.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No. It's terrible.
    How are players supposed to know if there are polls where their opinion can be expressed if you (CG) don't advertise with an in game pop-up? You do pop-ups to advertise for us to spend money.

I'd guess if they thought the results would be positive, they'd sticky it. If they expect negative feedback, they'd let it disappear into the abyss.

"Communication" and "propaganda" can be synonymous.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    Pre update, I used all my battles to attempt to get my best ranking and payout. Now I do 1 battle a day to collect my omega mat
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    I was managing to make a post just to say i hate them, i don't play ships anymore.
    I have such no pleasure to play ships that we should count in negative number...
  • Options
    No. It's terrible.
    I'm loving the concept of what was put out. Battles have slowed down and been made more rng dependant, which is the opposite of what they said, but I can see where strategy comes in. Especially in the pve tables, but the lack of an ally to assist makes the late stages annoying
  • Marev
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    No. It's terrible.
    Really don‘t like how they even increased RNG dependance... last 6 matches all went like „My TIE -> no lock, their TIE on Vader -> lock, their Vader -> steals my Vader‘s turn, then my Biggs fails to lock and my Vader gets a double attack, killing him.“ At this point, I usually just quit because there is just no coming back from that unless you REALLY luck out.
    This happened before as well, but with 4 ships left, you still had a fighting chance. Now... well, no.

I love the reinforcement abilities and the ship reworks in general, but 3v3 is just killing it. If I didn‘t need the crystals, I would have stopped playing ships by now.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to try something different if you keep getting the same result every time. If nothing else, you need to get a faster TIE Advanced.