Ships 2.0 Update - 6/7/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Ships 2.0 to me is like you followed the rules, improved your game based on the rules and then they changed the rules. This is different from introducing newer more powerful ships or reworking weaker ships, which is expected of a collection type game. Ships 2.0 is the worst aspect of the game for me and really clouds my perception of the game. You should revert the previous abilities of the ships prior to 2.0. You can improve ships but no nerfing.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    I feel that ships have greatly improved, but everyone is complaining because their Tie advanced, biggs, Chimaera is so RNG...well develop something else. Everyone just tried to upgrade the units they already had maxed gear wise, try some of the other ships you had not focused on and you will find variety.

PS: Majority of my battles last 1 to 2 minutes, just gotta find the right team.

WTH! I. Can't. Win. One. Battle. Only way I win is if I drop a couple ranks, and then try and "gun" for the lower squads of Slave 1, Biggs, and Plo with Wedge, Poe, Ahsoka, and JC in reserve. Paired mostly with GMT or Adm Ackbar.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a completely different experience. Currently ranked at 19th for the evening and my daily fluctuation goes anywhere from 8th to 30's. Fights are fast and it's rare that I lose more than one battle a day. I never cancel out of a battle and have pulled off some surprising/close wins at the end of matches that didn't look good early. I don't play the odd reindeer games that I've seen referred to in this thread -- like waiting for the timer to wind down before taking a final kill-shot, etc. Don't have that kind of extra time on my hands.

For the record, Tarkin is also the most powerful toon in my roster -- heavily speed-oriented potency mods and one Zeta short of being maxed out completely. Starting lineup (Boba/Biggs/Sun Fac) is a modification of my previous 5-ship lineup (Biggs/Sun Fac/Vader/Reaper/Cassian) with Reaper, Vader, and Consulate waiting in the reinforcement ranks. 90% of the time, I call in Vader on the first reinforcement wave to eliminate their taunting Biggs, then Reaper to debuff their typical Boba call-in and start removing TM from their capital ship with each kill.

I can't relate to those upset about not being able to get to #1 in three fights every day. I've never been that guy. I've always had to work to climb and retain and I thought that was half the fun? Sorry that you top-5 folks can no longer sit like Jabba owning the world with a hookah in your hand. :smile:

Yea dude. 50+ pages of responses from folks who were all sitting pretty on top of their shards....

Maybe you're the exception?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Natos wrote: »
    Yea dude. 50+ pages of responses from folks who were all sitting pretty on top of their shards....

Thing of it is, ships 1.0 wasn't competitive. No one cared. At one point I was in 321st place for a week straight by doing nothing more than going into one battle early in the morning, retreating as soon as it was my turn, and then not touching ships again for the rest of the day. That's seven consecutive days of doing nothing and my rank not changing. When I woke up and found myself at 322nd place, I did five fights and finished 210, then went back to not caring.

People at the very, very top of each leaderboard were sitting pretty because the pressure beneath them was minimal at best--no one cared. Now folks care again.

The meta before was bad and drove people away from this part of the game. Now the folks at the top are trying to do the same thing in 2.0 that worked in 1.0 and aren't getting the same results because the meta changed. You change with it. Or you don't, and you lose, and that's okay, too. But coming here and crying foul because the meta that was in place for the past 15 months since TIE Reaper was released and now it's changed? That's pretty lame.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    I feel that ships have greatly improved, but everyone is complaining because their Tie advanced, biggs, Chimaera is so RNG...well develop something else. Everyone just tried to upgrade the units they already had maxed gear wise, try some of the other ships you had not focused on and you will find variety.

PS: Majority of my battles last 1 to 2 minutes, just gotta find the right team.

WTH! I. Can't. Win. One. Battle. Only way I win is if I drop a couple ranks, and then try and "gun" for the lower squads of Slave 1, Biggs, and Plo with Wedge, Poe, Ahsoka, and JC in reserve. Paired mostly with GMT or Adm Ackbar.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a completely different experience. Currently ranked at 19th for the evening and my daily fluctuation goes anywhere from 8th to 30's. Fights are fast and it's rare that I lose more than one battle a day. I never cancel out of a battle and have pulled off some surprising/close wins at the end of matches that didn't look good early. I don't play the odd reindeer games that I've seen referred to in this thread -- like waiting for the timer to wind down before taking a final kill-shot, etc. Don't have that kind of extra time on my hands.

For the record, Tarkin is also the most powerful toon in my roster -- heavily speed-oriented potency mods and one Zeta short of being maxed out completely. Starting lineup (Boba/Biggs/Sun Fac) is a modification of my previous 5-ship lineup (Biggs/Sun Fac/Vader/Reaper/Cassian) with Reaper, Vader, and Consulate waiting in the reinforcement ranks. 90% of the time, I call in Vader on the first reinforcement wave to eliminate their taunting Biggs, then Reaper to debuff their typical Boba call-in and start removing TM from their capital ship with each kill.

I can't relate to those upset about not being able to get to #1 in three fights every day. I've never been that guy. I've always had to work to climb and retain and I thought that was half the fun? Sorry that you top-5 folks can no longer sit like Jabba owning the world with a hookah in your hand. :smile:

Shhhhhhh... he still thinks his ‘heavily speed-oriented potency mods and one Zeta short of being maxed out’ really matters...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Shhhhhhh... he still thinks his ‘heavily speed-oriented potency mods and one Zeta short of being maxed out’ really matters...

Yeah, I was actually reading up to that point, then I realised I should stop reading :D lol

This update to 2.0 is terrible, nothing but a fact that, and so far the responses have not even dealt with anything important as they have dodged the issues about it.

We not gonna forget by the time pve tables roll around, it will just remind us.
    Everyday we are reminded through the arena.
    Every TW and TB we will be reminded.

fix what you broke instead of fixing what didn't need to be fixed.
  • Options

I was simply giving details on my successful fleet strategy so those unable to get a “SINGLE” win can compare. But hey, screw me for trying to help, right?

My lack of extensive galaxy of heroes knowledge compared to you is a regret I will carry for the rest of my life, I’m sure.
  • Options
    Please expedite the return of ships 1.0
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options

I was simply giving details on my successful fleet strategy so those unable to get a “SINGLE” win can compare. But hey, screw me for trying to help, right?

My lack of extensive galaxy of heroes knowledge compared to you is a regret I will carry for the rest of my life, I’m sure.

That was not the point :/ point was you’re not so involved in fleet as majority of commented in this thread people are. But you tried to teach them a lesson... you even did the logic ‘mistake of survivalists’ - I am ok, so everyone should be ok. Move along, fella, glad you like ships 2.0, but many have rather valuable reasons not to love it...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Thing of it is, ships 1.0 wasn't competitive. No one cared. At one point I was in 321st place for a week straight by doing nothing more than going into one battle early in the morning, retreating as soon as it was my turn, and then not touching ships again for the rest of the day. That's seven consecutive days of doing nothing and my rank not changing. When I woke up and found myself at 322nd place, I did five fights and finished 210, then went back to not caring.

People at the very, very top of each leaderboard were sitting pretty because the pressure beneath them was minimal at best--no one cared. Now folks care again.

The meta before was bad and drove people away from this part of the game. Now the folks at the top are trying to do the same thing in 2.0 that worked in 1.0 and aren't getting the same results because the meta changed. You change with it. Or you don't, and you lose, and that's okay, too. But coming here and crying foul because the meta that was in place for the past 15 months since TIE Reaper was released and now it's changed? That's pretty lame.

321st eh? Wow. Lol.

If you were holding at 10 then sure.
    But there comes a point where you become too much of a challenge for the people below you and you bottom out wherever that is.

Doesn't mean it's not competitive, as we don't know how many people are in our fleet shards. If you took all your ships out but the required minimum and you used only your weakest ships and you STILL didn't drop, then I'd agree with you.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

321st eh? Wow. Lol.

But there comes a point where you become too much of a challenge for the people below you and you bottom out wherever that is.

Doesn't mean it's not competitive, as we don't know how many people are in our fleet shards. If you took all your ships out but the required minimum and you used only your weakest ships and you STILL didn't drop, then I'd agree with you.
    I was using Endurance when that was a big "HIT ME" sign and you would frequently lose to 5* Chimaeras.

We don't know how many people are on each leaderboard, but what I know now is that things have become much more volatile and people rise and fall every day. There's a reason for me to do attacks now, and those attacks involve some actual tactical thought as well as considering the larger strategy of what to put in reserve.

You think it's all just RNG and coin flips, but you're like some kid who put their toe in the hot tub, said it's too hot, and then went away. Get in there, get used to it, enjoy the water, it's wonderful.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie you either missed the pages of comments about the complaints on ships 2.0 (highly unlikely) or saw them and your rebuttal was to circumvent around the subject and ignore the blatant rng problem. (Highly likely). Your community awaited your response for a long time and you failed us all with your lack of involvement. Word of consumer advice: get involved with your deteriorating community.
  • Options

321st eh? Wow. Lol.

I was using Endurance when that was a big "HIT ME" sign and you would frequently lose to 5* Chimaeras.

We don't know how many people are on each leaderboard, but what I know now is that things have become much more volatile and people rise and fall every day. There's a reason for me to do attacks now, and those attacks involve some actual tactical thought as well as considering the larger strategy of what to put in reserve.

You think it's all just RNG and coin flips, but you're like some kid who put their toe in the hot tub, said it's too hot, and then went away. Get in there, get used to it, enjoy the water, it's wonderful.

Lol ok. Except I do five battles a day, trying different leads, different ships, and different strategies. It is most definitely an RNG/Coin-flip at the top, which I assume you are not anywhere near or you'd know that.
  • Options

321st eh? Wow. Lol.

what is wonderful if you something that the player painstakingly built up the years whit an update destroyed??? The game goes in a direction most players do not want, SithRaid, Ships 2.0 and the next updates will go in the same direction. You have destroyed a nice game and you will destroy it even further
  • avex_Tommy
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Has anyone tried lstb p6 ships? No one in my guild won a single battle, thanks for ripping off one star @CG_Carrie
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Yograin
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Its much harder now. Probably due to all the missing omegas and other abilities on our LS ships. Not cool.

But I dont like anything about the new ships. Was boring and now its boring and annoying.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    avex_Tommy wrote: »
    Has anyone tried lstb p6 ships? No one in my guild won a single battle, thanks for ripping off one star
    Oh, right, I need to do that. Hold on.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, nope--got it done pretty easily. Have to admit that it was frustrating for the AI to start with 100% TM, but otherwise it was pretty simple.

Home One with Biggs, Wedge, 5s. Target lock TIE Advance with 5s' special, Biggs assist special, Wedge was ability blocked so he just used a basic, Home One special to call two assists and finish off TIE Advance. Then focus on TIE Reaper. Brought Poe in with my first reinforcement because I figured his special would take out the Reaper, but it just has so much health... I hit like a brick, but only did 90% health, which sounds like a humble brag but I swear isn't--I'm pretty annoyed it didn't finish him off. Biggs died because I used Home One's basic to bring a second attack and finish off TIE Reaper instead of healing Biggs with the cleanse special. Brought Clone ARC in next. Executrix did its ult, scratched the paint on a couple ships but didn't destroy anything. Finished with Wedge in yellow and Biggs dead (as noted) but otherwise did it with five ships. The sixth ship came in on the last turn, but I could just as easily have finished that final TIE Fighter reinforcement with Home One's basic and assist.

It's not super easy, you're not going to be doing this with all 7*, g7 pilots or anything. But it's way easier than a comparable squad Combat Mission in the same column.
  • Options
    @NicWester Didn't you say in the other ships thread that you just play for fun and stay in the 300s and don't ladder climb?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Didn't you say in the other ships thread that you just play for fun and stay in the 300s and don't ladder climb?

No, I climb as high as I can. Right now I’ve plateaued because I only geared up Mace Windu since in 1.0 you only needed one Capital Ship. It just so happens that I picked the wrong one and now I’m gearing up the other admirals. I’ll be climbing again soon enough.

Unless you’re referring to my old position in 1.0? I stopped climbing then because 1.0 was awful and I didn’t want to play it any more.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Has anyone tried lstb p6 ships? No one in my guild won a single battle, thanks for ripping off one star @CG_Carrie

the exact same for my guild, thanks @CG_Carrie for your untested and unbalanced 3v3 ships update
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    They really made a mess with TB, heh
  • Options
    To be blunt, I adapted to the changes after experimenting. I paid attention to the reinforcement abilities and adjusted to maximize them. Vader is no longer in the initial wave because he wreaks far more havoc when brought in (same with Reaper to a lesser degree). Boba is now in the starting lineup because it forces opponents to address him early. I do not retain my final placing through 24 hours, but I win FAR more than I lose.

This cuts to the heart of the biggest problem with 2.0: Players' unwillingness to accept it. I hated 2.0 the day it finally released, go back and look at my first few posts, but over a week later I've come to really enjoy it and look forward to more stuff to do. I had to change my entire lineup because the capital ship I invested heavily in (Endurance) is complete and total garbage now, but I adapted and genuinely like fleet battles now.

I'm suffering in rank because my other admirals are g8, but that's something that will get better over time.

I have to respectfully disagree that mace is garbage. I ran him in 1.0. And still do in 2.0 and win upwards of 90% of my battles in 2 minutes or less. I'm on a day 1 shard, very active. Everyone still runs thrawn, biggs, vader and either tfp or sun fac. I finish top 5 every day.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    People think their experience is the only experience. They also think the loudest experiences are the only experiences.

no, i believe you are incorrect. I have noticed that my experience has been repeated over and over by other players in this thread.

So, in other words, you think that your experience is the only one because it coincides with the loudest one?

No I think my experience is the most common one. Troll
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Dblade21 wrote: »
    To be blunt, I adapted to the changes after experimenting. I paid attention to the reinforcement abilities and adjusted to maximize them. Vader is no longer in the initial wave because he wreaks far more havoc when brought in (same with Reaper to a lesser degree). Boba is now in the starting lineup because it forces opponents to address him early. I do not retain my final placing through 24 hours, but I win FAR more than I lose.

This cuts to the heart of the biggest problem with 2.0: Players' unwillingness to accept it. I hated 2.0 the day it finally released, go back and look at my first few posts, but over a week later I've come to really enjoy it and look forward to more stuff to do. I had to change my entire lineup because the capital ship I invested heavily in (Endurance) is complete and total garbage now, but I adapted and genuinely like fleet battles now.

I'm suffering in rank because my other admirals are g8, but that's something that will get better over time.

I have to respectfully disagree that mace is garbage. I ran him in 1.0. And still do in 2.0 and win upwards of 90% of my battles in 2 minutes or less. I'm on a day 1 shard, very active. Everyone still runs thrawn, biggs, vader and either tfp or sun fac. I finish top 5 every day.

What ships are you using? I tried a variety and have had zero luck. The closest I came was a defensive setup with Biggs, 5s, and Vader. But Endurance was just too slow to get off his aoe and apply Valor, and once he did it took too long to get his second turn to reinforce. The match was practically over—though I managed to get my ult off. But it was too little, too late—Chimaera or Executrix would get their ults off before me and then it was just playing out the string from there.
  • Dblade21
    168 posts Member
    Options

What ships are you using? I tried a variety and have had zero luck. The closest I came was a defensive setup with Biggs, 5s, and Vader. But Endurance was just too slow to get off his aoe and apply Valor, and once he did it took too long to get his second turn to reinforce. The match was practically over—though I managed to get my ult off. But it was too little, too late—Chimaera or Executrix would get their ults off before me and then it was just playing out the string from there.

I run biggs, bistan and Vader, with 5s, boba, plo koon and sarge off the bench. All pilots are g12 except for plo koon.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

I run biggs, bistan and Vader, with 5s, boba, plo koon and sarge off the bench. All pilots are g12 except for plo koon.

I would not be surprised if you got some timeout wins on D with that lineup and maces taunts and healing
  • rodandreelguy
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

LOL p6 is ridiculous now.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    I ranked top 20 and keep on doing but still find this ship 2.0 boring needing more luck, it goes down for me if tfp target lock fails.
    TB is really bad now, if you lose no points earned.
  • Tarugo91
    294 posts Member
    Options
    TB P6 is ridiculous
  • Options
    Short response to your upgrade of ship battles for fleet arena and TB ;

Background : since the day1 of my game playing , I have been focusing on ships because SW means space and space ships as well as sith / Jedi conflict. So I am playing this game for ships and I am getting #1 rank of ships since the 2017 May.

Q: Did I like Ships 2.0 update for fleet arena ?
    A: absolutely not !

I am still gathering #1 reward , but everything is about RNG of AI in the game. No brain needed. I can get the same result if I click " Auto" .

Q: did I like ship 2.0 in TB ?
    A: absolutely not !
    My pilots are usually gold gear with mostly zetaed. Yet it depends fully on RNG in stage6. Which is just ridiculous. I am currently in 122+ M guild , so far 2 guys could manage to break the last stage of fleet combat mission. Which is far from do-able ( which is a must for a game )

Q: has it been more fun ?
    A: not anymore...

Sorry but , this ship ( so-called) upgrade has been meant to make it worse , not better.