G12 and Heroic Raid Reward Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Natos wrote: »
    Guys you are looking at this all wrong. This update is a great opportunity for all you 120-130GP Guilds to get on the Heoric Sith Bandwagon! Just get out there and recruit the 3.5M guys at the butt end of Ti, Wallet Warriors, 66, the Alliance, etc sith raid rankings. No real incentive for those guys to take 50 each raid in their mega guilds and get paltry g12+ rewards when they could be taking 1st spot in YOUR guilds and getting full pieces!

As they say, Better a Big Fish in a Small pond!

Except, you know, all the feedback the community gave over the last month explicitly stating that the guild breaking nature of STR was a primary concern...

Yep - this is the bigger concern in the long run. Many keep saying this is about the upper 1% or whatever, but that is not the issue at all. The new HSith reward structure will totally annihilate any cohesive guild structure in the game in the long term, as players continually are forced to reshuffle to find guilds where they can finish near the top for the crucial gear. Amazingly poor design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Guys you are looking at this all wrong. This update is a great opportunity for all you 120-130GP Guilds to get on the Heoric Sith Bandwagon! Just get out there and recruit the 3.5M guys at the butt end of Ti, Wallet Warriors, 66, the Alliance, etc sith raid rankings. No real incentive for those guys to take 50 each raid in their mega guilds and get paltry g12+ rewards when they could be taking 1st spot in YOUR guilds and getting full pieces!

Except, you know, all the feedback the community gave over the last month explicitly stating that the guild breaking nature of STR was a primary concern...

Yep - this is the bigger concern in the long run. Many keep saying this is about the upper 1% or whatever, but that is not the issue at all. The new HSith reward structure will totally annihilate any cohesive guild structure in the game in the long term, as players continually are forced to reshuffle to find guilds where they can finish near the top for the end-game gear crucial to maintaining top end play. Amazingly poor design.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    CG wanna see a smile on most of our faces? Let us sell gear we have tons and tons of. Even a one day only sale would be AMAZING!
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

Yep - this is the bigger concern in the long run. Many keep saying this is about the upper 1% or whatever, but that is not the issue at all. The new HSith reward structure will totally annihilate any cohesive guild structure in the game in the long term, as players continually are forced to reshuffle to find guilds where they can finish near the top for the crucial gear. Amazingly poor design.

I refuse to do it. I'll fall from the top of arena now. I've already accepted it. But I'm not going to abandon my guild to chase crystals.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Shoot. I just realized, unlike the first nerf, they didn't increase the guild currency payout
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe they will listen to their "game changers". This is from Ahnald and Han's most recent podcast. Time marked for when they start to talk about the new gear 12+. https://youtu.be/KDmDqt1QuWs?t=1386
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    Maybe they will listen to their "game changers". This is from Ahnald and Han's most recent podcast. Time marked for when they start to talk about the new gear 12+. https://youtu.be/KDmDqt1QuWs?t=1386

Quote, "It widens the gap"

Even the game changers call out CG on logic...

Language removed. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Options
    I think I'm misunderstanding the importance of finishing top 10 in HSTR. Based on the break down in crumb's post:

"Additionally, Ranks 1-10 have a small bonus chance to earn an extra fully crafted piece of G12+."

If past is prologue, then small probably means really small. Additionally, the difference in G12+ salvage from spots 4 thru 20 is 10% of a full piece (50% guaranteed for top 10 vs 40% average for 11-20).

I would hazard to say that this is flatter than the other two raids - and maybe by a lot.

If someone at position 11+ is leaving a guild so they can get four or five more salvage every fourth day, do you really want them around in the first place? There is so much more to being in a guild than placement in a single raid.
  • Options
    I think I'm misunderstanding the importance of finishing top 10 in HSTR. Based on the break down in crumb's post:

Additionally, the difference in G12+ salvage from spots 4 thru 20 is 10% of a full piece (50% guaranteed for top 10 vs 40% average for 11-20).

I would hazard to say that this is flatter than the other two raids - and maybe by a lot.

Yeah in the 2+ years we've played this game it's my experience when EA says "will earn 20%-50%" you can count on always being that guy who gets the 20%. So most people look at this post and see that ranks 1-3 are getting g12 at 2x the rate as someone placing 4-10, and ranks 4-10 are getting g12 at 2x the rate as the rest of the guild.

So if you can find a guild where you can score 1-3, you will be getting gear 12 at a rate 4x as fast as your arena shard mates who are in the bottom halfs of their mega guilds ;)

• Options
    @7AnimalMother I was using the average numbers from Crumb's introductory post.

I wasn't around when HAAT came out - did all of the heavy hitter guilds disband and find/form their own fiefdoms to get a better chance at fully crafted gear once it was mastered? It seems like the same exact thing as HAAT, as there was HAAT exclusive gear for a long while.

It feels like the game has been here before and maybe we're all forgetting that since the last year and a half as seen major changes in guild structure.
    • In the beginning, there was HAAT, and some guilds had 'anchor' members that could clear HAAT while willing to take on lesser rosters in exchange for 600. And there was high variance in guild member GP.
    • And then came CLS and TB, and with it, contraction to those with CLS and the Hoth Bros. and those without (and to a lesser extent total GP). And these guilds endured DS TB and TW.
    • And so it was until Heroic Sith, with which came even more contraction and even more roster scrutiny (the JTR haves and have nots).

If anything, this decentralizes some of the larger GP players so they can again go find their own fiefdoms. I don't think that's a bad thing for the game, and potentially means more Traya shards for players, just like it used to mean more GK shards for players.
  • Options

I wasn't around when HAAT came out - did all of the heavy hitter guilds disband and find/form their own fiefdoms to get a better chance at fully crafted gear once it was mastered? It seems like the same exact thing as HAAT, as there was HAAT exclusive gear for a long while.

Haat exclusive gear didn't have 12 speed on it. In all honesty, this is probably much much less of an issue if that one single stat was removed from the gear. Unfortunately we live in a game where the poor design has made speed king at the expense of all else in arena.
  • Options

Haat exclusive gear didn't have 12 speed on it. In all honesty, this is probably much much less of an issue if that one single stat was removed from the gear. Unfortunately we live in a game where the poor design has made speed king at the expense of all else in arena.

True story.
  • JeerCScaas
    186 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ban, silence, advert or kick me if you feel to.

This is the biggest **** and scam I've seen in the last 2 years and a half playing (paying) this game. And I've seen a lot.
    What makes it even worst is that you don't even care about lying to us or patronizing.

• Alaoh
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Fix ships on Tb
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I refuse to do it. I'll fall from the top of arena now. I've already accepted it. But I'm not going to abandon my guild to chase crystals.

Oh, I don't disagree - I won't leave my guild either. I am just pointing out how lame it is that the reward structure encourages even that mindset. I thought the point of guild events (TW, TB and Raids) were to encourage guilds to work together. Apparently, CG would prefer to encourage guilds to be non-friendly, competitive and break apart. Either that or they simply have no concept as to how to design a reward structure that is both rewarding and encourages cooperation.

But when it comes to CG/EA, I have learned to lean heavily into Hanlon's Razor as the usual explanation. :/

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The “flattening” of the rewards and the removal of challenge gear in all raids was something i was looking forward to. ^_^
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    The “flattening” of the rewards and the removal of challenge gear in all raids was something i was looking forward to. ^_^

I absolutely agree. My concern is that for HSith, they did quite the opposite of "flattening". When it comes to the g12+ gear they actually made the entire rewards structure extremely top heavy. A very concerning move, from the long-term health of guilds perspective.

Flat but decent rewards encourage cooperation and participation. Highly tiered and top-heavy reward structures discourage both - and can lead to unfriendly back-stabbing and guild instability.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    they sold me on the first reward rework explanation; more equal rewards across all ranks, higher ranks mostly rewarded more secondary items like credits and tokens, no more challenge gear (with a few exceptions). I was all for that eventhough i usually finish high. For all raids, wich i thought was the plan initially but i could be wrong about that.
    Wouldnt even have minded the nerf on the HSR rewards that much since the heroic tier was insanely rewarding compared to other raids and lower tiers. Throw in a overal decrease in Health for the lower tiers and a slight reward buff and it would have been a okay.
    The forum would still complain; nerf on heroic rewards, lower tier rewards not buffed enough etc etc, but i personally would have been content, i was expecting a nerf anyway. Now i’m just a bit dissapointed. I fell for the communication trap and got my hopes up slightly ;)
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    they sold me on the first reward rework explanation; more equal rewards across all ranks, higher ranks mostly rewarded more secondary items like credits and tokens, no more challenge gear (with a few exceptions). I was all for that eventhough i usually finish high. For all raids, wich i thought was the plan initially but i could be wrong about that.
    Wouldnt even have minded the nerf on the HSR rewards that much since the heroic tier was insanely rewarding compared to other raids and lower tiers. Throw in a overal decrease in Health for the lower tiers and a slight reward buff and it would have been a okay.
    The forum would still complain; nerf on heroic rewards, lower tier rewards not buffed enough etc etc, but i personally would have been content, i was expecting a nerf anyway. Now i’m just a bit dissapointed. I fell for the communication trap and got my hopes up slightly ;)

Flattening the rewards was a great idea. The problem was they made all hear rewards like you reached rank 30 in the raid... They weren't worth the work and the extra currency wasn't enough to make up for the rewards taken away. It was presented as annet increase in rewards for everyone but the top 3 finishes but it was a Nerf for over half of all guild members. All they had to do was increase the gear rewards (same thing we are asking for now) and it would have been fine. Bit no, the reverted back and apparently changing the reward value is some how to hard for the to get the job done. *Sarcasm
  • Options
    @leef @Nikoms565

Doesn't a flattened structure yield problems in the opposite direction? Where you have a core group of players that live the game on one end and then hangers-on towards the other end? This could easily breed resentment.

I agree that TB and TW are guild events that promote collaboration, and think they're great as a result. Raids have never been that. They've always been about self-interest with only mutual need for tickets to start them and 'collaboration' required to complete them.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @cannonfodder_iv
    Once you’ve got the raids on farm i dont think that will be that much of an issue. #1 will obviously still need to be more rewarding than #50, i wasnt hoping for equal rewards for all participants. Even in its current format the difference in secondary rewards adds up over time, i dont think players realize How much it adds up tbh. It does however pales in comparrison to How much less gear you get than the top3.
    So in conclusion, im not against an incentive to put in the effort, i just think the scaling is off and could use some flattening.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    @leef @Nikoms565

Doesn't a flattened structure yield problems in the opposite direction? Where you have a core group of players that live the game on one end and then hangers-on towards the other end? This could easily breed resentment.

I agree that TB and TW are guild events that promote collaboration, and think they're great as a result. Raids have never been that. They've always been about self-interest with only mutual need for tickets to start them and 'collaboration' required to complete them.

TB and TW requires everyone to have well developed rosters though, you can't get great rewards if you have a huge variance in your guild in terms of roster size/depth/gp. That in itself usually clears out the hanger-ons of a guild that wouldn't be helping the guild complete raids simply because if a guild wants to grow it will be looking for people that are always active and helping out in TW/TB, as a result most upper tier guilds have already gotten rid of most of the "hanger-ons." Which is why a lot of people are for a more flattened structure for rewards. They don't want the guilds to fall apart again after they've worked hard to get them together.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So I had the great misfortune to come in 3rd in HSTR. And the rewards are not even remotely close to being a joke, they are atrociously bad.

Besides the g12+ salvage pieces who are guaranteed its basically a territory war reward,minus the zeta and omega.

3 counts of salvage towards G12 pieces and 40 items of challenge gear which I happened to have 4.6 k.

If your goal was to peeve of the top players so they will leave I'd say, job well done.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    @leef @Nikoms565

Leef and Vertigo have already covered things fairly well, so I just want ro touch on one other point. While what you suggest sounds logical - that's not how it plays out in a real life guild. Part of the reason is what Vertigo has already mentioned - that is, TB and TW have already created a unified, active and cooperative guild - at least at higher levels. Basically, guilds tend to "balance" themselves by this point - active players move into active guilds, casual players find their way to more casual guilds, etc.

To an extent, the raid rewards system has always been counterproductive to that cooperative spirit. But, because the raids, up to this point, involved single characters or gear that wasn't nearly as powerful and reward structures that weren't nearly as top-heavy, it hasn't been as big a concern.

• UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    So wait . . . you removed full g12 that anyone can get anywhere now . . . . because you didn't want an uncrossable gap between the top .1 percent and everyone else. . .

BUT then you added exclusive gear that has 6 speed per piece.

Do you even play your own game????

60 speed across a team means noone will ever beat you. This is the biggest gap you could have possibly created. Non Sith Heroic players now have ZERO chance to place in arena, which is the most important game mode.

It's like you are just mocking people stating your reaons for dropping full pieces, yet adding a piece that will totally break the game.

Please give Heroic Sith 100 full g12 pieces, but DO NOT break the game by giving top players plus 6 speed gear noone else can get, anywhere.

• Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Options
    I just received first post-patch raid rewards. I ended up #20. I don't want to swear, but I got a LOT of CHALLENGE GEAR. Yep, that's right - at least a week worth of pieces I have thousands of - after a day of 50 people effort. I also had 8 pieces of useful salvage, 6 pieces of "old G12" salvage and bunch (40ish) of new g12 salvage (as advertised).
    Now can anyone in CG explain to me how I am supposed to reach top 10 if those guys received all good stuff I did, none of (...) I did and full new and powerful gear piece on top of that? Even if I get matching salvage after 2 raids it will actually require me to spend around 6k crystals to get the first single g12+ piece, which top 10 guys have already 2 of and salvage to get another.
    To sum this up:
    - Challenge gear was insulting in Pit, HAAT, normal STR. In HSTR it's beyond me how could even someone think about putting it into loot table. It's simply big flashing "We don't play our own game, we don't care about our customers".
    - Dividing guilds into better and worse tiers of players is big flashing "We only do care about those who spend a lot, lot more than others". This will shatter the community which is already divided between "this is too easy" and the rest. This will make the guilds themselves toxic.

How after so much effort to make SWGOH such MMO-like, after attempts to bring people together you just drop such thing on end-game when actual interactions occur?
  • Options
    New changes suck I got some 2 pieces of salvage for a few things and then 20 and 16 salvage for pieces of G12+ that I probably won't get more of for another 10 or so raids. #11
  • Options
    No seriously HOW DOES THIS WORK top 10 now have much better rewards then the rest when you stated your original intent was to not let the gap increase more?????
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    No seriously HOW DOES THIS WORK top 10 now have much better rewards then the rest when you stated your original intent was to not let the gap increase more?????

Increasing the gap in guilds is really bad.
    Now I have to farm cr4ppy NS to stay in top 10

Except, by the time you do, those getting the g12+ pieces will all stay ahead of you. That's the issue. Anyone not already finishing in or near the top 10 in their HSith guild will not be able to catch up, as they will be earning the g12+ gear significantly slower than those already at the top. The new rewards structure is strongly stacked against them....by design.

WAI - whaling as intended. ;)