Ship Battle 5-E

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Edward wrote: »
    Eventually just a waste of energy and time for the right RNG.

Well, no. Just grab one of the strategies here, people are willing to share
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Can we beat this node with tarkin ship ??
    I have maxed out tarking ship with a G12 tarkin with 2 zetas and my imperial assault is slower than the opponent. His imperial assault always goes before mine so i feel that my tarkin ship is useless as i mainly relied on imperial assault to win...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I got it first time with Biggs, Vader, and TFP in the starting lineup. Took me 4 tries to do 5e on the hard node though. Had to switch Vader out for Fives in the starting lineup.

I don't mind difficult, but when the AI starts with full turn meter on all the ships and just wrecks my maxed out ships before they get a turn then I'm not a fan of it. The full turn meter on Tarkin is a pain as well, and he gets to the tie assault very quickly.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of pre-loaded TM. CG used to be creative by creating new toons for LS/DS that were grunts exclusive to the nodes and I wish they would've created new ships that are jus PvE or came up with interesting ship combinations and realized that how lacking the ships are and we need tons of new ships but nope, lets just preload TM to give the appearance of its hard

I'm not saying the fleet PvE is bad or anything. I had fun clearing those nodes but I think the creativity in challenges is lacking
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    So now the top end of players are feeling the pain of the super pilots lol funny a week ago us lower level were called cry babies because the ship challenges are super unbalanced now you top players are feeling the pain with the same complaint .i see very few comments on how they just complaining. Hypocrites
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Semi wrote: »
    This is end game content so it is normal to be hard.....otherwise it would be pointless and funless to autobattle all the ships node.
    You should know that.

Eh. To be fair, most folks have had the regular tables cleared so long that they've forgotten what progressive content feels like, and probably aren't really considering that this is a table they're supposed to unlock gradually over the course of their play time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to strategy.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    So now the top end of players are feeling the pain of the super pilots lol funny a week ago us lower level were called cry babies because the ship challenges are super unbalanced now you top players are feeling the pain with the same complaint .i see very few comments on how they just complaining. Hypocrites

Say what?
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I completed all nodes, only on stage 5 a few nodes were too difficult to get 3 stars. It’s manageable. Point is that you experience almost the same RNG lottery many see in arena. Target locks are resisted quite often. But other than that it’s a nice addition and provides some challenges. The Zetas were great too.

Edit: I used Thrawn until stage 5 and then switched to Tarkin. Ships were always Biggs, Vader, TFP plus Reaper, Slave I and FO Tie as reinforcements
  • Options
    Normal 5-E is a beast. I can't get past it either. The AI's Tarkin and Tie Fighter fleet literally take TWO turns before you can even move. The other part is that the AI seems to just specific target one ship, then move to the next, then to the next. They love attacking Tie Advanced first it seems as well.

Not worth the energy to refresh it more than once.

At the same time, this isn't "gradual" increase in difficulty. You go into 5-D with a little challenge but it is doable. Then you hit 5-E and it says, "sucks to be you!" On top of that, AI tarkin uses his Imp Assault so quickly, hard to get around that at all.

I see the strategies and tried the same ship line-up. I'll wait and see if they make tweaks to it. I'm 50/50 that the **** level speed of Tarkin is accidental or intentional. Hard to be sure anymore, especially since Ships 2.0 happened.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    To maybe help some people:

I put in 3* Scimitar with a level 1 g1 Maul pilot. Reinforce with it, put Retribution on Vader and its gg. Make sure your have Vaders basic maxed and heal with Chimera right before reinforce so Vader also has offense up.
  • srwhitewvu
    105 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I beat it 2nd try with Biggs, Rex, millennium falcon ep 7. It got off two specials against me and I still beat it. Just have to put in tank ships. Not that difficult to figure out.
  • Options
    Use Vader as 1st backup and max his backup ability if you have him at near max level
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Can we beat this node with tarkin ship ??
    I have maxed out tarking ship with a G12 tarkin with 2 zetas and my imperial assault is slower than the opponent. His imperial assault always goes before mine so i feel that my tarkin ship is useless as i mainly relied on imperial assault to win...

I didn't even have to face the Imperial Assault.

My Tarkin is G12 with one piece equipped, zero zetas, and only the TM reduction ability maxed. 3 starred it first try with Biggs TF Vader to start, brought in Sun Fac for stuns off the bench.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Edit : i finally beated it (and with 3*)
    Post edited by vincentlondon on
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry to say you need to improve your ships then.
  • Hoood
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Allright, before i start hating, could somebody give me an advice how to beat that? I have 310k power Fleet, i done everything else without a single losses, but that single node, is just out of this world

Now to the hating: CG are you serious with 5-E battle? You really dont have any idea how to make battle challenging so you make Executrix and Tie Figethers have like 300 speed? Both Exe and TF goes TWICE before my ship gets a turn, the only one whois fast enough to interrupt their 2nd attack is Tie Silence with 183speed, at which point TFs are at 85% TM again.
  • Options
    Use Home One. Put Scimitar retribution on Biggs. I beat it with a 250K fleet.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Hoood wrote: »
    Now to the hating: CG are you serious with 5-E battle? You really dont have any idea how to make battle challenging so you make Executrix and Tie Figethers have like 300 speed? Both Exe and TF goes TWICE before my ship gets a turn, the only one whois fast enough to interrupt their 2nd attack is Tie Silence with 183speed, at which point TFs are at 85% TM again.

So you just want to beat everything right away no matter what and then the table is done? Ok.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    RexGallia wrote: »
    Use Home One. Put Scimitar retribution on Biggs. I beat it with a 250K fleet.

If you have a fast enough Plo Koon (or a tough enough Vader, I guess, but that's risky) you can taunt to keep Vader alive through the tough part, then bring Scimitar in time for the taunt to expire. It's a little more reliable than Biggs--who doesn't do enough damage on his own and can be dodged.

I haven't been able to get it to work on account of my Plo Koon is too fragile and the AI prioritized him over Vader. So while Vader survived the first round of focus fire, he didn't make it through the second without someone to taunt for him. Likewise, if I use Biggs I can't survive that gap between his death and bringing in Scimitar. Very frustrating, need more gear is all.

A highly-geared Republic team would work, too. Just keep healing while working on Mace's ultimate cooldown, then watch with delight as your counterattacks decimate them.
  • Options
    I really liked that the content takes a bit of effort. Still chipping away at 5e.:)
  • Options
    what worked for me is mace capital, biggs/rex/fives starting. clone sarge->plo->ahsoka/consular (depending on your need at that point) reinforcing. quite a few attempts with other configurations, then got 3* with that one.

and i'll note my rex ship isn't very strong at all, 4* ship and g8 pilot, but my others are well geared. rex just needs to survive long enough to bring in the clone sarge, which biggs and fives help him do. after that you're pretty well set.
  • Hoood
    25 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    I don't mind difficult, but when the AI starts with full turn meter on all the ships and just wrecks my maxed out ships before they get a turn then I'm not a fan of it. The full turn meter on Tarkin is a pain as well, and he gets to the tie assault very quickly.
    Yeah I'm not a fan of pre-loaded TM. CG used to be creative by creating new toons for LS/DS that were grunts exclusive to the nodes and I wish they would've created new ships that are jus PvE or came up with interesting ship combinations and realized that how lacking the ships are and we need tons of new ships but nope, lets just preload TM to give the appearance of its hard

I'm not saying the fleet PvE is bad or anything. I had fun clearing those nodes but I think the creativity in challenges is lacking

This is my problem, i dont mind challenges, but the TM is a dumb way to make things challenging, instead they should focus on what this guy said

Anyway thansk for all the tips, i ll see if anything works out for me

• Options
    I've done up to 5C hard so far and haven't lost a fleet battle yet. 5E normal and 5C hard were quite close though with just a single ship standing, so I admit that there may have been luck involved on those nodes.
    However, all fleet battles are doable with the current meta lineup, i.e. TFP, Vader, Biggs, KRU, FOTP and maybe Boba even though I hardly use him in ships PVE. I use Executrix and either Vader, TPF, Biggs or KRU, TFP, Biggs as starting lineup. It sometimes helps to use the special attack of TFP first. If he is hit (i.e. dodges) a direct attack or aoe from capitol ship early on, you do get your first reinforcement quickly and can use FOTP or Vader as reinforcment, both of which have a guaranteed TL.
  • Options
    Done it on 2nd try, with meta lineup, 284k ship squad.
  • Options
    5-E and 5-H three stars worked for me with Ackbar lead, TFP, Biggs, Scitimar (reinforcement Vader etc). Important: Scitimar uses „Lurkimg Threat“ on Biggs, who gets hit / shoots back + gains protection / gets hit / and so on. Works with Thrawn too (but I think Biggs works better with Ackbar)
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    But Biggs has to crit. And I'm not convinced he has the ability to do so.
  • Options
    Zmobie wrote: »
    I actually think it was tuned really rough on purpose, but since many of us don't have ship abilities maxed out seems way worse. Best way I dealt with the node, scimtar and biggs. None of the ITFs dispel, and they don't dodge/give turn meter like a normal one. I tried using Vader, ITF and biggs for two rounds and got crushed. Switched Vader to scimtar, put ret on biggs, and they barely broke biggs prot before I won.

Thank you, This strategy worked great!!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    But Biggs has to crit. And I'm not convinced he has the ability to do so.

Oh, he'll crit alright--and then the target lock will be resisted... :#
  • Options
    Finally just 3* battle 5E normal. Lineup was Imperial Tie 7* G12, zzFener tie 7* G12 & zMaul ship 7* G12 under 7* Tarkin G11 main ship. Reinforce was Biggs 7* G12. Fener killed out of the bat. Retribution on tie.
  • Options
    This whole game is turning into garbage.think it’s time to just throw it way. Too much stress involved in this and that’s not what games are supposed to be about.