Seriously you have no excuse!

13Next

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m going to side with OP.

Yes, T1-6 rewards are bad. But seriously, ever since TB they’ve been shunting high end players together and please don’t tell me you haven’t expected something like this.

Get your 4 squads. Move to a Heroic guild. Profit.

Or don’t and stop complaining.

Some people would rather stick together than go be a bunch of mercs.

As soon as they fix the lower tier rewards to help us improve so we can someday be an hSTR guild without selling our individual souls, I'll stop complaining about it.

I feel like I've been very clear so far but you just don't seem to get it. I am not encouraging leaving your guild, and you won't even have to. IF everyone in your guild is smart they are going to farm the characters I mentioned above and your guild will be able to complete the raid without anyone having to leave. This is all I'm saying, every single one of your guildmates has to immediately stop wasting gear and zetas on other projects due to being impulsive and focus on getting the appropriate squads really for the raid as soon as possible. And you certainly don't need heroic rewards to be able to do that.
    My advice to this thread is to stop feeding the troll.

Good advice. I don't even know if he's doing it on purpose or accidentally, but it's the same end result either way.

I'm not trolling and one day when you finally are able to beat the raid in nearly 6 hours like my guild does, you'll realize how right I am
  • Options

Yes, T1-6 rewards are bad. But seriously, ever since TB they’ve been shunting high end players together and please don’t tell me you haven’t expected something like this.

As soon as they fix the lower tier rewards to help us improve so we can someday be an hSTR guild without selling our individual souls, I'll stop complaining about it.

You don't need STR to gear for hSTR. My guild did one T5 raid before jumping to hSTR. The majority are f2p, as well, including myself, and I finish in the top 10. I agree that the rewards for lower tiers are junk, but it's been that way since raids were introduced, so I'm not sure what would compel anyone to think that this raid would be different. I also agree on the point that the rewards for lower tiers are not commensurate with the time required to complete them, but that's just because the raid is complete trash.

• TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I feel like I've been very clear so far but you just don't seem to get it.

I was responding to someone else's post, which is why I quoted that post and not one of yours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

You don't need STR to gear for hSTR. My guild did one T5 raid before jumping to hSTR. The majority are f2p, as well, including myself, and I finish in the top 10. I agree that the rewards for lower tiers are junk, but it's been that way since raids were introduced, so I'm not sure what would compel anyone to think that this raid would be different. I also agree on the point that the rewards for lower tiers are not commensurate with the time required to complete them, but that's just because the raid is complete trash.

What's your guild's GP?

And the reason people think it would be different is because they gave us better rewards for one week and then took them away, with an empty promise of doing something about it in the future.
  • Options

I feel like I've been very clear so far but you just don't seem to get it.

I was responding to someone else's post, which is why I quoted that post and not one of yours.

Same thing, my point still remains
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Cool story.
  • Options
    Cool story.

Don't take your lazy guildmates rage on me. You should be able to do heroic by now
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    Options
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    If you tell me which one of the characters mentioned above are so impossible to get then you don't have a valid argument

I'll tell you which one is hard to get when you tell me why you have so few Zetas. Slacker.

Ha, nice try, first and foremost, I obviously have enough zetas to be doing the sith raid. Also, I stopped buying them off the store because I wanted all my ships 7 stars, let's see what pays off in the long run.

Then clearly the other 30 zetas you want aren't "needed" and the zeta acquisition rate is fine as it is (especially if you feel no need to buy them in the store).

When did I speak of needed, I've made 10 comments explaining the difference between essential/needed zetas and zetas for fun and just being able to enjoy multiple squads for personal pleasure

Fair enough. You said "important", not "needed". Still, they can't be that important if you won't buy zeta materials in the shop.
  • Options
    If you tell me which one of the characters mentioned above are so impossible to get then you don't have a valid argument

I'll tell you which one is hard to get when you tell me why you have so few Zetas. Slacker.

Ha, nice try, first and foremost, I obviously have enough zetas to be doing the sith raid. Also, I stopped buying them off the store because I wanted all my ships 7 stars, let's see what pays off in the long run.

Then clearly the other 30 zetas you want aren't "needed" and the zeta acquisition rate is fine as it is (especially if you feel no need to buy them in the store).

When did I speak of needed, I've made 10 comments explaining the difference between essential/needed zetas and zetas for fun and just being able to enjoy multiple squads for personal pleasure

Fair enough. You said "important", not "needed". Still, they can't be that important if you won't buy zeta materials in the shop.

I did buy them, then fleet 2.0 was announced...
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Cool story.

Don't take your lazy guildmates rage on me. You should be able to do heroic by now

Hahahaha! Per your own (ridiculous) original post, we should not. None of us have been playing for 18 months. But go ahead and keep making bad assumptions about my guild if it makes you feel like a better person somehow.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options

I did buy them, then fleet 2.0 was announced...

That's a you problem.
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options
    Cool story.

I dont think it's fair to call any players "lazy". It's a game, not a job after all.
  • Options
    Cool story.

I dont think it's fair to call any players "lazy". It's a game, not a job after all.

It's a joke, don't take it by heart, I just don't think that after a few months in how people have yet to complete these squads. They are obviously doing something wrong.
  • TVF
    36605 posts Member
    Options
    Cool story.

It's a joke

A joke should be:

a) funny
    b) noticeable
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    It always looked to me like no tier of this raid gave a decent enough amount of gear. I've heard top ranks in heroic get a lot of full pieces, and I was fine with that.

I don't see why all the phases don't give out much larger quantities of the gear they do considering the difficulty of the raid.

I mean I do, to a point. They've determined a rate at which they want people to acquire gear, and I understand that, but by not making adjustments to that model they are perpetuating a raid that is extremely imbalanced. Until they either lower the difficulty across all tiers, or raise the amount of rewards you get on all tiers, it will remain an imbalanced raid.

They like the level of difficulty they have, and they like the rate of gear progression they are giving out, but they have to let go of one or the other. Their expectations from players dedication are too high.

So if people were saying heroic rewards need to be nerfed, then I agree with you OP that they don't. Seems like they should be spread out through the guild better, but they don't need a nerf.

All the other tiers need an increase in gear. None of them need a nerf.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    So you're basically assuming that players under 1 year and a half should go buck themselves and that they don't have the right to be competitive. Actually, you're saying that whoever cannot beat the Heroic has no right to be competitive. This thread is just stoopid.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    If the raid is so "easy" then rewards for HSTR deserve to me nerfed and should have stayed nerfed back during the reward change a few months back.
  • Options
    Drazhar wrote: »
    So you're basically assuming that players under 1 year and a half should go buck themselves and that they don't have the right to be competitive. Actually, you're saying that whoever cannot beat the Heroic has no right to be competitive. This thread is just stoopid.

The characters required for the raid are actually more than enough to keep you competitive in arena. JTR, Kenobi, Thrawn, CLS, Han, Nightsisters. Not only would you stay competitive but also give you a variety for different situations!
  • Options
    Madpup wrote: »
    If the raid is so "easy" then rewards for HSTR deserve to me nerfed and should have stayed nerfed back during the reward change a few months back.

Rewards don't always have to match the difficulty of the event/mode. Rewards have to take into consideration other factors such as the amount of characters in the game and the rate of gearing them. They must also take into account how long a player has played the game to get there. I specifically mentioned the raid won't be easy for people playing less than a year and a half and that's fine because they shouldn't just skip 1.5 years of progress and right away jump into the end.

Also if that was the case then TB should also have trash rewards because I can auto every single battle at this point.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    The conversation here isn't going very far - that said, I've closed the thread.
This discussion has been closed.