Should they really extend QGJ's speed buff to ALL allies???

Prev1
QGJ buffing Jedi speed is (along with his other great abilities/stats) enough to make him one of the most powerful toons in the game. He already is saturating the Arena and for good reason, he has largely bypassed Poe defended droid/glass cannon squads and made Jedi relevant again all on his own.

Eventually the level cap will be raised and he is slated to give his speed buff to ALL allies at ability level 8.

Question: Should QGJ have the ability to buff all allies' speed?

He is already almost a requirement at high level play. This ability would make him an unavoidable part of any top team, make other speed buffing toons even more irrelevant (Looking your way Lobot) and probably make the meta revolve around one highly unbalanced toon....

Thoughts?

Replies

• Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    You never know, maybe the meta will change into tankier heroes, and speed would be irrelevant, I would just wait it out but personally I welcome QGJ speed master since I already use him.

Also it could introduce new comps. It would definitely be better than the Poe coin flip
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely. You post his abilities as if they are a bad thing. Before he became farmable very few people had him but he was and is a good leader to help Jedi counter all the anti-Jedi abilities that the Dark Side characters have. Now that he's farmable, the problem seems to be that people are seeing him more and more mainly because he IS a good character.
    Being able to speed buff the non-Jedi after getting the ability past level 8, IMO, is a good thing. Not everyone will spend the time or items to gear that up but it's an option to make your team be able to act.
  • Options
    Hell no. I fully expect them to change it. What would be the point in other speed leaders like Ackbar, Tarkin, etc? It would ruin the game as you would pretty much have to have him as leader. Im 90% sure they wont stick with it
  • Options
    They absolutely should not, I honestly don't think he should have his current speed buff. Q was a Jedi who focused on using his head, thinking before acting and never reacting to a situation. He was not a Jedi who rushed into battle. If they were to make this game more like the lore Anakin should have the speed buff.
    That being said, Q is only so popular because he is easy to farm. He is not a even close to a requirement for high level play. I am no where close to a whale, but I have 10ish lvl 70 characters and about 6 of those are 7* ( Q is actually one of those). I can honestly say I don't use him aside from a suicide squad in GW. Q is only a good toon if he is used as the leader on a Jedi team, for a Jedi team to be viable you need hard to get Jedi like Anakin, Yoda and Ima. With out that he is just a liability that is easily neutralized and defeated.
    Once your team power, and that of your server, is in the 25-30k range you will notice that easy to farm characters are that way for a reason (aside from Poe). Hard to farm character are who hold the power in the real power.
    Lastly, the goal of the game is character parity and not having one "must have" character.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Question: Should QGJ have the ability to buff all allies' speed?
    Do you want Dooku at 184? Sid at 176 and GS at 172??
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    I think if the meta doesn't change, EA/CG will change the ability. If the meta is different by then (I hope it would be. It will most likely take 2 level cap raises to get there.) I think they leave the leader ability as advertised now.
  • Options
    I'm still leaning to Lobot for my squad just to have a diff comp in Arena for sure...

The game is certainly in its infancy stage. Jedi needed that boost from QJG due to the fact they weren't doing anything at a high lvl in pvp. QGJ is pretty squishy health wise still...

F2PP have to cognizant that the P2PP will always have the advantage when devs make moves for this games longveity...correct me if I'm wrong...

CG/EA know what steps need to be taken to make both demographics happy. (feels otherwise when updates/patches go live tho lol)...

Diversity I'm sure is being preached at EA/CG, but the demand for a certain supply persists and always will...
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Higher wrote: »
    You never know, maybe the meta will change into tankier heroes, and speed would be irrelevant, I would just wait it out but personally I welcome QGJ speed master since I already use him.

Also it could introduce new comps. It would definitely be better than the Poe coin flip

QGJ coin flip. The only thing preventing him from already being the go-to leader is that full jedi teams are very easy to counter with some popular heroes. Even with partial benefits, he's a common leader at the top. Now imagine when he applies his ability to every character in game. Everyone with a decent arena rank will use him as leader, because the meta is all about speed.

Unless the game at +80 changes from the speed-meta-instakill-burst comps into a proper back and forth match with opportunity for healers and tanks to do their job. We can only hope they buff health pools and make matches last longer. As of now, the game is just "who can blow up the enemy characters first", with single target nukers, turn meter manipulators and assists.

Then the devs have a backlash reaction and his kit, like they did with barriss and poe. Since pretty much every person who studies their character choices is gearing and promoting QGJ, we will all be pretty mad after 2 months of farming cantina.

I'd rather they leave his kit alone and just don't go through with the change, than mess up my lovely QGJ.
    Post edited by Lightforce22 on
  • Options
    I definitely don't believe him to be OP as is. Just don't see how Tarkin, Lobot or Akbar will ever see play if they got thru with it.

Sounds like IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    For the love of God, I wish people would STOP posting about this. They have said REPEATEDLY that the data-mined information is subject to change. Furthermore, even that has this change at level 82, which is BEYOND the next level cap.
    They may not always do the best of balancing this game, but they aren't dumb.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    For the love of God, I wish people would STOP posting about this. They have said REPEATEDLY that the data-mined information is subject to change. Furthermore, even that has this change at level 82, which is BEYOND the next level cap.

So why are you here posting about it? If you don't have something nice to say........
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

This. When combined with several other leader bonuses which are datamined to open up to encompass all classes/toons just like QGJ and the potential for major meta shifts between now and this hypothetical future the op is pointless and does nothing but cause drama.

Of more concern and something that should be on everyone's radar is the fact that GS gets to use swarm every single turn at level 78.
  • Options

So why are you here posting about it? If you don't have something nice to say........

+1

@Qeltar -

Just stop. You don't run this forum. @EA_Jesse does. Obviously the man has a opinion respectively. Keep it moving if you're gonna throw a tantrum like Cam Newton...I'm done.
  • Options
    I agree with @Qeltar here.

It's data mined information so it will probably be changed when it reaches live server. On top of that, assuming the devs don't buff/nerf any stats and the meta stay as is, this skill will make QGJ the most desirable leader for any team composition. It would be too overpowered and likely to be adjusted.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    droidboyz wrote: »

+1

@Qeltar -

Just stop. You don't run this forum. @EA_Jesse does. Obviously the man has a opinion respectively. Keep it moving if you're gonna throw a tantrum like Cam Newton...I'm done.

Qeltar's has every right to tell someone to stop whining about datamined info that may or may not come to be until the level cap is raised to 90 as you do to tell him to stop posting in a manner you disagree with. While attempting to make a point it's useful to not be a hypocrite about it.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »

This. When combined with several other leader bonuses which are datamined to open up to encompass all classes/toons just like QGJ and the potential for major meta shifts between now and this hypothetical future the op is pointless and does nothing but cause drama.

Of more concern and something that should be on everyone's radar is the fact that GS gets to use swarm every single turn at level 78.

Excellent point. GS uber alles!
  • Options
    His leader ability should not apply to all allies.
    I too think he should not have this leader ability at all but since he does perhaps half of it's effect could extend to all allies at level 5 or some other mid-level. Level 3 should also be decreased.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    So why are you here posting about it?
    Because you are? And because in so doing you are making it seem like this is something that is both likely to happen, and to happen any time soon? Because you are spreading completely pointless rumors based on months-old datamined info that we have repeatedly been told is not accurate?
    I seriously doubt that the GS assist-every-turn thing is going to happen either. Assuming they do any testing at all before the next level cap increase, that is, which I am confident they will.
    @droidboyz - Some day you will actually post something of relevance to a thread instead of ankle-biting my posts. I look forward to it.
  • Options
    @Telaan -

Whining or not, the OP has a voice and has every right to post a thread he deems proper regarding GOH. Repeated or not.

Bully tatics aren't gonna get you far. Jumping down the throat of a OP is completely outta pocket.

Keep it moving. I am :)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

To (futilely) attempt to stop the spreading of completely pointless rumors and speculation?

I'm sick of these posts also. The dude may or may not get this ability after the next 2 Level caps. People need to win more and post less
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    droidboyz wrote: »
    Whining or not, the OP has a voice and has every right to post a thread he deems proper regarding GOH. Repeated or not.
    Yes, he does. And I have every right to post a response indicating that what he is posting is nonsense, and the reasons therefore.
    Both are entirely on-topic. Your constant whining about my posts is not. If you don't like them, here's a thought: don't read them. If you think I'm going to adjust my posting habits in the slightest based on your objections, you really haven't been around here very long.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum.

My answer has to be "Yes" and "No".. My reason is I don't form an opinion on something that I can in no way know.
  • Options
    Because you are? And because in so doing you are making it seem like this is something that is both likely to happen, and to happen any time soon? Because you are spreading completely pointless rumors based on months-old datamined info that we have repeatedly been told is not accurate?
    I seriously doubt that the GS assist-every-turn thing is going to happen either. Assuming they do any testing at all before the next level cap increase, that is, which I am confident they will.
    @droidboyz - Some day you will actually post something of relevance to a thread instead of ankle-biting my posts. I look forward to it.

@Qeltar -

I only needed to post one thread asking the longveity of GOH weeks ago lol... I think you responded a few times on it.

It's a shame others need to hear your rage for a game. A game! lol
  • Options
    @TheTaoEternal,

Bro I apologize for myself posting on your thread like this.

Do your thing my dude. Haters gonna hate :)

peace.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    This won't even be available until at least 6-9 months. Expect a lot of change that makes the game much more diverse.
  • Options
    @ Qeltar

I started this post to hear perspectives on QGJ into the future. Which happened before you came in. I understand that these forums are an important place for you to feel heard. I hear you buddy. Keep your posts on topic in the future to promote healthy discussion. If you don't like the nature of this thread, start a new one. Perhaps something like "All these **** don't know as much about the game as I do and I will fix them all........they'll see!!!"

I look forward to you littering on my future posts!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @TheTaoEternal - I apologize for the harsh tone of my initial message.
    That said, the general message stands: this is not anything worth worrying about, and people also need to be reminded that this "applies to all" boost to his leader ability is at level 82, beyond the next cap increase.
  • Options
    No, because then if you don't have QGJ you'll lose in arena, simple as that.

But I don't think it will happen because it's not even official game data
  • Options
    It really depends on if there will be a meta shift. I don't really see that happening anytime soon though bc they would have to release a fair bit more characters or revamp the ones they have. Either of those takes time.

So... Probably not bc then he would be the sole leader seen on the arena ladder. That is not good for the diversity of a game, imo.
  • Options
    To be honest it all depends how this all stacks up. I've seen a lot of posts on this and my question would be how would a QJG team with all members having a speed boost fair against a phasma team full of assists? (I presume phasma will have a higher assist rate at this level) Or alternatively a team of turn manipulatiors (teebo, St han akbar etc) combined with toons that can apply speed down or even a nightsister team with the speed boost? I'm sure some of you guys know enough about the game that could build a team to counter the speed boost.

Im only lv61 and been playing a few weeks but it seems there are lots of combinations with the vast number of characters available but the conversation always seems to go a bit off track as it has here. I haven't read too much into it as it won't impact me yet but if QGJ has that what are all the other toons getting that would add balance?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384