Content Update 7/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• this is INSANITY! revert the last stable version ASAP!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE???

Yes! Let the hatred flow and you’re transformation to the dark side will be complete.

no bro, they just managed to crash the entire platform with new release, devs failed, qa failed, devops failed, relase managment failed - and now you have a game that is not working period!!! oh yeah, you have the higher ground???!!!
  • celsogbj
    9 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It is really simple. The update messed up all the game. Fix the incident first: rollback to the last stable build.

Then you find the root cause, fix it, TEST IT and finally, deploy it.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Reserved for greatness.

Wish you had some
  • Reserved for greatness.

This. Did. Not. Age. Well.
  • @CG_SBCrumb Also having the same loading screen freeze using the "find" function for gear
  • Delete and reinstall fixed all issues for me. IOS
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    Delete and reinstall fixed all issues for me. IOS

Or they could just fix their inexcusable screwup
  • celsogbj wrote: »
    It is really simple. The update messed up all the game. Fix the incident first: rollback to the last stable build.

Then you find the root cause, fix it, TEST IT and finally, deploy it.

Last stable build was the release with HAN and Chewie. Everything added after were just updates and hotfixes. Rolling back would make the clients update about 200+ MB of data and even create more bugs.

Speculating here but what might have hapened is Android users (dont know if iOS is impacted) received the update for the DEV and QA environement. In other words, Production received the testing build with the tests servers configs. So when trying to accesss server side data (nodes events claiming dailies) you actually poke the test environement wich is likely not even accessible from the outside world..

N e ways, I HOPE this is not the case. Cleanup would be stupidly complicated and a new stable release would need to be deployed for clean resoolution (Google Play is quick but the Apple Store takes time as the app needs to be checked out and tested first. Usually takes a day or two
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    xanderxman wrote: »

That's good to know.
  • The final daily is hanging because you don't get the new daily for three ship PVE battles if you have the glitch. Once you delete and reinstall the ship daily shows up and you can complete it and the final daily.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Significant outage for some.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member

Same here, iOS
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The final daily is hanging because you don't get the new daily for three ship PVE battles if you have the glitch. Once you delete and reinstall the ship daily shows up and you can complete it and the final daily.

yeah they are aware there is a possible link here.
  • Uninstall, reinstall worked on note 5
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Yep, Clear Cache on Android fixed it. Thank Kyno!

Settings, Apps, SWGoH, storage, Clear Cache
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • This seems great. cannot wait for more OR characters :smile:
  • No issues with my game, no reinstall needed, iOS
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Finally Bastilla and Jolee's kit reveal! Been waiting in anticipation since the announcement. Kinda underwhelming battle meditation there. Watching the vids they aren't super amazing which is fine I guess. My biggest issue is that they have heavy synergy with Jedi. I was hoping for something like Phoenix Squadron or something very general or a new tag (Old Republic!) so that you can mix up and put in Mission Vao, Zaalbar or HK-47 with them but they are very limited and the assassin droid does not mix well
  • Is there some kind of glitch in the update? Eveytime I go to search a gear piece or character shard via the character page my game locks up at the load screen, I’m on iOS and I know a few others that are but they aren’t having any issues...

• @CG_SBCrumb it seems that the development team needs to test updates before the updates are rolled out that is one thing I learned in programming 101 test before release or did the developer's forget the basics?
  • LORDKAI
    96 posts Member
    Reinstall didn't work. Neither did clearing cache and data.
  • xanderxman wrote: »

This has me locked out if the game now, it's just stuck loading cantina now.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Client restart just now. Is this a hot fix for all these issues then?
    Hit me right as starting a Sith Raid attack, hope I didn't lose it
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Clearing the cache fixed the issue with the daily for me.
  • Hotfixes are clearly being applied. Re-Reinstalled the game and it seems to work. Havent tested all areas but I can access what used to just freeze or load forever. Also I saw a force stop clear cache worked. Awesome! Didnt work earlier so it shows the team is working double
  • Strubz wrote: »
    So since the client update I cannot load stores, events, etc. Game freezes or just won't load the different areas. Anyone else?

Edit: I can access the guild areas now and most stores. However clicking on events, challenges or ship challenges results in the game not loading and I have to force close it.

Same here.
    kalidor wrote: »
    Yep, Clear Cache on Android fixed it. Thank Kyno!

Settings, Apps, SWGoH, storage, Clear Cache

Worked here too! Thanks
  • Working now.... thanks for your efforts
  • Woo! @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb thank you for the timely fix!