Content Update 7/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Oh for god same cmon, BH aren't even that good a faction now bossk is stuck behind one hard node...... Money grabbers the lot
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Oh for god same cmon, BH aren't even that good a faction now bossk is stuck behind one hard node...... Money grabbers the lot

Yeah but Bossk is sweet and they now people want him. Bwahahaha
  • Could the next road ahead include some kind of aspirational goal to occasionally release updates that doesn't bug out, screw up parts of the game and require an immediate hotfix? I love the game but this is getting comically amateurish @CG_Carrie
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Credit where its due @CG_CapGaSP great work on the Legends of the Old Republic 1 event and to the guys who done the GMY rework. Its about the first time i ever used a full Jedi team and actually enjoyed it. Played since almost launch and have to say im seriously thinking of spending for the 1st time in over a year to get Bastila to a decent level.
    Well done guys Jedi are fun to use :)
  • DangerO
    13 posts Member
    Did anyone else notice the The Journey Begins Bundle for Leia:

This bundle will now be available to players for 7 days once they reach level 20. Don’t miss out on this early opportunity to power up Princess Leia. Her bundle will only return with the rare Hero’s Journey events!

I know she is needed for CLS's Hero's Journey event, but why would they have her and not the others? Is this an indication that there is going to be a separate Leia event?

General Organa from RoTJ, or possibly a resistance version from TFA or TLJ?
    I just want bounty hunter leia from Jabba's palace!
  • Maagge
    52 posts Member
    @CG_Leviathan Why do Jedi Consular and Jedi Knight Guardian not have the Old Republic tag? They are technicallly from the KOTOR era. Is it an oversight or is there another reason?

It would have been great if Jolee and Bastila had replaced those two. Now we just have two more toons who won't be useful for a long time.
  • Sonido
    81 posts Member
    CHIMAERA EVENT UPDATED FOR 3V3
    The Chimaera Legendary Event has been updated with the new 3v3 combat. We’ve modified the event difficulty to better suit Ships 2.0 and each tier has been reduced to a single encounter. Prepare your ships to battle Thrawn’s legendary Chimaera in this updated event!

now its the same difficulty as phase 6 ls tb battle? :D

• Anyone else disappointed with the update?
    I mean, sure, Kotor is a great direction, new chars are nice, but Id personally be much more interested in ships content, reworks, separatists, and the mod management.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    The rework made Bounty Hunters extremely mediocre instead of “useful”, and you still can’t just throw us a bone and make Bossk quicker to acquire than a top-tier character like Sion.

“Hey everyone BH are somewhat viable in hSTR with Bossk, enjoy using them in a year”
  • Someone please explain me why light sided visas has no old republic tag.
  • May85
    7 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Anyone else disappointed with the update?
    I mean, sure, Kotor is a great direction, new chars are nice, but Id personally be much more interested in ships content, reworks, separatists, and the mod management.

I’m. But because of the horrible nerf of the quests. Example of nerf :
    Before : rewards : 475k credits, some guild money, two chest rewards one t04-01 one t04-02. Now : rewards : 1730 credits, 2 crystals.

Please say me why this change is good for little level.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Someone please explain me why light sided visas has no old republic tag.

Well, it depends on whether ‘old republic’ means time or alignment. If the latter, she never belonged to the old republic as ‘country’
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Roopehun wrote: »
    Anyone else disappointed with the update?

Yeah, as I have said before new characters don't interest me when they will be behind large paywalls for a long time and then put on some hard node that takes months to farm after months of paywall.
  • So what about people who got Ewok shards instead of Bossk shards during the broken release last night??? Anyone gonna answer that?
  • Why do you people that just complain continue to play the game? Always have wondered this.
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why do you people that just complain continue to play the game? Always have wondered this.

Addiction.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why do you people that just complain continue to play the game? Always have wondered this.

Welcome to the forums there, Sparky!

First off, many people who are complaining now (or even for the past few months) haven't always been doing so. Many were positive, contributing members of the forums and love the game. Some have been playing since launch (November of 2015) and know how far the game has come. Many have supported the game financially and made friends in their guilds and some, even in their ship and arena shards.

However, sometime in mid to late 2017, things started to change. Players feedback has gone ignored and the "cooperative" sense of the development team working with the player base to create a great game has all but evaporated. CG/EA has instead manipulated the ship meta through the Ships "rework" undoing much of the time and resources people had poured into it. The Sith Raid is frustrating for many players and Heroic Sith reward rework has encouraged guildmates to either work against each other or leave their guilds altogether and seek out "weaker" guilds doing HSith that need "help".

So, many of the people you see complaining now are simply hoping the game returns to the spirit of the game it once was - and had been for almost 2 years. But alas, I think is might be folly, as those times - and likely the CG/EA employees that had that shared vision of a great Star Wars game - have long since passed.

But we hold on to hope. After all, rebellions are built on hope.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

First off, many people who are complaining now (or even for the past few months) haven't always been doing so. Many were positive, contributing members of the forums and love the game. Some have been playing since launch (November of 2015) and know how far the game has come. Many have supported the game financially and made friends in their guilds and some, even in their ship and arena shards.

However, sometime in mid to late 2017, things started to change. Players feedback has gone ignored and the "cooperative" sense of the development team working with the player base to create a great game has all but evaporated. CG/EA has instead manipulated the ship meta through the Ships "rework" undoing much of the time and resources people had poured into it. The Sith Raid is frustrating for many players and Heroic Sith reward rework has encouraged guildmates to either work against each other or leave their guilds altogether and seek out "weaker" guilds doing HSith that need "help".

So, many of the people you see complaining now are simply hoping the game returns to the spirit of the game it once was - and had been for almost 2 years. But alas, I think is might be folly, as those times - and likely the CG/EA employees that had that shared vision of a great Star Wars game - have long since passed.

This, but then again people love to complain. Old forum posts were filled with complaints as well. Complaining did not start "mid to late 2017". So that being said, yes the game direction has changed, everyone's need to complain on the internet has been around since the beginning of the internet. To answer the OG poster's question or "Sparky" as you pleasantly called him, people come here to complain because it's just as much fun as playing the game it self.
  • Okay
    Patch notes
    But why Savage Opress have -15% accuracy after every attack
    Why he (with maxed skill) deals only 2300dmg to enemy below 50% (he had about 10%) in event (tested only on events)
    And Why Darth Nihilus can't kill enemy with his special attack? He dealt less dmg than Darth Sion
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member

Personally, I play because I love Star wars. Also, I enjoy working for a long time to get a decent reward, to feel an achievement.

Why do I complain? Because this universe has so much more potential. If CG cared only a very little bit about their playerbase, they could make an enormous change, transforming this game into a truly outstanding, world class entertainment.
    Unfortunately, instead, theyre either incapable of doing their job, or they simply dont want to create a good game. Its a shame, because a good game would generate a huge profit in the long term, but they seemingly focus only on frequent cash grabs, for increased short term income.

Saying everything is fine and pink when in fact, its not, is a dead end. If CG doesnt get the right input (maybe even then too), they will continue to take this game down the slope, forcefully crashing into the bottom ground soon.

• Pulsehammer
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Ugh. Marquee events and Bossk goes to a single hard node. It’s like CG asks themselves, “how can we disappoint the playerbase today?”

Not surprised but still disappointed. I love this game and want to keep playing, but this is getting predictably sad.

So preface...I'm barely a dolphin. Bossk is the only character that goaded me into opening my wallet. Between the promotional and bonus pack, I dropped $30 and got him to a meager four stars.

I then focused heavily on gearing him up to G11...one piece short of G12 due to the 7* requirement.

Then I started lobbing chunks of hard-earned crystals from fleet winnings on buying more Bossk shards when I could. I'm nearly to the point of getting him 5*.

Forgive me if I don't demand that Bossk suddenly be an easy farm so that people who ignored him from launch may easily match my progress on the toon.

I worked hard for this. I feel that's deserving of a slight head start
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Atlas1 wrote: »
    Ugh. Marquee events and Bossk goes to a single hard node. It’s like CG asks themselves, “how can we disappoint the playerbase today?”

Not surprised but still disappointed. I love this game and want to keep playing, but this is getting predictably sad.

So preface...I'm barely a dolphin. Bossk is the only character that goaded me into opening my wallet. Between the promotional and bonus pack, I dropped $30 and got him to a meager four stars.

I then focused heavily on gearing him up to G11...one piece short of G12 due to the 7* requirement.

Then I started lobbing chunks of hard-earned crystals from fleet winnings on buying more Bossk shards when I could. I'm nearly to the point of getting him 5*.

Forgive me if I don't demand that Bossk suddenly be an easy farm so that people who ignored him from launch may easily match my progress on the toon.

I worked hard for this. I feel that's deserving of a slight head start

And now imagine it happened....and now you know how many spenders felt about Ships 2.0.

Incidentally, I agree - encouraging people to spend on content, then manipulating the meta or the difficulty of farm to quickly is a horrible way to encourage long terms spending.

Oh - and dolphins spend that $30+ per week. Welcome to the guppy club....I'll show you around. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Eh, sole breadwinner supporting a family in the brutally expensive NYC area. :) It is what it is.

As for ships, my quirk of building non-meta toons happened to work in my favor there and already my shard is starting to adapt with more Geonosians and some clear gear increases.

I didn't feel entitled to win and maintain the top fleet spot due to cash expenditure. I was just rolling my eyes at the masses claiming that they now couldn't win when I was doing it daily.

You CAN win if you stop being stubborn and adapt to changes that the devs throw into the game, as I did (I used to run a more traditional lineup). Folks are finally starting to catch on to that.
  • Skaldak
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    My two cents:

Bastila and Jolee, but where is Revan?

Also:
    1. I remeber Bastila younger and prettier.
    2. What's with Bastila's stance, it's kinda st00pid.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie I did file this as a bug report but wanted to bring you attention to it her. Bastila leader ability is bugged. see bug report here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bastila-protection-up-from-leader-ability-doesn-t-give-jedi/m-p/6917441#M15606
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Monel wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This, but then again people love to complain. Old forum posts were filled with complaints as well. Complaining did not start "mid to late 2017". So that being said, yes the game direction has changed, everyone's need to complain on the internet has been around since the beginning of the internet. To answer the OG poster's question or "Sparky" as you pleasantly called him, people come here to complain because it's just as much fun as playing the game it self.

They can't please everyone. Just the way of life. Psychology also shows that people are more likely to complain when things aren't going well for them than spend the time to express their happiness when things go well.

This is also a freemium game that relies on microtransactions and marketing research shows that one of the biggest incentives for people to spend money in these games is to get an advantage over others or to keep up with others. One of the downsides of this is that it un-levels the playing field.

With that said though it does feel like the direction of the game has changed significantly since I began playing at least 2 years ago. It feels more businesslike now than having some sense of fluidity like it used to. Before, it seemed that the direction of the game was more player-friendly and less of a brutal grind. There seemed to be a more comfortable balance.

I had always felt that CG would at least listen to feedback on this forum and consider it even if they didn't respond to it. Now, however I feel like they don't even do that if it conflicts with their strict plan for this game. I found the Q&A sessions they did a few months ago to be helpful about some things, but their claims of doing them more regularly and trying to increase communication and transparency with the player-base has turned out to be complete rubbish so far with things feeling like they have gotten even worse.
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    How long do you think before we see another apology post from @CG_Carrie ? Yet another update that breaks the game, costs people rewards, and shows how yet again, CG refuses to test their game...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Frustration with certain parts of the game also leads to apathy in others. 90% of the game I'm fine with which for the moment is why I'm still playing, but my frustration with the Sith Raid and the utter contempt CG have shown the players on this forum has started to bleed into my overall enjoyment of the game for sure.

I read the update and it was a whole lot of "don't curr" whereas a few months ago I might have actually read the character descriptions and thought of a couple ways they might be useful later on.

• @CG

In all of the game changer videos, is Bastila's lead working as intended or not? Should Sion's pain really be landing through +150% tenacity? If it is broken, I'd like to know.

I'll buy her if it is broken and needs to be fixed. But if it is working as intended, I'm not spending my money on her. Just seems like Pain shouldn't land through 150% Tenacity.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    SavEisen wrote: »
    @CG

In all of the game changer videos, is Bastila's lead working as intended or not? Should Sion's pain really be landing through +150% tenacity? If it is broken, I'd like to know.

I'll buy her if it is broken and needs to be fixed. But if it is working as intended, I'm not spending my money on her. Just seems like Pain shouldn't land through 150% Tenacity.

Yes it is broken. Yes they know about. Yes it will be fixed

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1598185/#Comment_1598185