Server Update 7/19/2018 [MEGA]

Prev1345
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited July 2018
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Later today we are planning to rolling out a server release in preparation for our next update to Mods. You can find out more about upcoming Mod changes in the most recent Road Ahead Blog.

List of Changes:

Reduce Mod Upgrade costs:
One step we are taking to make Mods more accessible is to reduce the cost to upgrade a mod to increase its level. With the addition of slicing, it’s more important that ever to know if this mod is worth spending resources to improve and you’ll need to level a mod to 12 before you reveal a mods' 4 secondary stat types. Particularly before 85, the cost to upgrade a mod deters many players from investing in even if it’s the best choice to improve their team’s overall power. Following this patch, the cost of leveling a mod is reduced:

spm0hikdwibs.png

Mod Secondary Bug Fix:
In preparation for our next update, we are putting out a bug fix for an issue that has happened to a small number for our players. Some players have a mod that either doesn’t have the correct number of secondary stats or didn’t get the correct number of increases. For example, some mods are level 15 and only have 3 secondary stats, which should never happen, but unintentionally happened for some players.

The fix addresses 3 main situations:
  1. All existing mods that are missing a secondary stat when they should have one (ex. Level 12+), will have a secondary added
  2. All existing mods that should have had a secondary increase and the Mods that didn’t will have one of their secondaries increased. We’ll increase one of the four secondaries to fix the issue for Mods if they have less than the correct amount of secondary increases. The amount of secondaries increases will become transparent to players with the upcoming patch as we will reveal those increases on the Mod screen.
  3. Any mod that received too many increases, will not be changed, but will not receive an increase when it is sliced. For example, if a Purple level 15 mod had 4 secondaries and 4 increases, instead of the 3 that it should have, then it will not receive an additional increase when it is sliced from purple to gold

The number of increases on a secondary will be much more obvious when we introduce next big Mods update. Again this is a rare bug, but will affect a small portion of our players.

UPDATE:
Hey guys, we're aware there was a possible issue with yesterday's release that may have caused a limited number of player's (less than 500) mods to be over-leveled. We're looking into this and will update you when we know more.

DEV POST
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Options
    Will this affect the amount of credits awarded when selling mods?
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    @TyloRen sorry about that, usually the megathread is linked right in the original dev post, and it had been a little bit since it had gotten posted, so wasn't sure if there just wasn't gonna be one made this time around. Thanks for making one.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    As I said in the other one:

Haha @everyone who roasted CG for using this as a way to make mods cost even more. Looks like they might indeed be less. Although judgement is still out till it actually gets put in game ... slicing could easily cost double.
  • Options
    Compensation for paying so much for the mods and they now just cost the half?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    Vitiate149 wrote: »

Heh, yeah I could use a couple hundred million credits refunded please! :smile:
  • UdalCuain
    5018 posts Member
    Options
    Vitiate149 wrote: »

Took less time than I thought for someone to expect something for nothing.
  • Options
    So mods is coming soon. Can't wait.
  • Options
    New KOTOR characters coming as part of this update? Dying for Mission and Big Z over here!
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Am I the only one that is reading this and thinking it will cost more?

Yes, upgrading cost less, however you will need to upgrade EVERY mod to level 12 to see its stats. So, that would mean all gold mods in the mod store at 3.91M and 1.9M credits respectively will be worth buying because you don't know the secondary stats. Obviously you can farm too, but there were so many 5 dot gold mods in store that were not worth it and now we won't know what the secondaries are.
  • Options
    So much for knowing Secondaries „before investing anything“, eh?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Blindfate wrote: »

Yes, upgrading cost less, however you will need to upgrade EVERY mod to level 12 to see its stats. So, that would mean all gold mods in the mod store at 3.91M and 1.9M credits respectively will be worth buying because you don't know the secondary stats. Obviously you can farm too, but there were so many 5 dot gold mods in store that were not worth it and now we won't know what the secondaries are.

If I get it right, the secondaries, if any, will still be visible from the beginning, so absolutely nothing changes for gold mods. For other tiers, new secondaries will be revealed first and only after that will existing ones upgrade.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options
    Blindfate wrote: »

Pretty sure the gold mods for sale will still be showing the 4 secondaries, purple 3, blue 2, green 1 as they do now.

Slicing is just adding a new aspect of improving mods that started grey, green, purple, blue

secondary stat upgrades
    Gold -> 4 for credits
    Purple ->3 for credits 1 slicing
    blue -> 2 for credits 2 slicing
    green -> 1 for credits 3 slicing
    Grey -> 4 with slicing

All speculation till actually in game
  • Options
    Will you guys be reducing the cost to move around mods? Moving one set is like 50k, 250k for a whole squad.
  • Options
    Don’t be surprised when the sell point of a mod is now half of its current amount,
  • Options
    always excited at new patchnotes just to realize that sithraid t1-6 is still not addressed :(
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Ploosh wrote: »

Haha @everyone who roasted CG for using this as a way to make mods cost even more. Looks like they might indeed be less. Although judgement is still out till it actually gets put in game ... slicing could easily cost double.

And lol @you for thinking thst this short term "beneficial" gain for us doesn't come with a long term plan that will largely benefit them at our expense. Do you even CG bro?
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    Options
    So, when @CG_SBCrumb said we could view all the available secondaries on any mod without spending anything that was a patently false statement?

I figured. Just want to highlight the quality of communication on this big change.
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »

And lol @you for thinking thst this short term "beneficial" gain for us doesn't come with a long term plan that will largely benefit them at our expense. Do you even CG bro?

lol @JaggedJ been here since day 1 bud. Seen everything. You should maybe try reading a little more thoroughly. I obviously acknowledged judgement is out till it's actually in game, but at least this single step is an obvious win for us.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

lol @JaggedJ been here since day 1 bud. Seen everything. You should maybe try reading a little more thoroughly. I obviously acknowledged judgement is out till it's actually in game, but at least this single step is an obvious win for us.

The credit expense will more than be made up through the swap and auto equip functions.
    Post edited by Natos on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

My reading is fine thanks. You lol'd at everyone and then inserted an "out" encase you were wrong later. Fences aren't for sitting on. If you're going to make a statement, then at least stick by it.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    Options
    always excited at new patchnotes just to realize that sithraid t1-6 is still not addressed :(
    Elephant in the room!!
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see what this update breaks
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Dang, just upgraded a bunch of mods today.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    All existing mods that are missing a secondary stat when they should have one (ex. Level 12+), will have a secondary added
    Great after reporting it two years ago, only to get the message WAI, it's now a bug that gets fixed
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%. Upgrade before this goes live if you have mods with speed already on them. To recap, here are the old/new %s for a mod that has speed on it:

Green
    Before - 100% chance to upgrade speed at level 3

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Blue
    Before - 50% chance to upgrade speed at level 3 and another 50% chance to upgrade speed at level 6

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 9 and another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Purple
    Before - 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 3, another 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 6, and another 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 9

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 6, another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 9, and another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Gold
    No change. It was always 25% four times and it will remain that way.

We don't know how slicing will work yet, but from the post today we do know that they severely nerfed the chances to upgrade speed through regular upgrading.
  • Options
    I really don’t think people realize how big of an impact this is going to make to being able to get decent speed mods, especially for your non-arena teams. I have a feeling it’s not going to dawn on people until they go to upgrade a green mod with speed on it and realize they have to level it to 12 now and then only for a 25% chance. RIP all those green +9-10 speed mods.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%.

We don't know how slicing will work yet, but from the post today we do know that they severely nerfed the chances to upgrade speed through regular upgrading.

Where was this confirmed? From my reading, if you ignore slicing, two things have changed:

a) The color doesn't change

b) The price is lower

Other than that, all things work exactly the same. You get a blue, you'll get two "free" slices that randomly pick between the two existing stats, one at level 3, one at level 6. Level 9 and 12 reveal the last two stats. You can then buy two slices which would then pick between the 4 stats, and each slice upgrades the level (purple then gold) of the mod as well.

So mods with a speed secondary to start, it'd be:

Green: 100% chance to upgrade once, 3 x 25% chance to upgrade again.

Blue: 2 x 50% and 2 x 25% chance to upgrade

Purple: 3 x 33% and 1 x 25% chance to upgrade

Gold: 4 x 25% chance to upgrade.

Edit:

More hints things aren't changing:

3k5sf7yel3tf.png

You can see in this image that the mod is green, meaning it started with 1 stat, speed, since it's first. It already hast level 2 speed, meaning that it raised its level before going into the new slicing aspect.

• Options
    Grue wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%.

Where was this confirmed? From my reading, if you ignore slicing, two things have changed:

a) The color doesn't change

b) The price is lower

Other than that, all things work exactly the same. You get a blue, you'll get two "free" slices that randomly pick between the two existing stats, one at level 3, one at level 6. Level 9 and 12 reveal the last two stats. You can then buy two slices which would then pick between the 4 stats, and each slice upgrades the level (purple then gold) of the mod as well.

So mods with a speed secondary to start, it'd be:

Green: 100% chance to upgrade once, 3 x 25% chance to upgrade again.

Blue: 2 x 50% and 2 x 25% chance to upgrade

Purple: 3 x 33% and 1 x 25% chance to upgrade

Gold: 4 x 25% chance to upgrade.

Nope. That’s changing. Before any secondaries increase, the other secondaries are revealed. So no matter which mod color you get, there will always be four secondaries before any of them increase. That means there’s only a 1 in 4 chance for each stat to increase. Same with slicing, there’s a 25% chance.

I’m definitely not looking forward to a reduced chance at speed secondaries upgrading.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Nope. That’s changing. Before any secondaries increase, the other secondaries are revealed. So no matter which mod color you get, there will always be four secondaries before any of them increase. That means there’s only a 1 in 4 chance for each stat to increase. Same with slicing, there’s a 25% chance.

I’m definitely not looking forward to a reduced chance at speed secondaries upgrading.

Where do you see this? None of the stuff I've seen says that is the case.

They say, paraphrasing, "You'll want to see all the secondaries, because IF you get speed, you still have a chance of getting multiple speed bumps through slicing." not "you have to level it to get any bumps"