Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• another_bug117
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    How long does a sith raid last? 48 hours? How long is it from the time they leave on Friday until they return on Monday? 63 or 64 hours? Spectacular fix that was bugged that will have a direct impact on several heroic sith raids and could cause some to fail and all you show is apathy.

No point in pinging people who don't care during office hours on a weekend.
  • Options
    So taking the zeta off Daka and giving us a zeta back and we can re zeta daka if we want to again. Make Daka ability a omega then. It’s not worth a zeta anymore u say this in your response to us. So either give us r zeta back and leave daka zeta on or make it a omega. Funny thing is either one of those things is the absolute minimum u could do. It’s almost like u r rubbing r faces in it with that type of response imo. Hope this is not the case
  • Options
    Honestly, to me it is not the matter of a bug or not introduced during an update, it happens.
    The matter is changing a faction mechanic which was fun to play. As officer of a guild which was working for reaching this Hst (means leave behind a lot of good players just because they haven’t yet the right toons), and personally spending many times more than 2 hours per day. I have seen the fun factor decrease due to hst resembling it more a job to us as officers and to our members. I have invested early in ns team, and I am still using it in arena which now is pretty monocord, with trayas team in top positions and the other outside. Now I see that for a traya problem (of a fraction of top players) is touched the ns mechanics (affecting the others players)...
    That’s not solven by giving back a z or some cristals.
  • Tautas
    87 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks, for refunding Daka zeta, l happy with this decision.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Makes it feel like we didn't give you the Polish you deserve. You NEVER polish anything. You constantly introduce updates the further break the game. You HAD to go back on your mod fix because it made the problem worse. And worse yet this is the 100th apology post I've read from a developer about messing up an update or bug fix. Apology not excepted. You don't care. I mean hell you not even refunding people's zeta until NSZ is updated even though her zeta is now useless for teams that don't even is NSZ. Your also not refunding the zetas for Asajj when plenty of people would now like to use them on other teams and characters. You CANT reduce a teams effectiveness like this just because of one character that maybe 1% of the population has found a way to make it better.
    Post edited by Madpup on
  • Options
    you can also send me close to 28000 crystals spent on gearing up the NS teams to G12, and the G12 pieces on them, and also the 3 other zetas used on Ventress and Talzin.

1 zeta stripped out of Daka returned is simply not acceptable.
  • Options
    Thats crap “before they make longtime investment” i didnt have gear or stars on them and ive been grinding them for the sith raid they are all now g12 2 out of my last zetas went to assaj and the next was fot daka and im 15 pieces away from getting zombie ready
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Dedication...

Sadly I can't claim to have any left. I wish this nerf had been announced sooner. It's simply too extravagant to have been dreamt up and implemented in a matter of hours.

I also feel at fault. I am coaching my guild to pregress through the lower tiers of this raid. We were at the cusp of having T5 on farm. Not so sure anymore. I have suggested NS to my guild mates over the last few months. You can imagine how popular I am.

I no longer feel any desire to participate in the guild since I no longer trust that anything I farm will remain viable.

Can we report the dev team to Lucifer's Daddy for cheating? I feel rather cheated to be honest.
  • Options
    Dear Devs

While I love the game, you sometimes do things I can't fathom. When there is a problem, you overcorrect for it every time. When JTR teams did slightly more damage than you expected in the raid, you nerfed expose on ALL raids. When quests gave too much XP to new players, instead of removing XP, you removed ALL rewards (or at least reduced them).

Why do you consistently have to overreact to simple fixes? Now with the acolyte team, instead of fixing the problem - traya and isolate - you fix bonds of weakness to be MORE harmful than before. So instead of fixing 1 toon, you nerf many more.

Why? Why do you need to make the raid more difficult? Are you blind to the fact that the player base HATES it already? The mechanics are too complicated and convoluted as it is, yet you add more misery to it every time you make a change. Some guilds struggle to clear it as is and now you're cutting them off at the knees again to fix YOUR design flaw.

Please, for the love of the game, stop cutting off the players who are trying to progress. If you design a team and feel it is ready for the game, then leave it as is. If a specific toon causes huge problems, then fix that toon. Traya caused the problem here, so fix her. Zombie is working as intended, don't nerf her.

Thanks.

As my first discussion was deleted unjustly and unfairly, I will be reporting this to EA Corperate. Communication between players and developers is a key part of video gaming these days, and silencing criticism and anything that goes against your normal way of thinking will not stand.

This thread has been archived. Any mod deleting it will only make the case against you worse. Suspention of my account will even more so.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I understand and am glad about the refund however what about the players who have invested zetas on Ventress? I know I personally had no interest in hearing or placing zetas on th Nightsister faction until the raid team was found. Why not just give extra zetas to everyone instead of taking away what we already have?
  • Options
    Just wondering if guilds that can’t complete the heroic now due to the bug will get some compensation? God this was such a horrible rollout.
  • Options
    If a mod would like to civilly discuss this I am open to conversation.
  • Options
    AdlerCl wrote: »
    Dedication...

Sadly I can't claim to have any left. I wish this nerf had been announced sooner. It's simply too extravagant to have been dreamt up and implemented in a matter of hours.

I also feel at fault. I am coaching my guild to pregress through the lower tiers of this raid. We were at the cusp of having T5 on farm. Not so sure anymore. I have suggested NS to my guild mates over the last few months. You can imagine how popular I am.

I no longer feel any desire to participate in the guild since I no longer trust that anything I farm will remain viable.

Can we report the dev team to Lucifer's Daddy for cheating? I feel rather cheated to be honest.

I also am losing motivation. The STR has **** the life out of this game and CG nerfing effective toons (JTR, zombie) and teams (NS) doesn't really motivate me to keep grinding. I'm just farming toons I like now and not spending anymore. It's just not worth it.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sunnie1978 wrote: »
    Finally, we’re also going to continue to monitor the live environment to make sure the 20 stack limit to Bonds of Weakness is the “right” amount. Initial raid completion data is showing that Nightsisters are still one of the dominant strategies in the Sith Triumvirate raid, but we will continue to observe. We will be investigating early next week, what game implications it has to bump the limit a bit further and whether or not we should move the limit up.
    Yeah, here's the thing: yes, Nightsisters will still do good damage in P4. Of course they will, they're pretty much the only strong team there, and this didn't completely kill their strategy.

That's beside the point though. You reacted to a very specific problem, the Acolyte/Traya combo creating an infinite loop, with a fix that has reduced the effectiveness of a perfectly legitimate team that most of the player base interested in completing the raid has built up. There were definitely ways to handle the former without impacting the latter, either at all or at least much more minimally than this change impacts them. That is what ticks people off - that it has become harder for guilds still struggling to reach the level of power needed to clear Heroic Sith to get there, as a totally unneeded side-effect of you dealing with combo that players couldn't do unless they were already beating it to begin with.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Find a way to fix the isolated case of the raid instance you are trying to fix that does not damage the other 99% of the game.
  • TuncBlack
    409 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    So all powerfull guild alrrady seven star traya with their paper ns and newbies will suffer?
  • FTB_REDRUM
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The joke is on us. They won't read most of these posts, they don't even care enough to fix a multi-million dollar game because it affects their weekend lol kitten! If that statement alone doesn't show us how much they don't care, i don't know what will.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    Frankly I don't mind if they're serious about getting rid of infinite loops in the game but that means they also have to tackle those work against players like when it occurs in territory battles. But sincerely doubt will be addressed at all...
  • Options
    Why not at least give us a couple of raids to try Zeta’d Daka with the new Zombie? Taking the Zeta away right now gives us no chance to test if we maybe like the new normal without committing to it again.
    Come on, people @ CG. It looks like you don’t even want to soften the blow...
  • Options
    Not much to add that hasn't already been touched on. I'd just like to read the developer response as to why after a year that the Zombie strategy needs 'fixed'? Also why when the main mechanic that caused the issue with the infinite loop lies with Isolate and Traya that the entire Nightsisters team needs basically dismantled? Also why Daka's unique is the only zeta that is considered refundable when Talzin and Ventress' uniques are custom built for this strategy as well? I could keep adding more 'also's', but I'll wait breathlessly for a response to those first.
  • AbrekV
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Doing this nerf on weekend, you guys probably use a intern or what? Every message you post just fuel the tension.
  • Options
    If they want to be fair shouldn't they either:

* Reclaim all the Traya shards gained this way; or,
    * Have it the same number of shards people claimed using nightsister teams to everyone else who didn't get to exploit it?

These updates are a pisstake.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    Options
    Now, obviously CG plans to go look into their records on their databases and find everyone that has Traya 7* and if they happened to use NS to get her in P3 or P4, they will remove said persons 7* Traya (obviously returning all gear, etc) so they can get her the same way we all now have to correct? Because CG wouldn't want to cause a schism between the haves and have nots I would have thought?
  • chazzychucklin
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yayyyyyy FIXES are the best part of this game!!!!!!!! Bring on the FIXES!!!!!!!
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Options
    Do we have to reach 25 pages of hate and frustration, tragic quits, guilds being destroyed and other things or you just behave like good boys and listen to your unhappy customers which are listing plenty awesome ideas to effectively address the issue you used as an excuse? Do you fear that people will stop spending if you show some love? You're in time to revert the horrific mess you have made and this should be a major concern for you, because you're clearly not in time to revert the huge fail which the sith raid was.

Things are getting out of hand here. Every time you touch something you mess up half of the game, or the whole game if we take into account the whole sith raid thing. People is ceasing to believe that it is simply poor work. You're addressing some issue you don't want to disclose, like players which keep outsmarting you to make an example.
  • FTB_REDRUM
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Absolute joke on us. They won't read most of these posts, they don't even care enough to fix a multi-million dollar game because it affects their weekend lol kitten! If that statement alone dosnt show how much they don't care i don't know what will
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Perdogie
    130 posts Member
    Options
    “We heard that players that have already mastered HSTR and acquired 7* Traya found a way to finish the raid quicker. In response, we’re neutering the Nightsisters so that the whole community can continue to loathe the Sith raid on all tiers. Carry on.”
  • Options
    Hi...what about when traya in P4 hits an infinite loop until she kills your entire team? Where does that stand?

It's existed since the release of the raid.
This discussion has been closed.