Arena Exploit? Can someone please explain this?

Prev13456
Smidday
20 posts Member
edited July 30
irbqm339oa3d.jpeg

Tell me if I’m wrong but is this player intentionally using Hodas retreat mechanic so that every time a player attacks him Hoda retreats and the match comes out as a draw?

Replies

  • Jammax
    18 posts Member
    Very odd, hopefully a dev will see this
  • I smell something fishy and yet strangely cheesey. Yes, definitely the fabled 'poisson au fromage'.

    I'd say that's worthy of a report and let the devs sort it out.
  • Cassius97 wrote: »
    Smidday wrote: »
    irbqm339oa3d.jpeg

    Tell me if I’m wrong but is this player intentionally using Hodas retreat mechanic so that every time a player attacks him Hoda retreats and the match comes out as a draw?

    The other team will automatically win. Looks like someone took first with another team and then changed their team to hyoda to allow others to take first.

    Solid good guy move.

    Or an interesting strategy to make it hard for someone to battle him and take the full 5 minutes while battling for 1st at payout!
  • crzydroid
    3965 posts Moderator
    Cassius97 wrote: »
    Smidday wrote: »
    irbqm339oa3d.jpeg

    Tell me if I’m wrong but is this player intentionally using Hodas retreat mechanic so that every time a player attacks him Hoda retreats and the match comes out as a draw?

    The other team will automatically win. Looks like someone took first with another team and then changed their team to hyoda to allow others to take first.

    Solid good guy move.

    Or an interesting strategy to make it hard for someone to battle him and take the full 5 minutes while battling for 1st at payout!

    Yeah, I'm just going to go with the "good guy move" giving the next person an easy win that they don't need to take five minutes for.
  • Why would he do that
  • MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why would he do that

    Cuz his payout is past
  • Woodroward
    2963 posts Member
    Tryxa wrote: »
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why would he do that

    Sounds kind of like one of those shard collusion things that "doesn't happen."
    You mean: Sounds like shard cooperation that everyone acknowledges does happen. People say collusion doesn't happen because it doesn't.

  • Huatimus
    2663 posts Member
    Personally I would just remove my Speed arrows, it’ll save up on Arena attempts but it’d cost some credits, and remembering which arrow goes where after that.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Tryxa wrote: »
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why would he do that

    Sounds kind of like one of those shard collusion things that "doesn't happen."
    You mean: Sounds like shard cooperation that everyone acknowledges does happen. People say collusion doesn't happen because it doesn't.

    Don’t be naive. My shard chat brags about how many people they have driven from the game because they couldn’t break through the “cartel”.
  • Smidday
    20 posts Member
    Ok guys I thought you would work this one out, I know what he’s doing. When someone attacks his Hoda, Hoda will automatically retreat causing the game to result in a draw, therefore he will remain number 1 and can’t be knocked out. If you don’t believe me it happened on one of AhnaldT101’s videos where the put R2 against Hoda for a joke to recreate scenes from the movie
  • Smidday
    20 posts Member
    Think about it everyone would just attack him and he would drop right out of the top 100 overnight
  • GhostTruckin
    2913 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Think about it yourself, if hermit escapes, which he would, then It’s a loss not a draw, the attacker would get the win, and Then he will get knocked down a spot. So yes he is simply helping his arenamates rank up after his payout.

    Have you not fought a squad with hermit on it? Save him for last, Cuz he auto escapes, which gives you the win. Heck when hermit was first released there was a bunch of threads about how he auto escapes and how he does no damage, and it’s like only using four chars on your squad. By using hermit s9lo there, that is literally simply to make it easy for mins arena mates to win. That’s all.it is.
  • Smidday wrote: »
    Ok guys I thought you would work this one out, I know what he’s doing. When someone attacks his Hoda, Hoda will automatically retreat causing the game to result in a draw, therefore he will remain number 1 and can’t be knocked out. If you don’t believe me it happened on one of AhnaldT101’s videos where the put R2 against Hoda for a joke to recreate scenes from the movie

    In arena it's not a draw when an enemy Hoda retreats, it's a win. I fight a Hoda team daily.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • 80 percent of the posts have no idea how Hoda works and defends him as WAI good guy.

    Smells like a propaganda effort.
  • ChristophIV
    941 posts Member
    edited July 31
    80 percent of the posts have no idea how Hoda works and defends him as WAI good guy.

    Smells like a propaganda effort.

    Can you clarify which bits are wrong, and why it's not a nice thing he is doing in giving people an easy win?
  • 80 percent of the posts have no idea how Hoda works and defends him as WAI good guy.

    Smells like a propaganda effort.

    I think you're in the 20%.
    I see two possibilities here.
    (1) He's setting it so no one can lock him. If someone attacks, he can instantly retake the top spot at payout. This would assume he's in a shard chat and perhaps has 1 competitor who isn't.
    (2) He's just over nurfing for his squad mates to let them grab first, then he'll change his squad back to what probably is traya.
  • Kyno
    15569 posts Moderator
    edited August 1
    Smidday wrote: »
    Ok guys I thought you would work this one out, I know what he’s doing. When someone attacks his Hoda, Hoda will automatically retreat causing the game to result in a draw, therefore he will remain number 1 and can’t be knocked out. If you don’t believe me it happened on one of AhnaldT101’s videos where the put R2 against Hoda for a joke to recreate scenes from the movie

    Please post a link to the video of this happening.

    I have played in arena against teams with HY and left him for last causing him to retreat and giving me a win. It is common now with the jedi being viable. Maybe it is different if he is the only 1 but I dont see why.
    @Smidday
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • xbdwvs7uek33.jpeg
  • Ikky2win
    361 posts Member
    edited July 31
    When you run your arena shard and have no fear of anyone hitting you, you can play around, as evidenced from my screenshot above. This was taken early on in our arena days. All top 10 people were in discord and cooperate with each other so during your payout you could put whoever you wanted in first place after you took it and not have to worry about someone fighting you. Most arena shards gather their top people on discord and cooperate with each other to ensure everyone gets the highest payout possible. Like my lobot first place, the guy with hyoda probably took first with a normal squad, then did another fight with Just hyoda, then switched back to his normal squad. As long as you have no fear of someone hitting you while you do it, it can be quite fun. #arenamafia
  • Nikoms565
    9379 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Think about it everyone would just attack him and he would drop right out of the top 100 overnight

    Yes - and some people actually enjoy playing the game. So he'd put in a strong team later on the next day (or try different ones) and fight his way back up. We've had a couple of people do it on our shard. It's not a trap or a lock or anything of the sort. It's a "go ahead, beat me" move.

    The funny thing is that the people that do it are amazed they don't drop farther because everyone is paranoid and doesn't attack them (as evidenced by many of the misinformed posters in this thread).

    It's a lot more fun than smashing your teams up against HSith for garbage rewards.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Traya meta is rough. hes doing this to help his teammates in the arena chat, obviously.
    its not a tie, and it's probably not to "lock" himself. He surely have help of his shardmates if needed.
    Another option is he just want to do the quests of Jedis and have arena wins with it, and therefore want to be dropped to around 100+-
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Tryxa wrote: »
    MrRedxZero wrote: »
    Why would he do that

    Sounds kind of like one of those shard collusion things that "doesn't happen."
    You mean: Sounds like shard cooperation that everyone acknowledges does happen. People say collusion doesn't happen because it doesn't.

    It's "cooperation" if you're in on it. It's "collusion" if you're on the outside. ;)
    Cogito ergo sum... Cogito. (I think, therefore I am... I think)
This discussion has been closed.