Credit Crunch

124Next

Replies

• Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    m0rality wrote: »
    The problem is that when you get to level 70 the game dynamic changes. Part of the fun was exploring a lot of different toons. At level 70, a toon isn't relevant until they are 65+, 5*, and Purple. So you can't really explore new toons and level up your main toons to compete, without investing a LOT more cash. The game economics are therefore driving me to not level up toons, and just fight with my Top 5. This is the frustration that people have with GW...

Agree^^^
    Wow, I'm irritated with myself for reading this entire thread - ya'll really got off the rails. Don't be afraid to walk away from the keyboard. @Nonemo some of the past posts I've read from you have been sensible but no one should be sticking up for the profit mining event. It was bad before, they said they'd improve it but now it's effectively eliminated. Cantina node 6 (unless you need shards from a diff. node) - I don't need to type the reasons why.
    The credit crunch is obviously real for most players. Those of you stating a positive case for the grind & slow progression of the game... I think you're coo-coo-for-coco-puffs (but I mean that in the nicest possible way). Are you saying when you start a game you're looking to make a 2 year commitment?! I've been playing this game every day for 3.5 months & I have 5 toons maxed. When the day comes that I walk away, with no regret of having spent $16, the rate of progression will be the main reason.
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Bon_El wrote: »
    m0rality wrote: »
    The problem is that when you get to level 70 the game dynamic changes. Part of the fun was exploring a lot of different toons. At level 70, a toon isn't relevant until they are 65+, 5*, and Purple. So you can't really explore new toons and level up your main toons to compete, without investing a LOT more cash. The game economics are therefore driving me to not level up toons, and just fight with my Top 5. This is the frustration that people have with GW...

Agree^^^
    Wow, I'm irritated with myself for reading this entire thread - ya'll really got off the rails. Don't be afraid to walk away from the keyboard. @Nonemo some of the past posts I've read from you have been sensible but no one should be sticking up for the profit mining event. It was bad before, they said they'd improve it but now it's effectively eliminated. Cantina node 6 (unless you need shards from a diff. node) - I don't need to type the reasons why.
    The credit crunch is obviously real for most players. Those of you stating a positive case for the grind & slow progression of the game... I think you're coo-coo-for-coco-puffs (but I mean that in the nicest possible way). Are you saying when you start a game you're looking to make a 2 year commitment?! I've been playing this game every day for 3.5 months & I have 5 toons maxed. When the day comes that I walk away, with no regret of having spent $16, the rate of progression will be the main reason.

To what end are you progressing though? There's currently no real end game. Once you hit rank 1 in arena for a day, you're done. I suppose getting every toon maxed would be another goal, but that's somewhat pointless other then for completeness sake. I think you'll far sooner get board of the game from lack of content than progress; by the time you get your 10th toon maxed, you've more than hit upon every variety the game currently offers.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Bon_El
    435 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    To what end are you progressing though? There's currently no real end game. Once you hit rank 1 in arena for a day, you're done. I suppose getting every toon maxed would be another goal, but that's somewhat pointless other then for completeness sake. I think you'll far sooner get board of the game from lack of content than progress; by the time you get your 10th toon maxed, you've more than hit upon every variety the game currently offers.

The original description I read talked about diversity & synergies. I'd like to explore a wide variety of characters, synergies & teams but the makeup doesn't allow that. Currently I'm liking the Phasma/Poggle/Fives combo which on the surface has no synergy but they make a pretty good team. Soon I'll try an Ahsoka led NightSister/Jedi team after the rumored Ahsoka buff. I've tried it in GW & it works better than you might think but they're not maxed yet. I've no desire to max every toon BUT it might be fun to slide in an ewok team for my last arena battle just to see how bad they get slottered overnight - it is a game. That seems to be an inherent difference - I view it as a game that's supposed to be entertaining. Some appear to view it as a lifestyle. Being ftp I can't make it to #1 unless I get lucky before the cap is raised - I'm happy hovering around top 50.
    Now you've got me off topic too - Ha
    ~ There is a great disturbance in the forum. ~