Credit Crunch

Replies

• m0rality
    167 posts Member
    Options
    papnwors wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    MackemSLAM wrote: »
    Getting the shards and gear is hard enough and expensive enough. Not being able to use them once you have them is just frustrating, and the prohibitive costs of maxing out (already expensive) characters does nothing for diversity and experimentation.

Agreed.
    I don't spend real-world cash on non-premium currency in mobile games. Ever.
    Make no mistake (and don't listen to bogus "entitlement" claims) -- they deliberately created this situation with multiple moves to reduce credit availability:
    - Removing the ability to sell gear with no valid reason (and it was claimed they did this because "they needed the space in the UI", which if true, was obviously not anything imminent).
    - Making the credit event 6x worse rather than making it better as they implied they would.
    - Reducing the net effect of bonus multipliers even if you buy credit packs.
    It was all done on purpose, and entirely to try to squeeze even more money out of a game where they are already making a fortune. Pure, unbridled greed, nothing more, nothing less.

Requoted for absolute truth. Honestly people who disagree either feel like suckers for spending money on credits or just aren't high enough level to understand the problems.

As other have stated and I am in the same boat that people will pay less and less for crystals to unlock toons that just sit there staring at you because you can never afford to level them. Chromium packs have become absolutely useless.

You can unlock them, and sacrifice actually getting some tangible progression but who who do that and neglect a toon of higher level for weeks on end? It's blatantly stupid and it's bad game design, end of story.

^^^ Another sensible post. The credit crunch is causing people to stop spending money on packs/crystals instead of buying credits. They won't increase their spending. Without credits the crystals are useless, so they DECREASE spending on the game....definitely not what we or EA want. We all want a healthy game.
  • Options
    m0rality wrote: »
    Getting the shards and gear is hard enough and expensive enough. Not being able to use them once you have them is just frustrating, and the prohibitive costs of maxing out (already expensive) characters does nothing for diversity and experimentation.

Agreed.
    Make no mistake (and don't listen to bogus "entitlement" claims) -- they deliberately created this situation with multiple moves to reduce credit availability:
    - Removing the ability to sell gear with no valid reason (and it was claimed they did this because "they needed the space in the UI", which if true, was obviously not anything imminent).
    - Making the credit event 6x worse rather than making it better as they implied they would.
    It was all done on purpose, and entirely to try to squeeze even more money out of a game where they are already making a fortune. Pure, unbridled greed, nothing more, nothing less.

Requoted for absolute truth. Honestly people who disagree either feel like suckers for spending money on credits or just aren't high enough level to understand the problems.

As other have stated and I am in the same boat that people will pay less and less for crystals to unlock toons that just sit there staring at you because you can never afford to level them. Chromium packs have become absolutely useless.

You can unlock them, and sacrifice actually getting some tangible progression but who who do that and neglect a toon of higher level for weeks on end? It's blatantly stupid and it's bad game design, end of story.

^^^ Another sensible post. The credit crunch is causing people to stop spending money on packs/crystals instead of buying credits. They won't increase their spending. Without credits the crystals are useless, so they DECREASE spending on the game....definitely not what we or EA want. We all want a healthy game.

The problem with this theory is that people ARE spending money on credits. Basically there are people on the forums who aren't happy with the credit price/credit increase but for some reason they seem to think they are in the majority.

I do agree - those that won't buy credits in turn won't buy packs but I think it's still likely they'll get the energy refreshes however there are also people who will pay or those who are f2p and will just farm the credits as intended.

I can speak for EA nor have I seen their numbers or projections but I imagine that they are seeing sales of credits/crystals/packs in the right areas for their business model. I also imagine those upset with credits for whatever reason make up a very, very small minority in relation to the number of players on their global market
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    There's an impressive amount of doom and gloom in this thread... Also, people who think they're oracles with the actual ability to read the game developers' thoughts.

It's funny when ppl try to say that gear selling was removed as a strategy to limit the amount of credits available. Gear used to sell for 20-40 credits a piece. Let's say you had 200 extra of a piece (which would take at the very least 1,200 energy to get, assuming 100% drop rate), that would net you a grand total of ~4,000-8,000 credits. Just by comparison, you get 5,000 credits per 12 energy in the late cantina battles today.

The new credit packs consistently net more than the old packs of 595,000 credits (with a small chance to double or triple this amount). I read some here claim that the overall payout was reduced. Having bought plenty of credit packs both in the old and the new system, I feel that the amount of credits received is consistent. I'd love to hear some hard facts backing this claim up instead of just insidious rhetoric.

Finally, the Profit mining event. Previously, you could only play it for an hour per day and it cost 50 energy to play. This means that it just wasn't possible to play it more than at most four times per day, and that's assuming you were still using at least one crystal refill. Nowadays you can play the event whenever and how many times you want. The payout has been reduced accordingly.

* We now receive 3x 45 bonus energy every day, which corresponds to a little more than five free Profit minings per day (or 42,000 free credits if you prefer - more of course, if you get the x2 or x3 bonus).
    * The post lv60 levels for questing all give higher credit rewards (lv7 battles are consistently about +30% higher in credit rewards than lv6, look it up).
    * Cantina credits at the post lv60 levels increased by 10%, from 4,500 to 5,000.
    * The Bounty hunter challenge post lv60 goes from 83,3K to 93,3K - translating into an extra 90,000 credits per week.

Next time, if you want to discuss the evil and greed of the developers, at least make a small attempt to make a fair case. Don't just pile up all the negative and then jump to malicious conclusions. That's why we can't have nice things.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    There's an impressive amount of doom and gloom in this thread... Also, people who think they're oracles with the actual ability to read the game developers' thoughts.

It's funny when ppl try to say that gear selling was removed as a strategy to limit the amount of credits available. Gear used to sell for 20-40 credits a piece. Let's say you had 200 extra of a piece (which would take at the very least 1,200 energy to get, assuming 100% drop rate), that would net you a grand total of ~4,000-8,000 credits. Just by comparison, you get 5,000 credits per 12 energy in the late cantina battles today.

The new credit packs consistently net more than the old packs of 595,000 credits (with a small chance to double or triple this amount). I read some here claim that the overall payout was reduced. Having bought plenty of credit packs both in the old and the new system, I feel that the amount of credits received is consistent. I'd love to hear some hard facts backing this claim up instead of just insidious rhetoric.

Finally, the Profit mining event. Previously, you could only play it for an hour per day and it cost 50 energy to play. This means that it just wasn't possible to play it more than at most four times per day, and that's assuming you were still using at least one crystal refill. Nowadays you can play the event whenever and how many times you want. The payout has been reduced accordingly.

* We now receive 3x 45 bonus energy every day, which corresponds to a little more than five free Profit minings per day (or 42,000 free credits if you prefer - more of course, if you get the x2 or x3 bonus).
    * The post lv60 levels for questing all give higher credit rewards (lv7 battles are consistently about +30% higher in credit rewards than lv6, look it up).
    * Cantina credits at the post lv60 levels increased by 10%, from 4,500 to 5,000.
    * The Bounty hunter challenge post lv60 goes from 83,3K to 93,3K - translating into an extra 90,000 credits per week.

Next time, if you want to discuss the evil and greed of the developers, at least make a small attempt to make a fair case. Don't just pile up all the negative and then jump to malicious conclusions. That's why we can't have nice things.

+1
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

As other have stated and I am in the same boat that

The problem with this theory is that people ARE spending money on credits. Basically there are people on the forums who aren't happy with the credit price/credit increase but for some reason they seem to think they are in the majority.

I do agree - those that won't buy credits in turn won't buy packs but I think it's still likely they'll get the energy refreshes however there are also people who will pay or those who are f2p and will just farm the credits as intended.

I can speak for EA nor have I seen their numbers or projections but I imagine that they are seeing sales of credits/crystals/packs in the right areas for their business model. I also imagine those upset with credits for whatever reason make up a very, very small minority in relation to the number of players on their global market

Actually it's quite easy to see the +/- 10 place drop in "top grossing" in the AppStore since they artificially and deliberately ruined the credit economy. It's not guess work.

There are also sites that track income of apps and you can see the game taking in less and less every week.

It's concerning as we all have a love for the game and wish for it to succeed, but without them dropping out the top 50 I guess we will continue to be ignored.

You simply cannot deny that people are spending less and less due to the game killing all progression and becoming a pure and proud money grab.

People are not going to keep paying for credits when they've spent weeks grinding shards and gear. Not even the most fantastic and fun game in the world would get away with such a blatant con. People will not continually but credits for months on end unless you have an endless supply of money and ignorance.

Sure some people may be buying credit packs, but from the stats you can see that it is not a large percentage, certainly not large enough to stay in top 10 grossing. The majority are spending less and less. Perhaps the devs should read the forums instead of thinking that making more unobtainable toons will push up their income.

Post edited by papnwors on
  • Options
    There is no credit crunch just a major lack of patience. You want everything, you want it now, and you want it at the price you choose. If this game makes you miserable because they raised the cost of 600k credits from 2$ to 4$. I have an idea find a game you enjoy. Because gaming is about having fun not whining about every little thing.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Which is why the amounts that the items sold for should have been updated, rather than removing the interface and leaving us with gear in excess quantities that has no use and no planned use (per the devs).
    I tended not to sell items there but some people did. Some even sold excess training droids, and this could amount to hundreds of thousands of credits.
    Fewer options is worse than more.
    I'll concede this point due to admitted lack of experience, since I refuse to use them. But I've seen a lot of people say they are netting less.
    This is completely inaccurate. It never took very long to run the event, and people could (and did) refill energy multiple times if they needed credits. Many people used this to get far greater quantities of credits than are possible now.
    The hour was never a limiting factor, and removing it has no relevance when the new system pays out so poorly. Even attempting to justify this change is bizarre.
    We were told the new event would be an improvement. It objectively is not, and everyone knows it, most importantly including them.

I actually haven't made a small attempt to make a fair case. I've made a LARGE attempt to make a fair case: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14099/generosity-analysis
    That includes many of the items you mentioned and dozens more.
    I never said the company was greedy in all respects. But they are being so here. I always strive to give credit where it is due. However, I also will call things out that are negatives when I see them.
    Beyond the credits themselves, there is a simply the matter here of doing what you say you are going to do, or explaining why you did not. We were repeatedly told that the old credit event would be improved. Many people held off rather than use it on this basis, and instead it was massively nerfed, and all feedback about it is completely ignored. There is no justification for this.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Dont get you people. GW is .5M credits a day. +.8M challenges a week. Ration accordingly. Can't ration, buy packs.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    There is no credit crunch just a major lack of patience. You want everything, you want it now, and you want it at the price you choose. If this game makes you miserable because they raised the cost of 600k credits from 2$ to 4$. I have an idea find a game you enjoy. Because gaming is about having fun not whining about every little thing.

Have you read a single message in this thread? Or just trolling?

• m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

Agreed.

It is all speculation on our part, but I think that more than a few players will not increase their credit buys to support their crystal buys. Instead they will decrease crystal buys.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Qeltar your post above is appreciated and speaks from a place of honesty and sence. It is almost impossible to understand @Nonemo with avoiding all logic and giving myself mild brain damage beforehand. I simply cannot understand how someone can disagree.

It's like being an EA fanboy and thinking they can do no wrong even though the facts that credits have been nerfed to the ground in order to forcefully boost revenue are as clear as day.

It's simple either they do something about it or we all lose the money we have spent so far when the game is slowly crippled and folds. Anyone who disagrees needs to do some research. Not hard to find a list of IAP incomes and follow them. People in general will not and do not buy credits packs and merely turn to other games that give a feeling of progression.
    At the end of the day that is why people spend money in apps to feel like they have progressed.
  • Options

Agreed.

It is all speculation on our part, but I think that more than a few players will not increase their credit buys to support their crystal buys. Instead they will decrease crystal buys.

I agree here. Problem is for the 100,000 people that decide not to buy credits or crystal packs there are probably 300,000 who increase their spend on credits and crystal packs of so EA's bottom line isn't being hit.

Personally I'll buy crystals as and when within reason. Touch wood I haven't had to buy credits as yet as I was having a good run on GW but last 2 days Ive struggled so a credit purchase may be required soon
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Qeltar your post above is appreciated and speaks from a place of honesty and sence. It is almost impossible to understand @Nonemo with avoiding all logic and giving myself mild brain damage beforehand. I simply cannot understand how someone can disagree.

If you're actually interested in understanding, you can always start with just looking up the math in my post instead of ranting.
    It's like being an EA fanboy and thinking they can do no wrong even though the facts that credits have been nerfed to the ground in order to forcefully boost revenue are as clear as day.

This is called an argument ad hominem. Instead of discussing the topic at hand you're calling people who disagree with you "EA fanboys". Please just stop. This is beneath you.

I already made my case regarding credit generation rates. I even provided some numbers. You saying that "the facts are as clear as day" while in your post providing zero facts isn't helping this discussion a lot, I think.
    It's simple either they do something about it or we all lose the money we have spent so far when the game is slowly crippled and folds. Anyone who disagrees needs to do some research.

...which I totally did. Do you even read, bro?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    It's definitely true that they will do whatever best impacts their bottom line, and couldn't care less what any of us think of it.
    The aurodium pack is a good example. They clearly actually were losing a lot of chromium sales as megawhales didn't want to spend $3000 on one character. And magically, aurodium appears.
    If the artificial credit bottleneck really hurts sales, they will change it. If it doesn't, we can discuss it forever and it won't matter.
    ETA: @Nonemo - "fanboy" is indeed unconstructive. So are many of the negative terms you used in your post to describe those with complaints. I don't like being labeled, so I avoid doing the same.
  • Options
    thanks for info about tracking sites. seen it. game does ok on iPhones and declines on iPads fast.
    stop with this credit nonsense .5K a day in GW is enough if you play it smart and know about it. Now you know. move on
  • Options
    *.5M
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo I apologize coming over as bratty at best. I agree it is beneath me. I just find it infuriating that people can actually defend this move from this company that has obviously got tons of people angry and feeling cheated.
    It's not just one or two of us, it's a substantial amount of forum posters and who knows how many players who don't even know this forum exists. We will never know how many players this has turned away because let's be honest here, it's a money grab and people aren't stupid, they will see it. How many games have you deleted after playing a few days seeing after seeing what is really going on and spotting the obvious money grab?

It's illogical. I don't need to do the maths, I play the game. I can see how it has crippled progression to the point where i actually feel sad about where this game is going. It's been a long time since I found a game that I enjoy so much and to watch it go down the route of insatiable greed at the cost of longevity is so fustrating.

It is simply illogical not to see that the keycard battles were taken away and we were given a system which is far from the improvement they promised.it has crippled many, many players that aren't prepared to pay into a contrived and gimped economy of credits.

It will affect their bottom line, it already is, as stated above its easy to see, there are websites which track IAP purchases.

I'm sure they will see this in their back pockets and make the change within a few months.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Which is why the amounts that the items sold for should have been updated, rather than removing the interface and leaving us with gear in excess quantities that has no use and no planned use (per the devs).
    I tended not to sell items there but some people did. Some even sold excess training droids, and this could amount to hundreds of thousands of credits.

Didn't you start posting in this thread about how the developers intentionally choked credit flows by removing the gear selling option? Then I point out the ridiculously low profit from those sales, and now you say that the problem was that they should have sold for more? If they sold for too little (as I showed), removing them wouldn't impede the credit flow. Which was your original contention. Make up your mind.
    This is completely inaccurate. It never took very long to run the event, and people could (and did) refill energy multiple times if they needed credits. Many people used this to get far greater quantities of credits than are possible now.
    The hour was never a limiting factor, and removing it has no relevance when the new system pays out so poorly. Even attempting to justify this change is bizarre.
    We were told the new event would be an improvement. It objectively is not, and everyone knows it, most importantly including them.
    They changed this event because so very few were even using it, bud. We both know this. The "many" of which you speak is just a rhetorical figure now, handy for making points about how much better everything was back in the day.

The hour is naturally a limiting factor since it forced you to output a big amount of energy all at once instead of spread out during the day - thereby necessitating the use of crystals to farm for credits. I really don't understand how that could not be a limiting factor in your view.

I also note that you ignore my reminder that we've been given an additional 135 energy nowadays to use as we please. Guess that doesn't fit your doom and gloom agenda either.

Maybe it doesn't add enough to cover up for the reduced output of the event. I wouldn't know since I don't have a feeling for how often the 2x and 3x bonuses proc. On the other hand, instead of being forced to spend premium currency - crystals - to farm credits, it's now more open to the players.

I actually haven't made a small attempt to make a fair case. I've made a LARGE attempt to make a fair case: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14099/generosity-analysis

Cool. I'll read it later.
    I never said the company was greedy in all respects. But they are being so here. I always strive to give credit where it is due. However, I also will call things out that are negatives when I see them.
    Gonna have to disagree with you here. You are definitely calling them greedy. That you didn't call them greedy "in all respects" and that you try to be fair, is just lawyer talk to my ears.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options

Didn't you start posting in this thread about how the developers intentionally choked credit flows by removing the gear selling option? Then I point out the ridiculously low profit from those sales, and now you say that the problem was that they should have sold for more? If they sold for too little (as I showed), removing them wouldn't impede the credit flow. Which was your original contention. Make up your mind.
    They changed this event because so very few were even using it, bud. We both know this. The "many" of which you speak is just a rhetorical figure now, handy for making points about how much better everything was back in the day.

The hour is naturally a limiting factor since it forced you to output a big amount of energy all at once instead of spread out during the day - thereby necessitating the use of crystals to farm for credits. I really don't understand how that could not be a limiting factor in your view.

I also note that you ignore my reminder that we've been given an additional 135 energy nowadays to use as we please. Guess that doesn't fit your doom and gloom agenda either.

Maybe it doesn't add enough to cover up for the reduced output of the event. I wouldn't know since I don't have a feeling for how often the 2x and 3x bonuses proc. On the other hand, instead of being forced to spend premium currency - crystals - to farm credits, it's now more open to the players.

Cool. I'll read it later.
    Gonna have to disagree with you here. You are definitely calling them greedy. That you didn't call them greedy "in all respects" and that you try to be fair, is just lawyer talk to my ears.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    The circular reasoning was actually theirs. They said "hardly anyone uses this because it doesn't pay very much for the items." And many people said "fine, so make it pay a reasonable amount." A few said "even at the low prices, it's better than nothing."
    They ignored all of this and just removed it. And yes, I believe one reason was to remove it as a credit source, however meager. The 8400 they are paying out now is not exactly dramatically better than what you could get selling excess challenge materials.
    Very few were using it because the payout wasn't very good. They made it 6x worse.
    If you want to justify that, go ahead, I'm not wasting any more time on this, it is self-evident to everyone that they are dramatically worse than before, and why they did this. It's laughable to even try to rationalize.
    To repeat again: they said they would make it better. It is not better. It sucks.

Are you serious? It's not "lawyer talk", it's simple logic and proper use of the English language.
    Yes, I am calling them greedy when it comes to the credit situation. I said that already multiple times. YOU however generalized that as follows: "Next time, if you want to discuss the evil and greed of the developers, at least make a small attempt to make a fair case. Don't just pile up all the negative and then jump to malicious conclusions."
    And that is why I pointed out that my criticism is specific, and that I have been fair to them in other areas.
    I even PMed John Salera to thank him for the aurodium packs, even though I never bought one.
    Don't try to pigeonhole me, it won't work.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Very nicely said.
    It is probably not even the developers making the decision on the payouts, rewards etc.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    @Nonemo I apologize coming over as bratty at best. I agree it is beneath me. I just find it infuriating that people can actually defend this move from this company that has obviously got tons of people angry and feeling cheated.

Apology accepted. Glad we could get past that. :)

The way I see it, almost nobody used the old credits event anyway. Because it was way too expensive for what you got, and the time limit forced you to spend premium currency just to farm for credits. With most people already using several refreshes a day, it was extremely expensive to get credits that way, especially compared to just buying a credit pack in the shop.

Now we have an event that awards small amounts of credits - too small for me to even bother with them tbh. But I didn't bother with the old event either, so. But now, at least we aren't forced to use premium currency if we want to go credit hunting. Was it an improvement? I'd say no. But it definitely wasn't the kind of earth shaking nerf that broke the game for countless players. That's actually be kind of funny... ^^
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Was it an improvement? I'd say no. But it definitely wasn't the kind of earth shaking nerf that broke the game for countless players.
    They are 5-6x worse in terms of payout per energy spent. That is a pretty serious nerf.
    When people aren't using a feature, and you tell them "don't worry we're revamping that soon and you will like it", and then you make it worse, you should expect criticism.
    It is entirely valid, period.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Was it an improvement? I'd say no. But it definitely wasn't the kind of earth shaking nerf that broke the game for countless players.
    They are 5-6x worse in terms of payout per energy spent. That is a pretty serious nerf.
    When people aren't using a feature, and you tell them "don't worry we're revamping that soon and you will like it", and then you make it worse, you should expect criticism.
    It is entirely valid, period.

Yes, they decreased the credits payout. But they made the event a whole lot more playable, and made it so you can generate more credits over time without having to use crystal refills. But if you keep focusing on the one issue that got nerfed, that's all you're ever going to see.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, they decreased the credits payout. But they made the event a whole lot more playable, and made it so you can generate more credits over time without having to use crystal refills. But if you keep focusing on the one issue that got nerfed, that's all you're ever going to see.

I'm focusing on the only issue of relevance.
    Before, if you wanted to, you could spend a few hundred crystals and get 1 million credits. Now you cannot do that unless you spend them in the shop.
    That's the entirety of what this move was about.
    I literally do not know of a single person who uses these events. I cannot imagine any circumstance in which it would make more sense to spend 24 energy to get 8400 measly credits rather than 2 or 3 chances at shards or gear.
    They are garbage, and deliberately so.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    The circular reasoning was actually theirs. They said "hardly anyone uses this because it doesn't pay very much for the items." And many people said "fine, so make it pay a reasonable amount." A few said "even at the low prices, it's better than nothing."
    They ignored all of this and just removed it. And yes, I believe one reason was to remove it as a credit source, however meager. The 8400 they are paying out now is not exactly dramatically better than what you could get selling excess challenge materials.
    Ok, so you're comparing 8,400 for 24 energy spent, with 4,000-8,000 for at the very least 1,200 energy spent. Just wanted to point that out.
    Very few were using it because the payout wasn't very good. They made it 6x worse.
    If you want to justify that, go ahead, I'm not wasting any more time on this, it is self-evident to everyone that they are dramatically worse than before, and why they did this. It's laughable to even try to rationalize.
    To repeat again: they said they would make it better. It is not better. It sucks.

I feel that I responded to this in another reply.

Are you serious? It's not "lawyer talk", it's simple logic and proper use of the English language.
    Yes, I am calling them greedy when it comes to the credit situation. I said that already multiple times. YOU however generalized that as follows: "Next time, if you want to discuss the evil and greed of the developers, at least make a small attempt to make a fair case. Don't just pile up all the negative and then jump to malicious conclusions."
    And that is why I pointed out that my criticism is specific, and that I have been fair to them in other areas.
    I even PMed John Salera to thank him for the aurodium packs, even though I never bought one.
    Don't try to pigeonhole me, it won't work.

I certainly didn't address you specifically in my first post. Not that I wasn't fairly certain you'd respond though. ;) Oh, and I'm also of the philosophy that you should owe up to your words even if you have at other times stated something different.

I do interpret your argumentation here as at least partially downright malicious, and filled with rhetoric where you create big issues out of thin air (like the gear selling) or make extremely lopsided arguments (like not presenting the ways in which the game has simultaneously increased the amount of credits we earn). Just like a really skilled lawyer.
  • Options
    If the point of the game is to have as many level 70 characters as you can possibly unlock, then yes, there is a major credit shortage.

However, once you realize that your level 70, 3-star, gear V ewok scout isn't going to get much play, you'll understand that it is energy, not credits that are the true bottleneck.

Honestly, I've found that there just aren't many toons that are very good at less than 5 or 6 star, and less than gear VII, so what's the big fuss about getting them to level 70 anyways, they're not going to be very useful. Once I realized that gearing them is the big deal, I'm never too stressed about credits.

Specifically, it may take a week or two to gear up and star a single character (or more) to where they will be remotely usable, but only a few days to save up the couple mill it takes to level and promote them.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options

Quoting this as well for the truth!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Why don't they just give us all unlocked characters, fully geared and levelled? No more credit crunch!
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    Why don't they just give us all unlocked characters, fully geared and levelled? No more credit crunch!

I'm sure the whales would love that. Means they can play for another week than throw their toys aside again or complain about lack of content.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting