Nightsister Zombie Rework: Begone Paper, Hello Fat [MEGA]

Replies

  • These arguments are getting circular now, can we just agree to disagree for the moment and start at Speed 0 again?
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent
  • These arguments are getting circular now, can we just agree to disagree for the moment and start at Speed 0 again?

    Nope I have no interest in dropping this I will become the biggest ear worm for cg and ea until this is corrected and reversed
  • I think a lot of people complaining about P3 of HSTR are being a little bit disingenuous on the timeline here. The Paper Zombie nerf was announced back in July (they all but called it a nerf, clearly indicating she would be less useful in a lower geared state), but the "Death Storm" team was made popular in early to mid-August. Anyone complaining about gearing up NS for P3 only to be enraged by the change to the mechanic isn't being honest with themselves.

    As for P4. Maybe we should wait and see a little bit. I personally think that the updates to her, including the multiple revives are going to turn NS into an unpleasant experience in PvP, as it's much more challenging to avoid starting the revive train. We shall see.

    NS still seem like a quality faction for a lot of game modes, just might require a little more gear and a little more thought. There are not a lot of viable heroic tier toons at gear 10, she might be the first.

    Are you aware that the p3 mechanic works with a fat zombie? Here's the display
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

    So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

    I invested in Jawas and Droids for HAAT. Should I know demand a refund because there are better teams now? And you don't know that NS won't be good anymore. I'm sure they will still excel in P4 of STR

    Did they nerf the hell out of your droids when they found out they did well?

    Well they did alter completely why I bothered farming jawas so if someone wants a refund for ns and gets one then one should get one for jawas. Jawas used to be required for mods now they’re not. I farmed them just for that. I’m not going to ask for a refund because when it comes down to it I’d probably farm them eventually.

    The whole nerf thing is a problem for me because you create something that does well or you use a strategy that runs well and we are getting penalized because of it. Cg is already dumbing down str because it obviously isn’t working as it’s suppose to. So why penalize people that found ways to make it work.

    I’m going to still use ns and gear up zombie but it still grinds my gears. Stop penalizing players for your mistakes.

    Thanks for most of the changes in other things but stop dumbing down characters and strategies that actually work. You’ll still make your money
  • I think a lot of people complaining about P3 of HSTR are being a little bit disingenuous on the timeline here. The Paper Zombie nerf was announced back in July (they all but called it a nerf, clearly indicating she would be less useful in a lower geared state), but the "Death Storm" team was made popular in early to mid-August. Anyone complaining about gearing up NS for P3 only to be enraged by the change to the mechanic isn't being honest with themselves.

    As for P4. Maybe we should wait and see a little bit. I personally think that the updates to her, including the multiple revives are going to turn NS into an unpleasant experience in PvP, as it's much more challenging to avoid starting the revive train. We shall see.

    NS still seem like a quality faction for a lot of game modes, just might require a little more gear and a little more thought. There are not a lot of viable heroic tier toons at gear 10, she might be the first.

    Not true. Deathstorm has been around since last December, maybe earlier.

    I agree on waiting though, this may not be as bad as it initially seems. Just hope it goes live after my guilds Sith raid tonight.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

    So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

    I invested in Jawas and Droids for HAAT. Should I know demand a refund because there are better teams now? And you don't know that NS won't be good anymore. I'm sure they will still excel in P4 of STR

    Did they nerf the hell out of your droids when they found out they did well?

    just remember you are complaining because your g6 zombie is not good anymore.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Isn't that only when another NS dies? If Undying Sacrifice is out of charges and Zombie gets -100% speed is there any way for her to ever take a turn again?

    No there is not.

    @CG_TopHat Sorry but this is a massive problem. Once she hits -100% she is just a lump of uselessness why is she even there? She can't taunt all she can do is die if someone is dumb enough to attack her. With today's teams you don't think that people can easily kill even a G12 zombie twice before she gets a turn (especially since she will be at -50% speed at that point)?

    I can't imagine you have play tested this well because the strat seems simple... remove taunt, kill someone else twice (not really that hard to do). Then kill zombie twice (again not that hard to do) and boom zombie just sits there at -100% speed and can never take a turn again, can never taunt again and is completely useless. at this point you just have to deal with the normal mechanics of the NS team but that is much easier to deal with because you NEVER have to touch zombie again. Another poorly thought out nerf just like on Acolyte where you claim she is just as useful despite the fact that she can no longer get through foresight which is EVERYWHERE now in the game.

    Go back to the drawing board, this new unique just makes zombie less useful at g12 not more useful. She is now only a taunter until she dies twice.
  • Do we get zetas back with the option to use them if we want rework on zombie takes out all the reason I use her. So can I get my NS zetas back and put them where I want them. You guys did mess up and are now fixing it. That no matter how many people ask should get it
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

    So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

    I invested in Jawas and Droids for HAAT. Should I know demand a refund because there are better teams now? And you don't know that NS won't be good anymore. I'm sure they will still excel in P4 of STR

    Did they nerf the hell out of your droids when they found out they did well?

    just remember you are complaining because your g6 zombie is not good anymore.

    It's not about whether a G6 zombie is good anymore, did you even read through this thread?

    People invested in this whole team based off existing mechanics and raid scores..... People put time, effort and.money into getting this team up there.... They could have done many things to incentivize gearing zombie without changing base mechankcs, but instead they not only made gearing a necessity, they also added an ability that will require even more resources (purples and omegas) to make the toon viable and, to add insult to injury, they locked the ability behind a gear wall higher than any other gear wall in the game.....
  • Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?
  • Crynus wrote: »
    Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?

    Shake up the arenas.
  • Crynus wrote: »
    Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?

    Have a further reach to battle. If someone in the top 100 could take on the top ten without having to fight all the way down through the ranks this would allow for everyone to have an opportunity at the top rewards in arena not just the ones in the shard chats.
  • September: speed isn't good.
    October: Zombie faster than everyone?
  • Zouss57 wrote: »
    September: speed isn't good.
    October: Zombie faster than everyone?

    So it’s like the 28 Days Later zombies...those are the worst kind!
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Crynus wrote: »
    Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?

    Have a further reach to battle. If someone in the top 100 could take on the top ten without having to fight all the way down through the ranks this would allow for everyone to have an opportunity at the top rewards in arena not just the ones in the shard chats.

    i dont understand how that will help. if there is a "mafia" keeping people out of the top 10 how will further reach help?
  • IceHawk117 wrote: »
    I have had two posts deleted on this thread. Having myself been a senior forum moderator for another EA game, it would be nice if I knew what standards I am violating.

    If you are editing it alot it tends to disappear
  • No fix needed, whats next that gets nerfed??
  • The only reason to zeta hoda for the cooldown reset was to use with a reviving toon to recall all of those assists in a raid or arena otherwise that zeta is worthless.. keep the daka zeta I want thr hoda one back
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    If you use them that much, you shouldn't have to try it. You should know from the description that it will infact not be easier set up for P3. Traya will have been enraged IF & when you get set up.

    I've been running Deathstorm since it was posted on Reddit. Your experience is not at all in line with mine. What tier are you running and when, pre-change, do you have the setup complete? What's traya's turn counter?

    When I do it in heroic, the run is either blown or setup when traya hits 12 on her turn counter. By then bonds is stacked into the 30s and she just did her AOE bringing most of my team to either dead or yellow and red. MANY times, Daka dies with the other two and I have a chance to bring her back with a basic attack on a sabre to complete the setup. There's no way in hell it would take an additional 12 turns from Traya to kill off a revived nightsister or two.

  • Crynus wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Crynus wrote: »
    Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?

    Have a further reach to battle. If someone in the top 100 could take on the top ten without having to fight all the way down through the ranks this would allow for everyone to have an opportunity at the top rewards in arena not just the ones in the shard chats.

    i dont understand how that will help. if there is a "mafia" keeping people out of the top 10 how will further reach help?

    Because if you have to use four battles to get to the top ten then you have one battle to get to 1 and then you’re done without refreshes. If you can constantly take on the number one you won’t be wasting battles and everyone without the fear of collusion will be fighting for number 1
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    So you're all saying that without the cheese you would never have invested in NS at all, despite this being a completionist game? And you're angry because they restored the completionist aspect to Zombie and made the game what it was supposed to be in the first place?

    So you have a g12 cup? This isn’t a completionist game it’s strategy game and a resource management game. Those resources would have gone to a better faction if we knew months ago when the raid launched that this would happen.

    I invested in Jawas and Droids for HAAT. Should I know demand a refund because there are better teams now? And you don't know that NS won't be good anymore. I'm sure they will still excel in P4 of STR

    Did they nerf the hell out of your droids when they found out they did well?

    just remember you are complaining because your g6 zombie is not good anymore.

    It's not about whether a G6 zombie is good anymore, did you even read through this thread?

    People invested in this whole team based off existing mechanics and raid scores..... People put time, effort and.money into getting this team up there.... They could have done many things to incentivize gearing zombie without changing base mechankcs, but instead they not only made gearing a necessity, they also added an ability that will require even more resources (purples and omegas) to make the toon viable and, to add insult to injury, they locked the ability behind a gear wall higher than any other gear wall in the game.....

    that's the state of the game. The gear to get zombie to g10 is not hard to find or difficult to farm except for the Mk6 nubian disks(raid reward). But as I said earlier NS geared up are great for other aspects of the game not just STR. The incentive could be NS scores increase with this change to zombie and make it easier to get top 10 for g12+ gear or Traya shards.
  • Chewy88 wrote: »
    Crynus wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    Crynus wrote: »
    Paper Zombie... fixed a problem where there was none... Arena Shard Chat Mafia... a big problem that SWGOH refuses to fix... ugh!

    how do you propose it gets fixed? eliminate discord?

    Have a further reach to battle. If someone in the top 100 could take on the top ten without having to fight all the way down through the ranks this would allow for everyone to have an opportunity at the top rewards in arena not just the ones in the shard chats.

    i dont understand how that will help. if there is a "mafia" keeping people out of the top 10 how will further reach help?

    Because if you have to use four battles to get to the top ten then you have one battle to get to 1 and then you’re done without refreshes. If you can constantly take on the number one you won’t be wasting battles and everyone without the fear of collusion will be fighting for number 1

    With the potential for 100 people attacking #1, what makes you think you’d ever get a chance? Yes the mafia would be broken up... if that’s the sole goal then okay. Improving the overall arena experience needs some work though.
  • RoboJoe
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This seems unfair. We have finally become a Sith raid guild with the help of NS for phase 3. This seems to destroy them for phase 3. Makes them useless. Why not stop nerfing toons and maybe nerf raid?

    I would love to see a guild beat the Sith raid without using NS at all.
  • @CG_TopHat

    I'm a little confused. Why is Daka's zeta the only one getting refunded when two of the other nightsister zeta abilities also revolve around units dying and getting revived? Why not just refund the zetas for all 3 of these abilities and let people place them where they see fit, since this change impacts those abilities and since a lot of players specifically used zetas on these characters based on the old zombie mechanics and Sith raid strategy?
  • This Sith Raid seems to be the root of all evils in this game
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote:
    Hi Holotable Heroes,.
    We have an exciting few days coming up! Today, we have an update with new content but also a rework to Nightsister Zombie. Due to the changes to Nightsister Zombie, we are aiming to refund the Old Daka Zeta from all players that have her Zeta’d in a server update on Thursday (9/27). More details tomorrow about how that will roll out to everyone.

    So is she getting an omega instead since you admitted her zeta is useless? The other question is what about the rest - Asajj, Talzin unique? Can we get these refunded too? Can we get all the gear from NS put back in our inventory while you're at it?
    These zetas and teams were put together to form a certain flow in HSTR which, I should remind you, was released 7 months ago and is still, apparently, work in progress. NZ indicates that, since she was reworked in a weird manner - the kit is overcomplicated in order to preserve the idea which was fun but was messing with the raid. The raid hardly anyone is enjoying now because of the reward structure. I know these are being "adjusted" but we all know how it works - instead of replacing useless stuff you will just take it away leaving empty space.
  • My Vader leadership is now useless to me because of emperor palpatine leadership and some other powerful toons. Can I get a refund for that?

    Sorry for all those who got screwed for this update. I hopefully won’t get too hard since I never zeta Daka but I do fear what will happen with my Asajj lead.
  • Get outta here. The Zombie rework looks amazing. And why would you want the other ones back? You still need them for good p4 scores.

    Not to mention all the other cool stuff we're getting today. Some people will complain about anything.
  • Where was that posted. Sounds like Chewie tomorrow
  • And why does it feel like you’re addressing me when you say hello fat in the title? I was like how the hell did they know?
Sign In or Register to comment.