Content Update 9/26/2018 [MEGA]

14567810Next

Replies

• I did a battle recently where Barris's force healer REDUCED health for the health percentage equalized. Is this intentional?
  • Ct214476 wrote: »
    I did a battle recently where Barris's force healer REDUCED health for the health percentage equalized. Is this intentional?

It equalizes health so yeah, toons that have higher health can lose health.

Scenario
    Toon A has 15% health
    Toon B has 75% health
    Toon C has 90% health

The total 180% would be spread out evenly between the three toons for 60% each, then the +15% max health from the ability takes each to 75% health. So you end up with A gaining 60%, B staying the same and C losing 15%.
  • Bossak wrote: »
    I‘m F2P...z8onwoosv1zi.png

You are telling me you are FTP with 3.6 M GP? There is no way haha... I don’t care what you say but reguardless of when you began playing you have to pay somewhat to be at that GP level

I’m at 3.1 mil and haven’t spent a dime either. I was a day 1 player, but then took 8 months off after playing for a few months. If I hadn’t I think I could definitely be close to 4 mil without spending anything.
  • Surely I'm not the only one to notice that not only has Bastila Shan's face changed in the new update, but that it has not changed for the better??

She looks weird and slightly unnatural now, why on earth change the look of a virtually brand new character, especially when the end result is just, well odd!
  • TheOneAndOnlyStanima
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    My primary issue is the blatant false advertising leading up to the event. CG uses very specific language when explaining the difficulty of the various challenges. "Very hard" events do not require GL11 and super fast mods. Let alone the 5* section of those events.

The Mythic Tier is labeled "Very, Very, difficult" and it does in fact require that level of investment in your Toons. I purchased gems, with the anticipation of unlocking then really having to try hard for the 7*.

I have all GL9, well modded Toons and I struggle to last longer than the initial attack round. I managed to take out ROLO once...that's about it.

This is, and should be more difficult than Thrawn. But I am not at all satisfied with the bait and switch pulled here. And from reading this, I am not alone.
  • My primary issue is the blatant false advertising leading up to the event. CG uses very specific language when explaining the difficulty of the various challenges. "Very hard" events do not require GL11 and super fast mods. Let alone the 5* section of those events.

The Mythic Tier is labeled "Very, Very, difficult" and it does in fact require that level of investment in your Toons. I purchased gems, with the anticipation of unlocking then really having to try hard for the 7*.

I have all GL9, well modded Toons and I struggle to last longer than the initial attack round. I managed to take out ROLO once...that's about it.

This is, and should be more difficult than Thrawn. But I am not at all satisfied with the bait and switch pulled here. And from reading this, I am not alone.

Yeah I feel like they didn't understand the underlying hate of the sith raid. The absurd amounts of health and messed up mechanics was certainly a major problem but why people hated it was because it basically wasn't fun to even do unless you had super specific hsith ready teams. I feel like that's the case here.

If it's truly "any 5 BH" then it should've been scaled accordingly so that any mega whales who went all out for Bossk + later BH would coast through it while the rest would need good mods and strategy to make it through with the OG BH. Especially since, until recently, most of those OG BH weren't worth gearing past G8. I very much feel that it is inherently designed to at minimum require a 7* Bossk and Dengar for the last tier. At least I can't fathom how a team of Boba, 88, Greedo, Cad, Zam could do tier 7 without g12+ & 6E god mods.

More than that, I greatly hate how it seems designed to minimize your chances of completing the contracts of any leadership before your team is very beat up to the point where it may not help even though that was THE major change/buff to the faction.
  • Darth_Aamon
    70 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Srsly, p1 heroic nerf?? Suddenly bottem feeders can have good scores???

Edited for swearing. Let's watch the language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on

• If it's truly "any 5 BH" then it should've been scaled accordingly so that any mega whales who went all out for Bossk + later BH would coast through it while the rest would need good mods and strategy to make it through with the OG BH. Especially since, until recently, most of those OG BH weren't worth gearing past G8. I very much feel that it is inherently designed to at minimum require a 7* Bossk and Dengar for the last tier. At least I can't fathom how a team of Boba, 88, Greedo, Cad, Zam could do tier 7 without g12+ & 6E god mods.

You described the exact situation that's now happening. And people are doing with way less gear than maxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziStbDWEk5o

I agree with you sentiment about contracts not being viable. Big missed chance.
  • No_Try wrote: »

If it's truly "any 5 BH" then it should've been scaled accordingly so that any mega whales who went all out for Bossk + later BH would coast through it while the rest would need good mods and strategy to make it through with the OG BH. Especially since, until recently, most of those OG BH weren't worth gearing past G8. I very much feel that it is inherently designed to at minimum require a 7* Bossk and Dengar for the last tier. At least I can't fathom how a team of Boba, 88, Greedo, Cad, Zam could do tier 7 without g12+ & 6E god mods.

You described the exact situation that's now happening. And people are doing with way less gear than maxed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziStbDWEk5o

I agree with you sentiment about contracts not being viable. Big missed chance.

I'd love to know what the speed and other stats were on those guys. I have Boba g12; dengar (g11); 88 (g11); greedo (g11); cad (g9) and except for boba and dengar they often get slaughtered without taking a turn. It's honestly be driving me crazy that I have a decent-ish team in light of videos like that yet can't come close to their performance.
  • TheOneAndOnlyStanima
    25 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    After many tries and reworking my team's mods, I was able to unlock the 5* with a Bossk lead, Boba, Dengar, Cad Bane, and Greedo. All GL9 & 7*; Most of the omegas and no zeta (about 70k GP). The stun lock of Chewie was necessary and I went right at him, dropping him first. I kept ROLO ability blocked to prevent her massive AOE. And got immediately smoked in the 6* Tier.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Do you mean embo instead of boba for the bonus turn text fix?

When Boba gets his contract he used to get 100% turn meter but now he gets a bonus turn instead.

Which is ... no change at all. The behaviour is the exact same as before. Only the text description changed. The term "takes/gains a bonus turn" is an abomination, which should be stopped.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/183352/gaining-taking-a-turn-vs-gaining-100-turn-meter#latest
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Author wrote: »
    Bad Form:

[...]

Zombie rework announced, then dropped THE VERY NEXT DAY. No chance for us to stack up some gear who were running paper zombie, so our HSTR teams are invalid for the next raid due to lack of notice. THANKS

The communication now is really just without structure. I'm glad you guys are trying to engage, trying to telegraph and little bit on some things, but then others, you're just messing with your community.

It was announced several weeks ago, that a rework was coming and that the goal was to make NS zombie better at higher gear tiers than low gear tiers. We've had all the warning we needed. It's not CG's fault, that you didn't stack up gear, since the announcement.
  • Dear EA,

I’ve been playing SWGOH since April and enjoy the game quite a bit. A team I’ve been working on since the beginning is the Nightsisters. I really appreciate what you tried to accomplish with the new changes. The paper zombie, and the acolyte/zombie combinations were a nuisance and were never intended to operate that way.

In my team, I’ve never used either technique; it’s just not the way I like to play. Without using those techniques, the NS faction has been fair and balanced for me. I’m now struggling against teams I didn’t prior to the changes; and I’ve not come across a team that’s easier.

Please understand I’m not here to complain—it’s not the way I operate—and I realize you can’t make everyone happy. But I wanted to let you know the changes may have had unintended affects that didn’t come up in your testing, and offer some possible solutions.

I think there is a simple way to fix the two problems you’re trying to correct without changing the way the rest of the faction operates. This solution starts with abilities as they existed prior to the September changes. At level one, Endless Horde reads something like this: “At the start of her turn, Nightsister Zombie gains taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister zombie is defeated, she has a 50% chance to revive with 40% health as long as two other Nightsister allies are active.” The ability progression would remain the same with two additions. At level 5, 25% chance to revive is added with a gear level requirement; perhaps tier 8. At level 8, 25% chance to revive is added with a gear level requirement of tier 10.

The end verbiage would read something like this: “At the start of each encounter and at the start of her turn, Nightsister Zombie gains taunt for 1 turn. When Nightsister Zombie is defeated, she is revived withy 100% health as long as two other Nightsister allies are active, which can’t be prevented.”

Adding the percentage climb with gear level requirements provides strong incentive to go deep into her gear tiers and fixes the paper zombie technique. It also keeps her desirable to include in your team. Requiring two or more Nightsister allies for her to revive gets rid of the acolyte/zombie combination, while still keeping the acolyte strong and relevant.

I realize you’ve invested in the new changes, tested them, and are unlikely to move to the above. If that’s the case, I have two recommendations to tweak the faction to be more viable as they are after the September changes

Firstly, I think the Zombie’s speed reduction amount needs to be reduced to -25% for the first death, and -50% the second, maxing at -50%. When she has 0 speed, even when she comes back at base speed, the team is very vulnerable. If you’re fighting a team that’s on par with yours, death can happen quickly once her protection is down.

Secondly, I think the entire faction needs a base health and protection boost. Health and protection has always seemed low, but it’s always been acceptable because of how much attention the Zombie was taking in a fight, and how much reviving the faction has. As is, it’s easy to take two Nightsisters out, then move on to the rest of the squad.

The Night sister faction has been fun to play because of how unique their mechanics are. The September changes resolve some issues, but change other mechanics in an undesirable way. I hope you consider some additional changes to better balance a fun and effective team.

Thank you for your time.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Author wrote: »
    Bad Form:

[...]

Zombie rework announced, then dropped THE VERY NEXT DAY. No chance for us to stack up some gear who were running paper zombie, so our HSTR teams are invalid for the next raid due to lack of notice. THANKS

The communication now is really just without structure. I'm glad you guys are trying to engage, trying to telegraph and little bit on some things, but then others, you're just messing with your community.

It was announced several weeks ago, that a rework was coming and that the goal was to make NS zombie better at higher gear tiers than low gear tiers. We've had all the warning we needed. It's not CG's fault, that you didn't stack up gear, since the announcement.

How mant times you gonna post sAme thing ??? No ones gonna take your new toy away. All we got now is mad people and condescending people... the mad people are fine at least some of them dont live here posting and might have been surprised but the condescending ones mannnnnnn do ya ever ever stop....

At what point does the endorphins hit where people dont have to point out how smarter or better some are than others....

• All the posts and former stats done on the shard are dated. So anybody saying 1/3 is "official" is wrong alot of people are doing statistical analysis now. We did a month run before they changed HN runs to 8X. So our base line was run off 5 10 and 15X runs. The shard rate for a base 5X run over a month between us came out to be between 10% and 15%. It was less if the HN shares a toon and a ship. The percentages got worse the more runs added in. At 15X it was a whopping 6% to 8% average shard drop rate for an entire month.

Sure there was days we would do a run and get 4 out of 5 but there was many more where we would 1 or none. Thats what I dont get about the people defending this supposed 30% or 1/3 analysis done years ago or even 6 months. With a tap of a button CG can change the rng to drop less shards per run whenever they want to. So any report that hasnt been done in the last couple of months since the reduced shard rate threads have started popping up is out of date and therefore void.
  • The raid appears to be worse broken in lowers tiers..offense appears to be non existent as well RNG is increasingly binding. Feels like opposite effect of what you set out for? Worse even. All of these upgrades seem like you have broken something.
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    The raid appears to be worse broken in lowers tiers..offense appears to be non existent as well RNG is increasingly binding. Feels like opposite effect of what you set out for? Worse even. All of these upgrades seem like you have broken something.

Posting on multiple threads the exact same message results in nothing. We are a 70 mil GP guild and completed tier 4 in 4 hours with 5 members practically soloing it. Tier 5 was decidedly harder taking 3 days to clear, but less than 15 members participated. We did not appear to have broken raids, they worked perfectly for our level. Hope to be on Tier 6 by end of Oct.