Chewie Legendary Event Difficulty [MERGE]

Replies

• For real, i threw my best mods with 110-130 secondary speed mods on them and i still dont go first, lol.
  • Really shouldn’t be surprised that they tuned it this high. Unreal how out of touch they are with their customer base.
  • I am legitimately angry about this. I mostly laugh at people that get angry with changes made to this game and think the negative reaction to the zombie rework was way overblown.

But this event is just stupid. There’s absolutely no reason to have the speed and damage calibrated like it is. It’s absurd and makes me feel like it’s pointless to even try to anything more to get 7* Chewie. There is no incentive to even bother. My squad that I listed only got 1* on tier 5 and that’s ridiculous.

Forget (censored for TV) this event. I hate it. It’s awful.
  • Threads like this won't bring any change. Use some grammar and express yourself in a way that is more legible and you may get noticed. You literally don't even have a topic
  • G12 Boba here gets decimated! G11 IG-88, that guy has the smallest HP in the game! He is g11 and looks like he's g8... G10 cad bane, g9 Greedo and g9 zam and I can't even beat tier 6...
  • Yeah plot twist, my g11s can’t clear T6. You need bossk at g12, end of story. That may as well be the recommendation. Excellent work CG

I can assure you, G12+3 Bossk is not helping me too much. Need perfect rng on top as well.
  • I agree, it's ridiculous. At this rate the next Legendary will require 5 toons released the week before at G12+Zeta to pass Tier 1...
  • Guys don't worry in a year or two they will do what they did with Sith raid and reduce HP for all stages of the event.

And if you want JK Luke start collecting those G15 pieces now.
  • MikeDau5
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    @Enribellkenobi THANKS FOR THE TIP!
    I just finished tier 6 first try with Boba (L-G12), IG-88(G11), Dengar(G8), Zam (G8) and Cad Bane (G8) all 7*.

Tier 5 took me about 20-25 minutes because I didn't know who to target first (I won by targeting lando first somehow).

The real trick? With boba lead, execute Chewbacca on the first turn and make sure you crit! With a G12 boba, I crit for 50k on tier 6 and chewie was almost done. Once chewie is gone, Han can be stunned and the rest is a piece of cake.

EDIT: Piece of cake for me meant managing my revives properly between finishing off leia, lando and R2 because Boba and IG were the only ones left alive when han died and IG died before I finished off leia.
  • For the first, and now most certainly the only time, I paid money to max out my Bossk in hopes of getting Chewie. Lol. I’ll never do that again in anticipation of an event. Well played, CG, but fool me once...

This is not cool or fun. I can’t even unlock him at 5*.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • MikeDau5 wrote: »
    @Enribellkenobi THANKS FOR THE TIP!
    I just finished tier 6 first try with Boba (L-G12), IG-88(G11), Dengar(G8), Zam (G8) and Cad Bane (G8) all 7*.

Tier 5 took me about 20-25 minutes because I didn't know who to target first (I won by targeting lando first somehow).

The real trick? With boba lead, execute Chewbacca on the first turn and make sure you crit! With a G12 boba, I crit for 50k on tier 6 and chewie was almost done. Once chewie is gone, Han can be stunned and the rest is a piece of cake.

Yea....my problem is an undergeared Boba I think! It’s fine, I’ll get him Gold Rings and try next time
  • But when I read the title I immediately understood that the topic was the ridiculous impossible legendary Chewbacca event
  • Whocares1
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Tier 7 is insane. Og bounty hunters will not work there even with amazing mods
    Post edited by Whocares1 on
  • Well let’s start with the good....

Look:
    Cinematics are fun. Plot jokes between Han, chewie and the rest of the rebels are fun. Overall well designed I must say.

Gameplay...yup....
    Tiers 1-4: Tuned properly. It has the feel of the legendaries that we’ve come to know and love. Meet the character requirements, the star level and reasonably gear up the toons. No complaints.

Tier 5: Well this escalated quickly. Up until this point I was running Bossk lead (G9), with Boba (G11), Zam (G9), IG88 (G11) and Greedo (G9). All with above average mods taking their speeds at least +75 each. It didn’t go well. This tier has the souped up speed of mythic tiers and the zeta abilities of each character you’re facing against. Without Bossk’s zeta you can’t use his lead otherwise you get annihilated before taking anyone down. With that lead zeta, some RNG, and picking off Lando and Chewie quickly you’ll unlock our furry hero. Way overtuned if you ask me. You shouldn’t need zeta’s, G11 and souped up mods just to unlock Chewie.

Tier 6: Don’t have Bossk at 6* so had to experiment with different leads. None made a difference. I got slaughtered before I took a single turn. Might be able to complete it this time but I doubt it. I need to gear up all my BH, to at least G11, give them arena mods, and invest in some zetas. Again too overtuned. There’s no reason why with my current roster that I can’t even get a turn on this tier.

Tier 7: Knowing CG, it’s twice as hard as the last tier. Won’t be doing this one for a couple months.

Final Judgement: meh...

I’m happy they brought out a legendary event again. The cinematics and design is very well done. Kudos Caps! However the difficulty is too much. The community called it. Without the new BH that aren’t even farmable yet, this requires fully maxed out teams to get Chewy at 7*. There’s no reason you need Zetas, G11 and arena mods just to unlock him. That’s not how legendsries worked before. They were built so that everyone could unlock the character while those with fine tuned rosters could maximize the star level. You guys keep overshooting the difficulty mark. Cmon devs, remember how things worked before. Learn from this for the next legendary.
  • Grrrr wrote: »
    Hate to be devils advocate but is anyone really that surprised with the requirements?

The old legendary events were around before It was possible to get a character to G12. G12+ pieces add as much power as moving a character to G12.

I have a feeling there will be plenty of folks who seven star him this time around (but only those with a full G12+ BH squad and a few that get by with G12 teams because of great rng).

For the final tier I get where you are coming from. For the earlier couple of tiers, G12 shouldn't enter into the equation.

G7-8 for the 5* would be appropriate, G9-10 for 6*, and G11-12 for the 7* would be appropriate AND be an increase in difficulty over previous legendaries.
  • My BHs aren't great so I didn't have high hopes...But the mood swing from IG-88 one-shotting the entire of the first two levels, to getting my butt comprehensively handed to me on a plate by Tier 5, was quite dramatic!
  • I've got a 6* as well, but this is really unfortunate. I wouldn't call it too much of a difficult challenge as opposed to losing a character to the 3 shot combo turn one because han shoots first really sucks.
  • I used Boba Lead G12 + Zeta, 88 G11 full Omega, Greedo, Dengar, Bane all G10 and full Omega. All of them had my PVP mods and were between 200 and 250 speed...
    They wiped the floor with my squad at Tier 5, everybody dead after 2 turns...
  • DarkSouls
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    with that squad I was able to get to tier 7, then on tier 7 when it is my first turn, I'm with 2 or 3 heroes left :smiley:03skbt1lavwi.png
  • OG Bounty Hunters team with 272 speed GS11 being one shot by Rebels preloaded turn meter. Unfair, unwise, bad decision complete cash grab for new bounty hunters and whales. This is an all time new low for Cash Grab. That’s my opinion after playing 10 times with various OH bounty hunter leads and mod sets. This can’t be done without Bossk or Embo or Aurra. And garuntee that new Bespin Han is required for Jedi Luke.
  • Hahahaha. What else could it be?
  • That’s not how legendaries have worked in the past. People would be able to unlock at 5* no problem. The challenge came in the 7* fights. That’s where the difficulty should be. Requiring multiple zetas, G12+, god mods and the new BH isn’t the right way. But call me old school i guess.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The thing is, Chewy at seven star seems to be assuming you have the best mods in game, the best paid for BH in game and also have been farming the HERIOC sith raid for so long you have your Best BH in G12.5

Who thought this was a good idea. xD
  • You do realize the next legendary will require chewie....
  • OG Bounty Hunters team with 272 speed GS11 being one shot by Rebels preloaded turn meter. Unfair, unwise, bad decision complete cash grab for new bounty hunters and whales. This is an all time new low for Cash Grab. That’s my opinion after playing 10 times with various OH bounty hunter leads and mod sets. This can’t be done without Bossk or Embo or Aurra. And garuntee that new Bespin Han is required for Jedi Luke.

Bossk g12 lead + double zetas = useless. What else ?
  • ctyc123
    328 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Gorem wrote: »
    The thing is, Chewy at seven star seems to be assuming you have the best mods in game, the best paid for BH in game and also have been farming the HERIOC sith raid for so long you have your Best BH in G12.5

Who thought this was a good idea. xD

The business development team of course. The financial year is ending and the company hasn't met its target.

Open your wallets, you minions!!!