[Mega] An Ancient Journey of Redemption

Replies

  • No_Try
    3771 posts Member
    therev71 wrote: »
    If I didnt get burned on the 3 packs I opened (Nest, Bastilla, Bossk) I got each pack with 699 shards. each one was 5 crystals. Ill save my crystals for refreshes and while Im on the topic of refreshes, why is it that I can save energy all day long, have 160 energy, spend it on 10 sims and get not 1 single shard. Theres a reason why ill stay f2p because of things like this where they want you the spend money to farm.

    Wow 699 shards for 5 crystals, that's a steal, I want that pack too!
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

    There were no double drops for Rey. There were no double drops for Luke.

    Where's this revisionist history coming from?

    actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.

    Okay, now show me the double drops for Luke and then the claim they “always” do it will be true.

    Thrawn’s a legendary, so that’s not applicable. But even if it was, then it’s cherrypicking when you consider Chimaera, Palpatine, Yoda, Chewbacca, BB-8, and R2 didn’t have double drops. Congrats on finding the one bit of data that supports your claim and ignoring all the data that doesn’t. Report to Congress in January and take your seat.

    I didn’t say they always do it. But they have done it in the past for RJT and other characters for legendary events. You said that they never did so I was showing you that you were wrong. Don’t be salty because of it.
    And for Luke they may not have done double drops but they did release a very affordable and reasonable pack for each required character instead of bundling them together and charging more money. A cash grab.
    The whole idea is that with each new event the cash grab is getting worse and worse. They’re going to keep pushing their limits on how much they can get each event but in doing so are losing more and more players and as a result, customers, in doing so. Just pointing out the obvious
  • HYoda needs to be taken out of the lineup. He's awesome but should be replaced by Ezra, Bindo (zeta resurrection), or Thrawn.

    I'm running a max Revan with Bastila, GK, GMYoda, and Thrawn. I fell only two spots last I checked. It's been 19hrs.

    I'm sure someone will find a better composition soon enough, but for sure HYoda is a detriment on defense.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3039 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Sigh..... :(

    dp5i41krzunr.png


    Snicker.. B)

    zq65r8u2q2****.png

    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Sigh..... :(

    dp5i41krzunr.png


    Snicker.. B)

    p4f5ar3cb4op.png

    Treat yo self to something better! I got them to 5* (as was my plan) and now I’m just chilling. Waiting till the next time. This is the first journey/legendary I missed since palp’s first time around.

  • Sigh..... :(

    dp5i41krzunr.png


    Snicker.. B)

    p4f5ar3cb4op.png

    Treat yo self to something better! I got them to 5* (as was my plan) and now I’m just chilling. Waiting till the next time. This is the first journey/legendary I missed since palp’s first time around.

    need to finish my Bastila, and JTR, and RT. Then I can focus on them
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Honest feedback:

    I was prepared to spend for Revan but it’s simply way too soon and feels greedy.

    I have been farming all old republic since they hit the table and I’m not even close.

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    I won’t buy the packs because Revan is completely out of reach.

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    Sure you have to make money and I accept that but £400 and up for a single toon is ridiculous.

    I can buy 10 PlayStation games for that.

    One more time for the people in the back :)
  • Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

    There were no double drops for Rey. There were no double drops for Luke.

    Where's this revisionist history coming from?

    actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.

    Okay, now show me the double drops for Luke and then the claim they “always” do it will be true.

    Thrawn’s a legendary, so that’s not applicable. But even if it was, then it’s cherrypicking when you consider Chimaera, Palpatine, Yoda, Chewbacca, BB-8, and R2 didn’t have double drops. Congrats on finding the one bit of data that supports your claim and ignoring all the data that doesn’t. Report to Congress in January and take your seat.

    I didn’t say they always do it.
    Check the start of this conversation that you jumped into, guy. You didn't say it, the guy I quoted did. Don't jump into the middle of a conversation and then claim victory because you didn't say what the original person said.

    The original post said they do double drops for every other event. The fact of the matter is that double drops is the exception to the rule, rather than the rule itself. If you want to argue semantics that you didn't say it was, then I don't care because that's not what we're talking about. Don't try and change the parameters of the discussion just because you don't like that those parameters mean you're wrong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

    There were no double drops for Rey. There were no double drops for Luke.

    Where's this revisionist history coming from?

    actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.

    Okay, now show me the double drops for Luke and then the claim they “always” do it will be true.

    Thrawn’s a legendary, so that’s not applicable. But even if it was, then it’s cherrypicking when you consider Chimaera, Palpatine, Yoda, Chewbacca, BB-8, and R2 didn’t have double drops. Congrats on finding the one bit of data that supports your claim and ignoring all the data that doesn’t. Report to Congress in January and take your seat.

    I didn’t say they always do it.
    Check the start of this conversation that you jumped into, guy. You didn't say it, the guy I quoted did. Don't jump into the middle of a conversation and then claim victory because you didn't say what the original person said.

    The original post said they do double drops for every other event. The fact of the matter is that double drops is the exception to the rule, rather than the rule itself. If you want to argue semantics that you didn't say it was, then I don't care because that's not what we're talking about. Don't try and change the parameters of the discussion just because you don't like that those parameters mean you're wrong.


    Is someone else using your forum account? The way you’re acting and responding right now is completely out of character for you.

    Bottom line Nic is that in the past they have utilized double drops in events like this to help with farming requirements that may have deterred some spending, and also reward those who focused on the farming just enough this time to get the character for free. Thereby creating good will next time around for a new toon and having those that got a free toon last time be more inclined to spend on the next one. Not to mention it creates good will with the whole community.

    No it hasn’t been every single event. But in every single event we’ve seen either double drops, special node farms for required toons, single toon bundle packs at reasonable costs, etc. This time around there was nothing. There was an unreasonably short farm time for 3 of the 5 required toons to have them all to 7* in just about 3 weeks. Especially given their farming locations and utility outside of other modes. It was a blatant cash grab. And anyone saying “assets allocation or resource management” is dead wrong. I’ve been farming the KOTR since they became farmable with refreshes each day and I’m nowhere close to getting Revan. All because I refused to pay...that’s not ok
  • evoluza
    2285 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mab77 wrote: »
    I for one would have paid the $70 for the packs if it would of put me in range to get Revan. Sad part is if you have done Double Drops, like you have for every other event, it would have put me there. This will be the first legendary/heroic character I wont get the first time around, in my 3 years of playing. It seems to me you guys are leaving money on the table.

    There were no double drops for Rey. There were no double drops for Luke.

    Where's this revisionist history coming from?

    actually there were. That’s where the factual history is coming from.

    Okay, now show me the double drops for Luke and then the claim they “always” do it will be true.

    Thrawn’s a legendary, so that’s not applicable. But even if it was, then it’s cherrypicking when you consider Chimaera, Palpatine, Yoda, Chewbacca, BB-8, and R2 didn’t have double drops. Congrats on finding the one bit of data that supports your claim and ignoring all the data that doesn’t. Report to Congress in January and take your seat.

    I didn’t say they always do it.
    Check the start of this conversation that you jumped into, guy. You didn't say it, the guy I quoted did. Don't jump into the middle of a conversation and then claim victory because you didn't say what the original person said.

    The original post said they do double drops for every other event. The fact of the matter is that double drops is the exception to the rule, rather than the rule itself. If you want to argue semantics that you didn't say it was, then I don't care because that's not what we're talking about. Don't try and change the parameters of the discussion just because you don't like that those parameters mean you're wrong.

    Just jumping in your conversation to tell you that we got double drops for "every" event that required "new characters". Cls didnt need new characters, they where in game since forever.
  • Does anybody remember what Director Krenic cost when he came out? Want to talk about outrageous price?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.

    I've read this several times and I'm not sure why you replied to my post in particular. You didn't respond to either of my points/questions on Old Republic gearing (G7/G8 should be fine, this doesn't seem to be a gate for Revan) or the which release cadence was broken.

    I agree that the shard farming/purchasing is unprecedentedly prohibitive. So I think we're in agreement?
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.

    I've read this several times and I'm not sure why you replied to my post in particular. You didn't respond to either of my points/questions on Old Republic gearing (G7/G8 should be fine, this doesn't seem to be a gate for Revan) or the which release cadence was broken.

    I agree that the shard farming/purchasing is unprecedentedly prohibitive. So I think we're in agreement?

    We are in agreement. And I was answering your question about cadence. The cadence is all about time between release of a legendary/hero toon and their required characters release to farmable locations. They gave us 12 days to farm 3 OR characters to 7* before announcing Revan and another week until his event began. That’s waaaaay too short of a time frame.

    I didn’t mention gearing because the requirement for gear lines up with the other hero journeys for CLS and JTR.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.

    I've read this several times and I'm not sure why you replied to my post in particular. You didn't respond to either of my points/questions on Old Republic gearing (G7/G8 should be fine, this doesn't seem to be a gate for Revan) or the which release cadence was broken.

    I agree that the shard farming/purchasing is unprecedentedly prohibitive. So I think we're in agreement?

    We are in agreement. And I was answering your question about cadence. The cadence is all about time between release of a legendary/hero toon and their required characters release to farmable locations. They gave us 12 days to farm 3 OR characters to 7* before announcing Revan and another week until his event began. That’s waaaaay too short of a time frame.

    I didn’t mention gearing because the requirement for gear lines up with the other hero journeys for CLS and JTR.

    I get that it's too short of a time frame. But they've never made any statement about new event timing or cadence that I'm aware of. I wish we had more time but I still don't know that they've "broken [their] own cadence for release" as was claimed in the post I replied to. If they have I'd like to see where they have previously stated what the expected cadence should be. That was my question. Not, did they give us enough time.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.

    I've read this several times and I'm not sure why you replied to my post in particular. You didn't respond to either of my points/questions on Old Republic gearing (G7/G8 should be fine, this doesn't seem to be a gate for Revan) or the which release cadence was broken.

    I agree that the shard farming/purchasing is unprecedentedly prohibitive. So I think we're in agreement?

    We are in agreement. And I was answering your question about cadence. The cadence is all about time between release of a legendary/hero toon and their required characters release to farmable locations. They gave us 12 days to farm 3 OR characters to 7* before announcing Revan and another week until his event began. That’s waaaaay too short of a time frame.

    I didn’t mention gearing because the requirement for gear lines up with the other hero journeys for CLS and JTR.

    I get that it's too short of a time frame. But they've never made any statement about new event timing or cadence that I'm aware of. I wish we had more time but I still don't know that they've "broken [their] own cadence for release" as was claimed in the post I replied to. If they have I'd like to see where they have previously stated what the expected cadence should be. That was my question. Not, did they give us enough time.

    Well the time between releases is a part of their cadence. They try to never explicitly say anything because they don’t want to be caught blatantly lying when things change. We just go with how it’s been in the past.

    And this is more of a shot in the dark but maybe people are also referring to how we got Chewy, had to focus farming gear for our BH to be able to unlock/max star him and rather than get a marquee to give us time to recover our resources, they dropped a completely unrelated Hero’s Journey that required 7* OR characters that were only farmable a month by the time the event ends. They’ve never done that before except with related legendary characters for a second pass before their required Hero Journey. (R2 with CLS and BB8 for RJT)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Honest feedback:

    ...

    That’s before we get into gearing them.

    ....

    You’ve broken your own cadence for release and I think it’s a real shame.

    ...

    I agree with most of what you've said. Including that £400 is way too much for anything in this game.

    However, I'm not sure what your point on gear is. This event is on the easier side for gear and you could have brought all 5 to gear 11 the day they were released. Plenty of time to get them all to G8. Gear simply doesn't seem like a gate to this event.

    And I'm not sure which cadence they've broken. Can you elaborate on this?

    When they release characters as big as this, they’ve alllowed enough time between the start of their event and when the required rooms become farmable in nodes or stores (aside from crystal purchases). That time allowed dolphins, guppies and F2P who aggressively farmed, saved crystals at the expense of other areas, etc. to unlock the new legendary/hero.

    This time though, they took resource management out of it, and raised the spending threshold from something like the $30 I spent on RJT (vet bundle pack and $15-$20 for CLS (Old Ben pack and crystals for refreshes).

    In each one I had allocated my resources mostly well, but was able to close the gap from my mistakes with a reasonable purchase. Still in the grand scheme of things, it may have been a tad price for two toons (and their respective minions), but it was still very reasonable.

    This time? Well look at how many of those players I mentioned above actually unlock Revan without several months worth of crystal stashing (50k!!!) or shelled out close to $400 for Revan. That’s a steep jump and one I hope CG rectifies personally. I mean even with the massive gear jump with the chewy legendary I still unlocked him at 5* which is fine. Give the whales who heavily invested in the new BH something to maximize in all aspects of the game while I at least get to work on gearing him, using him and enjoying some utility with him before I max him out a few months after the release.

    I've read this several times and I'm not sure why you replied to my post in particular. You didn't respond to either of my points/questions on Old Republic gearing (G7/G8 should be fine, this doesn't seem to be a gate for Revan) or the which release cadence was broken.

    I agree that the shard farming/purchasing is unprecedentedly prohibitive. So I think we're in agreement?

    We are in agreement. And I was answering your question about cadence. The cadence is all about time between release of a legendary/hero toon and their required characters release to farmable locations. They gave us 12 days to farm 3 OR characters to 7* before announcing Revan and another week until his event began. That’s waaaaay too short of a time frame.

    I didn’t mention gearing because the requirement for gear lines up with the other hero journeys for CLS and JTR.

    I get that it's too short of a time frame. But they've never made any statement about new event timing or cadence that I'm aware of. I wish we had more time but I still don't know that they've "broken [their] own cadence for release" as was claimed in the post I replied to. If they have I'd like to see where they have previously stated what the expected cadence should be. That was my question. Not, did they give us enough time.

    Well the time between releases is a part of their cadence. They try to never explicitly say anything because they don’t want to be caught blatantly lying when things change. We just go with how it’s been in the past.

    And this is more of a shot in the dark but maybe people are also referring to how we got Chewy, had to focus farming gear for our BH to be able to unlock/max star him and rather than get a marquee to give us time to recover our resources, they dropped a completely unrelated Hero’s Journey that required 7* OR characters that were only farmable a month by the time the event ends. They’ve never done that before except with related legendary characters for a second pass before their required Hero Journey. (R2 with CLS and BB8 for RJT)

    "They've never done it before" and "they broke their own cadence" are two different things. I'm guessing it's more the former than the latter and will move on.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    We saw some reports that Revan’s leadership is not working properly, specifically on Defense. We have investigated if this was the case and determined that Revan’s Leadership is working properly. It may be very hard to notice an extra 10 to 15 speed as it doesn’t equate to much additional Turn Meter when we are talking about characters with 200-300 speed. This little boost of speed will mostly impact who goes first and you can try testing him both in -and out- of the leadership spot with someone else with comparable speed

    We did find a minor issue with the Savior localization that did not mention that Savior cleanses before it heals. We will update the text to match the current in game mechanics in an upcoming update.
    If you think there’s an issue with Revan, please post over at Answer HQ and we will investigate it immediately.

    Cool, because I just beat the robes off a g12+, 3 zeta'd Revan and his Jedi scum teammates.

    #FakeNews.
  • On the topic of not really existing "cadence" for legendaries, maybe some facts are in order?
    The comparable case is RJT with the two vets, and the release "cadence" was actually totally identical to this time with exactly 22 days between last farmable release of needed toons (this time Mission and T3 to Cantina) and legendary event start.
    Of course they added severable variables this time, making it nearly impossible to get Revan f2p. I got RJT f2p because I bought vets shards from store in advance as it was very clear they will be needed months ago and I had nothing else important on the list. But this time:
    - there are 3 more toons to farm from hard nodes, with all the energy and refreshes there were no crystals left to buy from store in advance
    - there weren't double drops which would have saved some crystals
    - the writing was not really as clear months ago as there were several faction releases leaving more options open
    - there was the big Chewie event just before this which was f2p for me alright, but all the gearing of BH distracted me enough
    Bottom line, yes, I got Revan, but I had to invest roughly a vault, which is much less than any marquee toon. I must say though, it feels wrong to be pretty much prepared as it is possible f2p and still coming short despite farming all toons with refreshes since they were farmable.
    Maybe it was my fault not to have enough crystals stashed in preparation, but now that I was forced to greatly accelerate the farming I have no Canina toon at all to farm and only Vandor, Rangetrooper and Embo on hard nodes, so I should be able to build a little crystal stash again.
  • No_Try
    3771 posts Member
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    On the topic of not really existing "cadence" for legendaries, maybe some facts are in order?
    The comparable case is RJT with the two vets, and the release "cadence" was actually totally identical to this time with exactly 22 days between last farmable release of needed toons (this time Mission and T3 to Cantina) and legendary event start.
    Of course they added severable variables this time, making it nearly impossible to get Revan f2p. I got RJT f2p because I bought vets shards from store in advance as it was very clear they will be needed months ago and I had nothing else important on the list. But this time:
    - there are 3 more toons to farm from hard nodes, with all the energy and refreshes there were no crystals left to buy from store in advance
    - there weren't double drops which would have saved some crystals
    - the writing was not really as clear months ago as there were several faction releases leaving more options open
    - there was the big Chewie event just before this which was f2p for me alright, but all the gearing of BH distracted me enough
    Bottom line, yes, I got Revan, but I had to invest roughly a vault, which is much less than any marquee toon. I must say though, it feels wrong to be pretty much prepared as it is possible f2p and still coming short despite farming all toons with refreshes since they were farmable.
    Maybe it was my fault not to have enough crystals stashed in preparation, but now that I was forced to greatly accelerate the farming I have no Canina toon at all to farm and only Vandor, Rangetrooper and Embo on hard nodes, so I should be able to build a little crystal stash again.

    As long as it's not a CG announced cadence, it holds no water as they don't have to abide by either the dates or properties of the events.
  • Doitsuyama wrote: »
    On the topic of not really existing "cadence" for legendaries, maybe some facts are in order?
    The comparable case is RJT with the two vets, and the release "cadence" was actually totally identical to this time with exactly 22 days between last farmable release of needed toons (this time Mission and T3 to Cantina) and legendary event start.
    Of course they added severable variables this time, making it nearly impossible to get Revan f2p. I got RJT f2p because I bought vets shards from store in advance as it was very clear they will be needed months ago and I had nothing else important on the list. But this time:
    - there are 3 more toons to farm from hard nodes, with all the energy and refreshes there were no crystals left to buy from store in advance
    - there weren't double drops which would have saved some crystals
    - the writing was not really as clear months ago as there were several faction releases leaving more options open
    - there was the big Chewie event just before this which was f2p for me alright, but all the gearing of BH distracted me enough
    Bottom line, yes, I got Revan, but I had to invest roughly a vault, which is much less than any marquee toon. I must say though, it feels wrong to be pretty much prepared as it is possible f2p and still coming short despite farming all toons with refreshes since they were farmable.
    Maybe it was my fault not to have enough crystals stashed in preparation, but now that I was forced to greatly accelerate the farming I have no Canina toon at all to farm and only Vandor, Rangetrooper and Embo on hard nodes, so I should be able to build a little crystal stash again.

    I think the writing WAS on the wall. And this time they boosted hard note attempts to 8 and halved the node refresh cost. Either way - if you didn't seriously prep or pay then it wasn't going to happen.
    I firmly believe that this was the desired outcome though. The devs likely wanted you to have things to work towards instead of getting all the end game content and then just waiting for more. This time they have made the Revan event last for 4-6 months for most people...
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Doitsuyama wrote: »
    On the topic of not really existing "cadence" for legendaries, maybe some facts are in order?
    The comparable case is RJT with the two vets, and the release "cadence" was actually totally identical to this time with exactly 22 days between last farmable release of needed toons (this time Mission and T3 to Cantina) and legendary event start.
    Of course they added severable variables this time, making it nearly impossible to get Revan f2p. I got RJT f2p because I bought vets shards from store in advance as it was very clear they will be needed months ago and I had nothing else important on the list. But this time:
    - there are 3 more toons to farm from hard nodes, with all the energy and refreshes there were no crystals left to buy from store in advance
    - there weren't double drops which would have saved some crystals
    - the writing was not really as clear months ago as there were several faction releases leaving more options open
    - there was the big Chewie event just before this which was f2p for me alright, but all the gearing of BH distracted me enough
    Bottom line, yes, I got Revan, but I had to invest roughly a vault, which is much less than any marquee toon. I must say though, it feels wrong to be pretty much prepared as it is possible f2p and still coming short despite farming all toons with refreshes since they were farmable.
    Maybe it was my fault not to have enough crystals stashed in preparation, but now that I was forced to greatly accelerate the farming I have no Canina toon at all to farm and only Vandor, Rangetrooper and Embo on hard nodes, so I should be able to build a little crystal stash again.

    I think the writing WAS on the wall. And this time they boosted hard note attempts to 8 and halved the node refresh cost. Either way - if you didn't seriously prep or pay then it wasn't going to happen.
    I firmly believe that this was the desired outcome though. The devs likely wanted you to have things to work towards instead of getting all the end game content and then just waiting for more. This time they have made the Revan event last for 4-6 months for most people...

    I believe this as well. They are stretching the game. We can see this with ships. Is anyone farming Sith fighter before the Bh ships?

    I wouldn’t be surprised if Jedi Revan is required somewhere like CLS was with LSTB.

    Still the requirements for this event was kitten. I’m happy for the players that got him whether they payed or saved. It just makes me fearful of the next journey. Each journey requirements have gotten worse and worse.
  • In regards to the "cost" of revan-he's been the biggest steal in game since audoriums. Saying he costs $300-$500 is incredibly misleading and naive. For that price you get 3-6 toons (depending on starting point). If you started at nothing and packed your way to the whole crew he's still a steal compared to all the marquees etc that have dropped in the last 24 months. Never mind how good some of these toons are. Everyone is happy they had time to farm and gear vet han and chewie for JTR-so they could sit on the bench in obscurity ever since. Revan is awesome but yet we've seen counters from FTP toons. I have certainly been critical of things in the past but i can't be this time. This toon, the faction, release and pricing has all been the best of 2018.
  • Disagree completely. They said they had a hard schedule for releases and that they stick to it. The Chewie event and the Revan event were thrown in there. I can make some guesses such as EA having a horrible quarterly report or the massive failure of their other game. I assume that both of those put EA in panic mode.

    This is hearsay since I havent been able to confirm but this game wasnt rhe only one that had surprise s pop up that required people to shell out money. Once it is all said and done Revan was probably one of the biggest revenue generators CG has had. That being said I imagine Dark Revan will be a surprise drop and probably require legendary toons. Which means people will have to farm the toons for the legendaries and gear them. Then gear the legendaries for what Journey name they want to make up.

    Im happy for the few FTP who managed to get Revan and I cant help but laugh at the ones who shelled out 300+ getting toons then gearing them. All you guys did was show CG just how willing you are to pay ridiculous amounts of money for certain toons.

    Wait until Snokes, Malak, and the whole other slew of mythic toons in SW universe come this way. Hope you are able to take out the 3rd mortgage on your home because now CG knows that even the guppies are willing to take loans out for digital characters.

    Then the whole time they are raking in this money we cant even get stuff fixed in game thats been broke for 6 months or more. Better yet some new worthwhile content that actually adds substance to this game. Amazing the money spent for a game you pretty much sim everything there is to do in 20 mins.

    SMH the people never stop surprising me with how gullible they are.
  • JerrickKharr87
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Disagree completely. They said they had a hard schedule for releases and that they stick to it. The Chewie event and the Revan event were thrown in there. I can make some guesses such as EA having a horrible quarterly report or the massive failure of their other game. I assume that both of those put EA in panic mode.

    This is hearsay since I havent been able to confirm but this game wasnt rhe only one that had surprise s pop up that required people to shell out money. Once it is all said and done Revan was probably one of the biggest revenue generators CG has had. That being said I imagine Dark Revan will be a surprise drop and probably require legendary toons. Which means people will have to farm the toons for the legendaries and gear them. Then gear the legendaries for what Journey name they want to make up.

    Im happy for the few FTP who managed to get Revan and I cant help but laugh at the ones who shelled out 300+ getting toons then gearing them. All you guys did was show CG just how willing you are to pay ridiculous amounts of money for certain toons.

    Wait until Snokes, Malak, and the whole other slew of mythic toons in SW universe come this way. Hope you are able to take out the 3rd mortgage on your home because now CG knows that even the guppies are willing to take loans out for digital characters.

    Then the whole time they are raking in this money we cant even get stuff fixed in game thats been broke for 6 months or more. Better yet some new worthwhile content that actually adds substance to this game. Amazing the money spent for a game you pretty much sim everything there is to do in 20 mins.

    SMH the people never stop surprising me with how gullible they are.

    Post edited by JerrickKharr87 on
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Im happy for the few FTP who managed to get Revan and I cant help but laugh at the ones who shelled out 300+ getting toons then gearing them. All you guys did was show CG just how willing you are to pay ridiculous amounts of money for certain toons...

    Hope you are able to take out the 3rd mortgage on your home because now CG knows that even the guppies are willing to take loans out for digital characters...

    SMH the people never stop surprising me with how gullible they are.
    To the whales and krakens, $500 is chump change, they will never stop paying whatever is necessary, you can’t change that. But they are only a part of the problem...

    Believe it or not, f2p and dolphin players are just as valuable to EA as anyone else, and totally essential to this games success. Players who spend little to no money on this game, are basically working for EA, bringing whales and krakens (the real market for games like this) to the game, for free. And the pricing is adjusted accordingly. Without the Star Wars fans who are too poor to afford Revan being in the game, there would be nobody for the whales/krakens to lord their superiority over, and the investment in characters like Revan would become worthless.

    Which is why we have game changers who try to seem relatable to f2p gamers, complaining about paywalls, like they actually care, and suggesting counters all the time to what you can’t afford. It’s to keep the f2p players playing and to keep them being used to give rich/horribly-addicted-and-about-to-get-divorced Star Wars fans incentive to spend.

    If you don’t like this freemium style of game, the best thing to do, even as a f2p player, is to stop playing them. They would not sustain profitability if the f2p/dolphin players stopped playing. Guaranteed.

  • Furianshi wrote: »
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    Im happy for the few FTP who managed to get Revan and I cant help but laugh at the ones who shelled out 300+ getting toons then gearing them. All you guys did was show CG just how willing you are to pay ridiculous amounts of money for certain toons...

    Hope you are able to take out the 3rd mortgage on your home because now CG knows that even the guppies are willing to take loans out for digital characters...

    SMH the people never stop surprising me with how gullible they are.
    To the whales and krakens, $500 is chump change, they will never stop paying whatever is necessary, you can’t change that. But they are only a part of the problem...

    Believe it or not, f2p and dolphin players are just as valuable to EA as anyone else, and totally essential to this games success. Players who spend little to no money on this game, are basically working for EA, bringing whales and krakens (the real market for games like this) to the game, for free. And the pricing is adjusted accordingly. Without the Star Wars fans who are too poor to afford Revan being in the game, there would be nobody for the whales/krakens to lord their superiority over, and the investment in characters like Revan would become worthless.

    Which is why we have game changers who try to seem relatable to f2p gamers, complaining about paywalls, like they actually care, and suggesting counters all the time to what you can’t afford. It’s to keep the f2p players playing and to keep them being used to give rich/horribly-addicted-and-about-to-get-divorced Star Wars fans incentive to spend.

    If you don’t like this freemium style of game, the best thing to do, even as a f2p player, is to stop playing them. They would not sustain profitability if the f2p/dolphin players stopped playing. Guaranteed.

    Your right tho. SuperCell and Clash one of the highest grossing games stated in a report that the largest part of their income comes from millions making a $20 purchase here and there. The whales and krakens only made up about 5% of their gross game income.

    It is the same with this game and every other game. The whales are allowed to think they are what keeps the lights on and the game running which couldn't be further from the truth. This is across the whole freemium game community. SC wasnt the only one to release reports about the biggest majority's of their income is from the 99% and not the 1%. The only reason the myth is allowed to continue is so whales and krakens can feel superior in some way.
Sign In or Register to comment.