Happiness/Anger aside...where's the Revan kit reveal?

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think it would be hilarious if revan turns out to be just ok. After all, who's fault is it if you bought a character without seeing the kit first?

And I really think the way they handled this release is disgraceful and people should show it by not buying. But with that said, if you buy without seeing the kit, you only have yourself to blame if you have regrets.

I don't think he'll completely dominate traya either considering 90% of people don't have traya and they still want people to spend to get hstr teams up there.

Then they shouldnt have released chewy. Because if you got him and your roster has some depth ... you can get a few teams that have potential to beat traya pretty easily.

Your issue is defense ai... not walking past a traya lead
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I think it would be hilarious if revan turns out to be just ok. After all, who's fault is it if you bought a character without seeing the kit first?

And I really think the way they handled this release is disgraceful and people should show it by not buying. But with that said, if you buy without seeing the kit, you only have yourself to blame if you have regrets.

I don't think he'll completely dominate traya either considering 90% of people don't have traya and they still want people to spend to get hstr teams up there.

Then they shouldnt have released chewy. Because if you got him and your roster has some depth ... you can get a few teams that have potential to beat traya pretty easily.

Chewie can beat traya lead on offense but so can ep lead. I use ep lead because I don't have chewie or raid han maxed and usually don't have much trouble beating traya leads with ep no traya.

And I'm sure revan will be able to win on offense at the very least. But is being able to win on offense worth spending what revan costs?
  • Options
    If unlocking Revan this run costs 5K, realistically how many will even make it to that unlock.
    If its 5* unlock there will be lots of Revans, I'm F2P and will ve close to having 5* OR by events end, but if 7* the cost imo seems too high and on my shard(July '17) I'd be surprised to see 5 7* Revans.

But we'll see by likely Wednesday what the deal is for the Revan event/unlock.

As for the meta, there are ways to bust the meta if creative, one thing is though where do you focus ressources? To an arena team, raid, TB, TW or teams for events(either mythics or legends or hero) there may be some cross over but often different areas you're looking for different mechanics or goals, which is how it should be.
  • Options
    Hanfirst wrote: »
    If unlocking Revan this run costs 5K, realistically how many will even make it to that unlock.
    If its 5* unlock there will be lots of Revans, I'm F2P and will ve close to having 5* OR by events end, but if 7* the cost imo seems too high and on my shard(July '17) I'd be surprised to see 5 7* Revans.

As for the meta, there are ways to bust the meta if creative, one thing is though where do you focus ressources? To an arena team, raid, TB, TW or teams for events(either mythics or legends or hero) there may be some cross over but often different areas you're looking for different mechanics or goals, which is how it should be.

The devs said he only unlocks at 7* akin to a hero's journey. (Its an ancient journey)
  • Options
    Hanfirst wrote: »

The event starts in 4 days. You will need all 5 old republic toons at 7* g9ish to unlock revan.
  • Options
    Ya I exaggerated a bit about the money. A lil hyperbole never hurt anyone.

Still, some of the comments are missing the real point of this post. It’s not really about traya. It’s about traya and company with g12+. Or just g12+. Traya is the meta. But if it weren’t for g12+, this meta wouldn’t be nearly as dominant. Also, if ur in a shard that doesn’t feature full g12+ squads, you will surely figure this out in time.

That’s why revan is important. He can give ftp a chance to compete in the long run vs. teams with g12+, on the condition that many will get him before they have HSR on farm. He’s not that bad to get, just very difficult the first time around.

And if ur wondering how Jedi + revan can compete with Jedi+revan+g12+?.. There’s a few reasons. First, idk bout you but I’ve never lost on offense bastilla v bastilla. It’s a 1 character at a time fight, and the AI can’t do that. 2, even if revan completely changes the dynamics of Jedi v Jedi, i believe specific fine tuned modding may be able to overcome a speed deficit more easily than in same squad fights of the past. This is because it’s more of a pure damage output fight than players have become accustomed to. Offense, crit Chance, and crit damage close the gap on speed a bit more (comparatively) in Jedi v Jedi fights, especially with the new mod tier. 2 point is Just kind of a hunch tho
  • Options
    Shmeeg wrote: »
    Ya I exaggerated a bit about the money. A lil hyperbole never hurt anyone.

Still, some of the comments are missing the real point of this post. It’s not really about traya. It’s about traya and company with g12+. Or just g12+. Traya is the meta. But if it weren’t for g12+, this meta wouldn’t be nearly as dominant. Also, if ur in a shard that doesn’t feature full g12+ squads, you will surely figure this out in time.

That’s why revan is important. He can give ftp a chance to compete in the long run vs. teams with g12+, on the condition that many will get him before they have HSR on farm. He’s not that bad to get, just very difficult the first time around.

And if ur wondering how Jedi + revan can compete with Jedi+revan+g12+?.. There’s a few reasons. First, idk bout you but I’ve never lost on offense bastilla v bastilla. It’s a 1 character at a time fight, and the AI can’t do that. 2, even if revan completely changes the dynamics of Jedi v Jedi, i believe specific fine tuned modding may be able to overcome a speed deficit more easily than in same squad fights of the past. This is because it’s more of a pure damage output fight than players have become accustomed to. Offense, crit Chance, and crit damage close the gap on speed a bit more (comparatively) in Jedi v Jedi fights, especially with the new mod tier. 2 point is Just kind of a hunch tho

Yeah I don't think getting revan is the ftp option to beating the meta.

1st he's not ftp friendly at all.

2nd even ftp can score well in hstrif you focus. I'm 100% ftp and have a maxed jtr squad with no g12+ and can do about 4 mil or so with it in the raid. I also have ns nearly maxed and can get about 4 mil with them. Bhs, jedi, and chex are currently getting 500k to 600k but they aren't fully geared and I'm still 10 shards away from 7star bastilla. But total I got about 9.5 mil in the last hstr run. That was enough for a 3rd place finish.

Now I recently joined the guild and have a lower gp than most of the guild and am one of the few that doesn't have traya unlocked.

But there is no way I'm going to get revan ftp. It just won't hapoen. At least not the first time. And by the time 6 mo ths rolls around for him to come back, I'll have g12+ since I plan to continue building hstr teams to be more competitive.

So it is far more possible to score well in hstr ftp than to get revan ftp. If anything whales will get him and put g12+ on him but I doubt his kit will make up for lack of gear that much.
  • Options
    If Revan turn to be this OP, by the time he comes back, the arena will be flooded with Revan maxed G12+, or hell even g13 (i dont think so) because we dont know the cadence yet.
    Then you will have to bear your hopes on another release and so on.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Options
    I'm wonder till now cg still not annouce his skill.
    When is the timeline for this?
    It's help player a lot to decide to invest or not.
    Too quite from cg.
  • Options
    3 days to go until the Revan event and still no info on his kit. It would be helpful for a lot us to know if he is worth farming or not. When can we expect any info?
  • Options
    2 days, m’lord
  • Options
    Assuming the packs expire with the end of the event is actually only 1day 22hrs
  • Options
    yea you are right 2 days :worried: ...so maybe we need to complete the event to unlock the hidden kit of Revan :wink:
  • Options
    As per title of this topic, I'd like to start by teaching the whole community that not every name comes out from your german ancestors. Nihilus for istance, is a latin word, and should be pronounced as it follows:
    Neeheeloos

Let's go on the right topic:
    EA/CG way of developing.

I'm currently working in the IT sector for Kinder-Ferrero company, that you all know for its best product Nutella.
    Here in Italy, but since the company is world-wide I can say everywhere in the group, we use to follow an easy milestone procedure whenever developing some IT instrument (of course same criterias are followed each time the company is giving to the market a new edible product).

1) Idea - sometime born by a specific request from the customers, other times, born by an internal consultant.
    2) Development
    3) Internal testing - carried out without giving on the outside any clue of the idea
    4) ONLY IF the point 3 has been 100% completed, User Acceptance Test - in order to understand if restricted slice of customers can find any other issues in the product.
    5) ONLY IF point 4 has been 100% completed, releasing the GO-LIVE.

I don't think this iter (that is pronounced "eethar" as it is another latin word) is applied only for Food-companies.

Here what, as a Customer, I see from the Revan case:
    1) Idea came out from years of customers' requests. It's ok and it was a good decision to eventually providing us the desired product. I'm not whining about its P2P nature as the EA is not an Onlus.
    2) Development - choosing between releasing its Light Side, its external aspect, its KIT...
    3) Testing the KIT - its behaviour when used in Sith Raid, in Arena, its sinergy with other Old Repubblic characters. I shall suppose it was done BEFORE actually giving out any clue of the Revan Journey (I'm referring to the "Road ahead" hint).

Here's the problem. If you're not going to release any KIT, and even if you do it right now, here it's 16th of October, I'm forced to suppose that something between point 3 and 4 has not gone well.
    The completely lack of communication, adding the fact that paying customers (I'm a dolphin that became huge kraken for Revan so once again, I'm not whining about the P2P nature), already paid for a product basing on the thrust they're giving you, I think that your working way should be refined.

I'm hoping you're receveing my feedback as for the Financial one, Warrior from team Istinct gave you on YT platform.

Thank you

• Options
    They will do their mid day update Thursday at 2:15 pm pst and the event will launch at 11pm. 9 hrs is plenty of time to decide if you made the right decision
  • _DM_
    10 posts Member
    Options
    He’s the first character without a kit. Simple
  • Options
    They want all the Krakens to pay before revealing that Revan is as good as Ugnaught :p
  • Wolfbear
    59 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    _DM_ wrote: »
    He’s the first character without a kit. Simple

They will give 3 different kits. Each depending if your swiping the Visa, the Mastercard or the American Express
  • Options
    It’s pretty bad that people will likely have to spend/have spent a lot of cash to have a chance to unlock a character that no one knows anything about. :o
  • Options
    Lolexplosm wrote: »
    It’s pretty bad that people will likely have to spend/have spent a lot of cash to have a chance to unlock a character that no one knows anything about. :o

Well, he needs to be great, thats the idea. PS: I farm.
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Options
    Wolfbear wrote: »
    They will do their mid day update Thursday at 2:15 pm pst and the event will launch at 11pm. 9 hrs is plenty of time to decide if you made the right decision

It is not plenty of time to make decisions on how you invest though. If the kit were revealed last week I might have gotten weekly shipments shards. Might have. I might have gone in on the 699 packs.

But I’m not making an investment decision based off of no information. I’ll just keep on keeping on and wait for next time if this is how it’s going down. They need to address this ASAP because everyone has their hair on fire.
  • Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Chewie can beat traya lead on offense but so can ep lead. I use ep lead because I don't have chewie or raid han maxed and usually don't have much trouble beating traya leads with ep no traya.

And I'm sure revan will be able to win on offense at the very least. But is being able to win on offense worth spending what revan costs?

Depends. How much do you like or want revan. How much disposable income can you afford to and are willing to spend... and how much does winning matter to you?

If you answer those , especially the second one, with wanting to have him. Itsprobably worth it to you.
  • Options
    Would be nice to see the kit. Kinda worried it’s all screwed up or something.
  • Options
    Grimstoned wrote: »
    Would be nice to see the kit. Kinda worried it’s all screwed up or something.

Yeah. He's two days away and we don't know the first thing about him. Kinda weird, especially since (I assume) CG wants to make some money. Hard to justify spending for something we know nothing about.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    I think they are still working on it lol.

Lol! Maybe. I think a week out they are pretty finalized, though.

I'd imagine the event is getting backed up at least a week. They can't not release the kit and still run in 2 days
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

I'd imagine the event is getting backed up at least a week. They can't not release the kit and still run in 2 days

They CAN and I'm sure they will. Money to be had. I'm gonna assume his kit and the game changers videos are coming today in about 5hrs.

I mean, that's sort of how the marquee toons get release. Kit and videos come out usually on a tuesday and the event happens on Thursday.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Options

Lmao, they can if they want to. They will get massive amounts of deserved backlash but as long as the whales are appeased, they don't mind losing a bunch of F2P players.
  • Options
    I mean they could. Any other company wouldn't but.......
  • Options
    If the event goes this week as planned, kit reveal tomorrow or Thursday. Low chance of today but i dont expect it.

People spending on speculation is their problem. I have no need to get revan this round ill target 7* for round 2 in the new year.
This discussion has been closed.