Ally point changes

Prev134
It would still be real nice to add the change of multi sims for turning them in instead of the 250 each time. I know there is a dump that came along with the weekly store tab to do 50-75k at a time, but multi siming for shards seems more beneficial than a couple of omegas

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    thats the point of what they are saying.

in an interview the dev team were talking about how pulling millions from the bronzium is "bad for the economy".

but i think the omegas are better than the shards you would get, or gear you could get.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. They are first creating a forced scarcity relatively speaking to retune the economy and then they intend to add some more things to spend them on although when and on what is not yet known.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Yeah. They are first creating a forced scarcity relatively speaking to retune the economy and then they intend to add some more things to spend them on although when and on what is not yet known.

Hmmm, have lots of experience with Blizzard pulling that garbage in WoW? Sounds so familiar....
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    I agree not wise to increase things to spend points on and then reduce the points we earn.
  • Options
    As an iPhone user, I created a macro with touch assist that allows me to collect ally points really easily. Easy google on how to set it up; I tend to do it whenever I get 100k ally points, and takes 15 minutes or so of occasional tapping.
  • Options
    Hmm, taking away something to "rework" it and bring it back later? Like the 100 crystals a day pack you could buy that never came back, or the mod sets packs that they took out and never heard about them again, or even the "double crystals bonus" they used to do?
    As a guildy said on discord about this change, how long have the ally points been an issue and they still cant figure it out?

Really doesn't give me much faith when it takes them 2+ years to figure out something they can let us buy to use them up.
    The weekly store was a good thought, but when you only have 1 item you can buy for Ally points per week and you can accumulate more than that amount in a week, it really doesn't help to diminish the amount someone has banked. Thats like basic math here guys. Also, when you have the exact same items for sale 3-4 weeks in a row, people tend to get really bored, really fast. Can you not think of anything else to put in there? Shouldn't be too hard. Again, losing faith that you all have no clue what you're doing.
  • Options
    Absolutely agree to op. The impact on the economy is not a valid argument for not implementing a bronzium multi pull. The only thing it changes is: players dont't feel like test animals when they have to press the "skip animation" and "buy another" button repetetively.

Maybe that's because I'm playing this game from the beginning, but I don't have a lack of omegas. I do have a lack of gear, so the extra shards from the bronzium pulls are much more needed than half an omega ability upgrade.
  • Options
    Ally points work fine a give ok loot. This change is only to take loot away from ppl again.
  • Options
    I certainly don't have an excess of ally points. I spend them on the bronze to get get shards, guess they found one more way to get rid of f2p.
  • Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    I certainly don't have an excess of ally points. I spend them on the bronze to get get shards, guess they found one more way to get rid of f2p.

I hate doing 3 or 4 a day so I let it build for a week then do 20-30k at a time. Most I ever got to was 290k. Took forever to get under 100k again
  • Options
    Thats a terrible move. It was a good way to get offside characters which are nowadays old for platoons (lobot, barriss, etc). Very bad decision.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

in an interview the dev team were talking about how pulling millions from the bronzium is "bad for the economy".

but i think the omegas are better than the shards you would get, or gear you could get.

I just got a full lobot unlock. I would take that instead of 2 omegas every time.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The hidden truth is that bronzium data cards is the “real” way we get shard shop currency.
    They wouldn’t have any excuse not to ad new characters to shops if people got 45+ shards from every 10-15 data cards

Edit: They wouldn’t add multi sim, because then all people would use them, and for some reason they don’t want us to.... I guess?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    After reading the dev update i instandly became convinced that i better continue to hoard those ally points instead of looking for a way to spend them faster.
  • Options
    Typical of CG/EA to take something from us rather then give something to us.

This is why i do not spend money on this game any more and i used to spend quite a bit
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

Creating a forced scarcity?

They added them to all the places we get them when they were used for a game mode to refresh battles. They pulled the game mode but not the currency. This flooded the market with coins.

They want to introduce some value to spending them allowing the economy to balance and then increase the usage at a controlled pace. It makes economic sense and is a good plan. If they dodnt do this they would never be able to give us anything too useful for ally points.

If everyone can buy something quick and without hesitation it actually devalues that item, they want to avoid that.

This is the same strategy used for the shard shop. Why do you think toons where introduced there for a while and then the Thrawn shard shop panic farm. Now we have gear. They couldn't have put gear in there right away with all the savings some of us veterans had.
  • Options
    stop taking away everything .... Let those Ally points. I need them for the shard shop ....
    Or exchange them if you want. but not like this.: take it away and wait for the change in nobody knows when !!!!
    Give back the Ally points !!!!! until you have a real good idea (I think Revan will be back way before that :p )
  • Options
    I am sure, they are taking Ally Point away to make Grievous more diffuclt to Get. That's all. the CB talked again ....
  • Options
    Again I’m gonna take a wait and see approach

Eats pop corn 😁
  • Options
    I agree the cost of the ally point buy from the weekly store doesnt seem to beat the bronze pulls, in the past week ive got a 50, 80 and some 10/25 shard pulls funding my shard shop.

I do wish theyd create a "silverium"
    Pulls would cost more but you wouldnt get garbage like training droids, non-purple/gold gear and any credits can be much higher amounts.
    Maybe even remove all the 1* toons or have a different set of toons.

Training droids for example i have so many saved up I need roughly 120M to use them all up.

Alternatively would be nice if there was a way to sell/trade that garbage gear/droids.
    Set it so can only sell gear if you have over 1K and training droids if over 2K of that lvl.
  • Options

I do the exact same thing. Getting character shards for shard shop is by far more valuable than getting a few omegas from the weekly store imo, since I’m in constant need of gear (yes I need Omegas too but for the price of 50000 for two omegas you could get a lot of character shards).

But regardless of whatever other options they chose to include to make it easier to spend large amounts of ally points, it is not in itself an argument for reducing the inflow of ally points.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stokat wrote: »

I do the exact same thing. Getting character shards for shard shop is by far more valuable than getting a few omegas from the weekly store imo, since I’m in constant need of gear (yes I need Omegas too but for the price of 50000 for two omegas you could get a lot of character shards).

But regardless of whatever other options they chose to include to make it easier to spend large amounts of ally points, it is not in itself an argument for reducing the inflow of ally points.

That's true, if they didnt they could just make the final goal of this process cost more to balance that out. Either way it's a wash.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I just wait for the message:
    „Okay, Players have stopped spending Ally points and are hoarding them, waiting for a new feature. This was not our intent. In 1 day we will wipe all Ally points! In their stead, you will be able to farm ylla points in the future starting at 0 points and earning 50% less than before“

- you heard it here first ;-p
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Cossin wrote: »
    „Okay, Players have stopped spending Ally points and are hoarding them, waiting for a new feature. This was not our intent. In 1 day we will wipe all Ally points! In their stead, you will be able to farm ylla points in the future starting at 0 points and earning 50% less than before“

That's far too believable to be funny. The exact same thing happened to the stores - "We didn't add anything for a while, which resulted in players having piles of currency. Better kill the stores completely."
  • Options
    Whelp. No reason to do the TAC challenge anymore. The ally points were the only thing of use.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

They were able to sweeten the pot enough to get players to burn store currency for shard shop currency to get shards.... what we are seeing here is the slow start to the same process.
  • Options

They were able to sweeten the pot enough to get players to burn store currency for shard shop currency to get shards.... what we are seeing here is the slow start to the same process.

I do fully understand what you stated before and why they are doing what they are doing. The last couple of "topical events" leaves me doubting their grand schemes and thorough planning ahead. With the info given, why should I buy anything at the moment, if I probably can buy awesome stuff en masse in like 6 months?
  • Options

Only if you're trying to get omegas. If you need gear, or shard shop currency for gear, then it's a "convenient" way to get to the 7th inning stretch.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I do fully understand what you stated before and why they are doing what they are doing. The last couple of "topical events" leaves me doubting their grand schemes and thorough planning ahead. With the info given, why should I buy anything at the moment, if I probably can buy awesome stuff en masse in like 6 months?

Very true, and that is always a decent plan, it's all about how they want to make it work. We haven't seen the meat of it yet and may see some really good things come in that will draw you in, and the end goal may be a year down the road, its doubtful anyone will hold out that long thinking it will be better to have a million points then when you could get something like g12 salvage "now". Like I said they seemed to make it work for the shard shop, so who knows how they will make it work here.