Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Shaunyvee wrote: »
    By the sounds of what I'm reading here, that's gonna happen anyway?

We don’t know anything. Somebody is probably going to get screwed based on how they do matchups. It’s all speculation about who at this point. It’s absolitely essential they account for mods if they want even matchups.

My prediction is they account for level/tier of mods but not the speed on them, so people with huge speed mods end up with the advantage in matchmaking. Again, we don’t know anything though.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Lol people already have full mod capacity. Where are you putting all these removed mods and this game uses a feature that locks your characters for events like this. A large percentage of this thread seem to not know this.

You probably shouldn’t criticize people without reading what they are talking about first...

Several post about dropping mods to lower gp to try and gain an advantage. Nothing wrong with pointing out bad ideas to reduce the worries of many players.Pretty sure this and my statement before are just even if you took it personally.

The idea is to drop mods on characters you won’t use in battle to lower your GP. The ones that only have mods to increase TB GP or for required events. You pointed out that the game locks your characters at the point it calculates GP. That’s irrelevant, because those characters aren’t being used anyway.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Lol people already have full mod capacity. Where are you putting all these removed mods and this game uses a feature that locks your characters for events like this. A large percentage of this thread seem to not know this.

You probably shouldn’t criticize people without reading what they are talking about first...

Several post about dropping mods to lower gp to try and gain an advantage. Nothing wrong with pointing out bad ideas to reduce the worries of many players.Pretty sure this and my statement before are just even if you took it personally.

The idea is to drop mods on characters you won’t use in battle to lower your GP. The ones that only have mods to increase TB GP or for required events. You pointed out that the game locks your characters at the point it calculates GP. That’s irrelevant, because those characters aren’t being used anyway.

So that still leaves questions. How much room do you have for unplaced mods? Do you have enough credits to remove them all? Is the gp difference significant? IMO this idea of sand bagging is exaggerated and not going to help much. I really only see this as working against all the time spent farming and placing mods. And how will this tactic work for your guild in tb/tw?
    Tl/dr This strategy is not well thought out.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2018

So that still leaves questions. How much room do you have for unplaced mods? Do you have enough credits to remove them all? Is the gp difference significant? IMO this idea of sand bagging is exaggerated and not going to help much. I really only see this as working against all the time spent farming and placing mods. And how will this tactic work for your guild in tb/tw?

You don’t need any room for them. It doesn’t cost credits to remove mods. You can actually sell them to make credits. These are mostly worthless mods remember, just there to boost GP.

Yes, doing it would hurt you in TB, the reason those mods were added to the character to begin with. Some people won’t care about that, either because they will value GA more or because they already are getting max stars in TB.

The point is we shouldn’t have to chose, or be punished for a choice we can’t go back on. How many useless characters do people have at the back of their roster. 30? 50? The difference between 50 level 1 3 Star characters and 50 level 85 7 star G6 characters with mods is what? 300k? That’s a huge GP difference when it will be of no help in GA, assuming we aren’t fighting with 150 characters. People shouldn’t be punished for trying to push up their GP on low end characters to help with TB or just for completions sake.

In the end we don’t even know if this will come into play. But don’t call people out for bad ideas when they are anything but. Raising these concerns will hopefully alert the devs, if they didn’t already, about a potentially negative impact on the game.
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • My concern about this is for the middle of the road GP players. I hope this doesn’t require too many slots for defense or else you either have to choose either pure defense, pure offense, or one strong defense and garbage for the rest and save the rest for offense. Also fighting maybe not whales but dolphins because they might have just bought Revan but don’t have a huge GP because they haven’t whaled out on much else and you might have no counters and then it’s game over.

Oh so nobody thinks I’m complaining I’m one of those people that fall into that category of having Revan that’s not a full time whale.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

You don’t need any room for them. It doesn’t cost credits to remove mods.

imbxoxtkwysc.png

Just sayin
    ;)
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »

imbxoxtkwysc.png

Just sayin
    ;)

Cool. That’s a 92k profit. What are you arguing here? Or are you just quoting me out of context to try and make me look wrong...
  • Any rumour when this is coming?
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    This does not sound good at all. May as well be called " Revans league of arena mods" why do you guys not do a mass balancing rework so we can actually use character's other than Revan in arena. Sure some people use treya but let's face it, if they do it's because they don't have revan or maybe havnt finished their Jedi yet.
    New modes are great and all, but I think people would rather be able to have more choice in arena than facing constant mirror matches.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    This month
  • DarthTraya wrote: »
    Any rumour when this is coming?

I guess in December. I hope this is why the Calendar is late. Maybe they are putting the final touch before they add it... Let's hope...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

imbxoxtkwysc.png

Just sayin
    ;)

Cool. That’s a 92k profit. What are you arguing here? Or are you just quoting me out of context to try and make me look wrong...

Just letting you know it does cost to remove mods. I don’t like people to be misinformed
  • As long as we do not know how it will be matching and even how it will be actually running - arena like, real time PVP, back-toback matches where you fight your opponent's AI and then he fights you and somehow an average score decides who wins - people are just whining in advance as usual.
  • That was forever ago... By the time it gets here who will give a flip? I hope no one plays it, boycott it like solo. And put ships back like it was. I worked two years on my seven star capital ship just to be pushed back to a 5* fleet. Burn in Hades cg
  • Personally I love the grand arena idea. I realize many do not like it. I get their arguments. To each his/her own. However, a simple fix to motivate everyone would be to give stun gun salvage as a guaranteed reward for a win each round. Loser does not get any stun gun salvage. It is by far the biggest hold up for gearing and everyone needs them for every toon. I know carbanti are needed everywhere as well but there are other ways to accumulate those much faster than stun guns. It won't change your revenue stream giving away say 15 salvage per win and it's a sure fire way to motivate everyone to WANT to win. Win 4 grand arena head-to-head battles and you walk away with 50 stun gun salvage? Sign me up! If everyone has a reason to win, the new game mode will be a huge success. Heck this could increase revenues as people start to realize they don't have enough geared tanks or TW/GA specific toons ready to go.
  • CG..... really you push this update right after a phase reset in TB and give no warning whatsoever????!!!!!!
  • SmilinStonee
    195 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Will the gear reward vary over time ? Say from mk5 droid caller to mk 5 furnace to stun guns or cuffs? Would be great if we can choose the gear reward itself if possible.
  • Currently have mk 5 droid callers as possible reward. Anyone have variations of anything different ?
  • Deum_Alisi1
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    Tynnribbe wrote: »
    Don’t like the initial sound of it — sounds like the Grand Whale Arena. But only time will tell.

Why? You meet people on same GP...

You mean like in tw now?

You picked an interesting time to write that. Actually we don't know how tw is -now-. We'll see in a day as the new algo already went into effect.

If it went to effect before last the tw, I can personally attest that it's still broken as hell.
  • High GP with no revan or treya. this is going to be fun
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Was hyped for a short while, looking at it now it looks awfully useless. @CG_SBCrumb Can you confirm that a 2.3millio gp player needs to set 10 on defense and attack with 10 teams?If thats the case than i guess i wont bother with the joke amount of reward.

Are you saying that’s too many? I personally think getting to use my low level teams again would be fun 🤷🏼‍♂️.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    Tynnribbe wrote: »
    Don’t like the initial sound of it — sounds like the Grand Whale Arena. But only time will tell.

Why? You meet people on same GP...

You mean like in tw now?

You picked an interesting time to write that. Actually we don't know how tw is -now-. We'll see in a day as the new algo already went into effect.

If it went to effect before last the tw, I can personally attest that it's still broken as hell.

Yeah it still sucks AND they announced GA is based solely on GP. Never learn ever.
  • I think it sounds fun on the surface. I know trolls are going to troll. Personally I will wait until I actually participate in the event before passing judgement. But hey, look at it this way, now the trolls have something new to complain about. See, something for everyone lol.
  • Neo2551 wrote: »
    LASH_swgoh wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I hope that the devs get creative with Grand Arena and allow for a variety of territories (map zones) that require 1-character, 3-characters, and 6-characters squads (I.e not the standard 5-character squad). I think I first heard CubsFanHan suggest this, and it would create new dynamics within the game and encourage new types of theory-crafting. Just the simple move away from 5-character squads would be interesting.

Worst idea ever. Most players develop 5 toons teams, and toons have been balanced for 5 toons squads.

Imagine you have a single unbeatable toon in own territory with no counter except better mods. Do you want the whole outcome of the war decided by a single toon?

Perhaps not the worst idea ever. They confirmed 3-character squads :)

May the Force be With.
  • Sounds awesome. More things to occupy my time!
  • Am I the only one who is getting sick of PVP crap? I mean seriously. How many different ways do we HAVE to fight other people. Let's think of this logically ... TW is quite possibly the worst addition ever added to this game. Now, you're giving us our own personal TW ... why? WHY??? I get tired of having to fight other people. My satisfaction in a game isn't based on my ability to beat someone else. Add more PVE, since currently there ISN'T any! Get a usability expert for God's sake and actually do some market research.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is getting sick of PVP crap? I mean seriously. How many different ways do we HAVE to fight other people. Let's think of this logically ... TW is quite possibly the worst addition ever added to this game. Now, you're giving us our own personal TW ... why? WHY??? I get tired of having to fight other people. My satisfaction in a game isn't based on my ability to beat someone else. Add more PVE, since currently there ISN'T any! Get a usability expert for God's sake and actually do some market research.

That's like...your opinion...menggghhh.
  • It is ... but also other's. Learn to scan a thread and you'll see I'm not only.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    RussianSKS wrote: »
    It is ... but also other's. Learn to scan a thread and you'll see I'm not only.

Then that's theirs too, I know as many that loves it. Your dislike depends on it being pvp or the matchmaking sucking? If it's the first nothing to do about it. If 2nd, you are right. That's still a pending issue.