Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• This sounds like a reboot of tournaments, which was truly awful.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Entire idea sounds terrible. We already have too much time we need to spend on this game, and this sounds like something terribly unbalanced

What time do "most people" spend on this game

Sim mods energy
    Sim farm energy
    Sim ship energy
    Sim Cantina Energy

(2 min)

Auto assault battles while not paying attention

(2-4 minutes "random chance there is one)

Sim legendarys events once a month ?

Take a 0 in pit or tank raid (30 seconds)
    Or you solo pit 5 min while doing something
    Solo tank is a choice takes 1 hour but your choice.

HSTR raid 5-10 minutes for anything not p4 NS related once a week

TW... place a team or 2 (30 seconds) fight 3 or 4 battles (10 min)

5 Arena Battles (I lose 80% matches to timeouts) but prob not in majority of people (24 min)
    5 ship battles (4 min total for 5 battles) in my shard...

(not counting refresh timer (29 min)

Lol the only thing that takes any real time in the game is the daily arena battles and most people don't even fight the 5 and 5 anymore

The only people who are time strapped are high end guild officers that are officers by choice.

there are a TON of people who think there is actually NOTHING to do lately and are looking for more things to do....

Honesly I don't get the time constraint thing.

It's a worldwide game.....I get some people have lives with time constraints...but like....should the majority of the game suffer with nothing to do cause a few people are busy at X and X time... NOPE.

This gamemode has potential.....and this is coming from someone who will suck at it.
  • Generally I view Grand Arena as a positive development, but when I see "mini TW" I cringe. While I like TW a lot, I loathe the scoring system, which needs to be revised to better account for stalwart defenses and offensive contributions that aren't reflected in "defeating opponent" squad. Very difficult to evaluate participation when no points are awarded for each opponent toon removed from battle.Or GP used, etc...
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    I went from page one and hating this idea to page 11 and thinking this is going to be great....tons of great ideas here for different things (that I"m sure devs already thought of and will be implementing)

I'm excited... and will probably be sad when the event runs once or bi monthly... :(
  • I don't think I've ever been more excited for a game mode. I think this will actually be really fun.
  • Until we face Real Time PVP battles (real time player vs real time player) rather than player vs. AI, this would not be dramatically different to trying to go up in Arena. Note that we have no idea about:
    a. do you see the actual team composition of your opponent so you can PLAN a team at all?
    b. can you decide WHEN to do it or is it fixed 5-10 minutes session where you enter, are automatched and if you could NOT do the session you get a auto loss?
    c. what will be the rewards and would they depend on a GP tiering (e.g. rewards for being GP 3m vastly better than being GP 200k or just marginally better, and would 5 wins vs 5 losses be a difference of a 50% magnitude or 100x magnitude)?

So lets not be critical BEFORE we get the answers and see how it works out.
  • Will this lead to us removing 70% of the mods from our rosters so that we get a better GP match-up?
  • Will this lead to us removing 70% of the mods from our rosters so that we get a better GP match-up?

Not a chance, the cost and hassle is worthless for the couple thousand GP difference,
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Altazarus wrote: »
    Until we face Real Time PVP battles (real time player vs real time player) rather than player vs. AI, this would not be dramatically different to trying to go up in Arena. Note that we have no idea about:

But it's something to do...me personally (and it's one opinion out of a million)...it's just something to do..

I personally am SICK TO DEATH...of waking up in the morning and the only thing to do is sim an omega battle or stupid training droid mats..

that's literally it today...droid training mats...

Where the heck is places of power

At this point I'd take an event for ally points to do bronziums...desperation
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Will this lead to us removing 70% of the mods from our rosters so that we get a better GP match-up?

Won't know till it's released...too many variables.. maybe if you have 3mil GP the power cutoff is 12k

or 2mil GP power level cutoff 10k

bah could go on forever all the different possiblities..

Anyway think about it are you really gonna spend a million credits moving mods to win 200k credits and mk4 carbantis.....

no reason to even worry about stuff like this until we see what the matchup standards and rewards are...
  • @CG_SBCrumb quick question...will guild leadership (or guild in general) be able to track guildies’ performance in grand arena? Arena has ranks (so everyone can see daily performance) and TW is win and lose as a guild so everyone is aware of wins and losses. Just curious as to whether we will be able to see how everyone is doing in this new area. I’m looking forward to it, fwiw. Sounds like fun!
  • High GP but no maxed traya nor Jolee/Revan.

Enjoy never winning.
    Do you already plan in to cheat the system on purpose? I hope (actually believe anyway) that if you do so, you'll just find your roster frozen when the fighting starts and will have to do it without all of your mods! B)
  • I am really looking forward to this one. Its actually got me excited to finish some teams and try things out I cant in TW.
  • @CadoaBane so it will be cheating to remove mods from toons that won't be used anyway? Not seeing your logic sorry. And yes I'm sure it will be like tw where mods are locked at a certain time. Not sure why you seem so smug.
  • Acymetric wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cool concept for those who are interested.

Aslong as there's an option to auto set or just ignore it completely I'm fine with it. I barely do my two battles a day to finish my daily activities. Can't imagine this is going to draw me in.

Can I ask what part of the game you actually play/enjoy?

I enjoy playing with jolee
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Will this lead to us removing 70% of the mods from our rosters so that we get a better GP match-up?
    Do you already plan in to cheat the system on purpose? I hope (actually believe anyway) that if you do so, you'll just find your roster frozen when the fighting starts and will have to do it without all of your mods! B)
    @CadoaBane so it will be cheating to remove mods from toons that won't be used anyway? Not seeing your logic sorry. And yes I'm sure it will be like tw where mods are locked at a certain time. Not sure why you seem so smug.
    Well... if removing 70% of your mods only affects completely unused characters, your roster must be pretty thin ;) . We don't even know yet how many slots we'll have to fill for defence. But besides that, when you intend to get into a "better GP match-up" by weakening your overall roster, you only hope for an advantage over those who don't. If a lot of people start to think the same way, it does cheat the system and will affect the new game mode in a negative way. Weakening characters to benefit is not meant to be part of the game (e.g. the Paper Zombie bug that was taken care of).
  • CadoaBane wrote: »

I don't plan on doing it, it was just a thought. Thanks for your condescending addition to the discussion.
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    People who dislike this are people who are annoyed with a game mode that is two days of work (and coordinating fifty people for officers) to reach a decision that is decided 0.2 seconds after the join phase ends and the matchmaker kicks in. You are matched with a guild that you will either walk all over or get absolutely destroyed by with absolutely no chance of winning. I think there's been maybe one or two actually close TWs since we started.

I'm sure the devs are working really hard on it, and I'm sure people will have fun with it, but I'm not very excited to see my absolutely least favorite part of the game get a sequel.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up for me too. I enjoy the concept of territory wars but that matchmaking mechanic is horrendous. A 55mil gp guild routinely and regularly getting rocked by 80-95 mils with the occasional "balanced" opponent is my experience so far at almost a 7:1 ratio.

Will definitely enjoy territory wars more when that gets fixed. Hopefully, the grand arena will be a bit more balanced. Time will tell.
  • This system seems flawed I’m going to select my lv1 7 star toons so I fight lvl 30s lol
  • MaxiPriest wrote: »
    Acymetric wrote: »
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Cool concept for those who are interested.

Aslong as there's an option to auto set or just ignore it completely I'm fine with it. I barely do my two battles a day to finish my daily activities. Can't imagine this is going to draw me in.

Can I ask what part of the game you actually play/enjoy?

I enjoy playing with jolee

You don’t really play with him, he makes you do it.
  • When will this start?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    When will this start?
    Plan is to launch it before the end of the year

• So........... when is this going to be live?.......
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Spyro324 wrote: »
    So........... when is this going to be live?.......
    Plan is to launch it before the end of the year

• Prizes include the entire Gungan squad if you get top from the kickoff- including the legendary JarJar, Captain Tarpals, Boss Nass, Gungan Grenadier, and Gungan Soldier
  • If anyone plans on lowering their gp for a more favourable match up then that is by and large cheating yourselves and your opponents. Not condescendtion just the honest truth
  • If anyone plans on lowering their gp for a more favourable match up then that is by and large cheating yourselves and your opponents. Not condescendtion just the honest truth

Removing some mods is not bigger cheating than buying op characters (Revanue).
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I wonder if the December Calendar will include dates for Grand Arena 🤔

Removing some mods is not bigger cheating than buying op characters (Revanue).

I couldn’t agree more. However I still stand by my point.