Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Klaelbasher
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    3vs3 means that everyone will clear the map. Only thing that makes difference would be how much toon you can keep at full prot. This is absurd please consider high gp players condition when you set up such changes. It ruins the fun.
    Post edited by Klaelbasher on
  • I like it, but it takes too much time. Twenty-four hour preview phase. Twenty-four hour set-up, which takes me less than 5 minutes. Twenty-four hour attack, which takes me about ten minutes....for what? Some mod gear? Speed it up

I don't like the length either, but the 24 hour window does make sense. We will be matched against people all around the world.
  • I love grand arena, thanks CG. I won the practice match and then went 2-1 in the inaugoral three round GA.

Of the 8 people in my group two had revan, 6 of us didn't. I lost to the eventual winner who had revan in the second round. Top tier was the two revan players. So, revan is a huge advantage but who cares. My goal / mindset going in will be to finish 2-4 for second best rewards.

My three wins were due to my superior mods. Usually I had fewer g12 toons.

Final note, when I lost I knew I would so threw absolute crap toons on defense to give myself my full roster on offense. Was able to clear two zones. Was still fun strategizing which teams to use.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb I must say that the rewards for the coming 3v3 Grand Arena are very disappointing. When you tell us that the rewards will be comparable to those we would achieve in Territory Wars it's reasonable to expect that each participant would receive Zetas - even if it's only 1. Instead, those finishing 5th-8th get no Zetas. You've overpromised and underdelivered.
    Don't worry we've decided to not combine them! These rewards are just for this Grand Arena. More stuff coming here
    Shouldn't the first inbox gifts have already been delivered, or did I confuse the time zones?
  • miketo wrote: »
    I love grand arena, thanks CG. I won the practice match and then went 2-1 in the inaugoral three round GA.

Of the 8 people in my group two had revan, 6 of us didn't. I lost to the eventual winner who had revan in the second round. Top tier was the two revan players. So, revan is a huge advantage but who cares. My goal / mindset going in will be to finish 2-4 for second best rewards.

My three wins were due to my superior mods. Usually I had fewer g12 toons.

Final note, when I lost I knew I would so threw absolute crap toons on defense to give myself my full roster on offense. Was able to clear two zones. Was still fun strategizing which teams to use.

On my one at a 4m gp match, there was 2 as well. One got last. Other one tied for 2 with me. No revan won. It does make a difference, just not absurd as most see it.
  • I hope it just keeps going and going. Love coming on here and seeing the wimping and whining. It feeds my dark side to see that our future holds pain and suffering because there are so many people these days that can't handle some kind of adversity without going to pieces, blaming others for their shortcomings or just plain crying because they don't get their way. Scrumptious.
  • In CG's Timezone, it is 5.20am right now. I'm sure TW rewards will come later as they come into the office.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • My personal opinion is that it does nothing to enhance the game. It is difficult to get excited when half the people do not play and do not even bother with defences. it takes far too long and the rewards are poor. The only way i will bother in the future is if the rewards were enormous, but even then, it would only be because the rewards are enormous and not because it is any good. I'd rather have the MOD store back. Sorry, but ultimately, there is no need to play it, there is no reward for playing it and having asked the guild, most have already stopped playing it.
  • This may have already been asked and requested. Do we know if the 3v3 thing going to be a regular part of the rotation?

If so, are we going to get an option to save 3-toon teams so that we don't have to recreate them every time? Having to remake 8-11 defensive teams on top of picking out offensive teams will get tedious.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    If you don't have revan or traya and all those around you gp do, then getting revan and traya should be a goal. Either that or have a good counter team.

I know revan was ptp but that is temporary and you can be ready for the 2nd time. Hstr has been out for 10 months now. If you're above 3 mil gp and don't have traya, it is because you didn't focus on that. Others at your gp did. So they have an advantage.
    Only disagree with the bolded point about Traya. If your guild is not ready for hstr, your own gp simply don't matter. Not everyone changes guilds just because of a temporary advantage ;) . That has not much to do with focusing anymore, as someone could have focused on the raid characters, but others just didn't enough (yet) .

At 3 mil gp you had enough time to build several good raid teams and unlock traya. I know, I built the raid teams between the launch of the raid and now. I have a 5 star Traya to show for it. And my gp is still under 3 mil and I'm 100% ftp, hence why I don't have revan.

And in all honesty, if you want to do well, you need to ne in a guild that is made up of players that are at or around the same level as you.

I get it that some people want to stay in their guild because they are friends. And that will slow you down. However, that is a choice and the consequences ate clear. One of those consequences is not having traya when others you compete with do. That also means losing some ga matches unless you can beat traya without traya.

But the fact remains, at 3 mil gp, the only thing that stopped you from getting traya are choices you made.
  • I've won Arena 5v5 being f2p

My reward is 3v3 :(

TY Capital Games!
  • Roksteady wrote: »
    This may have already been asked and requested. Do we know if the 3v3 thing going to be a regular part of the rotation?

If so, are we going to get an option to save 3-toon teams so that we don't have to recreate them every time? Having to remake 8-11 defensive teams on top of picking out offensive teams will get tedious.

You have that option in squad management already. You just leave the other two spaces empty.
  • Roksteady wrote: »
    This may have already been asked and requested. Do we know if the 3v3 thing going to be a regular part of the rotation?

You have that option in squad management already. You just leave the other two spaces empty.

This.

It was actually kind of enjoyable to make a new 3v3 tab and think about how to break up teams in the most effective 3s.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Carrie

The more and more I think about it, the more I keep thinking the game board needs to change.This would alleviate a lot of the fluff concerns. The fact that someone could have 5 teams that are meta teams all at G12 and can bottleneck another player from playing is a real problem

There needs to be a way for a player to win on territories so you equally weight the depth of an inventory and not just quality alone.

The board should be like that of a RISK board with setting (2 to 5 teams per territory). This way someone with only 5 meta teams could only defend 5 territories but would have nothing on offense if they did. With only 5 teams they wouldn't be able to cover all the territories,which would favor those that did bolster their rosters.

It makes all the sense in the world. Gives the player more choices, makes us use our entire rosters, injects more strategy into the game and doesn't limit us to only hitting 1 territory
  • Could someone from CG please address BB8 covert data not counting as unique for GA prestigious reward?
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
    If you don't have revan or traya and all those around you gp do, then getting revan and traya should be a goal. Either that or have a good counter team.

I know revan was ptp but that is temporary and you can be ready for the 2nd time. Hstr has been out for 10 months now. If you're above 3 mil gp and don't have traya, it is because you didn't focus on that. Others at your gp did. So they have an advantage.
    Only disagree with the bolded point about Traya. If your guild is not ready for hstr, your own gp simply don't matter. Not everyone changes guilds just because of a temporary advantage ;) . That has not much to do with focusing anymore, as someone could have focused on the raid characters, but others just didn't enough (yet) .

At 3 mil gp you had enough time to build several good raid teams and unlock traya. I know, I built the raid teams between the launch of the raid and now. I have a 5 star Traya to show for it. And my gp is still under 3 mil and I'm 100% ftp, hence why I don't have revan.

And in all honesty, if you want to do well, you need to ne in a guild that is made up of players that are at or around the same level as you.

I get it that some people want to stay in their guild because they are friends. And that will slow you down. However, that is a choice and the consequences ate clear. One of those consequences is not having traya when others you compete with do. That also means losing some ga matches unless you can beat traya without traya.

But the fact remains, at 3 mil gp, the only thing that stopped you from getting traya are choices you made.
    Never denied that it's all about choices (which goes for many aspects in the game). Only stated that for many of us, a guild is a friendly community that noone should not eel to be forced to leave, only for a temporary advantage. Growing together as a group and making a guild great with teamwork is for sure more long-term satisfying than just joining a guild that already has it all.
    Anyway I never said anything negative about the match-making, as my own experience was quite positive. I also believe that right now, there is more balance in this game with viable teams who can counter each other than, let's say, a year ago.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Carrie

The more and more I think about it, the more I keep thinking the game board needs to change.This would alleviate a lot of the fluff concerns. The fact that someone could have 5 teams that are meta teams all at G12 and can bottleneck another player from playing is a real problem

There needs to be a way for a player to win on territories so you equally weight the depth of an inventory and not just quality alone.

The board should be like that of a RISK board with setting (2 to 5 teams per territory). This way someone with only 5 meta teams could only defend 5 territories but would have nothing on offense if they did. With only 5 teams they wouldn't be able to cover all the territories,which would favor those that did bolster their rosters.

It makes all the sense in the world. Gives the player more choices, makes us use our entire rosters, injects more strategy into the game and doesn't limit us to only hitting 1 territory

Earlier today I was discussing this exact thing with my guild-mates. That's how TW tends to play out at much lower levels. You couldn't fill all defense slots and have teams left for attack, so you're forced to pick and choose where and how to place your defenses, to allow for offense. Usually the middle sections would be weak or empty. lol
    the only problem there is that it would still be unbalanced to some extent
    CadoaBane wrote: »

Never denied that it's all about choices (which goes for many aspects in the game). Only stated that for many of us, a guild is a friendly community that noone should not eel to be forced to leave, only for a temporary advantage. Growing together as a group and making a guild great with teamwork is for sure more long-term satisfying than just joining a guild that already has it all.
    Anyway I never said anything negative about the match-making, as my own experience was quite positive. I also believe that right now, there is more balance in this game with viable teams who can counter each other than, let's say, a year ago.

And I never said that your chice is bad. Just that there are consequences. If you make an informed decision and it works for you, then great.

But there are so many on here screaming they are at 4 mil gp or something and that it's unfair that they face someone with traya. I was just pointing out that it's your own choices that lead to that and matchmaking should not be adjusted to account for that or the many other choices players make.
  • You have done everything to break the balance and synergy of the teams on the grand arena. now the revan can not be won from the first time if I do not have a revan.
    Thank you, now I can remove this game from my phone.
  • Matchmaking should be done on char GP if GA doesn't involve ships. I have 3,826m GP (no Traya, no Revan) - 2,135m char GP - 1,690m ship GP and I have been paired with ppl that have the same total GP but 2,3m-2,5m char GP (most of them with both Traya & Revan) that is 200k-400k more than me, which makes 2-4 maxed out teams more than me... I like the idea of Grand Arena a lot, but c'mon - give me a fair chance for winning…
    @CG_SBCrumb

• Kudlaty wrote: »
    Matchmaking should be done on char GP if GA doesn't involve ships. I have 3,826m GP (no Traya, no Revan) - 2,135m char GP - 1,690m ship GP and I have been paired with ppl that have the same total GP but 2,3m-2,5m char GP (most of them with both Traya & Revan) that is 200k-400k more than me, which makes 2-4 maxed out teams more than me... I like the idea of Grand Arena a lot, but c'mon - give me a fair chance for winning…
    @CG_SBCrumb

Matchmaking definitely need refinement. It doesn’t need to be on toon vs toon level, but if you are matched with ppl that you effectively have no chance of beating, or that have no chance of beating you, a lot of the potential of this great event is lost. The more even the match up the more fun will the GA battles be.
  • I am a new level 85 and this is my first Grand Arena. I am very excited about playing. I have heard an ongoing "constructive criticism" about those with Revan having it made. One possible solution would be for our wonderful SWGOH team to stick him in a 9th level area to farm...preferably Cantina 😉 That would eventually allow everyone to be competitive...there will always be those that have more real life resources to get the game resources. I am a mostly FTP and at times have to stop myself from getting frustrated or grumbling about those dangling carrots in the store. I think when you have less resources it can make you more efficient and strategic...when I hit that wall, I have plenty of time to learn from the forums, watch videos and strategize...lol. In the long term we have seriously awesome quality toons.
    PS please don't end the Territory wars. It was starting to really glue my guild together.
    Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and have a blast in the Grand Arena!
  • I really enjoyed the first GA. It is a chance to help me improve my TW without lowering the efficiency of my guild. I can see no advantage to making the three person change. It just ruins teams I have been practicing with for three years.
  • NoRinGoSho wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the first GA. It is a chance to help me improve my TW without lowering the efficiency of my guild. I can see no advantage to making the three person change. It just ruins teams I have been practicing with for three years.

"It ruins"? lmao not likely you will forget how to use those teams.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • A new matchmaking system is needed, I have a balanced roster with nearly all lvl 85 and 7 star characters, 42 of which are gear 12. Every other opponent I face has over 65 g12 characters. How are we supposed to compete? Either far larger numbers on defense and stop using the top 25% of the roster or find a different way to make these matches. Please! This isn't fun. Someone with 70 g12 characters and the rest level 50 3 star characters under 4 million gp total will win this every single time...
  • Here is another idea for the Revan issue where it is impossible for those without to beat this Toon...only matchmake people who have Revan with others who have a similar strength Revan plus the similar GP. There are of course other discrepancies in the matchmaking that need to be tweaked (this Grand Arena was born only just recently...growing pains) but this could be a partial solution that could make it a tad bit more fair.
  • I like grand arena but that matchmaking is not good, ship GP weights too much in global GP. I am paired with opponent who all have > 15% character GP, at my 2M level it is huge, see https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190880/grand-arena-matchmaking-algorithm-and-ships

I only win when my opponent does not set defenses... and this is so frustrating. The current GA without ship makes it even worse... You have to do something CG ! @CG_SBCrumb

If nothing changes, I won’t set defenses and keep all my squads in offsense to earn credits and complete quests.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    qkjerome wrote: »
    I like grand arena but that matchmaking is not good, ship GP weights too much in global GP. I am paired with opponent who all have > 15% character GP, at my 2M level it is huge, see https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190880/grand-arena-matchmaking-algorithm-and-ships

I only win when my opponent does not set defenses... and this is so frustrating. The current GA without ship makes it even worse... You have to do something CG ! @CG_SBCrumb

If nothing changes, I won’t set defenses and keep all my squads in offsense to earn credits and complete quests.

One of the guys in my group has 30% more character GP than me. At 200k more than me, that's more than all of my 3x3 defense character combined. How am I suppose to have fun when facing someone at 30% more GP than me?

I don't care if they have Revan or Traya and I don't, because that's a personal choice. But I shouldn't be penalized and lose the chance to earn rewards because I have 400k in ships and he has 200k in ships.
  • Auto depot failed for me.
  • I m sorry to tell that I really hate this part of the game. Why did you set a week for this ? If we are meeting walls because of systematic poor matchmaking , this ends in 10 seconds . Where is the interest ? I can’t even finish the quests. I don’t have Traya nor Revan and I systematically meet those endgame players . Why ? TW was far away better than this stupid mode .