The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Whatever. I mean, changing my PO sounds cool and I guess grand arena does too (though we wanted guild arena).

I’m hoping when they say we’re getting more OT stuff that includes Jabba, Millennium Falcon, C3PO, 4LOM and Zuckuss.
  • Will we be able to change the payouts of both squad and fleet arenas or will they still have the same hour overlap?

Payouts are always connected
  • Grand arena based soly in GP is the worst idea ever.... The ultimate middle finger to any truly FTP player.

At least they were honest In the description. A reward for those who invested $ In the game...
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    Grand arena based soly in GP is the worst idea ever.... The ultimate middle finger to any truly FTP player.

At least they were honest In the description. A reward for those who invested $ In the game...

It’s not just gp.
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Will we be able to change the payouts of both squad and fleet arenas or will they still have the same hour overlap?

This. Everything is connected in a fixed way. So energy times/payouts/etc. When you change your payout, everything will move accordingly to retain the same distance apart.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events. We are hoping to take the lessons learned from the Clone Wars TW and apply it to the future, especially as Grand Arena will cover the “play it the right way” fix for TW style competition.

I don't know anything about leaks. I just know that Mace, and GG have been totally disappointing for years now. Are they going to get REAL reworks, or will they stay garbage instead of occasionally getting a bump in TW? The TW reworks are fun, but they are pathetic attempts to pacify their fans without actually doing anything. The only thing I cared to hear in this Road Ahead was Mace, and GG are getting reworked.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events. We are hoping to take the lessons learned from the Clone Wars TW and apply it to the future, especially as Grand Arena will cover the “play it the right way” fix for TW style competition.

Carrie, this is an A+ comment. I wish I could like it more.
  • To Carrie and Crumb,

Would either of you consider Scout Trooper an iconic character missing from our rosters?

Just a fools hope... Or is it???

Kudos on the payout time change! I'll skip mentioning Grievous.... Oops! Lol!

Worth the wait. Impressive... Most impressive...
  • LockStep
    122 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I just want to know how to find another hour during the day to fit in more arena battles for this grand arena. Another bloody time sink. ;/

If a GG rework is confirmed to not be happening this quarter that means Ahnald is going to delete his channel.
  • This is great!! Thank you thank you devs!!
  • Looks so exciting!

Another small suggestion, something for the future, could you please give players the option change the music, and add some more tracks, such as Duel of the Fates, the Mos Eisley Cantina tune and the Ewok theme.

Not important, but it would be a cool feature.
  • I read Grand Arena and immediately think "next gear wall"? Well, I guess that‘s what current development has led me to.
    Well, to be frank, it is yet again nothing innovative or new. Maybe new to SWGoH, but even similar styled, one man team, indie Browser-games do have a "Grand Arena" mode more oft than not 🤷‍♂️

Biggest news is payout times, but might also be the most troublesome, depending on how implemented. Other than that:

Really? You gonna behave like this radio silence never happened? Not addressing it with a single word? Epitome of unprofessionalism... and plain rude. Well, I‘d be fired in my job instantly... coming up with excuses was usually your forte, but this? Just the last nail in the coffin of this forum for me, personally.

No, I am not angry. I‘m simply tired and disappointed in your public relations. Kudos to @CG_SBCrumb, I loved your teasers and I am pretty sure -personal opinion- you would have said more if you had been allowed to.

Well, as I said, I gonna leave this forum for good. Feel free to delete my forum account.
    Reasoning as I have mentioned before:

TL:DR
    All other sources are more up to date than the official forum (people start mistaking it as being official)
    I personally are left with the impression that the forum is a must have nuisance.

To all the people and mods I have to say thank you, it has been a pleasure most of the time. hopefully we‘ll see new ups in SWGOH some day, instead the decline we see currently, so arguments won‘t get as heated as they sometimes were.

To CG: I‘m mostly -sorry to say- indifferent, I guess. Maybe partly because it feels like you are up there and we‘re just down here, being sheep or cash-cows on our way to the slaughter house. Not much of a chance to engage or exchange on here.
    This is solely my personal feeling and I personally decided not to provide any free feedback and data anymore (besides the gaming data you access anyways).
    (On a last note!, whoever designed that Yavin 4 background with the X-Wing standing on its wings without landing gear: fire him/her. And whoever approved that as well... probably all passionate Star Wars fans... like Rian Johnsson...😉)

#MakeSWGoHgreatagain
    #peaceout
  • Some new PVE content would be nice for those us who only pvp because we have to. Maybe add some more nodes to galactic war and light & dark side give us something pve to do with our 6 dot mods.
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    To Carrie and Crumb,

Would either of you consider Scout Trooper an iconic character missing from our rosters?

Just a fools hope... Or is it???

Kudos on the payout time change! I'll skip mentioning Grievous.... Oops! Lol!

Worth the wait. Impressive... Most impressive...

Agreed on Scout cause Empire!!!!

I truly have been hoping for almost 3 years to finish arena at 7 am. Work and school = long days. So this is really QOL. If my gf was on the forums she may spam countless gifs in appreciation as well.

I have been super critical as of late (something I really do not like to do) but arena time change is really important to me.

• Also this isn't World of Warcraft, which I already play. This makes the time sink exponential. This is a MOBILE game. I already spend 2-3 hours on this game a day.

Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Will we be able to change the payouts of both squad and fleet arenas or will they still have the same hour overlap?

This. Everything is connected in a fixed way. So energy times/payouts/etc. When you change your payout, everything will move accordingly to retain the same distance apart.
    That makes me sad as the ideal time for payouts would put the bonus energy time(especially the morning 3ple energy) at a time when I would be asleep :(
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    harunalp wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!

Why? So the people that have been screwed over by being locked into a time when they are at work and can't play can continue to suffer in rank in arena for your benefit?

people changing time, does not disturb the whole balance of the game? This innovation comes for beauty but may be worse?
    Enerdrizer wrote: »

So your daily reset will be 6 hrs after your payout still? if so it could be not at midnight?

• Looks so exciting!

Another small suggestion, something for the future, could you please give players the option change the music, and add some more tracks, such as Duel of the Fates, the Mos Eisley Cantina tune and the Ewok theme.

Not important, but it would be a cool feature.

I thought we already had the Cantina song. You know, when you’re battling in the cantina?
  • Major letdown.
    P2win arena, new marquees.

The only ok part is the payout change (which was due like 2 years ago and should still instead be highest rank achieved on given day).
  • I just want a Grevious rework.

Please? Pretty please! PLEASE!!!!!!!😳😤
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Keszey wrote: »
    Also this isn't World of Warcraft, which I already play. This makes the time sink exponential. This is a MOBILE game. I already spend 2-3 hours on this game a day.
    Which aspect? May be something I need to clarify. We spend a lot of time trying to balance the time spent so that your time spent is optional, but would like to make sure I understand what it is.

As for WoW, I just hit ilvl 380 and am not going to be able to play during a weekend of easy affixes and I’m sad about it.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • I'm glad to see the rest of the Kotor team is most likely coming, that era has been mostly neglected today other than this game and SWTOR but that's not really Kotor. I'm sure there's no need to panic over lack of CW characters, I think it's likely we'll see a few months dedicated to CW next year much like we saw with the Bounty Hunters this year. The more time they spend re-working GG and Mace etc. the better. They deserve to be great when they're finally done.
  • LockStep wrote: »
    I just want to know how to find another hour during the day to fit in more arena battles for this grand arena. Another bloody time sink. ;/

It's optional
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

If a GG rework is confirmed to not be happening this quarter that means Ahnald is going to delete his channel.

I will believe it when I don't see it.
  • Another arena? I don't like it at all.
    Keszey wrote: »
    Also this isn't World of Warcraft, which I already play. This makes the time sink exponential. This is a MOBILE game. I already spend 2-3 hours on this game a day.
    Which aspect? May be something I need to clarify. We spend a lot of time trying to balance the time spent so that your time spent is optional, but would like to make sure I understand what it is.

Take a guess.. Are you this dense or pretending to be?
    I dont know what may take too much time, some clone helmet visualisation or A FRIKING NEW GAME MODE WITH 10+ BATTLES...
  • NIGHTMAN wrote: »
    LockStep wrote: »

It's optional

Sure its optional. But if you dont play, you fall behind on resources, therefore drop on arena rank, therefore losing crystals every day.. So not really an option.
    Unless you mean as an option similar to quitting the game.
  • This sounds cool and all I’m going to enjoy it and continue to play/support this game. But...

As a player of 3 years I’m still wondering why we can’t have reworks for iconic characters already in game with our time, resources and money we’ve invested in over these years? Don’t even need to be meta just make them compliment the new toons. Duplicate some character sets even, honestly it’s better than completely unusable toons. I saw someone suggest make Mace Windu like Sion, stuff like that.

Why are we going into the 3rd Anniversary still in the dark as to what to expect?

I love this game and I was hoping the anniversary is maybe why everything has been so quiet, which I guess was cuz of “leaks” aka things people were excited about? That I guess we will wait longer for?

TLDR:
    May the force be with us all in Year 4. I get the point of mobile games is to make money but that’s not the only point imo.