The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Corwin117 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie Will the Clone Wars era/Prequel era ever receive the help it needs? I'm hoping for some new toons or reworks for them. They need help.
    Would love to do it. It’s all just a function of time, and some strategizing. But we can’t announce future content so all I can say is that sounds like a great idea.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • This feels like a Q&A session, thanks @CG_Carrie and CG_SBCrumb for your contribution. I am looking forward to the new content.
    We’ve been talking about doing another Q&A too, just need to run it through the proper channels first.
  • CG_Carrie thank you for this. I really like what I am seeing here in this Road Ahead. Hopefully it means we will finally see C3PO hit the game!

But I need to ask, if we are looking at the Clone Wars content Reworks as a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of The Phantom Menace which for those wondering is June 3, 2019? I have long been an advocate for Padme and more clones coming to the game, and I would love nothing more than being able to have Padme in my squad with Anakin, Kenobi, 3PO and R2. I think the game needs her.

If she doesn’t come to the game, Capital Games, you’re breaking my heart!
  • You mean Best Serendary Lifestyle
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally,I would have preferred more clone wars era content, but I suppose more old republic and (as long as they are empire and not more non C-3PO rebels because there are already so many) original trilogy characters will suffice.
  • I've been playing this game since launch, it's had a lot of good and bad moments over the years. I was so ecstatic when grievous came into the game I spent a ton of money to get him way early on... he's my favorite out of all the characters in star wars.

Made an account and all that to leave a comment saying, politely, this has been a pretty big disappointment. I'm just talking on my own behalf here, not trying to talk for anyone else, but not getting a grievous rework or/and clone war toon love beyond a cosmetic change has been just disappointing. I think I'm done playing honestly, good luck though swgoh, hope good things for all the time and work you've put into the game.
  • For a road ahead, I gotta say this is a bit weak given the wait we’ve had to endure (6 weeks to be exact).
    The announcements you’ve made are indeed good, but lackluster for a road ahead. The grand arena should be fun, but let’s see how the matchups work first because TW matchups are sometimes way out of line.

The payout change will be very welcome.

The release of more KOTOR and Original Trilogy content will be nice, but it won’t matter if you guys keep releasing toons to single hard nodes and stick to the ridiculous stance of ignoring all the other shops.

The anniversary events hopefully are on par with expectations.

@CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.
    Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time. Some of the bigger factions need a little more open road for us to do new requested characters/reworks/events/etc. Doesnt mean we don’t want to or don’t plan to, just that we have too much to do and not enough time.
  • Staw Wars Galaxy of Dodges and Wallet Warriors.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time. Some of the bigger factions need a little more open road for us to do new requested characters/reworks/events/etc. Doesnt mean we don’t want to or don’t plan to, just that we have too much to do and not enough time.

A lot of us have been waiting since he was first released years back for a rework.
  • @CG_Carrie are we getting any clone wars content this month besides double drops?
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for posting the direction of the game in the future. Not sure how it’s going to pan out as TW still mixes guilds with GS11 and 4 zeta against guilds full with GS12 and multiple zeta as “fair”.
  • @CG_Carrie are we getting any other clone wars content besides double drops this month???Maybe can you give us a hint of what's coming this month?
  • I hope there is more unspoken Clone Wars content coming before they go back to KotOR and OT. This Road Ahead post was a big let down for me. Grand Arena does sound cool but that on a positive note.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Does that just change the time you have your po or do you change shards as well?
    Hope it’s just po time. I like my shard and people in it. But I could change my po and be even happier with my shard.

A.k.a. youre not going to do anything you cant make a penny off of us on....nice....

Figured something for free (by reworking old toons) was too much to ask...

~D
  • Wheres the equalization of raid rewards.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

That’s the answer everytime someone asks about GG rework. Just say you guys are not going to do it, GG’s been on the top of the trash heap for three years. Clone war anniversary, GG released in EA’s BF2.....tell me when a better time would have been?? New requested....ha!
  • Halx
    89 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey...another arena....No offense, but unfortunately it still depends on who spends the most money, who is the best player... :p
    Money makes the world go round. But sorry if the moderate payers are not so enthusiastic about that.
  • Jedi Alek and Meetra to have OR jedi team, then red side.

Give Visas Marr OR, Jedi tags
  • So, for the 15 year anniversary of KOTOR we get an entire year (according to the road ahead, there will be new KOTOR content so yes it will be a year) of KOTOR content and meta characters...

And for the 10th anniversary of Clone Wars, something immensely more popular than KOTOR, we get...let’s see...a couple TW bonuses and a couple of bonus shards...
    I AM the High Ground
  • anyone at 2.8mil gp that has yet to unlock Treya or is it just me 😣
  • My question with the time zone change is, can we make it at a half hour time slot; for example 5:30 PM EST?
  • @CG_Carrie Thank you for responding to my Clone Wars/Prequel question. I know you guys are probably very busy and have limits you have to work within. But I hope you guys are able to revitalize those era characters, my guild and I have been looking forward to that for a long time. Looking forward to when it finally happens.
  • I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.
    The GG speculation most came from you on twitter @CG_Carrie when you said :

(in response to a GG image that someone posted requesting a rework on Oct 18th)
    CG_Carrie said: As for the other thing *cough cough* oh look at the time!
    1 reply 0 retweets 12 likes

That ^ is why many of us were speculating. Not because of any leaks.

• Altorno
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I've got to say I'm kind of let down by the lack of CW content for the 10th Anniversary.

I'll be glad for more kotor characters but I would still rather have more CW content personally.

Guess I'll just keep farming for OR characters and hope that something changes 5 years from now when CW hits its 15th anniversary.
    Post edited by Altorno on
  • I'm not even on twitter and I had seen that...there is a larger discussion about GG that includes a GG pic and ahnald and more comments about a possible rework...but I don't know how to use twitter. Maybe someone else can post the whole thing?

Not a good answer. GG was one of the hardest toons in the game to unlock for a long time and he’s been in game for what, 2 years? Not enough time?
    Ooba hutar.
  • PukeCrywalker
    77 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Why does many people want a rework for an android that was more dead than alive and that really got punked big time by Obi Wan?? GG rework really?? So glad the devs aren't wasting time on GG and instead working on adding much more meaningful toons that endured much more than a hacking android who ultimately died by a simple blaster shot....
    The ONLY thing that's kinda cool about GG is he can wield four lightsabers. But I find much lack of interest in a non-force sensitive person wielding a lightsaber. And honestly if it weren't for Hollywood, Obi Wan could've pulled GGs body panels off his organs with the force very easily and the battle would've ended when Obi Wan forced blasted the Manga guards into the side of GGs head. So let's be real here guys; if you're a real fan of the lore GG=LAME CHAR
    Also, it may not be cannon now but I read somewhere in the past that a non-force sensitive person could not even properly wield a lightsaber(Han on Hoth only used it as a tool to save Luke which was the will of the Force) and would most likely cut off their own legs and one of their own arms in one fell swoop..