So basically...(C3PO things)

Replies

• Options
    SCOED wrote: »
    And yes everyone always to tell him to shut up. But every time they did it seemed to act as a motivator. And his transition ability helped in several instances like in Jabba's Palace, translating R2, dealing with the ewoks and more.
    And more than once, folks tell 3PO to shut up, then immediately turn around and act on whatever they told 3PO to shut up about.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    What if we get red arm C3PO? We'd need resistance or FO?
    They've already said its Original Trilogy content in the Road Ahead

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    C3PO is on it’s way? Been busy so, did I miss something?
    A puzzle revealing C3P0 is coming and Crumb's new profile picture

O, not 0 :) Sorry, I'm a bit OCD-ish I'm afraid. I often see C-3PO and nowadays also K-2SO spelled with a zero, but it's an O as in OCD.

• Options
    KLCS21 wrote: »
    I don’t question C3PO’s iconic status. But come on, 3PO never assisted anyone in battle. R2 mixes it up. He fought some battle droids. He stopped the trash compactor. He found Leia in the holding cell. He shot Luke his light saber and saved 3PO from being eaten by Jabba’s Pet thing. And Hermit Yoda trained Luke (sort of... don’t get me started on Yoda, he’s is far and away the worst Jedi Master ever.) but his assisting character is understandable. But C3PO never fought or assisted in anything. In fact almost everytime he said anything, someone told him to shut up.

Plus, astromechs are equipped with a variety of tools and gadgets such as electric pikes, fusion welders, buzzsaws, or rocket boosters that can be (and often have been) used as weapons.
  • Options
    Droids
  • Options
    I'm still holding on to my prediction that one of c-3p0's specials will be called "oh dear". He said that so many times lol. (Don't let me down CG)
  • Options
    K331 wrote: »
    It WONT be ewoks at all they were friends..it be will another fashion an enemy like all legendary events..opposites
    1) Yoda takes Jedi, so not all legendary events are opposites.
    2) The ewoks only became friends AFTER C3-P0 was recruited (so to speak).
    It literally makes zero sense for it to be Ewoks aside that they were buddies in episode three because they thought he was a god. Ewoks have gotten a rework and some additions and Zetas. A lot of people have them geared up. Likely it will require Jawas, a poorly geared faction that will get those to spend to gear them up as the crystals spent for gear will make them money. Little money to be made with Ewoks!
    Legendaries and Hero's Journeys (which isn't to say this'll be a Journey, just that it's the same principle) aren't about getting a bunch of money in one go. They're about rewarding people who already have those characters, many of whom spend an arm and a leg on a monthly basis all the time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that C-3PO might be marquee? It seems like everybody is convinced that he'll be Legendary, but that means CG is giving away a free character and they might not make as much money as they would with selling marquee packs for an iconic character.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    No matter who unlocks him - troopers/empire, Ewoks, Jawas (top 3 speculations) you will need to gear and zeta them.

These factions have been around awhile.
    If it’s a panic farm for stars = event is a bit easier.
    If they have been in game for awhile check the otc rng slaughterfest as a guide.

I too think c3po will have 2 zetas. 1 rebel, 1 droid. Hy-like non damage. Maybe even something with chewy where he automatically gets guard or something.

The speculation for Jedi Luke just got deeper! While I totally believed he would be unlocked by the lstb toons. I’m more on the side of 3 legendaries - otc r2 threepio 1 journey - CLS and then a raid toon - han.

Edit - also a synergy with r2
  • Options
    What character (not in the game yet) do you think will be locked behind Marquee that will be necessary to get C3PO? Because to be honest I don't expect him to be a 100% free character.

"But Chewbacca was free"

Yes, but then we already had other Chewbaccas prior to the lengary one. C3PO is a first timer.

Any thoughts on the line up to unlock him? I have my theories but I'd like to hear your opinions.
  • Options
    My opinion is that there are three threads already. Do we need a fourth?
  • Options
    Can't you simply ignore it?

• Options
    None, unless you want to count Wicket. If it’s Ewoks, it’ll be similar to the Chewie event. Has nothing to do with being a “first timer”. Legendaries have required factions, not specific characters.
  • Options
    None, unless you want to count Wicket. If it’s Ewoks, it’ll be similar to the Chewie event. Has nothing to do with being a “first timer”. Legendaries have required factions, not specific characters.

Hope you are right, and Ewoks only are necessary, nothing else.
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that C-3PO might be marquee?

I did! I personally think he’ll be a legendary, but in one of my first posts I said he could be a marquee and Ewok scout being the login character indicates he’ll have Ewok synergies.

But I still think the smart money is on a legendary event that requires Ewoks. Other things are possible—hell, it could be red arm C3-PO and could require Resistance or it could be a mini Hero’s Journey with each stage representing one movie—but I think people are grasping at straws trying to look like they’re In The Know.

Long story short: Do what you want to do, farm what you want to farm, if you get hit by a bus tomorrow you aren’t going to use your last breaths to say “It’s.... probably....... jawas...” None of this matters. If you guess wrong, get him next time, it’s all the same.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    They have never required a character that wasn't yet in a farmable location. If they were to release a new marquee now and require it after it becomes farmable, C3 wouldn't come to the game for at least 8 weeks. They wouldn't put out one of these character teases that far in advance (and plus we've already been told we're getting OT content in December).
  • Options

No, because looks what happens when we ignore December Calendar threads, and that’s information that doesn’t even matter.
  • Options
    Ciranne wrote: »
    For every legendary character, we needed to use the enemy faction.
    GMY: Siths
    R2-D2: Empire
    BB-8:FO
    Chewbacca: BH
    EP: Rebels
    Thrawn: Phoenix

So I highly doubt we will need Ewoks to unlock C3-PO.
    It's not because Ewok Scout is in the daily login rewards that it means Ewoks will be required, it is just here to give a hint about the new character that is coming to the game. When OG Chewie was released in september, the daily login reward was ROLO, but still we needed BH.

So my bet is that we will need the Soldiers of the Empire to unlock the golden droïd.

What do you guys think?

september was ROLO, but august was Dengar.
  • Options
    C3PO will be Marquee, and will be required for Legendary Jedi Luke a month later. (my speculation.)
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Options
    A puzzle for a marquee character? i doubt it.
    grand arena reward though? perhaps. My money is still on ewoks, but i'm holding of on gearing untill i know more.
  • Options
    Jango, marquee, puzzle.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »
    grand arena reward though? perhaps. My money is still on ewoks, but i'm holding of on gearing untill i know more.

Crumb made a puzzle for Jango and Fallen Bastila, who were marquee.
  • Options
    Boov wrote: »

Same thought process here. Accumulate but dont commit any gear until confirmation.

There is the ever present DS revan shadow so need to keep reserves for that
  • Options
    Well since we don’t know which version of 3PO we are getting, just panic and don’t farm anything. We could get EP1, naked version (if the CGs hate us), we could get silver and gold legged classic trilogy version (here’s hoping) or we could get red armed version and need Rose to spite us.
    I assume we will need a little of each light and dark, probably IT or Empire, some Rebels and hopefully not very powerful Ewoks.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes but this won't stop you from doing the same thing in the future

You offer no insight or anything meaningful that differentiates from the rest, asking the same people to repeat themselves when they have done so 3-4 times.

"I have my theories but I want you guys to do all the talking instead"

ok cool. Great way to start a discussion. I would've been interested if you shared your theories or something but nothing new here just a general question.

You can find answers to the question you are looking for in other threads which ask the same question you are asking, with pages of answers

can't you simply look at those and contribute there instead?
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    Well since we don’t know which version of 3PO we are getting, just panic and don’t farm anything. We could get EP1, naked version (if the CGs hate us), we could get silver and gold legged classic trilogy version (here’s hoping) or we could get red armed version and need Rose to spite us.
    I assume we will need a little of each light and dark, probably IT or Empire, some Rebels and hopefully not very powerful Ewoks.

They said more OT content coming in December, that would seem to narrow the timeframe. If it’s a legendary event, which seems much more likely than heroic, they’ve never had one where the requirements mixed different factions so it’s highly unlike we’ll need “a little of each”. It’s also unlikely they’ll reuse a faction. Empire has already been used for R2, Rebels for EP, IT for IPD. Odds are on either Jawas or Ewoks, and the monthly login would seem to narrow down that.

If you don’t want to do your best to be prepared, that’s on you. Meanwhile, I’ll be buttoning up my Ewoks ;)
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yes but this won't stop you from doing the same thing in the future

You offer no insight or anything meaningful that differentiates from the rest, asking the same people to repeat themselves when they have done so 3-4 times.

"I have my theories but I want you guys to do all the talking instead"

ok cool. Great way to start a discussion. I would've been interested if you shared your theories or something but nothing new here just a general question.

You can find answers to the question you are looking for in other threads which ask the same question you are asking, with pages of answers

can't you simply look at those and contribute there instead?

Can’t you simply let the moderators worry about this and conduct necessary merges instead of playing neighborhood watch on these forums?
  • lifeisagame007
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Halo wrote: »
    Something people also seem to be assuming is that he’ll be legendary. What if he’s a reward for Grand Arena? (Which should be coming December as well)
    Could very well make another store and another currency for GA and have him like Hoda and Wampa. Or simply reward shards for GA if no new store/currency

Yes, that's my hunch as well. The legendary just doesn't feel right to me, it can't be coincidence that both of these are being released this month as you pointed out :)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    1) Yoda takes Jedi, so not all legendary events are opposites.
    That's a false argument. The Yoda legendary came before the pattern was established, so it stands out. Not sure if there was some official word on it, it's been quite some time, but my guess is that there was. Of course, they can change it, as they have been subverting several patterns lately with Chewie and Revan.