Ewoks for c3po

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    a3ul943q2hd3.jpg

I am not ready :-(.
    Panic time?
    No. Finish whichever your current project is, then start preparing for the next time, if you want. Don't let the new trend make you lose your focus.
    CG warned about the difficulty of the event, so g12+ will be required.
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    That's quite presumptuous to assume G12+.

They said Chewbacca would be "very difficult" and it was doable with mixes anywhere from G10-12 with as low as one zeta, but typically G11+, several zetas, and great to arena-grade mods.

The C3P0 post specifically says it will be "difficult", so if it's as hard or harder than Chewbacca then their communication ability is as good as their chalendar-building. I would expect G9-11 and maybe some zetas based on their own wording
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

They said Chewbacca would be "very difficult" and it was doable with mixes anywhere from G10-12 with as low as one zeta, but typically G11+, several zetas, and great to arena-grade mods.

The C3P0 post specifically says it will be "difficult", so if it's as hard or harder than Chewbacca then their communication ability is as good as their chalendar-building. I would expect G9-11 and maybe some zetas based on their own wording

This ^ is over thinking it. I get that cg has created a precedent of hinting at things so it is mostly their fault but, don't over think the word "very" in the description. The more likely precedent is that it will be gear 11/12 required to be safe, just like chewy.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    It’s going to be very very tough just like BH since we are ewoks vs C3PO aka rebels (imagine Chewbacca, Raid Han, R2 and C3PO + 1 more)
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    a3ul943q2hd3.jpg

I am not ready :-(.
    Panic time?

Honestly? Nah.

Start farming and don't stop until the next time C3P0 comes by and you'll be fine. But panic? I mean, if you don't have Ewoks maxed out already then odds are the folks you're competing against in Arena don't, either--the folks at the top will spend to stay at the top, but you're not up against them anyway.

Pick the Legendary that you want, but don't yet have, and work on the team that'll get you that. Then move onto the next one and the next one and so on.

But panic? FEH! Never.

EDIT: I forgot. If you have a job and are financially stable to the point where you can throw a bunch of money at a character and not blink an eye, then go for it! I will never shame someone for spending money on the game that I enjoy just because I can't afford to myself.

I hate spending, and not a fan of ewoks.
    I just want 3po for droids. Almost all my droids are 7 star and gear 12 or 11, even magnaguard. Just want a 5* chirpa and prayers that scout and elder can hold it together.

keeping my fingers crossed that I can unlock him at 5*. Yoda, thrawn, palps, r2, and bb8 were all very easy to get at 5*, even chewbacca was an easy 5* unlock.

I just have bad gambling luck. Spent 300 cystals on cantina for chirpa yesterday and got a wopping 4 shards. I finish in the top 50 in arena, so i get decent crystals, chirpa's node is just so bad with shard drops. Spent 100 crystals today and got 1 shard.... 5 shards out of 400 crystals for cantina energy. ****
  • Options
    My fear about this is that 7* gXI all zetas won't be enough for this event. This feels a lot like Chewy and using a faction that should already be developed, worries me that the difficulty will be cranked way up
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

They said very difficult for one and difficult for the other. Don't think it means anything.

The issue here isn't communication, it's over analyzing posts to take great significance out of a single word variable where there is probably zero significance.

• Options
    I farmed Chirpa to 7* such a long time ago with plans to farm all ewoks in order to do the zeta event. With all of the new changes to everything as of late, I always worked on them for a week, and then I decide that there is something more valuable with my time and resources than them at the time. As a result, I have a mixed bag when it comes to ewoks, 7* Chirpa, 7* Teebo (but who doesn't have 7* Teebo), 6* Paploo, 5* Scout, and the last 3 all 10 or less shards away from 5*. Logray and Wicket are level 1 with no gear, Elder at level 40 and gear V, Teebo at gear IV and level 50, Scout at gear VI and level 50, Paploo at gear VI and level 60, and finally Chirpa at gear VIII and level 63. So even though I have only worked on them as a minor side project, I am actually quite happy with the current level of my ewoks (as I thought they were all much less than these levels). Once I finish getting the shards for Mission, I will get Paploo. Big Z -> Elder. Jolee->Wicket. And I will actually now look for Logray in the guild store.

Long story short, prioritize what you want to, and do not complain if things do not work out exactly how you want them to. We were all dealt from the same deck, and we have done what we wanted to with the cards (paying for extra ones), playing the wrong ones (while you were learning the game), or being lucky and playing correctly from the very beginning. I think I tried too hard to make the metaphor work, but you get my point. We all started with getting Jedi Counselor, Talia, Clone Wars Chewbacca, and Ewok Scout. Where we went from therre was up to us, so do not blame CG for your choices to farm A team over B team. If you want, change your focus on getting A team to get B team, but remember, it was your choices that lead you to get to whatever point you are in the game, so deal with it.

*steps down from soapbox now*
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    if it's as hard or harder than Chewbacca then their communication ability is as good as their chalendar-building.

Nest would like a word with you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • B0R345
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    My hope is that I can unlock 3PO at 6* this time.

nr5dcb58qbw4.png

Paploo will not be fighting fit. Logray is a doubt for 7* by the end of the event. However, vital toons Elder and Wicket are coming along nicely.

My only hope is that, in the likely event that I can't get a full 3PO this time, they bring him back before the Hero's Journey for which he's widely speculated to be needed.

*edited for spelling
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    C3PO will be needed for Jedi Luke. Just saying.

So gather your bears.
  • Options
    Might be a good idea to check the gear requirements for higher ewok gear levels on swgoh.gg, then farm the correspondig gear but not spent it on the ewoks. Wait for the start of the event instead and level only those ewoks, which are most useful for the event. Paploo for example may be quite useless if all enemies do area damage. And if the event is way too hard, you can still spend the gear on characters required more frequently.
  • Options
    Hard to tell what you will need to get C3PO and wether he will be worth it. I need 50 odd shards of Wicket to have 5 Ewoks at 7* but don't have logray or Chief Chirpa. I have hoarded 2 zetas and some gear / credits ready for Revan who I should be able to get when the event returns. If C3PO is mega good and the event is doable I may use my resources on the murder bears otherwise I will skip it and get him next time.