GP Matchmaking & “Fluff”

Replies

  • Waqui
    6008 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Scroll back, @scuttlebutt.

    It's all simply reasoning to argue wether weak characters should count towards the GP used for matchmaking or not. When people argue, that it shouldn't because weak characters are useless, their reasoning is wrong. I disagree and give my reasons. Of course it belongs in this discussion.

    Yes, then it lead to comments from persons who didn't believe my strategy works (calling it ****), or people who didn't understand the strategy, and yes, that was unnecessary. However, when such comments appear, I of course defend my point of view (that weak characters are usefull in certain scenarios, and hence should count towards the GP).

    This is where it started:
    Waqui wrote: »
    Kaziglubey wrote: »
    ^^^ this.

    Peoples priorities are different. I play for love tw/ arena first. Raids 2nd. Then tb etc last. My roster is built for that. I don't really "work" on toons til I can reach high gear. Or have a team ready. I also seldom use a zeta unless 7 star g12 with few exceptions ie traya at 5 star. So a tb oriented/collector will get murdered.

    Also keep in mind they likely cannot get to complicated in matchmaking. Gp is usually a fair assumption. You will win some lose some. But could you imagine how complicated it would be to try to take into account all aspects of an account for even matching?

    So when we were coached to inflate GP for TB amd then along comes TW.. And later GA.. The response by someone who started after tb and TW BOTH existed poor management?

    The complication isnt. In fact the code is already there see TW. No toons can be used under 6000 GP... A simple "if then > 10000" is all it would take to remove the GP of "fluff" from counting in matchups.

    GA infnitely favors accounts that came aboard after the existence of TW. And I'm ok with losing. Rewards are inintile in difference (just like tw win or loss). But (not directed specifically at you) anyone to say its fair or even close is ridiculously wrong.

    I have used weak toons a few times to my advantage in GA. I've set teams of my weakest toons, saved all my strong ones for offense and won. Why shouldn't weak toons also count towards the total GP used for matchmaking.

    Sorry bud but ill call **** on the winning. Unless your opponent didnt attack. Because a defense of your "fluff" would get your oponent a perfect score.

    Now to answer your question. Ive answered the why 2 posts ago, and continued the answer in the post you quoted.

    Youre argued a fair fight. I'm not supposed to assume you believe bringing a gun to a knife fight is fair.

    And catching you with your primed ALT acct proves my point all the more.

    Your relevance is concluded.

    I argued, that weak characters should also be included in the GP used by the match-making algorithm. It's all there in the quote. I believe you're confusing different discussions.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't intend to waste time on that discussion any more.

    Lol yea right. Is that why you post your strategy on every thread about matchmaking in GA? To not waste time discussing it?

    Give it a rest.... He is right and you are wrong... If he hadn't placed any defence he would have lost, so placing those week toons got him the points he needed to make the victory possible....

    I was annoyed at something else (and him too but whatever) when I posted. I tried deleting my post but not before someone read it.

    Feel free to discuss and comment, but please stop your personal attacks.

    Lol I thought you didn’t actually want a discussion. I’m disappointed I fell for this.

    Oh well then.
  • Waqui
    6008 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't intend to waste time on that discussion any more.

    Lol yea right. Is that why you post your strategy on every thread about matchmaking in GA? To not waste time discussing it?

    Give it a rest.... He is right and you are wrong... If he hadn't placed any defence he would have lost, so placing those week toons got him the points he needed to make the victory possible....

    I was annoyed at something else (and him too but whatever) when I posted. I tried deleting my post but not before someone read it.

    Feel free to discuss and comment, but please stop your personal attacks.

    Lol I thought you didn’t actually want a discussion. I’m disappointed I fell for this.

    Oh well then.

    I'm not interested in your type of 'discussion'.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Over and out.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't intend to waste time on that discussion any more.

    Lol yea right. Is that why you post your strategy on every thread about matchmaking in GA? To not waste time discussing it?

    Give it a rest.... He is right and you are wrong... If he hadn't placed any defence he would have lost, so placing those week toons got him the points he needed to make the victory possible....

    I was annoyed at something else (and him too but whatever) when I posted. I tried deleting my post but not before someone read it.

    Feel free to discuss and comment, but please stop your personal attacks.

    Lol I thought you didn’t actually want a discussion. I’m disappointed I fell for this.

    Oh well then.

    I'm not interested in your type of 'discussion'.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Over and out.

    You mean using details instead of vague generalities? I mentioned I deleted my previous comment and shouldn’t have made it. You didn’t have to open it up for discussion and then say you’re not interested in it lol.
  • KyoO1234
    164 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Most people just don’t know how to play well and like to blame fluffs and ship GP for losing. It’s just sad. So far I never faced someone with now ship GP than me and I am always at an advantage.

    ...said the troll.

    Looks like CG needs to decide what to do with GA (and TW where the same applies):

    1) Claim it’s all fair and people who spend more money and/or have a focus on meta characters only should be paired against people who like to actually play with different characters.

    2) Improve the matchmaking process to consider only usable GP (no ship GP if no ships can be set), consider #G12 and meta characters. This way you are pairing up apples with apples.

    That people favored by 1) like the way it is doesn’t surprise me. But is it fair? No. But people who favor option 1) certainly would also get a kick out of racing somebody in a 2002 Honda Civic with their shiny new Porsche 911 and then claim their win on their “skill” and argue that it’s a fair race because the other person should have bought a Porsche as well and is stupid for not doing it...
  • Waqui
    6008 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »
    I don't intend to waste time on that discussion any more.

    Lol yea right. Is that why you post your strategy on every thread about matchmaking in GA? To not waste time discussing it?

    Give it a rest.... He is right and you are wrong... If he hadn't placed any defence he would have lost, so placing those week toons got him the points he needed to make the victory possible....

    I was annoyed at something else (and him too but whatever) when I posted. I tried deleting my post but not before someone read it.

    Feel free to discuss and comment, but please stop your personal attacks.

    Lol I thought you didn’t actually want a discussion. I’m disappointed I fell for this.

    Oh well then.

    I'm not interested in your type of 'discussion'.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Over and out.

    You mean using details instead of vague generalities? I mentioned I deleted my previous comment and shouldn’t have made it. You didn’t have to open it up for discussion and then say you’re not interested in it lol.
    Waqui wrote: »
    Stop misinterpreting my comments.
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    Most people just don’t know how to play well and like to blame fluffs and ship GP for losing. It’s just sad. So far I never faced someone with now ship GP than me and I am always at an advantage.

    ...said the troll.

    Looks like CG needs to decide what to do with GA (and TW where the same applies):

    1) Claim it’s all fair and people who spend more money and/or have a focus on meta characters only should be paired against people who like to actually play with different characters.

    2) Improve the matchmaking process to consider only usable GP (no ship GP if no ships can be set), consider #G12 and meta characters. This way you are pairing up apples with apples.

    That people favored by 1) like the way it is doesn’t surprise me. But is it fair? No. But people who favor option 1) certainly would also get a kick out of racing somebody in a 2002 Honda Civic with their shiny new Porsche 911 and then claim their win on their “skill” and argue that it’s a fair race because the other person should have bought a Porsche as well and is stupid for not doing it...

    And that is all that is being asked...well said! It's not rocket science.
  • I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.
  • BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    In theory, everyone who started with them should then be in the same boat.... The only players with high GP that have only the best toons maxed are the whales, and CG certainly isn't going to do anything to eliminate the paid advantage factor.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    In theory, everyone who started with them should then be in the same boat.... The only players with high GP that have only the best toons maxed are the whales, and CG certainly isn't going to do anything to eliminate the paid advantage factor.....

    GP plus start date would be perfectly fine by me. An old F2P and a year old whale shouldn't be paired but two new whales certainly should.
  • BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    The longer-term player can have other advantages however, such as having accumulated more zetas and having a greater depth of quality mods.
  • Holy_warrior
    114 posts Member
    edited February 28
    Why is this post not locked yet??? If you have the same gp as another person its the exact same line up... if you chose to gear up youe characters instead of farm every other character that’s your choice . I chose to gear up my toons and mod them to suit. I win every time, surely players like me should be rewarded for spending the time to win? Like any game you don’t play to lose? You wouldn’t go into a casino and play with someo one with £1 million on the table if you can only play with £100...

    Trash arguments. Most of you are trying to penalise players like me who have worked on my roster properly. I don’t want to face players double my gp. I do that in the arena.... if i did i’d want tripple the reward for double the fall, back to the casino, the table wouldn’t let me face the person with £1million because i only have £100.

    It’s straight forward answer if you don’t like the GA, don’t play it, if you don’t like losing then (SHOCK) don’t play it. It’s a fun installment to the game and most of you are crying about it. ITS FAIR END OF.

    I’ll keep posting this until you stop arguing with Bubba.

    When did you start playing the game?

    And those of us who dont like it ARENT playing. But its not gonna stop us from clicking join for free rewards. And thats what this threads supporters of the bull **** matchup are **** about.

    About 3-4 years ago.

    You lost me after that.

    You are arguing for an alt then.

    But annoyingly i don’t understand you? You think i have multiple account or something utter? Can assure you i’m a 3-4 year veteran. Not that it’s got any relevance unless you wanna see how i work in game? I can show you my progress if it makes you feel better. You’ll probably not like it because my roster has a ton of g12s and i’m still low gp. (Supposedly giving me this make belief advantage)


    No i’m arguing to everyone who thinks the ga match making is un-fair because it is. Be my guest to try prove me wrong?


  • BubbaFett
    1999 posts Member
    edited March 1
    The alt argument is super weak..... Nothing stopped anyone from building their main the same way as an alt....
  • No_Try
    3780 posts Member
    edited March 1
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    I don't agree with your approach. For example a g11-12 dooku is not fluff, or my jawas I developed in hopes of their usefulness for AAT before release. I think everyone has to own up to these decisions. They are not arbitrary like the fully leveled g7-8 toons we made solely to bloat our GP for TB.

    And a whale that has started 1.5 years after me that caught me up in GP totally deserves his advantage if there's one.

    Philosophically I'm even more opposed. Trying to match people regarding their spending grades is a terrible idea.
  • Disruptor92
    236 posts Member
    edited March 1
    [/quote]
    GA its one or the other.
    If you joined prior to TW youre either about even in matchup, or you're blown away.
    [/quote]

    Nah. Not true.

    Edit: gah. Messed up the quoting again lol
  • @IDinDooNuffin read my post above^
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    edited March 1
    No_Try wrote: »
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    I don't agree with your approach. For example a g11-12 dooku is not fluff, or my jawas I developed in hopes of their usefulness for AAT before release. I think everyone has to own up to these decisions. They are not arbitrary like the fully leveled g7-8 toons we made solely to bloat our GP for TB.

    And a whale that has started 1.5 years after me that caught me up in GP totally deserves his advantage if there's one.

    Philosophically I'm even more opposed. Trying to match people regarding their spending grades is a terrible idea.

    Perhaps you were not around when you had to have decent developed Jawas for mod challenges. You needed a different faction for each mod type. It's not cut and dry as your making it out to be.
  • No_Try
    3780 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    I don't agree with your approach. For example a g11-12 dooku is not fluff, or my jawas I developed in hopes of their usefulness for AAT before release. I think everyone has to own up to these decisions. They are not arbitrary like the fully leveled g7-8 toons we made solely to bloat our GP for TB.

    And a whale that has started 1.5 years after me that caught me up in GP totally deserves his advantage if there's one.

    Philosophically I'm even more opposed. Trying to match people regarding their spending grades is a terrible idea.

    Perhaps you were not around when you had to have decent developed Jawas for mod challenges. You needed a different faction for each mod type. It's not cut and dry as your making it out to be.

    Sure you read my message? I'm a day 1 player, I have them freakin jawas at g10-11 just because CG announced them as a bonus faction for AAT before it was released. An account does and should carry all the lifetime decisions it's player has made.

    This is just the wrong kind of -fairness- I'm arguing against. It's rather staleness trying to trap players to match with others from their particular starting point.
  • EA_Rtas
    1022 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks lets try and cut out the bickering here please, lets keep the thread on topic and avoid any derailing arguments going forward.
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    I don't agree with your approach. For example a g11-12 dooku is not fluff, or my jawas I developed in hopes of their usefulness for AAT before release. I think everyone has to own up to these decisions. They are not arbitrary like the fully leveled g7-8 toons we made solely to bloat our GP for TB.

    And a whale that has started 1.5 years after me that caught me up in GP totally deserves his advantage if there's one.

    Philosophically I'm even more opposed. Trying to match people regarding their spending grades is a terrible idea.

    Perhaps you were not around when you had to have decent developed Jawas for mod challenges. You needed a different faction for each mod type. It's not cut and dry as your making it out to be.

    Sure you read my message? I'm a day 1 player, I have them freakin jawas at g10-11 just because CG announced them as a bonus faction for AAT before it was released. An account does and should carry all the lifetime decisions it's player has made.

    This is just the wrong kind of -fairness- I'm arguing against. It's rather staleness trying to trap players to match with others from their particular starting point.

    That I didnt disagree with....the starting point. Just the fact you needed them .more then just AAT...I gave you a thumbs up. But take it further. I was around when GP wasn't more then a measurement stick on how well you developed your whole roster. Not just a measurement of who had the best toons maxed. There't wasn't ship GP/toon GP. There wasn't even a g11 tier. You developed your whole roster...not just the half most viable.
  • No_Try
    3780 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    TRanger wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    BilAndTed wrote: »
    I think an important part of this debate is a distinction between player time in game. Those who started near day one and geared to experiment or because at the time the toon was good in rancor etc...those are the players being punished effectively by this method regardless of choosing to focus one mode over another. Newer players had the benefit of guides and handed on information from those same people. Only newer players can make the choice of focusing one more over another and keep their GP efficient. Year one players can not, they're carrying a lot of fluff as a result of growing with the game.

    I don't agree with your approach. For example a g11-12 dooku is not fluff, or my jawas I developed in hopes of their usefulness for AAT before release. I think everyone has to own up to these decisions. They are not arbitrary like the fully leveled g7-8 toons we made solely to bloat our GP for TB.

    And a whale that has started 1.5 years after me that caught me up in GP totally deserves his advantage if there's one.

    Philosophically I'm even more opposed. Trying to match people regarding their spending grades is a terrible idea.

    Perhaps you were not around when you had to have decent developed Jawas for mod challenges. You needed a different faction for each mod type. It's not cut and dry as your making it out to be.

    Sure you read my message? I'm a day 1 player, I have them freakin jawas at g10-11 just because CG announced them as a bonus faction for AAT before it was released. An account does and should carry all the lifetime decisions it's player has made.

    This is just the wrong kind of -fairness- I'm arguing against. It's rather staleness trying to trap players to match with others from their particular starting point.

    That I didnt disagree with....the starting point. Just the fact you needed them .more then just AAT...I gave you a thumbs up. But take it further. I was around when GP wasn't more then a measurement stick on how well you developed your whole roster. Not just a measurement of who had the best toons maxed. There't wasn't ship GP/toon GP. There wasn't even a g11 tier. You developed your whole roster...not just the half most viable.

    Ok then. I'm not trying to make it cut and try. I think that a fair system isn't built upon historical ruminations of each player and breed of player mindsets.

    The root of this problem is CG first supporting maximally building rosters across the board. And that's as it should be as they wouldn't want to encourage hoarding for their goal (=profit) either. And that took a 180 degree turn with the release of GA.

    GP is not a fine-tuned measurement of the parameters it's built on. It didn't need to be so until it was used for matchmaking. It was just a number representing some of % completion of a roster.
  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    Exactly..that's the point we have been driving at. Nice break down of the explanation.
  • Waqui
    6008 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    The root of this problem is CG first supporting maximally building rosters across the board. And that's as it should be as they wouldn't want to encourage hoarding for their goal (=profit) either. And that took a 180 degree turn with the release of GA.

    The 'turn' happened a year ago, when TW was introduced. 'fluff GP' has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it has now in GA. (Or rather ever since the algorithm was changed to match guilds with even active GP in TW)

  • TRanger
    304 posts Member
    edited March 1
    Waqui wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    The root of this problem is CG first supporting maximally building rosters across the board. And that's as it should be as they wouldn't want to encourage hoarding for their goal (=profit) either. And that took a 180 degree turn with the release of GA.

    The 'turn' happened a year ago, when TW was introduced. 'fluff GP' has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it has now in GA. (Or rather ever since the algorithm was changed to match guilds with even active GP in TW)

    Yes, my guild has felt this effect for some while now. And it is frustrating at best to continue be matched in both TW and GA the same way. That's why guilds are going top heavy bottom light to continue to be matched favorably.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright folks lets try and cut out the bickering here please, lets keep the thread on topic and avoid any derailing arguments going forward.

    tenor.gif?itemid=3545114
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Sure you read my message? I'm a day 1 player, I have them freakin jawas at g10-11 just because CG announced them as a bonus faction for AAT before it was released. An account does and should carry all the lifetime decisions it's player has made.

    This is just the wrong kind of -fairness- I'm arguing against. It's rather staleness trying to trap players to match with others from their particular starting point.

    Mine are g9/10. I actually got to use them in a GA matchup when I had an opponent put up a cruddy droid team. It was pretty fun.
  • Holshum
    11 posts Member
    In my bracket right now, there is one guy who has 5 g12's and 20 zetas, another guy has 41 g12's and 29 zetas. So certainly not an even matchup by any stretch of the imagination. So I agree that the current system is not perfect, but I don't see that ever being fixed by changing a match making algorithm. The depth and complexity and number of characters possible would make any solution proposed just lead to different problems where someone else is going to be the low man on the totem pole. I personally believe that removing "fluff" from the GP comparison would end up making matches more competitive overall, but I have no proof and realize that it could possibly make matters even worse.

    The thing I particularly don't like about the system is:

    a) It does punish those who chose one style of resource management without a means to correct those decisions. Like others have stated, you can very easily level up unused toons to a point that gives you a significant GP boost without sacrificing any needed materials for the "important/good" toons. These decisions can not be unmade for this new game mode nor easily corrected because just shifting your focus to the "right" way to play by only focusing on the top teams will only make you face harder opponents. So that guy with only 5 g12's can work hard to get 30 g12's and be competitive against a guy with 41, but he will now be facing someone with 60 and still be outgunned.

    b) It's a character collection game that is telling you to stop collecting characters to stay competitive. I am a competitive person, so I have always chased the meta to make sure that I am competitive in all areas of the game. I hoard materials to a point so I'm ready to chase the next meta when it comes along. I don't really enjoy doing those things but I understand it's what needs to be done to stay competitive and I'm willing to do that. The part of the game I enjoy the most is when I get over my hoard limit of 20 million credits (or whatever other resource is needed) and get to spend my "for fun money" on the characters I like. When GA first came out, I was coming in either first or second, but every time I got second I could see a way if I played better or had better RNG that I could have won. I continued to level up my for fun characters and now still get second, but it is much tougher and I have absolutely no shot at getting first place. I realize that to stay competitive here I essentially lose the ability level up characters I like or try to develop non-meta teams which in the end I feel I will try to stay competitive cause that's in my nature but will stop enjoying the game.

    I think the best solution to the problem is not to remove "fluff" from the equation or change how GP is calculated because I don't think that will actually fix any problems but just change them to affect other people. The best solution in my opinion would be to add reward tiers just like in TB. That way the players who have a focused roster can still enjoy being the big fish in their little pond, but the players on the other end of the spectrum will still get something out of it and hopefully in the long run it would help even the matches out as players work to get into higher reward tiers.

    Sorry for the long post, I'm not usually one to even voice my opinion, but there it is.
  • No_Try
    3780 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    The root of this problem is CG first supporting maximally building rosters across the board. And that's as it should be as they wouldn't want to encourage hoarding for their goal (=profit) either. And that took a 180 degree turn with the release of GA.

    The 'turn' happened a year ago, when TW was introduced. 'fluff GP' has the exact same effect on match-making in TW as it has now in GA. (Or rather ever since the algorithm was changed to match guilds with even active GP in TW)

    TW is not an absolute turn as it also has prize tiers which calls for the guilds to move up tiers. Besides TW matchmaking has never been directly matching GPs like GA does.

    The statement GA makes is to start sandbagging across the board (if you wanna be competetive in the mode).
  • Holshum wrote: »
    I think the best solution to the problem is not to remove "fluff" from the equation or change how GP is calculated because I don't think that will actually fix any problems but just change them to affect other people. The best solution in my opinion would be to add reward tiers just like in TB. That way the players who have a focused roster can still enjoy being the big fish in their little pond, but the players on the other end of the spectrum will still get something out of it and hopefully in the long run it would help even the matches out as players work to get into higher reward tiers.

    That wouldn't really change the complaints people have. I'm 3.7m gp, and I've seen plenty of people with a ton of fluff and people without much fluff in my GAs. I also have guild members over 4m gp who have a lot of fluff in their rosters facing people with more focused PvP oriented rosters.

  • No_Try
    3780 posts Member
    Holshum wrote: »
    I think the best solution to the problem is not to remove "fluff" from the equation or change how GP is calculated because I don't think that will actually fix any problems but just change them to affect other people. The best solution in my opinion would be to add reward tiers just like in TB. That way the players who have a focused roster can still enjoy being the big fish in their little pond, but the players on the other end of the spectrum will still get something out of it and hopefully in the long run it would help even the matches out as players work to get into higher reward tiers.

    That wouldn't really change the complaints people have. I'm 3.7m gp, and I've seen plenty of people with a ton of fluff and people without much fluff in my GAs. I also have guild members over 4m gp who have a lot of fluff in their rosters facing people with more focused PvP oriented rosters.

    Yeah a GP ladder system is pretty logical. But that's only an additional improvement.
Sign In or Register to comment.