How can one person have so much greed(and crystals) to allow such things

Prev1345
So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**

Replies

• Options
    find your shard chat and if you dont have one then create one and get others to join in hitting him back, hit him back far enough each day he will soon give up hogging 1st and might even try and contact you for a cease fire
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    We have ,but it's mostly filled with US players and they attack during the night. So yeah,we tried to blacklist him but they don't attack him that much. There's an good 7-8 hours difference between us.

He doesn't want to contact us , we've been doing this for a long time,even I went into a crusade to stop him so he gets the message,wasted 100 crystals just to push him every 5 minutes back.

Nothing.
  • Options
    You either need to band together and chain drop and lock during po with others in shard. Otherwise it's arena he's breaking no rules. And some people play for number 1. Him doing that limits his opponents to beat him in the future. If he chooses to keep it up there is absolutely nothing you can do.
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    But there are other players that dont have infinite amount of shards and need to manage these kinds of things . Seems like a LOT of pay2win for me

Take my case, I make around 600 crystals per day and I have around 2000 stockpiled ,but I still wouldn't pay more than 100 crystals to get to my arena,it's not profitable to do so when you only gain 350(ship shard) per day.
  • Options
    They pay for the advantage to allow people free to play. Other option is take second and move on. Again not his problem that people feel like they should get 1 or whatever the reason may be. Again he's doing nothing weeping pvp it's pvp for a reason. Some people want max gain others want 1
  • Options
    1st to second is 25 crystals so save refreshes and take 2 or try to snipe. Chain drop.
  • Options
    Mind you that he's not the only doing rogue actions,so exterior interference might still happen.Sniping is a valid tactic ok,but my payout is at 22h , and he still attacks everyone even when his payout is over thus making me waste crystals so i can go 3rd or 2nd .

Right now we' are going back and forth from 10 to 15.
  • Options
    So you’re mad because he is actually being competitive?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    What exactly do you want to have happen here? If he is willing to spend the crystals to camp out in first all day, you can’t make him not do that.
  • Malagrazia
    12 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    From my point of view he is doing what the game permit... he just want to stay first all day, and game permits it using in game resources, if he has them and want it is a legit behavior from CG/EA point of view.
    Shard chat isn't legal, instead, from EA/CG point of view.
    Who is the bad guy? :blush:
  • Options
    One there's being competitive,then there's being an pain in the **** to everyone that's trying to advance after his payout.
  • Options
    Go around take 2nd. Or keep it up and hope he gets bored of the war. And he's not doing rogue actions. He can play his arena how he chooses. Adapt or live with it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he is doing and absolutely nothing and should be nothing that can be done to change how he's playing.
  • Options
    Malagrazia wrote: »
    From my point of view he is doing what the game permit... he just want to stay first all day, and game permits it using in game resources, if he has them and want it is a legit behavior from CG/EA point of view.
    Shard chat isn't legal, instead, from EA/CG point of view.
    Who is the bad guy? :blush:

when has anyone officially said shard chats are not legal?
    the game devs + forum mods use shard chats so if they were not legal would they have admitted to usind shard chats?
  • Options
    just message him/her in game. try to work it out.
  • Options
    They have said iirc they are "against the spirit of arena " but not against tos
  • Options
    yohann269 wrote: »
    just message him/her in game. try to work it out.

He already said the person has an under-18 account so they can't receive messages.

Anyway, yeah, while this isn't convenient and frankly seems like a waste of resources on his part, I dunno what options you have other than sniping 1st a few minutes before your payout.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    You guys don't seem to get the problem,I have no problem with taking 2nd or 3rd,the problem lies in the top 10, he tries to force it when everyone else (including me) are trying to advance .
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    You guys don't seem to get the problem,I have no problem with taking 2nd or 3rd,the problem lies in the top 10, he tries to force it when everyone else (including me) are trying to advance .

My advice is keep him from getting first a few times. I've had someone that doesn't play well in arena snipe me and since you know his payout, focus your attention at his payout. Whether it's just you sniping him from 5th 2 min before his payout or a group of you sending him out of the top 20 before his payout, that serms to be what works for me. When I get an annoyance that snipes me before my payout. I snipe them back enough at the time it hurts them the most and they usually learn that it's best to just go around me so they don't immediately get hit back.
  • Options
    How long has he been doing this? If just a few days or if this is a new shard, just wait. He'll get bored or run out of money. No use getting stressed about a few crystals.
  • Options
    Maybe hes just tired of ppl in their comfort zones (shard chats) so hes just blocking 1st place. Its actually quite amazing that hes able to annoy a whole shard chat as a single person :D
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    He's doing this for months

• Options
    One there's being competitive,then there's being an pain in the **** to everyone that's trying to advance after his payout.

If he's being a pain in the *** then the best response is for everyone else to be a pain back. We had a similar guy in our arena, he was seemingly moving up at all times of day (including overnight for his payout sometimes!) and knocking others back. He annoyed literally everyone else so we made a hitlist and put him on it - he wanted to play rough so that's how we played it. He still moved a lot but he must have been spending hundreds of crystals to do so. To this day, new people joining the chat are happy to see him on the hitlist. After a few months he seems to have quietened down a little.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Heh,we thought it would make a difference,we've been keeping him back for months now,alas nothing seems to change.

Problem is ,our shard is 50% US,20% Central europe 20% Asia 10% Russia.

While we can certainly attack im,we are only a handfull of people in Central europe (3 in my payout time) and it's not enough to really push him back,he'll just attack someone that's in Asia or US and not available to snipe him back.

If we do snipe him 7-8 times in a row,sometimes he calms down a bit and snipes somebody else to get to 1 but even so...he's a pain that shouldn't be a pain.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**
    I had the same person in my ship shard

He would be glued to his phone around his PO and would spend more crystals than he's making just to always be #1

we gave up and rotated the 2/3/4th place and since its fleet its not a big deal

This dude has been adamant since before ships 2.0 and I am just so glad I changed my PO away from him
  • Options
    point is, if you don't fight anybody in your shard at your payout hour, you aren't competitive at all... beating the ia isnt the definition of competitive, the ia sucks hard and anybody can beat it, shard chats are just for being cooperative with each other instead of competitive.
    he is being perfectly competitive as he is fighting against all of you, and seems like, he beating all of you...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Heh?I worked my **** to get from 500 to top 10 , you can't tell me i didn't work or fight anybody or that i'm not competitive.

If you stay at 300 and haven't mooved in months then that's your problem,but I worked my way through top 10.

Ofcourse he's beating all of us,and we are beating him,that's how usually ship work,there's NO set meta , if you know what you are doing you can beat anybody,even 3 g12 geonosian ships, or 7 star HT .
    That isn't the problem, the problem is he's wasting our crystals for nothing.
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    point is, if you don't fight anybody in your shard at your payout hour, you aren't competitive at all... beating the ia isnt the definition of competitive, the ia sucks hard and anybody can beat it, shard chats are just for being cooperative with each other instead of competitive.
    he is being perfectly competitive as he is fighting against all of you, and seems like, he beating all of you...

The battles themselves aren't really the competitive part of this game. Building the team up so it can win on offense in the top 5 and hold decently on defense is most of the effort. Most battles are decided before you hit the battle button. It's all about roster development.
  • Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

He's not forcing you to spend crystals. If he is trolling you, then do what you do with trolls, just ignore him and without the attention, he'll get bored and leave.

• Options

He's not forcing you to spend crystals. If he is trolling you, then do what you do with trolls, just ignore him and without the attention, he'll get bored and leave.

Indeed. If he wants to sit at 1, and you are going for 2, he can't bump you. He could theoretically attack you to keep you from moving up (if you were in the top 5 already), but even that would require serious timing.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/