How can one person have so much greed(and crystals) to allow such things

Replies

• TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    That isn't the problem, the problem is he's wasting our crystals for nothing.

He's not forcing you to spend crystals. If he is trolling you, then do what you do with trolls, just ignore him and without the attention, he'll get bored and leave.

Who said that?!?!

:p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    You guys don't seem to get the problem,I have no problem with taking 2nd or 3rd,the problem lies in the top 10, he tries to force it when everyone else (including me) are trying to advance .

What exactly is the problem? You're right. I don't see it.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Heh?I worked my **** to get from 500 to top 10 , you can't tell me i didn't work or fight anybody or that i'm not competitive.

If you stay at 300 and haven't mooved in months then that's your problem,but I worked my way through top 10.

Ofcourse he's beating all of us,and we are beating him,that's how usually ship work,there's NO set meta , if you know what you are doing you can beat anybody,even 3 g12 geonosian ships, or 7 star HT .

how is he wasting your crystals? does he enters into your account and use them? probably not.
    if its you who is using refreshes, then its you who wastes them, not him, he isn't forcing you to do it..
    if he wants to fight all day long, its perfectly fine, thats the spirit of any pvp game
    if you want to collude with all your shardmates so everybody can maximise your crystals income its perfectly fine too, it isnt against the tos, but you can't expect that 100% of people think in that way and follow that way of thinking, he may be a pita for your shard, but he is being the perfect definition of a competitor, instead of a cooperative guy, like everybody else.
    its your choice, keep hitting him until he gets bored or take 2 and move on
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    He's seems to be wearing you guys down if your action was to vent on the forum. He's getting closer to just parking at the #1 spot all day. Congrats to him!

You mean there's someone out there we can blame for each of the rants I see here daily???
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

You are the only one able to spend your own crystals. If anybody is wasting them, it's yourself. Nobody else can.

• Options
    So what you're saying is... You want to organize bullying against a minor who justs wants to be the best...
  • Options
    So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**

Really? You're crying cause you can't take number 1? wow then you advocate teaming in a shard chat to try and beat him?

These are the worst kinds of people imo. Shard chats are awful. They take away from the competitive 1v1 spirit of the arena. I honestly think Shard chats should be banned. Maybe just grow a proverbial pair and try and win like a "man."

Sorry if this is harsh but this post and the whole shard chat thing really irks me.
  • Options

These are the worst kinds of people imo. Shard chats are awful. They take away from the competitive 1v1 spirit of the arena. I honestly think Shard chats should be banned. Maybe just grow a proverbial pair and try and win like a "man."

Sorry if this is harsh but this post and the whole shard chat thing really irks me.

Not all shard chats are awful. I love my shard chat. I've learned so much from them. It's like my second guild chat, except we can compare notes and tell each other how to make our squads better since we're fighting against each other as well. If I fight a friend (with different payout) and notice something not working right or his mods are off, I'll let him know.

• Options
    matsumike wrote: »
    So what you're saying is... You want to organize bullying against a minor who justs wants to be the best...

Not necessarily a minor, just because they have (supposedly) a minor account. Also..the best? This isn't about being the best. It's about trying to curb trollish behavior.

Sitting at 1st all day provides this guy ZERO benefit (and with refreshes actually has a negative cost associated), while actively denying other players that spot. One could try and argue that by forcing his opponents to settle for second, he's maintaining a resource advantage. But the gap between 1st and second is a measly 25 crystals...and the second he buys a refresh he's already lost the advantage.

It's actively slows your progression to climb outside your payout hours using refreshes. It's simply hubris, or trolling. Either way, it's harmful to the troll, as well as everyone else. Of course sensible people will want to curb it.

Imagine a go-kart that you can ride once every 24 hours. You race to the front of the line and take your ride. Once it's done, you can't ride for another 24 hours. But instead of getting off the go-kart, you sit on it until it's your turn again. You can't use it, but you'll deny everyone else it by sitting there. If anyone tries to move you off, you punch them and climb back on. That's what this is. A 3 year old going, "mine! mine! mine!"
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So I have an player in my ship arena,he has an minor account since I can't message him(i assume that's why),tried searching for him on discord and his guild,but no sucess.

His payout is always at 18h,and he ALWAYS gets 1 or if he gets sniped last minute.

Thing is , he wants to stay 1 all day through the night(unlikely as there are US members attacking at that time), and after he gets demoted he still forces 1 even after his payout.

It's now 19h35 and he is sniping everyone ,me included in the game to get to 1 . He wants to stay there all day through the night till tommorow 18h,and,he usually does it.

But he is an annoyance,how can you deal with this?Because I assume it would be not ok to make an rule so that you can't refresh after x hours after your payout is passed. He seems to have an infinite crystal and doesn't mind spending those **at all**
    Simple solution is snipe his payout after he collects crystals should be no reason to battle back unless u guys knock him out top 5. Other option is snipe ur own payout each day don’t even c how he could be on if his is during night that unless he doesn’t sleep.
  • Options
    Stop being a baby and play the game. If he wants to be number 1 and you do to then spend the crystals to get to 1. If not, then let him have the 1 spot and move on.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Or at your payout wait until 5 minites until your payout and snipe him leaving too little time to get sniped back.
  • Options
    Your maffia isnt effective enough. Get more members and gang harder. :neutral:
  • Admiral_Gibbs
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

Not all shard chats are awful. I love my shard chat. I've learned so much from them. It's like my second guild chat, except we can compare notes and tell each other how to make our squads better since we're fighting against each other as well. If I fight a friend (with different payout) and notice something not working right or his mods are off, I'll let him know.

I'm not saying shard chats aren't "beneficial" to those involved.

I just think it's for people who are weak minded individuals who can't win on their own and need a collective to take advantage of a loop hole in the terms of service in order to be competitive.

For example I've been slowly climbing overall for a while now and try unorthodox teams in the arena and ship arena. I think currently I'm ranked like 18 or something in ships. Not once have I been tempted to go grab some other guys and go PLEASE SIR PLEASSSSSEEE take out these mean people they are beating me up. Guys my pay out is at 6 pm. Please let me get first since you already got it. I mean that is honestly pathetic. If you cant get there on your own you don't deserve it. There's plenty of free to play players who have managed to be successful. I think grand total I spent 20 dollars on the game when I was traveling across country one weekend. People in shard chats basically stop other people from advancing because they are selfish and want all the benefits of being competitive without actually doing it on their own.
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    Options
    My guess is that anyone working that hard to be #1 all day, is really just interested in that - being #1. So, maybe not motivated by greed, but over-competitiveness or compulsion? In which case there might be nothing you can do to get him to see your point of view.
  • Options

I just think it's for people who are weak minded individuals who can't win on their own and need a collective to take advantage of a loop hole in the terms of service in order to be competitive.

For example I've been slowly climbing overall for a while now and try unorthodox teams in the arena and ship arena. I think currently I'm ranked like 18 or something in ships. Not once have I been tempted to go grab some other guys and go PLEASE SIR PLEASSSSSEEE take out these mean people they are beating me up. Guys my pay out is at 6 pm. Please let me get first since you already got it. I mean that is honestly pathetic. If you cant get there on your own you don't deserve it. There's plenty of free to play players who have managed to be successful. I think grand total I spent 20 dollars on the game when I was traveling across country one weekend. People in shard chats basically stop other people from advancing because they are selfish and want all the benefits of being competitive without actually doing it on their own.

And you're entitled to your opinion.

I've never seen anyone ask to be given something they can't earn. I doubt the other people in the chat would acquiesce even if they did. It's not about being "weak-minded" people who can't earn on their own.

It's about getting together with others in your shard to maximize everyone's collective experience. We all can take 1st from each other (and do around our payouts). We're just trying to make sure we don't step on each others toes.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    People who think like that have no clue how most shard chats work.
  • Options
    Arena has become who has the best network not the best toons
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

You don't get to the top without the best toons, chat or not.
  • Options
    He's playing his game while you play yours, get better or stop whining.

Not his problem if your collective isn't to his taste.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Options

To an extent maybe but I know our shard chat is just to agree not to snipe within 3hrs of a payout. Or at least ask them to move first.

But I can tell you from experience the quality of your team still matters. I was running ep nightmare and doing fine until revan came. Then between revan and well modded traya teams, I was stuck in the teens on good days and 20s most days.

Then I unlocked traya and geared her. Now, nothing in my shard chat changed except my team. But now I can hit top 10 pretty easily again because I improved my team.
  • Options

I've never seen anyone ask to be given something they can't earn. I doubt the other people in the chat would acquiesce even if they did. It's not about being "weak-minded" people who can't earn on their own.

It's about getting together with others in your shard to maximize everyone's collective experience. We all can take 1st from each other (and do around our payouts). We're just trying to make sure we don't step on each others toes.

Its not an opinion. It's a fact. People that are in shard chats have an inherent advantage over those that aren't in them. That goes against everything that a 1v1 type game mode is set to make happen. WHO CARES when your pay out is. The whole point is to be number 1 in your shard. It really is pathetic that people attempt to defend shard chats as anything other than basically cheating. The only reason it isn't considered cheating is that its extremely hard to prove.

ALSO if you're in a shard chat or like the OP he's literally asking for help to earn number one because they cant EARN it. Or did you not read that part?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Are you saying there aren't collective hit lists where people organize to take out hostile players who are trying to climb? Cause that's literally how shard chats work.
  • Options

Its not an opinion. It's a fact. People that are in shard chats have an inherent advantage over those that aren't in them. That goes against everything that a 1v1 type game mode is set to make happen. WHO CARES when your pay out is. The whole point is to be number 1 in your shard. It really is pathetic that people attempt to defend shard chats as anything other than basically cheating. The only reason it isn't considered cheating is that its extremely hard to prove.

ALSO if you're in a shard chat or like the OP he's literally asking for help to earn number one because they cant EARN it. Or did you not read that part?

I would suggest re reading yourself, Op can take first, his issue is that player x feels entitled to sit in first all day, Completely different topics.

• Admiral_Gibbs
    37 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

I would suggest re reading yourself, Op can take first, his issue is that player x feels entitled to sit in first all day, Completely different topics.

So he's complaining that he can't take first from a guy who's invested his time into staying the best in his shard for any extended period of time? This despite the fact that he and a group have collectively ganged up to "teach said player a lesson"? No I think understand completely. He's crying like a baby that someone is competitive and that his collective can't handle it. Seems like the real issue is the OP thinks he has some kind of entitlement of his own to holding first.
  • Options
    Lol, you still are missing it, but it’s all good, try have a better day lol
  • Options

lol how am I missing it? Some guy is complaining that he and others can't beat some kid who thinks he's entitled to sit at number one.

What gives them the right to ever hit number one?

• Options

lol how am I missing it? Some guy is complaining that he and others can't beat some kid who thinks he's entitled to sit at number one.

You're missing it because it's not that he can't beat "some kid" - it's that every time he does, "some kid" attacks him back to retake the spot. It's not about team strength, or strategy. It's about "some kid" actively spending crystals on battle refreshes (therefore diminishing his own arena returns) for NO tangible benefit. Simply to sit at one and force the others to either spend crystals to fight him more (which he will apparently then in turn spend even MORE), or accept that that spot isn't worth the hassle.
  • Options

You're missing it because it's not that he can't beat "some kid" - it's that every time he does, "some kid" attacks him back to retake the spot. It's not about team strength, or strategy. It's about "some kid" actively spending crystals on battle refreshes (therefore diminishing his own arena returns) for NO tangible benefit. Simply to sit at one and force the others to either spend crystals to fight him more (which he will apparently then in turn spend even MORE), or accept that that spot isn't worth the hassle.

lmao the tangible benefit is that HE'S NUMBER ONE!

You didn't play many competitive sports did you? The whole goal is to ALWAYS be number 1. Clearly that's the benefit this kid gets. Then he can brag to his friends and say look I'm number 1