C3P0 Nerf or not??

Replies

• T4NM4N26 wrote: »
    Fix C-3P0, leave everyone else out of it. He's the broken character that doesn't actually do anything in the star wars universe that for some reason has become a God in this game.
    The problem is not any single element of this equation. The problem is the intersection of multiple effects.

Fact: Finn is one of those effects.

An honest appraisal means assessing everything involved. That includes Traya, 3PO, and Finn. And this is not the first time Finn has been a problem.
    Still not a he.
  • TAureliusC wrote: »
    They wanted a multi faction collaborator, and they got one.......... except they don’t like how well they are collaborating!!! With 7 abilities that affects multi factions I’m not surprised something went wrong, but I am somewhat perplexed by what they proposed as a possible solution.

Yup, this ^^

Actually probably one of the simplest and most effective solutions would simply be to replace all mentions/tags of the word "Resistance" in/on C3p0 with "Droid" - not only would that remove the Finn interaction but it would also give people the Droid synergy that many were hoping for when he was announced
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    zFinn is too important for GA and TW and TB. Dont touch him, or you kill a complete Team.
  • FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

They need to just hire you and McMole as testers so they don't have to keep nerfing characters after a new release.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

They need to just hire you and McMole as testers so they don't have to keep nerfing characters after a new release.

Me too.. Had all the loops figured and distributed in my guild the first day lol
  • MorganFreeman
    196 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb remove C3P0's interaction with Resistance. Add Droid interaction and make them viable for use instead.
    I can imagine most have invested gear and a zeta onto Finn for various events / HAAT. Changing his leadership would kill an entire squad and reduce Finn's usefulness to 0%.
    As for Traya, for most guilds pushing to start and complete HSTR, P3 is difficult enough as it is...don't make it harder.

Can you not pass your "completed characters" to the well known theory-crafters for a week prior to general notification of release? Seems like everybody wins there. Guys can have fun finding the enternal loops, you can roll back the characters release until it's rectified and everyone else doesn't have to go through all of this!

Just a thought
  • I’m going for traya tenacity boost for this.

P3 is mostly beaten with straight damage anyway.

Or @CG_SBCrumb remove the 7 hit on GG in tank and allow for other teams to auto haat as well.

My second comment on this thread...... THIS... those calling for nerfs must not understand the raid mechanics. Not a single other team posts respectable damage using debuffs, it is all around offense. I hope the DEV team is considering the understanding of those they are taking recommendations from.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I would love to see what % of players have 7* Chewie and 7* C3PO.. Is it really enough to change something for 100% of the players??

However, I'm betting you'll nerf zFinn so he'll be useless in every other part of the game, ie NS Zombie..
  • Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    However, I'm betting you'll nerf zFinn so he'll be useless in every other part of the game, ie NS Zombie..
    Are you serious right now?

The Zombie change was a buff in everything but heroic Sith, where they're still amazing. The Nightsisters kick butt all across the game.
    Still not a he.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    FYI...I already know how to break it again. Just calling my shot here. Look for my next big video in January after they fix this loop... 😉

I find it difficult to believe that team comps weren't tested in Sith- especially teams that are mentioned in 3p0s description.
    No judgement on my part, however, if I made the calls I'd hire two or three innovative players to test new characters and interactions- especially in the game's flagship raid. I'd also spring for a 2nd computer so Caley stops hogging it.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited December 2018

The irony of that statement is that McMole was removed for the GC program that had access to the test server and I applied but got denied.
  • Since C3PO was added it had huge impact on raids - ppl doing Htank raid on Auto + Sith raid problem. I seen u notice the sith raid problem but i`m wondering if u will do anything about Tank raid also, is not normal, in my opinion, that 1 character to change so much raid system - to change mechanics from choosing best way to attack to full auto.
  • obidrew1 wrote: »

I find it difficult to believe that team comps weren't tested in Sith- especially teams that are mentioned in 3p0s description.
    No judgement on my part, however, if I made the calls I'd hire two or three innovative players to test new characters and interactions- especially in the game's flagship raid. I'd also spring for a 2nd computer so Caley stops hogging it.

Caley is likely the main reason there is so little quality testing getting done at CG.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

The irony of that statement is that McMole was removed for the GC program that had access to the test server and I applied but got denied.

They probably frown upon people doing their job better than they do.
  • FatalFrame wrote: »
    Since C3PO was added it had huge impact on raids - ppl doing Htank raid on Auto + Sith raid problem. I seen u notice the sith raid problem but i`m wondering if u will do anything about Tank raid also, is not normal, in my opinion, that 1 character to change so much raid system - to change mechanics from choosing best way to attack to full auto.

Cls could auto hpit by himself when he was released. Just saying.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Gul_Ski73 wrote: »
    Are you serious right now?

The Zombie change was a buff in everything but heroic Sith, where they're still amazing. The Nightsisters kick butt all across the game.

Yeah, the 'Zombie' change that they did is actually one of the few post-release changes they've done that has actually worked well across most if not all modes of the game, I think it's the only time since I've been playing that they've made a "fix" style change to a character that has actually been done properly.

With the C3P0 situation there are really only 2 viable options that don't seriously f**k over a large percentage of existing well-invested squads/guilds:
    1) Change the abilities/uniques on C3P0 to remove the potential for the problematic TM gains
    2) Change the synergy on C3P0 from Resistance to Droid

Every other mentioned change will have major knock-on effects to other squads, or guild progress, or game modes, or ALL of the above.
  • Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
    Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it,
    Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
    Snap it, work it, quick, erase it,
    Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
    Load it, check it, quick, rewrite it
    Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
    Drag and drop it, zip, unzip it,
    Lock it, fill it, curl it, find it,
    View it, code it, jam, unlock it
    Surf it, scroll it, pose it, click it
    Cross it, crack it, twitch, update it,
    Name it, read it, tune it, print it,
    Scan it, send it, fax, rename it,
    Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it,
    Turn it, leave it, stop, format it.
    Great song B)
  • Beeblebrox
    424 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
    Trash it, change it, mail, upgrade it...
    Great song B)

Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat :smiley:
  • Nerf C3P0 and leave Finn alone!
    #Finn'sLifeMatters
  • So let's get this straight.

Finn's zeta has worked perfectly well for 18 months, and now, because C3PO was released without adequate (any?) testing, he's in the firing line for a nerf?

Well that's just spiffing, absolutely spiffing.
  • You'd think, what after the several "unintended interactions" involving the Sith raid, that CG/EA would maybe hire some of these youtubers (McMole2 and company) to beta test these characters before release. Maybe then players won't feel so rooked after spending money in order to get premium content...only to see said content changed. What do you think @CG_Carrie , @CG_SBCrumb? Is it possible CG could impliment some actual beta testing before new characters/content is released?
    The Finn/3P0 interaction seems difficult not to consider seeing as how Finn's leadership is designed to do exactly what is eventually going to be changed. Adding 3P0 shouldn't be something that is missed. It's not like the ZFinn team is some obscure team.
  • Hey guys, just wanted to mention that I went up against the same team that is able to solo phase 3 of the STR and the HAAT in arena and I was shocked that the AI was smart enough to pull off the same infinite loop against my team right off the bat.

Han shot first, exposing sion, then c3p0 used his special on han solo causing him to damage and expose again, and it basically went from there. I lost my sion before I could take a turn. I believe that the AI "got lucky" but I don't think it's fair to basically annihilate a character at the start of battle just because their c3p0 was able to outspeed my thrawn. I'm pretty sure it works even better on offense, since a similar strategy was able to work without c3p0 with just resistance trooper and Poe. Just with C3p0 it makes it a bigger issue. If this is working as intended, I guess I'll just have to figure something out for the future.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I don't think it's fair to basically annihilate a character at the start of battle just because their c3p0 was able to outspeed my thrawn.

Revan says hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whenever a new toon is released and players find ways to make that toon work in a way the developers didn’t intend, is proof that the developers do not do a thorough job with testing the toon before hand before releasing. They care more about making money first and foremost...which I understand cause that’s what keeps the game running....but proper testing and time should be as equally important.

Nothing makes a community of players more annoyed than releasing a toon, using resources to get that toon max geared/zeta’d...then completely changing things about that toon because proper testing wasn’t done in the first place. Doing business like that will eventually lead to people just moving on to another game sooner rather than later.
  • Or just getting refunds after being sold a product that was changed.
  • Whenever a new toon is released and players find ways to make that toon work in a way the developers didn’t intend, is proof that the developers do not do a thorough job with testing the toon before hand before releasing. They care more about making money first and foremost...which I understand cause that’s what keeps the game running....but proper testing and time should be as equally important.

Nothing makes a community of players more annoyed than releasing a toon, using resources to get that toon max geared/zeta’d...then completely changing things about that toon because proper testing wasn’t done in the first place. Doing business like that will eventually lead to people just moving on to another game sooner rather than later.

Makes me skeptical of all toons now. The timing of everything even if not intentional speaks volumes.

From the promise of improved communication when MSF was released.

To fixes of a hot marquee toon months later.

The timing speaks more than cg does.