C3P0 Nerf or not??

Prev13456711
Beeblebrox
424 posts Member
edited December 2018
Given that we're seeing some really effective use of C3P0 in the HAAT and HSTR raids, and historically that has tended to end up with EA "fixing" (i.e. nerfing even though chars were doing what the text said!) Characters and their abilities and/or synergies can we please get some confirmation NOW as to whether those who invest in Ewoks and gearing of C3P0 are going to be then hit with a frustrating character nerf?? We don't want to be getting told this AFTER we've all invested in it as if it was some sudden shock to the devs in a couple months time!

UPDATE: Crumb has posted saying that there will be a fix of some sort coming in the new year, his post is here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/190450/c-3po-finn-and-phase-3-of-the-sith-raid#latest
Post edited by Beeblebrox on

Replies

• This is soon don't worry. They won't let hstr go with that amount of time.
  • Then in that case I'll ask for a zeta refund for Finn.
  • it does not work in sith raid as it does in tank. ive tried it.

There's a video on p3 that says otherwise and that will be enough to nerf it.
  • ive personally tried it... not in a video it 100% does not work the same.

Whether you can do it or not is irrelevant. It's possible to solo P3 of the Sith raid with C3P0 and there's video evidence of people doing just that.
  • I have seen the video and what I saw suits CGs definition of infinite TM loop (infinite does not need to be really infinite though). And I think that they will change Finn instead of C3PO.
  • On reddit I believe he said tank is fine but if that infinte stuff can work so well in the sith raid it'll get the hammer and even then Finn will just get a "once per turn" Clause
  • ive personally tried it... not in a video it 100% does not work the same.

It’s not as easy. You need lots of potency. But I had a shardmate try it. He messed up the first topple (my fault, not his, my instructions) and still did 22 million damage.
  • Yup it will be nerfed and then we'll be back to a dozen+ restarts in the god awful p3 design and wasting time manually doing haat. Joy.
  • And just like Critolyte, they'll Nerf the wrong character.

Instead of fixing their shiny new Traya, they dumped on Acolyte instead.

They'll wreck zFinn lead ability instead of admitting they didn't test C-3PO enough. Which will cause more issues across the board by affecting all the other modes where zFinn works just fine.
  • B0baf3tt
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    I think they will just tweak the raid and allow traya to stack extra potency while toppled or let her gain 1% turn meter each time she gets exposed. Easy fix and no toons get ruined
  • I honestly hope they will nerf C3PO, but not for any Sith raid reasons. I faced an Ewok team in my arena today, long time no see, usually cannon fodder. But now they had a G7 C3PO in the team... and they beat the *beeeeep* out of me! I would understand if he'd only be that viable with strong gear, but not this way. Plus, why does he have no synergy with other droids? I was hoping to be able to use him for a droid team in the long run, but he'd be completely wasted there.
  • Because other droids can't stand him. R2 left him alone in a desert and he knew him for 20+ years.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    The simpler fix would be to change Traya, not zFinn or 3PO.

Give her stacking tenacity while toppled and it won't be an infinite loop anymore. Easy day. And no other current raid team really focuses on debuffs while Traya is toppled, so there would be minimal collateral damage.
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Plus, why does he have no synergy with other droids? I was hoping to be able to use him for a droid team in the long run, but he'd be completely wasted there.
    That's a choice, not an error. It's not going to change.

That said, C-3PO is human-cyborg relations. He's not primarily focused on interacting with other droids. Also, he has pretty much every possible synergy with the only viable droid leader, JTR.
    Post edited by YaeVizsla on
    Still not a he.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And just like Critolyte, they'll Nerf the wrong character.

Instead of fixing their shiny new Traya, they dumped on Acolyte instead.

They'll wreck zFinn lead ability instead of admitting they didn't test C-3PO enough. Which will cause more issues across the board by affecting all the other modes where zFinn works just fine.

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of half a55ed approach I'm worried about, especially since I only just Zeta'd my Finn in readiness for next JTR event.
    It's not as if this is some sneak approach that people uncovered after weeks or months of trying stuff, we're 3 days into his existence! So if they did test things before release they should come out and say "it's fine, no changes/nerfs will occur" OR ASAP come out and say "we f'ed up, didn't test properly, and X will be changing in the next update" so people can decide whether to invests time & resources into chars before it's too late
  • Agreed. But they won't. They'll let the cheese fest continue for weeks or months. Then we'll be inundated with "Refund my zeta!" posts.
  • nerf announcement will happen precisely in 3 days and 17 hours.I'm not a psychic or anything, but that is exactly when the 3PO event ends. This way CG can maximize return on the event. If anybody in CG has at least one chest hair, they will mention the nerf now so people can make informed decisions about spending or not.
  • They need to Un-Nerf Scavenger Rey.
  • @CG_SBCrumb I think we deserve an answer to this before the event is over? I already 7* and will be pleased either way, but this is a very important question for many who are deciding to spend resources now versus the chewie event next week. thanks!
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    That said, C-3PO is human-cyborg relations. He's not primarily focused on interacting with other droids. Also, he has pretty much every possible synergy with the only viable droid leader, JTR.

That means he is designed as an intermediary between humans and droids, he kinda should be able to give then translation too. That is literally why Owen bought him in the first place.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The simpler fix would be to change Traya, not zFinn or 3PO.

Give her stacking tenacity while toppled and it won't be an infinite loop anymore. Easy day. And no other current raid team really focuses on debuffs while Traya is toppled, so there would be minimal collateral damage.
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Plus, why does he have no synergy with other droids? I was hoping to be able to use him for a droid team in the long run, but he'd be completely wasted there.
    That's a choice, not an error. It's not going to say.

C3P0 has/had an entire network of Droid spies for the Resistance. The storyline is mostly comic based so it's not likely we'll ever see it utilized in game. Which is unfortunate.
  • What lots here fail to realize when saying "fix Traya not Finn" is that STR is not the only area where this is a problem. That same team gets into an infinite loop in arena as well, against any team that isn't Revan. So if they "fix Traya instead of Finn" then every new character they want to be used in arena needs to account for this mechanic.

Also, the change to Finn is likely to just limit the expose bonuses to those that were applied by Resistance allies, which would leave the team functionally unchanged in PvE and in GA/TW.
  • I think they should learn from their mistakes and not nerf anyone. Let them pay the price of not researching a new toon enough before release. If you advertise a Ferrari, and I pay for it, and a week later you deliver me a Skoda, then that is not good for business. I will take my time to relax, my energy, and my money elsewhere... Test the toons thoroughly before release please!!
  • evoluza wrote: »
    When they nerf/change something, then it's gone be zfinn lead (finally)

Finally? It sounds like you are implying that Finn should be nerfed, which is just absurd. No character should be nerfed if their abilities are working as they are described, especially when that ability has existed for well over a year without causing problems.
  • Either way this issue needs addressed. I don't have a zeta on Finn but if the team stays as is, I'll need to zeta him to stay competitive in hstr (for haat, I think jtr with 3PO can also solo so I could still be competitive.)

But if they nerf it, we need to know so we don't waste a zeta. And yes, I know that zfinn can be good in other areas so it's not a complete waste. And with 3PO making rebels expose, it may have even more use in tw/ga. But depending on how they change things, that may change. If they make it only resistance allys expose, then the zeta is useless to me since I don't have enough resistance to run a 2nd team. But if you can throw zfinn, 3PO, and a trio of b team rebels is for a good team, then the zeta isn't wasted.

@CG_SBCrumb can we get some info on this issue sooner rather than later?
  • Anyone hoping that CG will respond before the event's over; is being silly.

They will try to get as much panic farming as they can before they nerf the thing everyone panic farmed for. Duh.